What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest in October! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

Shiva Grows

pipeline

Cannabotanist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Revegetta-- Woah, thats great! Fruity is a good sign, usually something more energetic.

Thanks for the tips on curing, Shiva! Interesting way of doing it leaving the plant whole for 5 days then cutting up. I would like to vacuum the jars I think. I want to preserve what i have. They will be frozen the next coulple months. Will get down to 22F tomorow night! :smoke:

revegeta666

Not ICMag Donor
i think these outdoor north european ganjas need curing longer too. more day length, more leaf matter too . tends to need a bit longer than premium calyxes high bud to leaf ratio types
Which north European lines are those? You mean like he Erdpurt?

some ganja degrades quicker too, some terpenes are more volatile than others and so on
Yeah fruity and sweet terpenes go away and cat piss stays forever 😭🤣

pipeline

Cannabotanist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I never realized how important cure is. The Lord put it in my lap at 2 weeks in a pretty good spot! Been burping daily, and going to for another week until next Sunday. How often should they be burped though, some of them are starting to become drier on top and I thought about burping those less often than the wet ones. Yeah to do it right you need to be aware with an eye and a nose!

Thank you, I knew you would have a some good advice! :smoke:

revegeta666

Not ICMag Donor
I never realized how important cure is. The Lord put it in my lap at 2 weeks in a pretty good spot! Been burping daily, and going to for another week until next Sunday. How often should they be burped though, some of them are starting to become drier on top and I thought about burping those less often than the wet ones. Yeah to do it right you need to be aware with an eye and a nose!

Thank you, I knew you would have a some good advice! :smoke:
If it's not convenient for you to go to your stash everyday, you can burp them every 2 or 3 days now, no problem. If you feel some buds are drier than others it wouldn't hurt to turn the jar around so they mix up, or even take them out of the jar and refill them.

Curing is the most important part of growing. The least amount of effort makes the biggest impact.

pipeline

Cannabotanist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Yeah cure them before vaccuuming. So with Boveda, still have to burp as normal I guess, only regulates humidity.

Thought about doing that on some of them. I pack them to squeeze out the air creating a country-style vaccuum. They are moist and pliable, most of the trichomes would be intact if I re-jarred more loose.

I have a jar of tops that has headspace and is loose, and it is spot on, curing very well! All made it to the smoke jar for bubblehash today. Making whole wheat and hemp pan bread quickly and getting packed. :smoke:

goingrey

There was that serious trimmer dude here a year or so back. He said how the pros use Bovedas is that they first get the weed bone dry, then pack with the Bovedas. No burping. Found that interesting.

shiva82

There was that serious trimmer dude here a year or so back. He said how the pros use Bovedas is that they first get the weed bone dry, then pack with the Bovedas. No burping. Found that interesting.
that would be the best way to keep bacteria and pathogen levels way down to near nil

getting the bulk of the water out asap in a controlled steady manner is key

revegeta666

Not ICMag Donor
Yeah cure them before vaccuuming. So with Boveda, still have to burp as normal I guess, only regulates humidity.
Yeah but make sure the weed is ready to leave for curing, before sticking the packs inside the jars. They are not made for drying. Rather mantaining the correct humidity once the buds are done burping and at 55-65%

revegeta666

Not ICMag Donor
if you can understand the accents. it is funny as fuck. lots of one liners. this kid who is on today is cracking me up
May I remind you that one of my best friends is welsh and gets offended if I don't understand him :ROFLMAO:

mcdermott, otto wallin , francis ngannu , lineal champions
What can I say 🤷‍♂️ I do like freakshow fights but this is just pointless and boring. Like the Paul brothers KSI and co, who could ever care about that except their youtube fans? If they're gonna do shit fights like that, I'd much rather see the fattest man in the world vs 3 midgets, or a bull vs a crocodile, or the medieval knight fights they have in Russia. Have you seen that by the way? lmfao

edit - there you go, I'd much rather watch this shit than modern boxing match ups. So sad

Latest posts

Latest posts