What's new
  • As of today ICMag has his own Discord server. In this Discord server you can chat, talk with eachother, listen to music, share stories and pictures...and much more. Join now and let's grow together! Join ICMag Discord here! More details in this thread here: here.
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest in October! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

Maruf kandahar section #2 Rancid Red 13 gallons of soil back yard boogie

Dosha420

20241008_092245.jpg

therevverend

Veteran
Looks great. What latitude are you at? I'm at 47 degrees N and it didn't really have time to finish. Started flowering too late and didn't like the high humidity. Not surprising because I'm in the PNW. The land of mushrooms, and not far from water. The best looking plant turned to gray mold. Even so I had enough finished flower to be tantalized.

The smell was fabulous. Extremely refined with an effervescent grape wine smell, along with pistachio and spicy elements. Some of the Kandahar black had a rancid smell but not the red. I can't imagine how great the hashish would be. Yours looks well on it's way to finishing, I'd guess mid November. Looking forward to seeing how it turns out.

Dosha420

Looks great. What latitude are you at? I'm at 47 degrees N and it didn't really have time to finish. Started flowering too late and didn't like the high humidity. Not surprising because I'm in the PNW. The land of mushrooms, and not far from water. The best looking plant turned to gray mold. Even so I had enough finished flower to be tantalized.

The smell was fabulous. Extremely refined with an effervescent grape wine smell, along with pistachio and spicy elements. Some of the Kandahar black had a rancid smell but not the red. I can't imagine how great the hashish would be. Yours looks well on it's way to finishing, I'd guess mid November. Looking forward to seeing how it turns out.

Dosha420

My latitude is 33.49N I have 3 different geno's that are extremely RKS, my panjshir had that Prestacio finish but all my Maruf kandahar section #2 has that straight dead skunk. The male's smelled like burning rubber extremely strong sulfur. I'm on the coast and gutation And root pressure is also a problem here Which leads to Gray mold and botrytis. There a few options I have explored and works for me is a home brew of camamille tea soil drench and spray. But to keep it easy procidic 2 works well.ill keep you posted. By the way did yours turn Red?

Attachments

• 20241015_134056.jpg
    20241015_134056.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 2

therevverend

Veteran
I wouldn't call it red, it was an interesting shade of purple. You're close enough to the latitude of Kandahar they should have triggered early enough to form full colas and finish. I found the mold resistance was extremely variable, probably because it's not a trait that's necessary most years.

I had an entire plant rot and die in late October. Another one mostly finished by mid November with almost no mold. Although the light intensity wasn't enough to form decent colas. I had one Black that was extremely resistant to mold, almost completely matured by mid November. Just checked my albums, looked like I saved a few pics. The top 2 are Red Maruf, the bottom 2 are the big black.

20211007_135745.jpg
20211007_135812.jpg
20211006_151751.jpg
20211009_153243.jpg

My other blacks had amazing smells, ranging from straight gasoline, to rancid fruity, to nutty spicy. This was more fragrant and spicy. The red in the pic was a near total loss to mold. I can't find any pics of the Red that mostly finished, not easy to find them from 2021. The nutty pistachio, fuel, rancid fruity, and refined grape were the most common smells. It was disappointing, I'm too far north to grow these strains properly, but I learned a lot and I'm glad I tried them. I had much better luck with the Afghan varieties from higher elevations in mountainous regions.

Latest posts

Latest posts