What's new

Revival of the Ultimate Sativa Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Desiderata

Bodhisattva of the Earth
Veteran
It's got that same shape as the c-bo in Spain.

There was a time period when Columbian reefer, red bud, gold bud, and hash like buds were the thing, besides the small fruity Thai sticks and Alcapulco Gold or Oaxacan.

How many types of cannabis are there now? a 1000 or 10,000? It would be fun to know that answer?

Desi

oldtoker

past the light it was

u think takin it from inside and the flowering it right away with a small hardening off period such as only 4 days is ok???

its loving the sun im perrty sure its fine

raco im flowering out that triploid its at day4 ill shoot it at day 15 or something and show you what it makes,,,,

anyway if anyone gets that indica land race thread going let me know.

Here’s the Durban Poison I found, got a few immature nugs off of them for testers, will wait 3 to 4 weeks before I return to harvest.

Some of My recently harvested indoor Thai curing, I don’t think it turned out too bad for a landrace sativa grown under fluoros.

Got some DP x Skunk stretching big style.

Outdoor Thai.

Now here’s something I’m looking forward too, Durban poison x Thai seeds forming:

Cheers :wave:

Londinium

ICMag Donor
Veteran
African herbman said:
Now here’s something I’m looking forward too, Durban poison x Thai seeds forming:

Cheers :wave:
Marvellous you have your own little DurbanThaiHighFlyer equivalent happening there and that Old girl is the Raciest most heartpounding thing I've smoked to this day. A close friend a few miles from me has a couple growing indoors at the moment I believe so I'll ask him about some pics to post so U can compare them.
Lookin' Goood though....Very pretty ladies! JBo
:wave: :rasta:

:laughing: :jump:

Herbalistic

Herbal relaxation...
Veteran
Gotta love this thread :rasta:

Thanks for anyone who has shown interest among my pictures :yes:

Here´s some more...

Couple lousy pics of Malahazi cola´s after 73 days in 12/12, as you can see the "dryseason" while my accident did took it costs :fsu:

And now to my favorite little bugger :D Destroyer from Kaiki/Charlie Garcia AKA Mr Cannabiogen flowered as a rooted clone some days before harvest. Currently at day 82 and oozing resin -> cannot wait to smoke her :drum:

I didnt first got her dialed in and found her bit of tricky/picky to grow, at least in early veg daze, but flowering has been joy, because she is so easy to please, just like Charlie assured me! Thank you Charlie mi carnalito :wave:

I have harvested about 12 beans already from cross with Purple Kush & her & much more to come when she is down :biglaugh: Now, those will definitely hide some gem genetics, Purple Kush was from Motarebel, so the cross lineage would be following:
Destroyer x (Bubba Kush x OG Kush) x ( Bubba Kush x Yumbolt) = :yummy:

Last pics are from plesantly surprising strain KaliMost, they are after 25 daze after flipping..

These early signs may tell me she´s a yielder :chin: Hopefully cannaseur quality also :drum:

In fact, im very pleased to every plant because they are all pure, or almost pure sativas and are growing in overcrowded closet just under 250 W of hps, not bad me thinks :2cents:

spicecowboy

Finally some pictures...

Finally some pictures...

I finally managed to do another indoor round this season,- hopefully it won´t get too hot in there during the coming weeks.

Here is an overview on my little Sativa based grow.

3 plants in the front, from left to right:

Arjan´s Haze#3, Kali Mist, Vietchunk

spice

spicecowboy

Some more...

Some more...

1st picture: Vietchunk( 1979 Vietnamese SativaXDeep Chunk from Alfred Cannaria)

2nd picture: Arjan´s Haze#3

3rd picture: Kali Mist

Last edited:

spicecowboy

And...

And...

Here is a picture of my 2 Laos plants.

Excuse me for the bad picture quality,- a friend brought over his digicam, and we were in a hurry...

But you can see that those 2 plants have surprisingly fat leaves for a Laos Sativa.

I got the seeds as a freeby ordering from the Cannapot webshop (hemcy).

I am really surprised by the looks of those 2 phenos.

One is growing quite tall, while the other one stays rather stocky, but they both have leaves that I would not call "typically Sativa".

spice

Last edited:
Londinium said:
Marvellous you have your own little DurbanThaiHighFlyer equivalent happening there and that Old girl is the Raciest most heartpounding thing I've smoked to this day. A close friend a few miles from me has a couple growing indoors at the moment I believe so I'll ask him about some pics to post so U can compare them.
Lookin' Goood though....Very pretty ladies! JBo
:wave: :rasta:

:laughing: :jump:
Thanks Londinium, I found out about DurbanThaiHighFlyer after I thought about making the cross and I pretty stoked it's a well liked cross. Hopefully mine will turn out well. The Thai is suffering a bit with powdery mildew and other minor problems, I think it's because she's not used to SA since it's the first time growing here. Butting hopefully the strong DP dad will strengthen the offspring.
I would really like to see your mates plants, thanks man.
Here's the dads flowers for interests sake

Regards :joint:

la mano negra

Hola

Haze x Angola roja/Banghi
HanbaDSCF5199.jpg

HanbaDSCF5198.jpg

HanbaDSCF5201.jpg

HanbaDSCF5202.jpg

bye

Londinium

ICMag Donor
Veteran
African herbman said:
Thanks Londinium, I found out about DurbanThaiHighFlyer after I thought about making the cross and I pretty stoked it's a well liked cross. Hopefully mine will turn out well. The Thai is suffering a bit with powdery mildew and other minor problems, I think it's because she's not used to SA since it's the first time growing here. Butting hopefully the strong DP dad will strengthen the offspring.
I would really like to see your mates plants, thanks man.
Here's the dads flowers for interests sake

Regards :joint:
Nice Dad pic we don't see enough...lovely colours!
I suppose Thai in SA was never gonna be easy,huh? Fingers crossed for ya ,good luck with it.
Where-ish in SA are you AH if you don't mind me asking as I spent some time there in the 90's seeing mates and grabbing pip's and I loved my times there Immensely(I am a huge fan of DP(Lesotho),Pondo,Transkei Lime Greens and Cob's). Do you still get the Durban Poison there in the brown paper wraps or has it changed now?

I lost my li'l DP mum to a weird root problem(never had a single problem b4 that) and the last cuts never took either. So I am left only with my hybrid's now and will miss her dearly as she(and her clone mum,gran and G.gran)were like members of my family!
Where d'ya get your DP(locally?) as her buds look beautifully familiar. Does she have that almost 'Rush' feeling that I know well? :rasta:

Farmer John

Still alive.
Veteran
Herbalistic bro do you have cuts of that Destroyer? Could have use for one, if you still need the haze cut it's right here, cant move much anywhere now that we have more kids lol...

Herbalistic

Herbal relaxation...
Veteran
Hello brethren :wave:

Of course I can take cuts for you, got two different females and still the male in cutting form + some Destroyer x Purplekush beans and yes, they are your if you want them :wink:

Maybe we should PM finally, eh?

I took that little lady down today, like I said, it´s little over ripe because it was mum and all that, but I quess it smokes smooth :chin: Put some lower nugs into quickdry, so I can sample her as fast as possible!!!!

BIG :respect: for Charlie Garcia, anyone who breeds from wild genetics art like this should be noticed more widely! So im calling all your sativa lovers to give a try for Cannabiogen strains!!!!

Anyone who has chatted Charlie know that his very noble man with serious passion for our belowed erb!!! Unfortunately he doesnt have his own forum here at IC, so we dont see him too much discusting about his strains here!!!!

This is not an advertizing campaign for CBG, but good gear should be recognized instead of all these bastartized/recycled same old boring genetics with new names :2cents:

Londinium said:
Nice Dad pic we don't see enough...lovely colours!
I suppose Thai in SA was never gonna be easy,huh? Fingers crossed for ya ,good luck with it.
Where-ish in SA are you AH if you don't mind me asking as I spent some time there in the 90's seeing mates and grabbing pip's and I loved my times there Immensely(I am a huge fan of DP(Lesotho),Pondo,Transkei Lime Greens and Cob's). Do you still get the Durban Poison there in the brown paper wraps or has it changed now?

I lost my li'l DP mum to a weird root problem(never had a single problem b4 that) and the last cuts never took either. So I am left only with my hybrid's now and will miss her dearly as she(and her clone mum,gran and G.gran)were like members of my family!
Where d'ya get your DP(locally?) as her buds look beautifully familiar. Does she have that almost 'Rush' feeling that I know well? :rasta:

Thanks bud, I stay in Johannesburg. Yea, we still get the DP sticks/pencils but quality is usually very lacking. It's a shame about loosing your Dp mum like that.
Yep, all my Dp is from local stuff. And yea, you could definitely describe the DP I grow as a rush kind of feeling. Very energetic, racy high. Were yours from seeds picked up in SA?
Cheers

Londinium

ICMag Donor
Veteran
African herbman said:
Thanks bud, I stay in Johannesburg. Yea, we still get the DP sticks/pencils but quality is usually very lacking. It's a shame about loosing your Dp mum like that.
Yep, all my Dp is from local stuff. And yea, you could definitely describe the DP I grow as a rush kind of feeling. Very energetic, racy high. Were yours from seeds picked up in SA?
Cheers
Yeah my DP was from a grower in Lesotho and from the sticks I got in Durban and Ladysmith(I picked up 7 type's from all over and most were very similar). My best girl was from the Grower but got some crazy Males from the sticks and my Mum was an F3 of those 2 BXed to the original girl(Would have took it further than F3 now if I could,but I have learn't a lot since then).
My main problem is none of my Affiliates ever liked the Taste(I love it)or Buzz(makes them Para,they only like Girly Sat's..lol)so no back-up mum's about.
Sent a trusted friend in Transkei area 300 pips of my cross in '95 but he Dissapeared,(R.I.P. zUlULIME a Diamond in the Rough) in '99 and other growers in area weren't so welcoming to European's growing their shit, so don't know where or IF someone in SA has it still growing? as I have little contacts in that area now.
Sad to hear the sticks are crappy now,could still get good DP(if you looked hard enough)in '93 while I was there. I wish I still had my pic's from my visits but lost all my travel snap's in a Burglary(?)in 2000. Aren't Digi camera's a wonderful technology? Be Lucky....JBo :rasta:

Two Pounder by Kiwi Seeds

Two Pounder by Kiwi Seeds

Here's my experience with what I think is an awesome, well rounded, Sativa dominant plant of dankness.

Here's some pix of 2 different flowering stages, and some seedlings which I have going right now. (They're actually seeds from this plant. (both pictures)

The bottom half got pollinated while in our closet)

Here's the story of how I grew these, which explains why they look a little strange/weak.
After vegging under CFL's for about 2 months, X-mas break arrived and we had to decide if we wanted to keep them. We were already sketched out for various reasons, so after 2 weeks of being away from them and having a friend take care of them, we decided to say fuck it and just let them die. Well, after 3 weeks of them sitting in the dark with no water or nothing, we came home and they basically looked like they were just hibernating! No wilting, nothing... So we decided if we were going to grow them it'd have to be in the attic for safety reasons, until we could afford a grow tent to put in our shed. The attic was a super crappy environment with no space but we were able to use our 400watt HPS and 400watt MH and got them flowering. Then after a month and a half of them being in the attic (which for the last 2 weeks got up to 90 degrees F as each of our fans died off) we got some money and got the tent.... I think that's the main reason they didn't get large fan leaves and produce 1-2 pounds per plant.

Last edited:
TheHashAssassin said:
Considering the conditions she went through, she still looks like quite the yielder.

Seriously! She's still filling out too!! I'm starting to get extremely impatient actually...we thought they'd be done 2 weeks ago
:bashhead:

Status
Not open for further replies.