What's new
  • As of today ICMag has his own Discord server. In this Discord server you can chat, talk with eachother, listen to music, share stories and pictures...and much more. Join now and let's grow together! Join ICMag Discord here! More details in this thread here: here.
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest in October! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

Revival of the Ultimate Sativa Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Siever

Veteran
Homero,

Have you ever grown Destroyer? It's just that I want to know which one would be better to grow first: 2046 or Destroyer. I have a preference for destroyer. But 2046's strain describtion seems tempting,

Siever

homero

Señor Member
Veteran
Homero,
Have you ever grown Destroyer? It's just that I want to know which one would be better to grow first: 2046 or Destroyer. I have a preference for destroyer. But 2046's strain describtion seems tempting,

Siever

no I never made it .... but I've heard good things ... this is my third time with the 2046 ... not an easy to grow genetic ... but I love her ... for his unique aroma and its wonderful high ciao ciao

Hemphrey Bogart

Veteran
I've grown out plenty of MNS gear and I've never had an issue with herms. Mango haze, Nevil's Haze, G13 widow, SSH, Black Widow....all grown from seed and not one herm.

The only problems I've had were some mold on the SSH and low potency on the G13 widow and Black Widow...other than that, not a herm to be found. Maybe I got lucky.

HB.

CARCHOFA

Angola x Meao Thai

View Image

Paraguayan

View Image

Senegal

View Image

:wave:

Beautiful ladies mate!
I see you really like the sativas! Me too! But I can't grow as much as I would like...
Nice green garden, it has a good keeper!

I have a cross with peruanas too, is it a good genethic? It seems that you germed the senegal later to control its size? Or is it a later sativa in comparison?

Have a nice weekend folks!

Elmer Bud

Genotype Sex Worker AKA strain whore
Veteran
I've grown out plenty of MNS gear and I've never had an issue with herms. Mango haze, Nevil's Haze, G13 widow, SSH, Black Widow....all grown from seed and not one herm.

The only problems I've had were some mold on the SSH and low potency on the G13 widow and Black Widow...other than that, not a herm to be found. Maybe I got lucky.

HB.

G`day Hemphrey

When folks are growing multiple strains from different breeders and only the Mr Nice stuff herms it makes me wonder .

As I said . There are great plants in the lines . But they need to be selected .

I`ve had Crit Mass , Crit Hz , Ortega and Mango Hz all herm on me .Counting myself I know of at least 3 instances of Mango Hz herming .

I have seeds made from the solid keeper females that make killer plants .

Its the charade that the genes are solid and the cheer squad that disappoints me .

Up to you ...

Thanks for sharin

EB .

Corsaire

Veteran
2 packs of Neville's Haze from 2010 fully hermy here, and also at least 3 or 4 packs of Black Widow from the same period... same problem at friends with the same strains, it was 2 or 3 years ago... :frown:

Psyco G

I brought a pack of medman, once the sex had be determined I took cuttings and shared them between me and two friends, every plant hermied from the whole pack, three phenotypes all hermied. Every one of us had it happen. Still I wouldn't belive it so I tried again with more cuttings and same again, week 4 into flower and the nanners kept coming. I even kept a small cut in my veg room for ages and that went when I flowered it to. They were in my room with loads of other strains as I ran perpetual at the time. I had no other hermis from anything else. I contacted them and explained what had happened and was told it was grower error. I was then told it was illegal to germinate seeds where I lived so they wasn't prepared to discuss it. Needless to say I was wounded and to this day I still won't buy mr nices gear. I was always led to believe mr nice Seedbank was great. I was gutted and still am as I'd love to get on some of their stuff.

Dave Coulier

Veteran
You may as well throw me in with the lot of growers who experienced nanners from Mr. Nice Gear too. I grew Black Widow, with most of them hermieing on me. Some as early as 4 weeks into flower. Mango Haze was a disaster as nearly every female hermied on me. Shit aka Skunk also had alot of hermie problems. I will say this though, my luck with the Shit seeds I made have shown far fewer nanners. Ive become a better grower since the first time I ran those lines, and Im able to lessen the occurence of nanners popping up.

But this is Haze, and Skunk were talking about. I can't say Im surprised I found nanners. Even Sam's HazexSkunk throws nanners easily if mistreated. Ive come to expect nanners to be a possiblity when growing any haze variety, and the same with Skunk varieties. It doesn't mean I wont continue to grow haze hybrids or Shit though.

Damn that sucks about all these hermis. i wouldn't have gotten anything from mr.nice if I had read this first.

I'm a pretty bad grower and i'm halfway through a 100 pack of mango haze and haven't seen a nanner yet, maybe i'm not looking hard enough... i've been know to walk right past hidden snakes in the bush.

I've gotten an unfair amount of hermis when growing bagseed though.

-pH

Jhonny

last grow all my MNS Afghan Haze females had some nanners.
And on my Panamas, 2046's and MNS CBD Skunk Haze I didnt find one single banana.

2 packs of Neville's Haze from 2010 fully hermy here, and also at least 3 or 4 packs of Black Widow from the same period... same problem at friends with the same strains, it was 2 or 3 years ago... :frown:

Damn it man. Thats really sucks. Did you contact shanti about that issue? But anyway lost time and effort and not talking about money.

idiit

Veteran
presently doing a strain preservation run of apollo-13. this seed stock is probably an unworked f2. the phenos are really separating out; hz,sk,indica. here's 2 pics. of hz/sk and last one that looks to be mostly haze (c) pheno.

243f44766b591bc1befb3bfae7ca0eaa_1387465.jpg

f23fec668d569dac976c00645dacddb0_1401417.jpg

^ same hz/sk; veg., flowering.

80877eda2e8bccd810ff882236193ed0_1393082.jpg

getting no nanner's in any of the phenos so far.

Hemphrey Bogart

Veteran
G`day Hemphrey

When folks are growing multiple strains from different breeders and only the Mr Nice stuff herms it makes me wonder .

As I said . There are great plants in the lines . But they need to be selected .

I`ve had Crit Mass , Crit Hz , Ortega and Mango Hz all herm on me .Counting myself I know of at least 3 instances of Mango Hz herming .

I have seeds made from the solid keeper females that make killer plants .

Its the charade that the genes are solid and the cheer squad that disappoints me .

Up to you ...

Thanks for sharin

EB .

I hear ya, EB. I'm not on anyone's cheer squad, but I have to be honest when I report what I found (good or bad).

I guess I'll find out this year if the Angel's Breath (mango haze x afghan haze) throws hermies since I'll hopefully be growing out a few of them outdoors!! I'm hoping my luck will continue!

A few questions for you guys that got hermies with MNS gear:

1. When did you purchase your seed that hermied?

2. Did you grow the plants outdoors or indoors or both?

3. Did you start the plants from seed and flower them out, or did you take clones and flower those?

Thanks,

HB.

Elmer Bud

Genotype Sex Worker AKA strain whore
Veteran
I hear ya, EB. I'm not on anyone's cheer squad, but I have to be honest when I report what I found (good or bad).

I guess I'll find out this year if the Angel's Breath (mango haze x afghan haze) throws hermies since I'll hopefully be growing out a few of them outdoors!! I'm hoping my luck will continue!

3. Did you start the plants from seed and flower them out, or did you take clones and flower those?

Thanks,

HB.

G`Day Hemphrey

Purchased Dec 2010 .

Both indoors and out . Crit Mass hermed indoors [from a cut]. Crit Haze in a Green House [from seed ]. Mango Haze , Ortega indoors [from seed ].

I contacted Shanti re the Crit Haze herms , he said make cuttings and run them .They didn`t herm as cuts .
Too bad I bought the seeds to make more seeds with .

Speaking to Sam he tells me if it herms from seed its a herm . No matter if you grow from clone or not . The Clone Mother has intersexed genes . And don`t breed with it .

The Mango Haze didn`t herm as a seed plant . But did as a clone !
While other plants in the same garden didn`t .

Thanks for sharin

EB

Dave Coulier

Veteran

Thanks,

HB.

1.) Purchased between 2010-2012.

2.) Strictly indoors here. Outdoors isn't an option for me.

3.) I typically flower the seed plant rather than clone first, but I dont feel that makes a difference one way or another. Ive had plenty of plants from seed not hermie before. And plenty go herm as well. Its just the luck of the draw, imo.

Siever

Veteran
Glad to see everybody is finding out the truth anout Shanti Baba & his Mr Nice seed company.
A couple years ago the only thing you could find: Shanti is the best grower he's the original one, blablabla...
This man is bad.

Siever

GlandualFever

My experience of MNS....

Had a whole room of MNS gear last run, 75% of which was all from seed. I had Shit x Afghan Haze and Critical Haze x Afghan Haze, (10 years old apparently) Med Man (older ones from the fridge) and Skunk Haze. No nanners pollinated anything, but I noticed very few very late in flowering on 1/6 Shit crosses. It seemed that the Skunk Hazes were prone to throw balls too, but they were flowered as 6" clones and suffered light deprivation being so small and on the floor. So instability in the skunk genes perhaps. I also noted that a lot of male looking pre flower carrying plants were later identified as female, and did not hermie on me in the slightest. The haze genetics seem to be solid, as I had not one hermie, not one pollen sack whatsoever, Now the ratio of male to female on the Med Man wasnt great, neither was the end product. A pal is running a clone so we will see if his room produces a better product. Wasnt a keeper for me thats for sure.

You may as well throw me in with the lot of growers who experienced nanners from Mr. Nice Gear too. I grew Black Widow, with most of them hermieing on me. Some as early as 4 weeks into flower. Mango Haze was a disaster as nearly every female hermied on me. Shit aka Skunk also had alot of hermie problems. I will say this though, my luck with the Shit seeds I made have shown far fewer nanners. Ive become a better grower since the first time I ran those lines, and Im able to lessen the occurence of nanners popping up.

But this is Haze, and Skunk were talking about. I can't say Im surprised I found nanners. Even Sam's HazexSkunk throws nanners easily if mistreated. Ive come to expect nanners to be a possiblity when growing any haze variety, and the same with Skunk varieties. It doesn't mean I wont continue to grow haze hybrids or Shit though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Latest posts