What's new

Shiva Grows

pipeline

Cannabotanist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
How much curry powder do you use? I had a curry powder that is McCormick gourmet organic but I think its not as good as this other company who has realy top quality spices, Spice Islands. Got new curry powder from Spice Islands yesterday, so will have to smell that one and try it first.

Could I used crushed tomatoes. May be better since it has more solids. The chopped/diced tomatoes have less body than the crushed tomatoes seems like, they are full of water in the can..

I assume you precook the meat, but not overdone then cut it up before adding to the onion mix?

Oh ok raw meat, do you dice it up before cooking?

shiva82

How much curry powder do you use? I had a curry powder that is McCormick gourmet organic but I think its not as good as this other company who has realy top quality spices, Spice Islands. Got new curry powder from Spice Islands yesterday, so will have to smell that one and try it first.

Could I used crushed tomatoes. May be better since it has more solids. The chopped/diced tomatoes have less body than the crushed tomatoes seems like, they are full of water in the can..

I assume you precook the meat, but not overdone then cut it up before adding to the onion mix?
if you have a ready blend , just a tea spoon probably. it depends what is in the mix. for one person , not much of each spice is needed . cumin, coriander, turmeric ,fenugreek, garam masala , hot chilli powder is what i use dry spice ,with the paste and other ingredients i mentioned. fresh coriander and yogurt i enjoy added at the end as a condiment

pipeline

Cannabotanist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Yeah it will be too good to just spread it on the pot pie, but the leftovers I will try it on there.

Fresh correander, will have to see if I can get that. I bet this dish is really amazing!

So if I season it to taste, I shouldn't have to air out the house like my mowing customer's neighbors. The whole neighborhood smelled like onion and curry powder! I think she missed the ratio.

The common eating habbits of americans are lacking in these beneficial spices. Really missing out on the health benefits and interesting flavor combos.

shiva82

just order yourself a complete curry spice rack from e bay dude. all the ones i mentioned for my family recipe plus many more to make various types . it is great fun

pipeline

Cannabotanist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
May have to use a bit of both, the McCormick actually as more of what you mentioned, but the Spice Islands has chili powder in it, just a little diffierent blend. Will have to make a couple batches!

I like things plain. I didn;t even use salt or any spices for a couple years after the divorce. I prefer less strong flavor usually, so I will be conservative.

pipeline

Cannabotanist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I can get a lot of that stuff at the grocery, they have a pretty good selection. We have a lot of indian people here with indian stores even, so I could just go there probably and find the fresh ingredients they use in India.

I love Basmatti rice. Very good at absorbing and releasing aeromatic flavor. I get the Royal brand its grown by the Himalayas.

shiva82

I can get a lot of that stuff at the grocery, they have a pretty good selection. We have a lot of indian people here with indian stores even, so I could just go there probably and find the fresh ingredients they use in India.

I love Basmatti rice. Very good at absorbing and releasing aeromatic flavor. I get the Royal brand its grown by the Himalayas.
if you follow my recipe . do it as close as you can, you will be blown away. it works best with lamb shoulder. slow cooked

the curry i'm teaching you is karachi based , ginger based. can't go wrong . millions of different curries to try

pipeline

Cannabotanist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Yeah, will do with some salt, probably want to cook it with some salt too. I like spices now. Spice cabinet just got stocked up for winter. Also got some organic sauces like buttermilk ranch, and soy sauce. Getting more flavor going now, but used to just enjoy the natural flavor of the food, butter brings it out.

Are you stocked up for winter at the house.? Later this week going to rain and I think its going to swing back in below average temps after a couple more weeks.

shiva82

to make nice lemon rice cook your rice as normal, and in your pan add a spoon of fat , a spoon of tumeric , and some finely diced lemon rind [wax free clean lemon] and the fat will go orange colour lemony , and toss youyr rice into the pan and let the rice soak in the juice and turn off the heat and put the lid on .and serve

pipeline

Cannabotanist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I will still need a pot pie on the side though. Haha. I will at least have some whole wheat and hemp bread for sure!
thanks Shiva! I forgot what you said the other day, appriciate the detailed review!

Need to pack a pipe of Early Skunk x Lebanese and hit the road with the dogs, its getting dark. Need to get them an out. They just helped me finish my beef roast. Happy dogs, I tell you! Very good and obedient.

Its called high value treats!

Chicken will be my first curry, I think. So can I just let it cook and cut it up as it becomes cooked or does it need pre diced raw meat to add to onion mixture.

RobFromTX

summertime , tennessee . log cabin and a big jar of buds , and a bbq . plenty of meat that's my idea of heaven

Americas been sold out shiva. All the pretty places like TN are very expensive and filled with baconites. If i could handle the cold i would move back to Alaska in two shakes of a rabbits ass

pipeline

Cannabotanist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I will have plenty of time to experiment for sure. I have a sensitive stomach so will start conservative with the spices. Oregano doesn't agree with me.

Tried to take oregano oil and stomach had indegestion/heartburn, and the oregano spice does that as well. Other spice seem to be fine. Oregano kills parasites though.

pipeline

Cannabotanist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
TN would be a good place to learn to paint.

full