What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

question for sam the skunkman on the original haze

MAHA KALA

atomizing haze essence
Veteran
Hahaha yesum.... Never heard that analogy before but I agree.. I'm definitely a sativa dude all the way.. There are definitely some fun indicas out there, but most stuff out there people are giving all the props to is depressing.

from time to time, Im smoking some glue x sour diesel here. and the effect is like two shots of 80% real deal absinthe(in USA still illegal?)

MAHA KALA

atomizing haze essence
Veteran
>
Watching idiots on youtube I feel that commercial growers are trying to stomp out the knowledge these varities even exist. Two different people on cannabis research project when asked about pure sativas answered they dont exist.

you are right bigtacofarmer, thumbs up. its always like that, to hide knowledge for profit. its not only at cannabis scene. religion, science, politics :D

mr.brunch

Veteran
As for weed taking you by surprise... I’ll never forget the Hawaiian snow I bought from the greenhouse coffee shop years ago.... no bag appeal whatsoever, looked scraggly and weedy.
It took my head off, almost trippy.... and it sent a mate back to the hotel for a lie down

LowFalutin

Stems Analyst
Veteran
compact, fast-finishing (14-16wks, from clone)
purple oldtimers haze pheno, in re-veg...
picture.php

vaping some of her now-
classic purple OT haze berrywood and "soft cinnamon" tastes.
no "church".
EDIT
actually there's a little church/frank aroma in the room after vaping a bit.
it just wasn't coming thru too much in the taste.
i can imagine burning this weed would enhance its incensiness...
PS this is the most energetic pheno of any OT haze i've tried, grn or prp.
END EDIT
effect feels more euphoric green-hazy than
introspective purple. a bit of jiggity-jiggity jitter
with her effect, but the euphoria makes it fun (as hell).
she's a great cut to keep around.

EDIT: jan. 29.
her re-vegetable,
further along...

Elmer Bud

Genotype Sex Worker AKA strain whore
Veteran
Yeah don't you know, weed sucked ass until dispensaries opened. Its all just nostalgia and tolerance got these old timers reminiscing about their youth, and the only reason anyone remembers Thai stick is because it was 50% opium. Today's users need 90% distillate so no one was getting high off 3% Columbian. Thats the modern-day propaganda.

Even though I smoked some scraggly brown leafy mess from an old timer fairly recently that put the darkest most caked up snot-blowing resinous stuff there is to shame, effect wise. And it came with free seeds to boot.

BS !

Opium needs to smolder to be affective . The hundreds of years opium addiction has been documented . You ever seen opiate addicts smokin reefers of opium ? No , I didn`t think so .
Burning it in joints or bongs doesn`t work .

LowFalutin

Stems Analyst
Veteran
vaping the last nug of green oldtimers haze...
picture.php

very energetic and clean.
sweet green flowers with light incense taste thru the vape.

both the green haze and the purple... here, further along in re-veg...
picture.php

...were flowered under natural light, for the first time.

i don't know if it's my imagination, but the strength of these
flowerings seem far stronger than the previously HPS-flowered
versions of these same cuts. these sun-grown versions are
sativa-hybrid strong, but obviously much cleaner in their high
than a hybrid.

the compact purple is done in around 14wks, from clone.
her high has practically zero-introspection, and is very similar to
the green haze's high- with a little more smile-enducing euphoria
(and a touch of giddy jitter) in the purple, and a little more
straight-up caffeinic energy in the green.
i wonder if the purple's a very mexican-leaning OT haze...

going to put some colloidal silver to the purple haze to create pollen
to put on the green haze- hopefully creating some faster-finishing,
more compact, and less introspective-leaning feminized OT haze off-spring. (oldlady's haze)

JohnnyChicago

A question for Sam or other people who worked with Original Haze.

Why am I finding so many female plants in all the (Seedsman) Original Haze crosses I made? I'm finding only ca. 15% males and have tested plenty of seeds.

I read somewhere in this thread that Original Haze seeds do produce more females than males. But the only place I have found more than 20% males has been in the Original Haze seeds I made, where I had almost 50/50%.

bestothebest

If you are getting only 15% males, it is probably just your luck. It is a 50 50 chance for each seed, but sometimes you will just get a lot of females.

JohnnyChicago

I don't know exactly how many I tried. Flowered till the end at least 50, sexed at least 70 and popped for sure more than 100. May be I'm discarding the males while doing my early selections when they're still in veg...

willydread

Dread & Alive
Veteran
Hello everyone, we understood that original haze was mainly punto rojo, but someone wants and knowledges to talk about the mex, indian and thai part of the ohaze?

bigherb

Veteran
Hello everyone, we understood that original haze was mainly punto rojo, but someone wants and knowledges to talk about the mex, indian and thai part of the ohaze?

There is only one Original Haze it was pure Punto Rojo . There was never Mexican added . R.L was the originators partner he used the Thai and S.indian

It’s all here

Post #1208

Post #1443

1luvbigherb

Dropped Cat

Six Gummi Bears and Some Scotch
Veteran
There is only one Original Haze it was pure Punto Rojo . There was never Mexican added . R.L was the originators partner he used the Thai and S.indian

It’s all here

Post #1208

Post #1443

1luvbigherb

Here's the post I found most informative:

https://www.icmag.com/ic/showpost.php?p=7038911&postcount=1443

That's Post #1443

A sample quote:

"I have done this and seen where 16% THC Mom Skunk 1, x a 10% THC O Haze gives progeny in the 20's for THC%, try it, you will see what I mean."

Good to know.

willydread

Dread & Alive
Veteran
I continue to have my idea about original haze, but at the moment I decided to keep it for myself, because:
1, at the time I was not born yet, so I'm not sure I know the true facts,
2, my way of thinking can be against the current, and I do not want to seem as troll or jitter...
in this regard, @bigherb, I have been following your threads for a long time, I really appreciate your work ..
Phylos seems to be working a lot better these days...
https://phylos.bio/sims/sample/genotype/4opej0ge

I still wonder why Sam hasn't posted the O Haze dna results...Don't tell me they haven't been analyzed.

I believe that in the future, better and more advanced genetic tests will reveal surprising things about many strains ....