What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

question for sam the skunkman on the original haze

JohnnyChicago

Phylos seems to be working a lot better these days...
https://phylos.bio/sims/sample/genotype/4opej0ge

I still wonder why Sam hasn't posted the O Haze dna results...Don't tell me they haven't been analyzed.

Is phylos the only one that is making tests worldwide?

I'm 100% sure tests are being done for Original Hazes somewhere in the world. But I don't think they need be made public yet.
I could send OH samples to Phylos too, but that's to expensive and no one will know, if I sent real OH or not.

mexcurandero420

See the world through a puff of smoke
Veteran
There is only one Original Haze it was pure Punto Rojo . There was never Mexican added . R.L was the originators partner he used the Thai and S.indian

It’s all here

Post #1208

Post #1443

1luvbigherb

Goeie môre Bigherb,

Always thought that OHz when it was Col.punto rojo was crossed with a Mex variety after Col.punto rojo became weak and useless, but that isn't the case.
How come the info into this world that OHz is a fourway hybrid of Colombian, Mexican, Thai and South-Indian then?
Any thoughts about that?

bigherb

Veteran
Goeie môre Bigherb,

Always thought that OHz when it was Col.punto rojo was crossed with a Mex variety after Col.punto rojo became weak and useless, but that isn't the case.
How come the info into this world that OHz is a fourway hybrid of Colombian, Mexican, Thai and South-Indian then?
Any thoughts about that?

This is something I can’t answer, Sams and RCC can speak in this

The story wasn’t always it was Punto Rojo until 2010-2011 . When I first asked Sams what Colombians were used he said wacky weed Colombian gold here in this thread . Over the years stories have changed . What’s most important Now is we spread the truth which is why I wrote the true origins of Haze article

It’s still frustrating/ amusing too see the mistruth spread on the net mags etc when Sams has verified my article

Much love to all my Haze lovers

1luvbigherb

Hashmasta-Kut

honey oil addict
Veteran
Goeie môre Bigherb,

Any thoughts about that?

1luvbigherb

Pretty sure I recall Sam took their haze and added the other three things mentioned to try and work it or something, but he said the original, before he did that, was the best.

Thule

Dr. Narrowleaf
Veteran
Goeie môre Bigherb,

Any thoughts about that?

Probably just a story that got repeated over and over by some seedbanks like Nirvana. Apart from the mexican (we're told) there's some truth to it.

Elmer Bud

Genotype Sex Worker AKA strain whore
Veteran
Pretty sure I recall Sam took their haze and added the other three things mentioned to try and work it or something, but he said the original, before he did that, was the best.

G `day HMK

Saw recently one Haze Bro kept growing Haze and did the Sth Indian and Thai crosses in the last years he grew .

Sam got his seed after that .

The bag of seeds with 1969 designation Nevil talks about should be Orig Haze . If the 1969 tag is genuine .

But he reckons there were hybrids and different phenos in the 1969 bag ??

The hybrids are the ones that made Haze famous in the EU and USA . NL Hz , G13 hz , SSH , Jack Herer .

Interesting Sam says everything was $1 a seed .

Thanks for sharin

EB .

bigherb

Veteran
Quote:
The very first original Haze was a late 60's three way cross of Colombian Punto Rojo, a green one, and a light magenta one, all different, all from Columbia, several years later I gave Thai and S Indian seeds that were also crossed to Haze, I had seeds of all of them, Original Haze, and Original Haze X Thai from off the stick gold Thai about 76 in Santa Cruz , called Laos at the time.
I spread the seeds around Cali etc and I brought the seeds with me to the Netherlands and used them to select clone parents for my unimproved Haze lines I preserved, I did not do much work to improve Haze I was trying to preserve it. The Thai and S Indiana Kerala X O Haze crosses were made by my neighbor, R.L. the junior O Haze grower that made the O Haze poster, as I did not grow much Haze until the next year. So anyway it is now pretty hard to tell but what most have was pure Colombian, green, purple, lime green, silver, magenta, blueish, I saw all this before Haze had anything besides Colombian in it. A little bit has Thai, and even less has S Indian. I will be testing the DNA of my Haze lines and clones, then we will maybe have answers about what they is and isn't, and maybe where all the best Cannabis in Colombia, Jamaica, Mexico came from? India, Africa? Asia? Time will tell.
I have found that my line is fairly inbred as it was not out-crossed except for the Thai and S Indian one year, and that was just a few plants. Most are just pure Original Haze Colombian, with no WLD Wide Leaf Drug (was called Indica) genes, zero. Because it is inbred if you do if you do outcross it the qualities are improved like vigor and potency. I have done this and seen where 16% THC Mom Skunk 1, X a 10% THC O Haze gives progeny in the 20's for THC%, try it, you will see what I mean.
P.S. I found Purple Haze to be the strongest, but the silver-blue and lime-green ones where the high I preferred, purple Haze was more physical also.
Up, clear, electric, speedy, cerebral, mental, energetic, euphoric, psychedelic, no ceiling, every hit gets you higher every time, the kind of Cannabis that gets people turning white, passing out or falling over when they stand, and getting paranoid. Some of you may prefer the same, I can tell. I have never gotten too high, I have gotten to high to walk, that's what chaise lounge sofas, Lazy-Boys and the floor were invented for. I could still smoke.....
If Yo Sammy sends me a dry leaf of his old NH cuttings that is being kept in South Holland I could test it also and maybe
the NL genes in it? PM me.

-SamS

Guys I don’t understand what the confusion is about

There are contradicting post , but if you look at the latest from Sams such as the one above it becomes clear. Also if you have read my article it sheds light from the post of past

1luvbigherb

Dr.Young

K+ vibes
Veteran
The "holy grail" I smoked 15 years or so ago was a really minty lime green with almost a blue\silver tint to it.. I gotta save up, and try to get a few ot haze or green haze regs. aka columbian

bigherb

Veteran
I gave seeds to both the Original Haze growers in 1972 and also later, One used Thai and S Indian with his Haze in the very early 70's. The other grew the Thai but decided it was not as good as Haze and did not use it. The very first Original Haze was a crop of both green, lime green, purple, and other colors, all from Columbian, after that I am not sure and anyone that says they are, is just fooling themselves. One of the Haze growers RL told me a different story then the Original Haze guy that did it first up in the SC mountains and then in the next few years moved down to right by my house, less then a block away, the other Haze grower RL, who put out the OH poster lived a block the other side of my house. I had a friend "J" that used to help the SC mountain Haze grower, he was also a good friend of RCC, he told me all about the early Original Haze I never saw, as I got back to SC in early 1972. They both told me different stories, I did not care so much it was the Cannabis I was interested in.
Sacred Seeds never tried to stablize or improve the Original Haze, our only goal was to save as many of the Original Haze genes as I could so I used as many Original Haze females and males as I could. I think I could create an all Original Haze improved line but I would need to grow thousands and thousands of plants to find a few keeper females, the males would require to be transformed into females to be screened as keepers, and/or by progeney trials that would be best. I would have done it already except that Original Haze is a lousey Dry Sift Hash maker and I hate to use so much space to do the work right. If I don't someone will....
I really do not like Original Haze hybrids that use an WLD Indica to make powerful Hazes, they are strong but often lack the pure Sativa high the I prefer. It is easy though.
If done right with just haze taste and effects, and I can't tell it is a hybrid and it is strong as the Haze was, I would like it I bet. Even the Purple Haze from back in the 70's was not really my choice, they did seem a bit stronger then the greens, limes, and blues, but they also had a more narcotic effect to me. They were the prettiest not the best, to me.
-SamS

G `day HMK

Saw recently one Haze Bro kept growing Haze and did the Sth Indian and Thai crosses in the last years he grew .

Sam got his seed after that .

The bag of seeds with 1969 designation Nevil talks about should be Orig Haze . If the 1969 tag is genuine .

But he reckons there were hybrids and different phenos in the 1969 bag ??

The hybrids are the ones that made Haze famous in the EU and USA . NL Hz , G13 hz , SSH , Jack Herer .

Interesting Sam says everything was $1 a seed .

Thanks for sharin

EB .

The post above is from some years back

The Thai n South Indian in the last years your confusing with another old post from Sams . G and R.L had a fallout in 76

I believe this date 76 date has Significances of Sams obtaining his Haze stock . This is only my opinion based on the fact Sams never mentioned G until I did , he always referenced (J n R as the Haze Bros) J who according to Sams was around before R.L who later became G the originators partner . Aswell as the post of Sams saying his genetics from 1976! below

Bottom line is if you want an almost Haze line that is stong and popular get Nevilles Haze, SSH, Kali Mist, Sage, or a dozen other Haze Hybrids that mostly used my Original Haze as a parent, directly or through a Haze Hybrid based on my Haze genetics available from 1976 from me.

1luvbigherb

Elmer Bud

Genotype Sex Worker AKA strain whore
Veteran
Dope%2BRider_History%2BLesson_small.jpg

mexcurandero420

See the world through a puff of smoke
Veteran

The story wasn’t always it was Punto Rojo until 2010-2011 . When I first asked Sams what Colombians were used he said wacky weed Colombian gold here in this thread . Over the years stories have changed . What’s most important Now is we spread the truth which is why I wrote the true origins of Haze article

It’s still frustrating/ amusing too see the mistruth spread on the net mags etc when Sams has verified my article

1luvbigherb

Goeie môre Bigherb

This was written by you in 2011.Okay 8 years back but its from your own experience.

his lead my quest in search to find the source of Frankies, Washington heights known to the New Yorkers as the home of the haze. I have taken many trips on the A train and C train to the heights hot spots. I’ve sampled countless varieties of haze that range from good to amazing, Express Thai, Mexican and Colombian traits.

bigherb

Veteran
Goeie môre Bigherb

This was written by you in 2011.Okay 8 years back but its from your own experience.

You live you learn

I first smoked in 98 , what would I know about a good Mexican.

As many still believe today , when I wrote that I thought the Haze that Sams spread was a four way hybrid . Sams recent post and my acquired knowledge say different

My comparison to Thai /mex / Colombian phenos was based on the info of shared experiences on the net and the numerous variety of flavors I’ve experienced in different NYC Hazes

1luvbigherb

led05

Chasing The Present
You live you learn

I first smoked in 98 , what would I know about a good Mexican.

As many still believe today , when I wrote that I thought the Haze that Sams spread was a four way hybrid . Sams recent post and my acquired knowledge say different

My comparison to Thai /mex / Colombian phenos was based on the info of shared experiences on the net and the numerous variety of flavors I’ve experienced in different NYC Hazes

1luvbigherb

the only Q I have is have you found the Church / Frankies yet? Everyone seems to have it, hopefully you do too now.....

Oh, and don't believe everything you hear.... what's that saying, half of what you see and nothing of what you hear, yup, that's it ;)