What's new
  • As of today ICMag has his own Discord server. In this Discord server you can chat, talk with eachother, listen to music, share stories and pictures...and much more. Join now and let's grow together! Join ICMag Discord here! More details in this thread here: here.
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest in October! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

Revival of the Ultimate Sativa Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

satva

Veteran
Super Freakin Thai Destroyer ,,...

<lol> Destroyer harvested at ~ 16 weeks - stronger, longer lasting, and more complex high harvested later, a bit calmer, still a very clear focused cerebral high - sativa enough for me. Destroyer harvested at +13 - 14 weeks, and the high will be more cool, energetic and edgy, after a week of daily use, I'd get nervous system overload, smoking early +13 week harvest, but I'm an old softy....

Destroyer harvest at 16 weeks, + 8 months of cure in glass

Destroyer resin (under the flowers after the photo) - 3 - 5 hour ticket to paradise, ,vbg> ........

PS> Reina Madre looks wicked! What's high sativa like?

Siever

Veteran
does the 8 month cure improve the product a lot? I can't wait that long. With cerebral high, I suppose you also mean racing thoughts & psychedelic energy?

Siever

Elmer Bud

Genotype Sex Worker AKA strain whore
Veteran
I've just germed two HTC Durban high flyer f2 I don't know much about the strain other than it's a sativa, has anyone heard of it?

G`day P

Old SSSC had Durban / Thai cross . High Flier .

Thanks for sharin

EB .

Weedninja

I've just germed two HTC Durban high flyer f2 I don't know much about the strain other than it's a sativa, has anyone heard of it?

Do you have the name right? I've heard of a Durban Thai Highflyer, which was a legendary strain from the SSSC. There was also a DTC99, which was a hybrid of that and c99 from Brothers Grimm.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Super Sativa Seed Club - Durban-Thai Highflyer

M8
A thai strain inbred for 4 generations. Breeding plants were selected for early maturation, yield and quality of the high. Some individuals will turn out to be hermaphrodites. The high is fantastic. To breed out the hermaphroditism we've crossed this strain with an early maturation Durban Sativa. The result is an early maturing hybrid. The intense high of this strain will make you forget about the few hermaphrodites. One of our own favourites. Harvest: the second week of October.

Last edited:

Dog Star

Veteran
Super Freakin Thai Destroyer ,,...

<lol> Destroyer harvested at ~ 16 weeks - stronger, longer lasting, and more complex high harvested later, a bit calmer, still a very clear focused cerebral high - sativa enough for me. Destroyer harvested at +13 - 14 weeks, and the high will be more cool, energetic and edgy, after a week of daily use, I'd get nervous system overload, smoking early +13 week harvest, but I'm an old softy....

Destroyer harvest at 16 weeks, + 8 months of cure in glass
[URL=https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=58831&pictureid=1400049&thumb=1]View Image[/url] .

Destroyer resin (under the flowers after the photo) - 3 - 5 hour ticket to paradise, ,vbg> ........
[URL=https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=58831&pictureid=1400048&thumb=1]View Image[/url]

PS> Reina Madre looks wicked! What's high sativa like?

He he,i say Super Freakin Thai phenotip cause this one is extreme
even for that Freakin Thai pheno that somewanne shows in beggining of thread.

I smoke her with 10 weeks and there is no sign of any racyness,
really one of pleasurable and happy highs,also strong like you feel
you drinked some good vine.
I dont drink for 10 years now but this type of high reminds me like i drink half of liter of good quality vine,and there is hapiness and
inner euphoria

Will try to left her longer to see stronger version..but is so good its hard to wait..

All the best Satva

DS

massud

Stealth Grower
Veteran
Hi people!! Some Bangi Haze photos :)!!

Nepalese pheno after 42 days of flowering:

picture.php

picture.php

And Congolese pheno after 51 days:

picture.php

And some Congolese pheno dry buds:

picture.php

picture.php

I love this thread :)!! Bye growers!!

satva

Veteran
no sign of raciness

Not racy like dancing in the streets, or too much coffee. I love Destroyer for breakfast, then a few tokes now and then keeps me high all day.
I agree with rik78 notes about harvesting in phases. Harvesting "Super Freakin Thai" at 10 weeks is too early. I love fresh sativa, but I believe Destroyer's high gets stronger and more complex with age, unlike human beings ,,lol>

Back in the day, I would have said, "Been smoking Destroyer for a week and "I'm tripped out" "Tripped out" means with too much psychedelic stimulation of your nervous system. Resulting in doing things like forgetting to sleep.

seiver, I cure Destroyer (long flowering sativas) in glass for 2- 3 months before I begin evaluating the high. Cerebral means felt in the head - a soaring sativa high, very spacious, and at times other worldly ~~~such as time standing still, ~~ or thoughts stopping. Destroyer is mentally clear, clean, and pleasurable. Not thought provoking or a dense psychedelic effect, I associate with dark Colombian sativas of yesteryear.

(Destroyer) x (1972 Highland Guerrero x Blueberry) f2

I'm pretty sure this one is a male....

Last edited:

Dog Star

Veteran
Yes i agree Satva,

beautifull sunny mornings and Destroyer in that time gived me very euphoric walks,
also those feel of happiness is rare today and hard to experience in lot of strains.

Those yours cross sounds like you haved goal to produce strain that will give happy up high,
as this "amendments" you include inside cross are pretty happy strains,

i am glad that somewanne there breeds cause of effects.

Kind regards Satva

DS

paulo73

Convicted for turning dreams into reality
Veteran
Hello satva!
I can´t really rate La Reina Madre yet because she needs proper curing.
For the time being it´s a very pleasant smoke taste wise with a decent creeping high.
Not racy, paranoid or overwhelming in any sense. Just a pleasant body&mind high that allows me to function quite well.
I know that cure will make it all different.
Thanks for the interest.

Jhonny

Medical Seeds doesn't have a great reputation in Spain, they are just one of those seed banks selling commercial seeds (probably made bulk by third parties) and S1s from widespread Spanish clones (Critical Mass, Jack Herer, etc) at higher prices than their original breeders.

2046 is supposed to be Nevil's Haze S1 and 1024 Hawaian Snow S1. Although a friend of mine grew 1024 and it was mediocre weed, not even looked or smoked like true HS. In any case I'm sure you can have better results with the original creators of those strains.:biggrin:

Vibes.

what you are saying is not true!
First of all, the original Nevill Haze is by far more expensive than those 2046...

I don't know which NH clones are going around in Spain. All I know is that the 2046's I have seen growing is for sure not a Nevil Haze S1. The fast flowering pheno (80d)has a skunky aftertaste, like the Kali Mist.
So in my opinion there is no doubt that this is a KMxNH cross like advertised by the breeder.

The 2 phenos I have seen were totally different. Both buds have an incense smell:
- The fast flowering pheno, tastes like a downgraded kali mist, and remembers me the more mordern Jack Herer versions (not the good old ones from Sensis 90s stock).

- but the long flowering pheno (150d) is simply awesome. Tastes like some good old Sensi NL5xHaze phenos i tried in the 90s-00s. Smell is just like NL5 and Haze with no fruityness and no lemony taste at all. If I had to describe the taste I would say: "simply hazy dark green funk".
And the high is so damn trippy, clean and anti-depressive with no ceiling.... :biggrin:

I don't know what reputation this breeder has and what work they put in their genetics, but if you are like many others on the quest of the famous HazeA x NL5 taste and running packs of MNS Mango and NH in order to find it, then it wouldn't be a bad idea to run a pack of 2046 along with them.

I felt in love with this stash. Tastewise it remembers me the best haze habrids I ever had, and the effects are like southasian landraces or the pure hazes I had in the 80-90s. And after a 8 month cure, is is still getting better and better.

Mustafunk

Brand new oldschool
Veteran
what you are saying is not true!
I don't know what reputation this breeder has and what work they put in their genetics, but if you are like many others on the quest of the famous HazeA x NL5 taste and running packs of MNS Mango and NH in order to find it, then it wouldn't be a bad idea to run a pack of 2046 along with them.

Man, well that's what's been said in the past by the people working at the company. The spanish scene is very small most people know each other. The work they put in the genetics of course is virtually none, like most seed sellers in Spain. Starting by receiving gifted clones and self-pollinating them, if you know what I mean.

As I said, the genetics were supposed to be all S1s from famous clones: 1024 (hawaian snow), 2046 (NH), Channel (Critical Mass), Bluehell (Blueberry) and so on.

And if you read my message again, you will find where I said that they were nothing close like those strains so who the hell know's what are they selling. Their 1024 looked just like any skunk or commercial hybrid, same dutch smell, same couchlocking high, same everything. Mediocre commercial weed, that's it, just have a look at the plenty reviews at Spanish boards.

That's also the reason why I also recommended supporting the original breeders and buying original hybrids from Mr. Nice if looking for the legit gear (Nevil's Haze). Although who knows if they still use the same parental stock. Many times it's been said that both Nevil and Shanti lost some plants, some of their seeds were made bulk in Spain as far as I know and there were lots of growers reporting hermies and lower quality than years ago, something I had the chance to see by myself.

PS: modern Mango Hazes by Mr Nice, some of them came with surprise, so better watch out! Don't even get a replacement yet by the way. :biggrin::

Siever

Veteran
Hi,

Jhonny; if you say " like a down graded Kali Mist", do you mean a Kali Mist of lower quality?
Or perhaps a Kali Mist with a shorter flowering time, in that way that it has more an indica type of high?
Mustafunk: since you state from 42°N you probably are from Spain which probably means you absolutely know what you're talking about. Although I was asking about 2046 I bought Y Griega yesterday, but I asked it because on **********.eu it's stated that 2046 has enormous psychedelic qualities, so I was hesitating between 2046 and Destroyer.
About Mr Nice: I once bought 2 packets on his auction page. Never got any seeds, although I paid and the first time he answered that there was a delay because Christmas. From then on he never answered any other mail I've send him. So no more Mr Nice seeds for me. And I really don't care if he's the "original breeder" or whatever. Shanti Baba can kiss my *ss.

kind regards,

Siever

Jhonny

Hi,

Jhonny; if you say " like a down graded Kali Mist", do you mean a Kali Mist of lower quality?

Exactly.
You can smell/taste the Kali Mist in it, but it is very light, taste and potency-wise.

But the high is ok. It's a good smoke for in the mornings. Very sativish, but relaxing with a happy feeling and anti-depressive.

satva

Veteran
Mango Haze

Mango Haze

Mango Haze C (Thailand high)

"Mango - Mango" (infamous mango phenotype ~ body and stone) too indica for me.

Mango -1 (Colombian high)

Highland Mexican (Highland Guerero x Blueberry) (Highland Guerrero domainte) male fathered all the phenotypes shown.

Mango Haze C x Highland Mexican (HMBB) prodigy, *backcrossed to DS x HMBB male shown in my previous post*.

I've been burning Frankincense incense on charcoal. Frankincense has a sweeter, citrus and cedar smell than a Musk / Sandalwood temple incense (stick) smell, Indian temple incense is perfume like. Lots of incense scents in Mango Haze. Highland Guerrero has that Temple perfume incense smell.

I've grown five sativa dominate pheno-types of Mango Haze (MH). I select for thin leaf sativa traits and cull plants with indica traits. I crossed four pheno-types to Chimera's Highland Mexican HMBB ( 1972 Highland Guerrero) dominate male. Highland Mexican is stronger, more energetic, wilder, and more psychedelic than Mango Haze.

How I labeled them:

mango ~ 13.5 week flowering, the most indica effect. Smells very sweet and strong in flower. Smell in the jar is dead on mango fruit. Thicker leaves.

Mango A ~ 15 week flowering. Smells citrus in flower. Smell in the jar is citrus/cedar/pine. The effect is spacious, with a wonderful energy flow and sense of well being with some stone. Symmetrical branching. Thin leaves.

Mango B ~ 13 weeks flowering. Smell in the jar is floral. The effect is calmer, clearer, and less psychedelic. Haven't sampled this one much, but effect has the spacious quality similar to Mango C. Symmetrical branching.

Mango C ~ +17 weeks. Smell in flowering is very sweet perfume/rose/orange blossom. Smell in the jar is pure Guava/ lemon / floral. The effect is clear, calm sophisticated, uplifting spacious, with a sense of well being. Similar to the effect of some Thailand marijuana. Almost no stone in the head or body. The high's primary effect is a sense of well being. Asymmetrical branching, haze structure with very thin leaves.

Mango Haze 1 ~ 16 weeks. Smell in the jar cedar/incense/citrus. The effect is strong, spacious, psychedelic, with a good energy flow. The energy has a wave like rolling vibration in the head - other than that - the effect is clear <vbg>. Not as clear, calm and focused as Mango C. Symmetrical branching with long thin leaves. The effect is similar to a Colombian haze. Mango Haze -1 / HMBB x HMBB f2 seeded flowers are almost done. MH-1/HMBB x HMBB inherited the worst of both parents. Grows like a wispy haze with wispy flower-tops. Growth structure is very similar to "Coastal Green Colombian" pictures via Red Rider. Leaves on flowertops grow tight to the flowers, with almost no leaf stem during late flowering.

Mango C / HMBB will someday crossed to Destroyer ( Highland Meao Thai dominate pheno-type). Guava /Lemoncello Thai domainte x Highland Thai woody/cedar/sage. Destroyer (good name) is much stronger than Mango C, but with a similar clear and concentrated effect. Not partially strong or psychedelic, but a wonderful uplifting effect. Mango C is cleaner and calmer than Destroyer, but should mate well with my favorite Destroyer (Highland Thai dominate) pheno-types.

Highland Meao Thai and Highland Guerrero dominate pheno-types, in general have an old school effect ~ raw, natural ceiling-less, strong psychedelic energy. Mango haze effect has a tamer sense of well being, well rounded sophisticated effect, and not as strong. These two should make good mates for Mango Haze. By comparison the effect of Mango Haze has a sophisticated sense of well being, with more indica effects, and with less raw energy, and a ceiling to the high.

Last edited:

Jhonny

Man, well that's what's been said in the past by the people working at the company. The spanish scene is very small most people know each other. The work they put in the genetics of course is virtually none, like most seed sellers in Spain. Starting by receiving gifted clones and self-pollinating them, if you know what I mean.

As I said, the genetics were supposed to be all S1s from famous clones: 1024 (hawaian snow), 2046 (NH), Channel (Critical Mass), Bluehell (Blueberry) and so on.

And if you read my message again, you will find where I said that they were nothing close like those strains so who the hell know's what are they selling. Their 1024 looked just like any skunk or commercial hybrid, same dutch smell, same couchlocking high, same everything. Mediocre commercial weed, that's it, just have a look at the plenty reviews at Spanish boards.

That's also the reason why I also recommended supporting the original breeders and buying original hybrids from Mr. Nice if looking for the legit gear (Nevil's Haze). Although who knows if they still use the same parental stock. Many times it's been said that both Nevil and Shanti lost some plants, some of their seeds were made bulk in Spain as far as I know and there were lots of growers reporting hermies and lower quality than years ago, something I had the chance to see by myself.

PS: modern Mango Hazes by Mr Nice, some of them came with surprise, so better watch out! Don't even get a replacement yet by the way. :biggrin::

[URL=http://s23.postimg.org/xqmml3eaf/IMG_5269.jpg]View Image[/url] [URL=http://s23.postimg.org/vbur0ny1j/IMG_5312.jpg]View Image[/url] [URL=http://s23.postimg.org/m2skqjp5j/IMG_5268.jpg]View Image[/url]

I didint want to criticise you Mustafunk. I respect your work and it's always a pleasure to watch the pics you post :huggg:

I just wanted tell to the world my experience with that 2046 strain and to say that is cannot be a NH S1. Not more.

Im also very sceptical regarding the work that most breeders pretend to do... and also prefer to recommend the original breeder, but many of em do not have the original parents anymore, like MNS with the NH, Mango, Afghan haze etc

Thats why I suggest to people looking for those strains to give a look at the 2046 if they want find that HazeA taste.

But if you dont want play lottery and you want to be sure what you get, better to wait for Karmas A5 line. (with "you" I mean those who are on the hunt for the lost HazeA male genes) :)

Elmer Bud

Veteran

[URL=http://s23.postimg.org/xqmml3eaf/IMG_5269.jpg]View Image[/url] [URL=http://s23.postimg.org/vbur0ny1j/IMG_5312.jpg]View Image[/url] [URL=http://s23.postimg.org/m2skqjp5j/IMG_5268.jpg]View Image[/url]

G`day Musta

That looks to be a classic case of grower error .
ie You believed that Mr Nice gear shouldn`t herm . he he .

If you send a PM to Shanti or post @ Mr Nice forum . There will be denials of herms . The cheer squad will rally and you will be denounced as a bad grower . And life will go on ...

Ortega , Shit , Critical Mass , Critical Haze , Shark Shock . Mango Haze are all known to herm . But ... there are also awesome plants amongst the lines . Up to you , as the Thais say .

Thanks for sharin

EB .

Elmer Bud

Veteran
G`day H

This one has the NVL`s Hz / Hz A look about it .
picture.php

I have been taking notice of Karma`s Haze A proj . Those long pistils are a sign .

Thanks for sjarin

EB .

Siever

Veteran
Glad to hear I'm not the only one who had problems with Mr Nice. It made me feel I had done something wrong.
B.T.W. thanks everybody for the Medical seeds review.

Siever

Status
Not open for further replies.