What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest in October! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

Shiva Grows

shiva82

REM rebound refers to the compensatory increase of the frequency, depth, and intensity of rapid-eye-movement (REM) sleep following sleep deprivation or significant stressors

if you surppress rem through any form of drugs that cause sedation, after a long period it cause delirium , which is an awake state of dreaming . i have experience in this field

shiva82

if you use ganja daily then yeah for sure it can have the same rem rebound consequences. depends on your usage i suppose

goingrey

Yeah they call the test subjects in that study chronic/heavy users but their criteria is questionable. "At least five times a week" is their definition lol.. well at least it's "at least" but I mean, that's not a lot.

shiva82

yeah man. when i was in detox , and working around detox and the elderly and sick and disabled and such , i noted that it was the chronic users like myself experiencing it, and the elderly that have used meds for long periods.

Generally, rebound sleep Trusted SourceNational Library of Medicine, Biotech InformationThe National Center for Biotechnology Information advances science and health by providing access to biomedical and genomic information.View Sourcerefers to an increased amount of sleep a person receives as a result of being sleep deprived or stressed during waking hours. Sleep is organized into different stages Trusted SourceNational Library of Medicine, Biotech InformationThe National Center for Biotechnology Information advances science and health by providing access to biomedical and genomic information.View Source, which can be broadly categorized into rapid eye movement (REM) and non-rapid eye movement (NREM). When a person experiences rebound sleep, they can experience an increase in REM sleep, NREM sleep, or both.

Like rebound sleep in general, REM rebound sleep usually occurs in response to sleep deprivation or stress. REM rebound can also occur in response to a suppression of REM sleep in particular. A person experiencing REM rebound might sleep more than normal, or sleep a normal amount, but spend a higher proportion of that sleep in a REM stage.

shiva82

the brain has to take that rem sleep at some point , and witnessing a few old dears having a walking dream like they are on dmt for hours while they suffer other ailments , was traumatic . the brain just finally says , i'm having that real deep sleep whether you like it or not and goes into delirium.

that is the extreme stage

daily heavy weed users , who do not get deep rem, will suffer rem rebound when they quit

unless you breakthrough after 30 years like a top g lol

shiva82

lounging like a lizard. princess meech

Attachments

• IMG_9593.JPG
    IMG_9593.JPG
    3.3 MB · Views: 34

shiva82

in national detox, you have a range. from just weed smokers that have never left their bedrooms and refuse to work, to people who inject speed and heroin together , and all in between and above. same with jails. the chronic weed smokers mostly suffer from rem rebound for a week then they are perfectly fine. the ones on harder stuff , tend to be on prescribed lesser drugs , that carries on sedating them , where as the cold turkey ganja heads struggle with it . that is just my experience though

zaprjaques

da boveda kid
maybe a mix of both things, or complete lack. i remember havin vivid dreams, like superrealistic after quitting. nowadays, with my daily crumbs, i dream regular ass dreams. still, most dreams i can remember are the ones in the morning after i hit the snooze button.