What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

question for sam the skunkman on the original haze

ojd

CONNOISSEUR GENETICS
Vendor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
What does blueberry have to do with Haze??

I wish y'all would grow your hazes and then meet up and smoke them. Maybe we would all realize we are on the same team. And there aren't a lot of us left.

For the love of Haze!!

The kids these days are growing crap in high humidity and think we are stupid. That's how ridiculous the canna scene has become. We have to band together to save these genetics and introduce these younger growers to what getting "high" means.
We should all meet up at Piffcon Haze cup next year and sample each other's best, and if anyone thinks they got something really special even better enter it @piffcon ( no excuses, if it's all that , enter and let us see also if it's all that) maybe you can't make it as it's NYC but all Haze fanatics can have a zip ready to go for next June 2025.

I plan to be there with a stand selling seeds , and with flower to smoke everyone up with , and if things go to plan plenty of Haze Hash samples to.

Lester Beans

Frequent Flyer
Veteran
Flower Power gave me a healthy dab of his Haze Rosin and it was the most epic ride. What a blast we had that day checking out his garden. The effect tunes in and amplifies every sense. Just happy af. Amazing

As the saying goes, higher than a hippy on a helicopter ride! For hours.

I hadn't heard of Piatella Hash, interesting read. Sounds like I need some lol

kro-magnon

Veteran
Flower Power gave me a healthy dab of his Haze Rosin and it was the most epic ride. What a blast we had that day checking out his garden. The effect tunes in and amplifies every sense. Just happy af. Amazing

As the saying goes, higher than a hippy on a helicopter ride! For hours.

I hadn't heard of Piatella Hash, interesting read. Sounds like I need some lol
I rarely dab so when I do it's very effective, I'm sure I'll go in orbit with some Haze rosin from Flower Power
If I had to choose I prefer the hach to the rosin, specially some piatella

flower~power

~Star~Crash~
ICMag Donor
Veteran
IMG_3491.jpeg
IMG_3486.jpeg
IMG_3487.jpeg
IMG_3488.jpeg
IMG_3490.jpeg
IMG_3485.jpeg
Pictures ! Original Haze yesterday :)

CharlesU Farley

Lol..blueberry has ....nothing whatsoever...to do with ur precious hazes...but if i want to find blueberry again...i gotta look for it...like in threads where old goats talk...if i feel like fkn posting ill fkn do it...thought cannabis was an embracing and jovial thing...you missed that day in school...that's how old school you are huh...
Ill fkn post just to trigger you for my fkn entertainment now that i own that nerve in you...forever..
The only reason I monitor this thread is for the fucking _passion_ these old fucks have for a specific varietal of cannabis. That is something I understand, _completely_. :cool:

Can't decide whether I want to use the term Hz Crazies or Crazy Hazers to describe 'em. :) Seriously, no offense you all, I'm fucking joking and I have a sick fuck sense of humor. 😂

Never smoked Hz that I'm aware of, it was just never on my radar back in the day, I was interested in Type II/Indicas for PTSD. But in digging through the Mr Nice forum for historical info on NL (hope I can mention another varietal here in this thread :eek:), I know Nevil was absolutely enthralled by it.

Even _I'm_ intrigued by what the mix of my IBL of NL (SouthEast Lights) and a real pure, certified Hz could produce. ;)

Back in to Lurk mode... look at all these fucking emoticons. 😂:ROFLMAO:😂:ROFLMAO:

silverhazefiend

"Aint no love in the heart of the city"
Veteran
That quality is better expressed by outcrossing with a high-quality 18+ week Haze, even if it’s to an indica.

This is why most of us preferred Nevil's hybrids, which were very sativa-dominant F1s with extreme vigor, yield, and stretch, over Sam's pure OH, which lacked vigor and included faster flowering, lower-quality genes that required a much larger number of seeds to achieve the desired results.

This is what I said in my post Neville’s work was practical that’s the key literally

And I agree with the indica part again it was stated in my post I disagree with the 18 week part unless u have conclusive knowledge to say why adding more flower time makes it better

I don’t think anything that flowers 18 weeks is practical for anything on this side of the world that’s more so headstash

If the original flower time is 14 weeks getting it to 12 shouldn’t be that hard the reason it’s hard bc it requires work to be done actual work not just seed increases .. u would have to literally grow and select for early flower while still maintaining effects and vigor and no one wants to do that just make more seeds which is easy

led05

Chasing The Present
MadMac claims he’s the only one with pure Golli,but both Ledo and you report having pure Golli as well.
You’re all here in this thread.

Can you clarify?

Oh Provenance Where Art Thou…

The problem with Cannabis “Provenance” is it’s always just one guy/gals story which was just another’s before them etc…, often murky at best along each step in the way, even worse when people spin up tales to sell shit down the provenance line…

When I got “Golli Haze” it was being called 1990 Golli Haze (note not 1990’s but 1990 specifically), I got seedsmen then too, THH, Maybe even a Johnny Chicago Haze too among many others (Next time I pop into that freezer I’ll try to remember to check); that was certainly not the first time I stumbled across Hazes either

IIRC MadMac had a thing with number 12 then and sent twelve things, this was 2018 BF any additional work was done to the Golli as I understood & it was communicated to me; it was right @ when I had finished Reproducing / Bulking the very old & private SMG line from Wesos.

The Truth is none of it really matters; the only way to truly know what you hold is to pop & grow it yourself to the best of your abilities, and as I know you know all too well.

5 of us outside, or even inside can grow the exact same seeds & have significantly different results, phenotype expression & all. Additionally not only do we imprint with our preferences when selecting on plants but even more so with our skills and our environment(s) both inside & out; it’s not long before very similar seed can become unrecognizable… it’s why everyone should make their own if they truly seek bliss, this only makes sense.

But I do deeply value & respect paying homage & to the best of our abilities providing accurate provenance to seeds we’ve received as far back the line we can, no doubts there…. But

Pissing back & forth about memories & nuances can get us all lost in the weeds; maybe I’ll grow some Johnny Chicago Haze this upcoming fall / winter, you know I lived there over a decade in the heart of the city, many different neighborhoods :)

Peace out my old friends, all of y’all

PS: I never was too close w Golli but hard to imagine he isn’t laughing his ass off over all this stuff; Jail has to give you a solid perspective many can’t get otherwise!

Last edited:

bigherb

Veteran
Please my Haze Familia

Let's all embrace each other as we once did

It's a incredible time for Haze , the reproductions and sharing of lines has spread in recent years more than ever before

Can we just speak our exprience thoughts and knowledge without hostility / negativity

Let's make things simple or Agree to disagree

I love facts Goli Haze being aquired in the 2000s but being from 90's stock . If this is accurate great I love specifics but not necessary to Fight and continously argue

We have the best Haze preservationist posting here at ICMAG that I know of in our canna History

I'd love and appreciate. Even more details

Just as Johnny Chicago has just posted /reported flavors associated with longer and shorter flowering phenos

That is very valuable information in my eyes / Book

Flower size/ density /leaf shapes / plant structures / taste / aromas .
Please continue , never enough details

Madmac /Johnny Chicago /Elanius

It be great to see more or any reports that you can share / identify the posted Haze plant pictures by source this way it's there for all to see clearly .

The difference between Seedsman phenos/ Goli/ Tom Hill. Example the Madmac reproductions pictures to identify which pheno leans towards which parent . What side of Haze ( what a Thai vs Colombian expression looks like )

Johnny Chicago

Great to see you posting here again

NY saying it is what it is , please light up that church and spread your wisdom

I've not been asked to grow anything by anyone

There is no breeder who ever sent me Original Haze seeds . I've never been gifted Original Haze seed stock or clone from a breeder or preservationist . Ojd is the exception he kindly gifted his Haze hybrids of his ⛪️ offerings

Much Respect 🙏

I'm interested to know are you releasing any of your Haze work Johnny ?

Recent reports lead me to believe soo . Spread the word please. Because I'm extremely interested

Madmac

Be interesting to hear more of Sams opinion on your recent work and the Difference between the Haze lines such as Goli / Seedsman/ TFD / Tom hill - posi

My efforts to get answers in the past seems he didn't have recollection of particulars of given Haze stock / source

Be interesting if the taste / samples you provide will be nostalgic enough to speak his recollection.

Sams mentioned long ago that he knows what he gave to whom but what they are selling currently is not known to him , I accepted that long ago , not soo much now

Well at this moment in time I'd think more accurate information could be put forth, considering the plentiful reports pictures and the cherry on top . Smoke samples of each line and source from yourself . I would believe the smoke will tick that Membrane memory button and Recall details such as

Difference of expression and lineages and possible year of his reproductions

Let's put to rest the 4 way hybrid theory . Sams should be able to smoke and recognize Original Haze from the Haze hybrids Thai/ S.indian Etc . Long ago he said the Haze seed stock spread amongst the Dutch companies was mostly All Colombian. There was only a small stock of Haze x Thai and lesser stock of S.Indian

Curious what his thoughts are on the Original Haze lines mentioned above . Does he currently have a preference of the Original Haze you / the community is growing ?

Is his love of Thai attracted to Tom Hill - / posi Haze . Is the Goli line a stand out or Seedsman something closer to his Early Haze experience/ Work

Apologies for a long post , Soo Much emotions soo many thoughts . Too many questions

Respect to All the ICMAG Haze family Respect to All mentioned above who preservation efforts should be celebrated. Many thanks to you All

1luvbigherb

bigherb

Veteran
We should all meet up at Piffcon Haze cup next year and sample each other's best, and if anyone thinks they got something really special even better enter it @piffcon ( no excuses, if it's all that , enter and let us see also if it's all that) maybe you can't make it as it's NYC but all Haze fanatics can have a zip ready to go for next June 2025.

I plan to be there with a stand selling seeds , and with flower to smoke everyone up with , and if things go to plan plenty of Haze Hash samples to.
💯
Let's all Unite and share our selections and opinions. As suggested if travel is not a option enter your selections in contest via mail

Piffcon is the biggest Haze event worldwide I know of

I've mentioned this to quite a few in this thread about joining the celebration of Haze in NYC

I've spoke with Todd Mccormick direct after a recent visit he had from Sams

I told him to come to the recent Piffcon and show the community what True Original Haze is

Great post

Much Respect 🙏

1luvbigherb

LostTribe

Premium user
💯
Let's all Unite and share our selections and opinions. As suggested if travel is not a option enter your selections in contest via mail

Piffcon is the biggest Haze event worldwide I know of

I've mentioned this to quite a few in this thread about joining the celebration of Haze in NYC

I've spoke with Todd Mccormick direct after a recent visit he had from Sams

I told him to come to the recent Piffcon and show the community what True Original Haze is

Great post

Much Respect 🙏

1luvbigherb
When is the next Piffcon? Maybe if it was set out far enough for a decent lot to run off.

Latest posts

Latest posts