What's new
  • As of today ICMag has his own Discord server. In this Discord server you can chat, talk with eachother, listen to music, share stories and pictures...and much more. Join now and let's grow together! Join ICMag Discord here! More details in this thread here: here.
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest in October! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

Scott Family Farms 2023 releases . . .

Tynehead Tom

My guess would be that Classic got them fairly early on. From what I gather , he was very connected with a lot of other breeders and seems to have a truly wide spread of genetics with Canadian roots. Along with those seeds I also got seeds from Cannacopia which would have been from around the mid 2000's as well.
Quite a few of the seeds texasjack has shared with me and others from Classics vault go back before the 2000's as well. Genus Seeds is the official flag bearer of Classics strains and has done some excellent work preserving those lines for the masses to enjoy. That work continues as I type this.

Shmavis

Being-in-the-world
Great to hear that Classic’s work continues! I know texasjack was very generous with sharing. I plan to soon try to pop some Grand Funk x (G13 x NL1) that he shared. And probably within the next year some of the Afgooey crosses. Bumping up on the short list some of those works from Classic after chucking some pollen from Classic’s Critical Romulan onto an S1 of LA Affie. Recently popped five and ended up with three girls. Very impressed with all three, but one in particular, a CCR leaner is an ass kicker. Gifted some to a neighbor who reported back that he smoked with his sister, who is a heavy daily smoker, and she tapped out after four or five hits. Unheard of he said. Working through jars of other plants that came down before them, I hadn’t really smoked on those three. So I twisted one up and got blown away. Old school is where it’s at. (Apologies for being off-topic)

I bet you find some exceptional plants in Reef’s old work. I know I did circa ’05.

Tynehead Tom

I'm smoking on some of Classics NYCD x OGK S1 that were made from his keeper cuts...... old school funk all day long. It's got a smell that is as pungent as the old Skunk but more to the tire fire side of things. Amazing smoke and I only popped one seed to find it. I have a big selection of Genus, Classic and more old reeferman stuff. So many seeds, so little time !! LOL

ojd

CONNOISSEUR GENETICS
Vendor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
$632.87 Canadian for 20 seeds. I don't know if there is shipping and tax as well but if there is ,it's near $750
Yeah not great advertising at all when first glance is $467 a pack 😆 , and most would assume for a pack.

$230 a pack if real deal is more reasonable , and most are $100 so not bad .
Reeferman quality dropped off years back , if it was the old Reeferman quality it would be defo worth checking out as he had some killer strains back in the day.

ojd

CONNOISSEUR GENETICS
Vendor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Personally I think $50 is fair for seeds but if it's exceptional like old school thai or something you could flip a bag or 2 and break even. I remember paying $300 for bag of Cambodian back in the late 70's
So yes $50 is reasonable but remember when we sell to a seedbank they take 50% of money and $25 is not acceptable.

Also you can't undercut the seedbanks that sell your seeds or they won't stock your seeds so we have to sell for same price they offer.

So $100 a pack = $50 for seedmaker and $50 for seedbank.

Seedmakers have Rent cost , electricity, tax , supply's etc and less than $50 doesn't cover unless we selling 1,000's packs like the big boys

Last edited:

Donald Mallard

el duck
Veteran
as far as i saw ,
he started selling them before he ever had time to test any ,
maybe that changed , maybe it didnt , but its not ideal selling untested seed ,

and the technique used to make them ,
heaps of girls in a paddock , males seperated ,,
one can only assume in order the pollinate the girls ,
pollen needed to be taken to them ,, if they are in a field of mixed girls ,
the potential for cross pollination would be fairly likely ...

Golden Tree

Veteran
1$ per regular seed

2.50$ per female seed

You’ll sell more than the big boys…

And you’ll make a good living off your hobby…

everyone is a breeder now a days! Seed seekers have more options today than ever before!

Pricing has never reflected quality in this biz! Neither has flashy packaging!

Why would anyone price things so high is mind blowing! You just won’t move seeds that way!

😉✌️

• Haha
Reactions: ojd

Rgd

Veteran
if it was the real real [real] deal Ag

I would pay that..l but but ..

also in order to even get close to zoning in on one pheno

... it would have to be selfed

sounds good though

Rgd

Veteran
Personally I think $50 is fair for seeds but if it's exceptional like old school thai or something you could flip a bag or 2 and break even. I remember paying $300 for bag of Cambodian back in the late 70's
yes I still remember that rocket weed in Ottawa but it was early 70’s

ojd

CONNOISSEUR GENETICS
Vendor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
1$ per regular seed

2.50$ per female seed

everyone is a breeder now a days! Seed seekers have more options today than ever before!

Why would anyone price things so high is mind blowing! You just won’t move seeds that way!

😉✌️
If selling 100,000 seeds at a time then yes $1 a Feminized seed is fine, and I offer that service and sell overseas Regulary like that, but otherwise we will leave it to guys like you to offer seeds at that price for 1 pack of seeds.

You will never sell enough individual packs of seeds at that price to make any money, never. You would have to sell all those seeds yourself otherwise a seedbank wants half your $1 😆 🤣 , so you get 50 cent a seed 😆 🤣, then tax has to be paid 😆 🤣 so they get 12.5 of that 50 cent 😆 🤣, then you need to pay rent of the property or landlord drink etc , where you made the seeds at 😆 🤣, then you need to buy supply's soil, lights , etc etc 😆 🤣
How many cents you have left then ?

Golden Tree

Veteran
If selling 100,000 seeds at a time then yes $1 a Feminized seed is fine, and I offer that service and sell overseas Regulary like that, but otherwise we will leave it to guys like you to offer seeds at that price for 1 pack of seeds.

You will never sell enough individual packs of seeds at that price to make any money, never. You would have to sell all those seeds yourself otherwise a seedbank wants half your $1 😆 🤣 , so you get 50 cent a seed 😆 🤣, then tax has to be paid 😆 🤣 so they get 12.5 of that 50 cent 😆 🤣, then you need to pay rent of the property or landlord drink etc , where you made the seeds at 😆 🤣, then you need to buy supply's soil, lights , etc etc 😆 🤣
I do fine!

And I’m happy to be that guy! Meaning I don’t have to run around forum to forum…seed bank to seed bank begging for sales 😂

We see you OJD😂

You must be rich😂❤️

ojd

CONNOISSEUR GENETICS
Vendor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I do fine!

And I’m happy I don’t have to run around forum to forum…seed bank to seed bank begging for sales 😂

We see you OJD😂

You must be rich😂❤️
From selling your seeds ? , yeah I bet you do 😆 🤣 😂

And begging for sales 😆 🤣, I don't think so , I'm 1 of the only seedbanks who supply's all seeds myself, no distributor so yes I need to stay active for sure.

Where your seed sales we can look at ? , with all your wisdom ?
Man I do very well for a 1 man band , who else does what I do , breeding, every single seed with my own 2 hands , and marketed to the world with my own 2 hands.

Connoisseur genetics is known by everyone, I've been followed by the biggest seed companies in the game , all with my own 2 hands , and no cheque book or lapdances needed to give like 99% in this game

Dime

How do vegetable seed suppliers make money?

Dime

1$ per regular seed

2.50$ per female seed

😉✌️
Regular seeds should cost more IMO