What's new
  • As of today ICMag has his own Discord server. In this Discord server you can chat, talk with eachother, listen to music, share stories and pictures...and much more. Join now and let's grow together! Join ICMag Discord here! More details in this thread here: here.
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest in October! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

Revival of the Ultimate Sativa Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

ElRubio

Veteran
Hi ElRubio,

Would you please elaborate on the difference of the effects compared to Golden Tiger.

I would love to hear a comparison between the outdoor bud and the indoor bud with regards to effects, when you are done growing her indoors.

Beautiful plant, by the way.

ThaiBliss

HOla Thai...sorry, I almost missed your Q.

My zamaldelica (indoor, coco) is now hanging on, but i tried a couple of low budz this past weekend, with one week drying or so. So, i need more time to cure it a bit, before gettin some conclussions.

I did the Golden Tiger testing in 2009, so my memories could not serve me well at all hehe
https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=112291

But, all in all, i can say both Z and GT have that strong high wich could be disabling for mostly people. So, both lines share that intial strong couchlock, almost cosmic, and impossible to focus on anything.The main difference i noticed was regardin the mental state.

Z is more psiquedelic, I mean, although i feel the same strong couchlock, with the zamaldelica my mind is runnin wild from one thought to another, in a hilarious way. I feel it more warm than the GT, and more funny at all. IMHO, i mostly prefer the Z over the GT. Both are super strong weeds, but i notice more complex an sativa high in the Zamaldelica.

Hope it helps bro! I bet Z is more suited on your trippi style weed than the GT.

And now some pics, more in my sign thread:

Zamaldelica [Nagual cut] (indoor, 400 wat, in coco coir)
34od2cm.jpg

1690lxh.jpg

2e6f12e.jpg

11vi6a1.jpg

2lvmxxz.jpg

Corsaire

Veteran
Hi guys, I want to find a catpiss sativa (or sativa hybrid) strain to make a cross, could you help me to find?

Some years ago, I had an Original Haze catpiss pheno but I lost it since, and the flowering time was a bit long... I would find something that comes close but with a fast flowering time and possibly worked for catpiss aromas... any idea? :)

onavelzy

Veteran
Hi guys, I want to find a catpiss sativa (or sativa hybrid) strain to make a cross, could you help me to find?

Some years ago, I had an Original Haze catpiss pheno but I lost it since, and the flowering time was a bit long... I would find something that comes close but with a fast flowering time and possibly worked for catpiss aromas... any idea? :)

maybe start here: PMP Haze by Rare Dankness (SoCal Cat Piss x Nevil's Wreck). They also have a line in their current Kush hybrids called Dank Commander (Lineage: Catpiss X Rare Dankness #2 ) They had another line called Cougar Piss (Lineage: SoCal CatPiss X Afghani #1 IBL ) which they no longer have available but perhaps someone has surviving cuts. look through the Rare Dankness threads to get more info

Corsaire

Veteran
Hi onavelzy, thx for your help bro, but I've already test the Cougar Piss and I didn't found anything catpiss in that strain, except the name and the lineage... so maybe the famous SoCal catpiss clone isn't what I'm looking for... :redface:

In the 90's, it was easy to find catpiss weed in the nederland coffeeshops, but it looks like it has been missing for years... :frown:

I'll end up regretting my OH... :biggrin:

RC_Colas

Veteran
Hola Corsaire,

There are 'catpiss' pheno's in the GN Thai Stick line and they are faster than most in the line, flowering for about 13-16 weeks.

Saludos

RC_Colas
:tiphat:

onavelzy

Veteran
Hi onavelzy, thx for your help bro, but I've already test the Cougar Piss and I didn't found anything catpiss in that strain, except the name and the lineage... so maybe the famous SoCal catpiss clone isn't what I'm looking for... :redface:

In the 90's, it was easy to find catpiss weed in the nederland coffeeshops, but it looks like it has been missing for years... :frown:

I'll end up regretting my OH... :biggrin:

Remember, crosses like that are often F1's to f3's. As such, growing three or five or fifteen seeds from a cross is not going to ensure you get a phenotype that has that historical odor/taste profile. especilly when the breeding for that may not have focused at all on getting that smell/taste. The SoCal Catpiss (I've never had it btw) was fairly famous for that phenotype but that was back then. Nowadays, you'll probably have to sort a lot of gear from subsequent hybrid crossings like RD's to ensure you get a true keeper with that trait. Just like people sort through a lot of Panamas or Malawis or PCK's to get that 'one true love'. Part of the fun, neh? RC's recommendation for sorting Thai Stick phenos may be more fertile ground than these kind of decades later hybrids

Dave Coulier

Veteran

Thats an easy one. Sam's Haze x Skunk, and its a freebie offered all the time. You can find plants flowering time from 90 days + that reek of catpiss/ammonia type of smell. With a nice cure the smell fades some, but its still there and you'll notice the taste. :biggrin:

Haze also tends to take on a catpiss smell from inbreeding. The smell carries over if your crossing to something else. My ShitHaze often times smell of catpiss thanks to the moms I used.

artfog

sativa to hybrid

sativa to hybrid

This is a great forum I just discovered. I Have a couple questions for anyone; 1) Any recommendation of a good hybrid w/ dominate sativa? I have breed satori w/ several hybrids and had good results especially the w/ Acapulco gold (from Barney's). Also 2) I want to grow something that encourages creativity and has more of a citrus taste for my studio. I get a lot of visitors to my studio mostly creative types i.e. musicians, artists - painters/sculptors, etc. Most of them like NYC diesel but something different is in line.

Siever

Veteran
Hi Artfog,

1) Serious seeds Motavation is said to have a creative effect, but it's almost pure indica. Otherwise you could try Ace's Purple Haze x Malawi which I to be found creative. It's a long flowerer and low yielder, but with top notch results.
2) Kali Mist is said to be very good.
3) Do you have a lot of experience with Barneys? If I look on the net, mostly I read that their seeds are prone to hermies.

Siever

The Devil

? Plant a seed and grow your weed ?
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Kilimanjaro #1 (W.O.S)
smells of citrus, incense ... the effect sativa is very high... i really like, productive, fast.....

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

:smokeit:

BoldAsLove

Veteran
Nice Destroyer, Dog Star! Looking great.

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]These two OT1 Haze plants turned out to have the finest effects among the 11 lady group:

picture.php

Smell: After drying, she had a raunchy combination of sage and leather. Now after 3 months in the jar, she has picked up a citrus perfume scent that now blends in with a more mild sage/leather/earth smell. Reminds me a little bit of the smell from a sample of Thai I once had.

Taste: This plant was a beast to grow indoors. It was the second longest flowering plant of the group at about 20 weeks. I didn't have space to keep up-potting, and because of time constraints, I had to use some techniques I don't particularly like using such as top-dressing N guano and making N guano EWC teas. As such, the smoked product is a bit harsh. So, I've mostly been vaping her. So when vaped, taste is orange lemon herbal earth. Like a mild citrus tea. Very pleasant.

Effect: Joy is the best word to describe it. It's a deep planted feeling of inner happiness and contentment. Verrrry social, and I'm not a social person by any stretch of the imagination. I can have long conversations with people and feel comfortable doing so with this plant. It's motivational, focused, positive, giggly, and spiritually/mentally euphoric. Makes me sing whatever is in my head out loud. There's a feeling of connectedness like we discussed earlier in the thread (trip weed thread). I love sitting and watching the birds and other wildlife live their lives. Great for creativity sessions with other people. I get a rush of warmth from my chest to the top of my head, and physical touch is enhanced a bit. I would feel comfortable calling it psychoactive and spiritual, but it stops short of psychedelic/trippy for me. So joyous and motivational though. Long effect with a nice afterglow. It's also been a very stable and consistent effect too. I vaped #7 before writing this post
biggrin.gif

picture.php

Smell: It's now been cured for 4.5 months. Still reminiscent of frankincense. Lemon/lime soda, sweet musky cedar wood, and black pepper. The earthy sweet smell of rain/wet forest is gone. Now it has that well cured air about it. When ground, that odd fruity smell still comes out. It's somewhere in the area of woody mango/spicy fruit punch.

Taste: There's the full frankincense. On the inhale and when in the air, it's like Omani frankincense. The exhale flavor is woody spicy musky mango punch.

Effect: Electric trippy joy
smile.gif
The first thing I always notice with this one is the strong uplifting feeling in my chest. It's like a ball of energy grows in my chest cavity, and then it moves up my neck and into the top of my head. I get a very strong feeling of pressure in and behind my eyes. The mental/spiritual euphoria is there, but not as much as #7. You can be social with it, but hopefully the other people partook of the same plant as well, because the conversation might venture way off into left field. I had a conversation that started off discussing aliens, that then turned into global social politics, and then it turned into creating comical definitions of different Southern California "bro" types LOL. All this was in a span of 20 minutes or so. Fun stuff. Really fun.
I get a lot of mental activity with her. Thoughts enter your head and quickly change into non-linear, abstract progressions of your original thought. I get multiple moderate sensory perception changes in this plant, especially in large doses. Visually, I get mild peripheral static and colors are very slightly enhanced. There are fleeting moments where things look fake/contrived, but it's not something that sticks. There are moments of audio hallucinations too where you hear something, and it takes you a split second to realize what it is and where it's coming from. Physical touch is enhanced a little more so than #7. This plant is perfect for experimental music improvisation for me. I've played some wild sounding stuff with #5. I love this plant. It's not as clear or focused as #7, but it's more so than the purple showing plants. Both #5 and #7 seem to have some pretty strong anti-depressant, socializing effects. Long duration and an awesome afterglow. I like smoking this plant in the morning because I can still feel the afterglow well into the afternoon hours.
[/FONT]

artfog

Hi Artfog,

1) Serious seeds Motavation is said to have a creative effect, but it's almost pure indica. Otherwise you could try Ace's Purple Haze x Malawi which I to be found creative. It's a long flowerer and low yielder, but with top notch results.
2) Kali Mist is said to be very good.
3) Do you have a lot of experience with Barneys? If I look on the net, mostly I read that their seeds are prone to hermies.

Siever
I haven't heard of Motavation but I will check it out, the others are still in the process of consideration. Kali Mist grows so tall I have to think about it. What is experience w/ Purple Haze?
I did hear some negative thing which involved a bad shipments but w/ several orders from Barneys there were no problems. The last plants were Red dragon and they came out very good. The only thing I would say is Barneys tend to exaggerate the THC levels but other than that no problem. Siever thanks for your response.

Status
Not open for further replies.