What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

question for sam the skunkman on the original haze

Elmer Bud

Genotype Sex Worker AKA strain whore
Veteran
Good thai stick fetched $400 an oz back in the 70's, not that far fetched in my books...

Peace
BM

G `day BM 10

70s weed was under a $100 an oz in Australia.

I watched it climb from $100 to $400 in the 90s .
Now back down to $300 .

Thanks for sharin

EB .

Elmer Bud

Genotype Sex Worker AKA strain whore
Veteran
looking at it thru the growers eyes.... if can get 5, maybe 6 harvests per year of a 60/70day weed and charge 2000lb , and a tad over 2 harvests for a 150day strain, you would need 5k per lb to come out more/less even...

and i wonder if the 1/8 i bought 2 weeks ago at a calif disp of 'sativa' for 40bucks was really sativa as i also bought an 1/8 of indica for the same price... me thinks not -

G `day Z

There are educated smokers in the EU who pay top dollar for Haze .
Its been a solid market for 20 + years . Maybe you don`t move in the right circles ?

Thanks for sharin

EB .

Donald Mallard

el duck
Veteran
Good thai stick fetched $400 an oz back in the 70's, not that far fetched in my books...

Peace
BM
someone was making some serious coin there id say ,

they were like 8 bux a stick when i started smoking ,
they were not gram sticks either .....

the price did rise rapidly to 10 then 13 and 15 dollars ,
times were a changing i guess .....

MadMac

far beyond driven...
Cryptic Labs for haze lovers

Cryptic Labs for haze lovers

Cryptic labs has some original haze x Oaxacan gold seeds on Great Lakes genetics. Look at Madmacs posts in either RUST 2 or Search for trip weed, can’t remember which, the ohaze crosses there are from cryptic. I figure some of y’all would be interested in them

confirm that!
the Haze#19 x O-Haze is also from them... :)
and I've grow other crosses from Cryptic as well...
all are amazing great and totally underrated...
Reunion Haze is one of them...
highly recommend to haze lovers ... like Oaxacan x O-Haze
jar's are near empty so will grow them soon again.. :)
there are true rar gem's @Cryptic Labs also for landrace lovers...
best
M.:tiphat:

sdd420

Veteran
confirm that!
the Haze#19 x O-Haze is also from them... :)
and I've grow other crosses from Cryptic as well...
all are amazing great and totally underrated...
Reunion Haze is one of them...
highly recommend to haze lovers ... like Oaxacan x O-Haze
jar's are near empty so will grow them soon again.. :)
there are true rar gem's @Cryptic Labs also for landrace lovers...
best
M.:tiphat:

Ok so which is your favorite of them

zachrockbadenof

Veteran
G `day Z

There are educated smokers in the EU who pay top dollar for Haze .
Its been a solid market for 20 + years . Maybe you don`t move in the right circles ?

Thanks for sharin

EB .

maybe i don't... actually i'm sure i don't ... move in them circles

so if an oz of regular , reasonably good weed is fetching 300bucks in the EU, you are saying that 'educated smokers' r paying 3 or 4x that for good haze....

Limeygreen

Veteran
Thanks for the tip

Cryptic labs has some original haze x Oaxacan gold seeds on Great Lakes genetics. Look at Madmacs posts in either RUST 2 or Search for trip weed, can’t remember which, the ohaze crosses there are from cryptic. I figure some of y’all would be interested in them

MAHA KALA

atomizing haze essence
Veteran
I heard that ohaze x oaxacan from cryptic labs, is the cross where you can find a lot of frankies..

led05

Chasing The Present
I heard that ohaze x oaxacan from cryptic labs, is the cross where you can find a lot of frankies..

frankies is in both Haze and NL, probably why so much old MNS gear is littered with it - hard not to find it, I always wonder why others claim they are seeking and can't find when it seems everywhere.....

or another path.....

If one were to take Ace Guat & cross with MNS NH - so Guat x NH, I'm fairly confident you'll find it in > 25% of the plants, especially if you looked for it in NH to begin with, pic the oily guats to cross with the NH stud...

Mystic has some nice gear too

MAHA KALA

atomizing haze essence
Veteran
frankies is in both Haze and NL, probably why so much old MNS gear is littered with it - hard not to find it, I always wonder why others claim they are seeking and can't find when it seems everywhere.....

or another path.....

If one were to take Ace Guat & cross with MNS NH - so Guat x NH, I'm fairly confident you'll find it in > 25% of the plants, especially if you looked for it in NH to begin with, pic the oily guats to cross with the NH stud...

Mystic has some nice gear too

yeah I just said it, as cryptic labs gear is available for some.. it never hurts to have another version next to mns gear. i think I saw that guat x nevs somewhere :D, huge sticky colas! wonderful work. its on my list, my future is overfed with haze crosses haha

led05

Chasing The Present
yeah I just said it, as cryptic labs gear is available for some.. it never hurts to have another version next to mns gear. i think I saw that guat x nevs somewhere :D, huge sticky colas! wonderful work. its on my list, my future is overfed with haze crosses haha

I know you did, I was trying to agree with you..... Mahalo

Drewsif

Back on topic. Should true long flowering hazes make it to the commercial market how would they be priced in comparison to popular 9 week varieties.

Watching idiots on youtube I feel that commercial growers are trying to stomp out the knowledge these varities even exist. Two different people on cannabis research project when asked about pure sativas answered they dont exist. No mention of the fact they are rare and need preserved. Just a quick effort too dumb down the consumers. If true legalization ever occurs the only strains Im am interested in purchasing from others are the ones I have not been able to grow. Like giant 20 plus week tropicals.

Yeah don't you know, weed sucked ass until dispensaries opened. Its all just nostalgia and tolerance got these old timers reminiscing about their youth, and the only reason anyone remembers Thai stick is because it was 50% opium. Today's users need 90% distillate so no one was getting high off 3% Columbian. Thats the modern-day propaganda.

Even though I smoked some scraggly brown leafy mess from an old timer fairly recently that put the darkest most caked up snot-blowing resinous stuff there is to shame, effect wise. And it came with free seeds to boot.

led05

Chasing The Present
Yeah don't you know, weed sucked ass until dispensaries opened. Its all just nostalgia and tolerance got these old timers reminiscing about their youth, and the only reason anyone remembers Thai stick is because it was 50% opium. Today's users need 90% distillate so no one was getting high off 3% Columbian. Thats the modern-day propaganda.

Even though I smoked some scraggly brown leafy mess from an old timer fairly recently that put the darkest most caked up snot-blowing resinous stuff there is to shame, effect wise. And it came with free seeds to boot.

I agree...........Enter: Entourage and Terpenes.... Leave: pure THC, CBD etc to the wayside and grow, learn and then feel ;)

Last edited:

Lester Beans

Frequent Flyer
Veteran

Wow completely the opposite. Guess you didn't have access to some good old school.

90% distillate will have an effect, but boring as hell. If you are into that, cool.

I'd rather puff a joint of Haze and go build a barn. I like cannabis that makes me happy, worry free, motivated, and causes everything to have great interest.

Drooling on the couch no thanks.

Dr.Young

K+ vibes
Veteran
The globalist are trying to keep us dumb.. Want everyone smoking commercial, and Indica dom shit. If it isn't 11-12 weeks minimum its mids imo lol.

yesum

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Wow completely the opposite. Guess you didn't have access to some good old school.

90% distillate will have an effect, but boring as hell. If you are into that, cool.

I'd rather puff a joint of Haze and go build a barn. I like cannabis that makes me happy, worry free, motivated, and causes everything to have great interest.

Drooling on the couch no thanks.

That was some sarcasm I think, when he mentioned he got super high off some 'schwaggy' stuff was the giveaway. Nothing wrong with indica but it reminds me of alcohol, not much inspiration to it.

I drink by the way.

Dr.Young

K+ vibes
Veteran
Hahaha yesum.... Never heard that analogy before but I agree.. I'm definitely a sativa dude all the way.. There are definitely some fun indicas out there, but most stuff out there people are giving all the props to is depressing.