What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

question for sam the skunkman on the original haze

Thule

Dr. Narrowleaf
Veteran
I think that sounds about right, then when Sam got it, he added one other component then I am pretty sure, Kerala maybe?

He did cross his haze with kerala but sold the hybrid separately as Indian haze.

I crossed both lines a couple of years back but I'm yet to grow any. Maybe I should. :2cents:

mexcurandero420

See the world through a puff of smoke
Veteran
You live you learn

I first smoked in 98 , what would I know about a good Mexican.

As many still believe today , when I wrote that I thought the Haze that Sams spread was a four way hybrid . Sams recent post and my acquired knowledge say different

My comparison to Thai /mex / Colombian phenos was based on the info of shared experiences on the net and the numerous variety of flavors I’ve experienced in different NYC Hazes

1luvbigherb

Okay thnx for the reply.We both love the incense aroma of the Haze.This trait is not coming from the Kerala or the Thai, although a good cured highland Thai can have a minty woody aroma, but that is still no incense.The incense trait is from the Colombian punto rojo.
Still around as cutting are the C5Hz & A5Hz and the last one seems to have this trait too, only phylos shows no correlation with the NYC Piff Hz.

mexcurandero420

Veteran

Attachments

• 20190131_115355.jpg
    20190131_115355.jpg
    25.7 KB · Views: 28
G

Indeed,I've observed this too.That's why I said "kinda" :biggrin: .
I don't know,I never understood exactly what level of connection is demonstrated by the presence of a specimen in the outer or inner ring...At least I would guess they have a close common ancestor.

GoatCheese

Veteran
Not when you take the Piff NYC Hz as subject from Phylos.
Hi.
The "genetic relatives table"-thing on Phylos hasn't been working right since they started updating the platform quite awhile ago; meaning all the strains related to some particular sample does not ALLWAYS show all the relatives if any.
..so you might also wanna check the Galaxy to see what samples are grouped close to the sample you looking at.

Here's one example:
After the update a X-18 sample didn't show any relatives any more thou earlier it did
https://phylos.bio/sims/sample/genotype/eg5r66v8

Before:

picture.php

After:

picture.php

mexcurandero420

Veteran
Seems to be the fast midgrade pheno not even slightly near anything haze.

Seems not to be a daytime variety for some.Its higher in THC than what's on the menu of an average coffeeshop in A'dam.

Attachments

• 20190307_140847.jpg
    20190307_140847.jpg
    63.6 KB · Views: 29

Sam_Skunkman

"RESIN BREEDER"
Veteran
Have you ever seen a Haze cross or hybrid that was better than the Original Haze back in the early 70's? I have not, they can and do yield more, as well as mature faster, than the Original Haze, but I like Original Haze for the high and taste, I know it will take longer to grow, big deal....
The Original Haze was created in Santa Cruz,,,,, But even there you needed a greenhouse to finish it correctly.
-SamS

Last edited:

Dr. Purpur

Custom Haze crosses
Veteran
To tell you the truth, I was growing Columbian red in the 70s. I didn't have any Haze seeds. The Original Haze we got didnt have any seeds. Someone probably removed them.......:D
The winters are a bit different here now. Im in the big valley. We can finish a bit later now.

Yep, spent many summers in the 70s in Rio Del Mar. Clubhouse drive. The winters are probably later there now too. Probably still need a green house for a good finish though.

Cheers Sam.

Dr.Young

K+ vibes
Veteran
Have you ever seen a Haze cross or hybrid that was better than the Original Haze back in the early 70's? I have not, they can and do yield more, as well as mature faster, than the Original Haze, but I like Original Haze for the high and taste, I know it will take longer to grow, big deal....
The Original Haze was created in Santa Cruz,,,,, But even there you needed a greenhouse to finish it correctly.
-SamS

Is 16 week blueish mint green your favorite/ideal haze? Anything longer being diminished returns, and anything shorter diminished quality basically?
I wanna try some fullblown haze
Best I have is some nigerian mangohz right now.. Love the soft frame with velvet coat of trichs. Very spicey, fine pine, musky poisonous goodness addictive smell
picture.php

Elmer Bud

Genotype Sex Worker AKA strain whore
Veteran
G `day Sam

I think the more pertinent question is what did you sell to Nevil .
That`s the stuff that has kept Haze in vogue .

If not for the hybrids NL#5 x Hz C Haze then Jack Herer , SSH .
Haze would probably have gone the same way as RKS .

Those 2 males that he called Haze A and Haze C ,they produce distinctly different off spring .

Thanks for sharin

EB .

mexcurandero420

Veteran
As i now understand OHz is a hybrid of Colombian punto rojo x Kerala x Thai and these varieties have a flowering period of 18-20 weeks, so i can understand there is a greenhouse needed to finish OHz off? Seedsman was the only seedbank who sold seeds of OHz, but not anymore.Tom Hill's Haze is the only one left.Have some hybrids with it.Smoked btw OHz x Skunk#1, but my favourite is still the one i smoked in the early 90s with the strong Nag Champa aroma, which was sold as Purple Haze.

Nowadays hybrids are more crossed with C5Hz or A5Hz from Neville than with OHz.The A5Hz has that Nag Champa / Incense aroma too.

MadMac

far beyond driven...
O-Haze today... and Tom Hill Haze

O-Haze today... and Tom Hill Haze

hello,
well just wanted to note that o-haze is not o-haze from TFD anymore...
bought some packs in 2015 and 2018... in Amsterdam @ TFD headquarter store... told them also in 2018 that the o-haze they sold me was a hybrid... got a extra pack but the same story...
sooo in the meantime i got some Tom Hill Haze beans... and voila ...
... now i have here 25 THH... 13 males and 12 girls... found 4 different phenotypes in them... blue, dark green, lime green, mint green... also the plants smelling different by type... i've found also 2 runt's... smaller plants and thicker stem & leaf's but old leather hazy smell... one girl & one boy... if smoke test is fine will make beans then...
well this haze is easy to maintain and lot of vigour... very easy to clone... overall love this plant and hope to find some stellar haze girls after smoke test them all to go with...
same with the boy's... i love them too...

here a few images from the lady's
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

M.

MadMac

far beyond driven...
Tom Hill Haze boy's

Tom Hill Haze boy's

and here some boy's...

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

@Sam
is it possible to find a good haze male only by look and smell?
there a some with resin on stem... that's the once i'm looking for so far... maybe there is more to look for... because now i have so many to choose from...

thx
M.

MAHA KALA

atomizing haze essence
Veteran
I have totally opposite experience than EB. NL5haze is diluted and fake haze imo.. pertinent question would be how many OH females did EB grow? :D I will try to grow vintage neville´s haze this year next to tom hill haze and I let you know dudes, what is better, as far as cerebral and no ceiling qualities regarding. and from my experience is every 6th female of thh outstanding.. so 12 girls dont seem too many.. but anyway, good luck Mac.

Latest posts

Latest posts