What's new

Shiva Grows

shiva82

Got ginger paste to make curry soon, but forgot to get onions. I did get dry minced onion, but I would assume fresh would be a world of difference better.

Is ginger paste alright to use. I don't even really know anything about ginger.
paste is fine . lasts longer too. use a touch less than fresh as it will be slightly concentrated . i go by eyesight . i make a full curry for at east 4 people, and make a golf ball size mix of fresh garlic and fresh ginger blended up . what size curry do you intend to make?

pipeline

Cannabotanist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
All those mountain pictures are from southeast TN along the border of North Carolina. I love tennessee, West Virginia is steeper mountains but smaller, TN has the old growth forest and high point on the appilacians.

Clingman's dome

1701636884731.jpeg

pipeline

Cannabotanist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Yeah everything is high quality custom designed home made there, and the people are very hospitable and down to earth.

They take care of one another, and with the vast mountains and boulder-filled creeks it is a paradise.

You're going to want a four wheeler, dirtbike, or horse. Always more views to enjoy!

pipeline

Cannabotanist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
When I go riding in west virginia, there are cabins built by locals, out in the coal mine properties. Its a no-man's land. Hard to tame.

One cabin has a wrap -around porch and an oven, sink, with bunk beds and windows!

pipeline

Cannabotanist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Yeah probably just small batch. I have a what looks like a 12 inch cast lodge cast iron skillet with cast iron basting lid that has little bumps to condense and drip water to baste.

shiva82

so with the concnentrated ginger , you will use a level table spoons worth , to 4 x large clothes of crushed garlic . mix the two together. that is your pastes. you can also add half a birdseye type chilli to this mix but it is not needed . especially for the american palette .

first , you sauted your onions on very low heat with lots of quality oil, until the sliced onion are cear and soft and not burnt

pipeline

Cannabotanist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Whatever you want to call it, I'm still putting it on my pot pie. I always go southwest beef potroast with chili powder, garlic, mustard, and black beans. I think I'm pioneering food dishes, going where no man has gone before.

Just kidding will try it separate first at least.

shiva82

then you add you ginger and garlic paste , still on low and just mix it into onion for two minutes

then you add spice and meat ,seal the meat , then you add half or in your case a quarter tin of chopped tomatoes and any other veg , and a cup of stock or water. season to taste once the meat is no longer raw. cook until succulent. add water or stock as it dries up until it is soft and succulent. the only spice i dont add at the beginning is garam masala . and fresh coriander is always added final fresh on the finsihed dish or near the end to keep its colour and not make it over powering

pipeline

Cannabotanist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I think I have a garlic press, or used to. Will come in handy!

I have plenty of olive oil in reserve. Actually have 23 x 1.5 liters of organic olive oil to cook storable emergency food.

You are saying just enough oil to saturate it not to deep fry I assume.

shiva82

Whatever you want to call it, I'm still putting it on my pot pie. I always go southwest beef potroast with chili powder, garlic, mustard, and black beans. I think I'm pioneering food dishes, going where no man has gone before.

Just kidding will try it separate first at least.
don't be an askhole haha. ask a question and ignore the answer. do it my way mofo. do it as you please. i'm just answering what you asked . i'm just kidding too amigo. i would try my way