What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

question for sam the skunkman on the original haze

Mtn. Nectar

Veteran
gracias amigo’s....finish/maxed out by 10wks from start of flowering....

yes....Mac/sativa aficionado is very generous and I along with many others very appreciative.....

ganj on........

bigherb

Veteran
proven...no.... 500 bucks for a oz in the late 80's.... sound like BS to me... we never saved any seeds from the weed we bought ...no matter how good is was... so IMO... def BULLSHIT

I kindly asked before if we could lay off this type of convo , let’s keep it positive

If no one saved seeds back then there wouldn’t be OHaze or several other Gems still around today

1luvbigherb

zachrockbadenof

Veteran
If no one saved seeds back then there wouldn’t be OHaze or several other Gems still around today
1luvbigherb

i think the word i used was 'we'.... no doubt others did indeed keep seeds - and no doubt i wish that 'we' toooo kept some seeds of the weed we smoked....

bigtacofarmer

Veteran
proven...no.... 500 bucks for a oz in the late 80's.... sound like BS to me... we never saved any seeds from the weed we bought ...no matter how good is was... so IMO... def BULLSHIT

I guess I will stick with the story that seeds were found in a bag at a show for the greatest band ever. I never truly doubted it. In fact as far as bag seed stories this one is my favorite.

Maybe its just that my mom always had a vegy garden. But I tried to save seeds from most of my good smoke. Not that strange of a concept.

Sorry for being off topic.

bigtacofarmer

Veteran
High prices for top quality are based on the amount of rich people in the market. If there are enough rich smokers seeking the best it will inflate the price. What happens is someone says save me a bag I will pay extra. Then the guy who will only pay the fair price loses access. Where I live that is not a thing. People want everything for the same low price if you let them.

Mtn. Nectar

Veteran
once C. A. M. P. started early 80’s .....supply/demand.....400/oscar for best...Ex: Hindu Kush line friends grew in southern Colorado...referred to as “the Rado”....peppermint candy cane indica....another...Chilean Indica from Garberville...referred to as “the Brainweed”....we crossed the two ...”ChiliRado”...great for commercial gardens ....quality/quantity....
indoor revolution had yet to take hold and besides imports, guerilla gardens dominated scene.....
price=clientele/supply

Dr.Young

K+ vibes
Veteran
I wonder what prices on wallstreet were back in the early 70s..
What was considered the top shelf Sativa in terms of effect, regardless of appeal?

zachrockbadenof

Veteran
I guess I will stick with the story that seeds were found in a bag at a show for the greatest band ever. I never truly doubted it. In fact as far as bag seed stories this one is my favorite.
Maybe its just that my mom always had a vegy garden. But I tried to save seeds from most of my good smoke. Not that strange of a concept. Sorry for being off topic.

we had a veggie garden tooooo... never crossed our minds to save seeds from good weed - probably cause had no place to grow...

willydread

Dread & Alive
Veteran
I kindly asked before if we could lay off this type of convo , let’s keep it positive

1luvbigherb

fortunately some people have kept those old lines alive !!!

@bigherb I appreciate your work and your efforts, even for a long time I had the same passion for the haze,I found some answers in this thread...

bigtacofarmer

Veteran
Back on topic. Should true long flowering hazes make it to the commercial market how would they be priced in comparison to popular 9 week varieties.

Watching idiots on youtube I feel that commercial growers are trying to stomp out the knowledge these varities even exist. Two different people on cannabis research project when asked about pure sativas answered they dont exist. No mention of the fact they are rare and need preserved. Just a quick effort too dumb down the consumers. If true legalization ever occurs the only strains Im am interested in purchasing from others are the ones I have not been able to grow. Like giant 20 plus week tropicals.

herbgreen

Veteran
yeah, we need to keep those old hazelines alive

Flying Dutchman, seedsman, tomhill, oldtimer, sams hybrid offerings, nl5/hz, ssh, nevilleshaze

A few of these have slipped away.....need legit originalhaze available again

Lots of good people breeding with it around here always good to see!

zachrockbadenof

Veteran
Back on topic. Should true long flowering hazes make it to the commercial market how would they be priced in comparison to popular 9 week varieties.

If true legalization ever occurs the only strains Im am interested in purchasing from others are the ones I have not been able to grow. Like giant 20 plus week tropicals.

looking at it thru the growers eyes.... if can get 5, maybe 6 harvests per year of a 60/70day weed and charge 2000lb , and a tad over 2 harvests for a 150day strain, you would need 5k per lb to come out more/less even...

and i wonder if the 1/8 i bought 2 weeks ago at a calif disp of 'sativa' for 40bucks was really sativa as i also bought an 1/8 of indica for the same price... me thinks not -