What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

question for sam the skunkman on the original haze

bestothebest

Is TFD original haze still the same as it has always been? Is it the best haze for BREEDING? I have Nevs Haze for growing, but is Orig Haze better for breeding? Let me know

willydread

Dread & Alive
Veteran
Simply,I bought the seeds, I planted them .......obviously you can trust the banks,also dutch passion(about durban & power plant) tell are pure....

willydread

Dread & Alive
Veteran
This is the description about h.fantaseeds haze:

When i can i will post a pics of this plant now,and i can tell you they look more sativa then tfd haze....

willydread

Dread & Alive
Veteran
Well,if you know someone who breed original haze from old stock of tfd or seedsman or old positronic you are lucky...you can also look Oldtimer haze,but i'm not sure this is related to sam's original haze

MJPassion

Observer
ICMag Donor
Veteran

willydread

Dread & Alive
Veteran
I have cultivated THE FLYING DUTCHMAN original haze before HOMEGROWN FANTASEEDS haze,unfortunately I did not take photographs,but my experience adds to all the other experiences of other growers that confirm what I have said,THE FLYING DUTCHMAN HAZE isnt pure,at least those of the last 5-6 years....

willydread

Dread & Alive
Veteran
Ps I'm not looking for clashes,only share my experiences,I've been looking for the true original haze for a long time, unfortunately the raw truth is that it is no longer available on the market(maybe tom hill???),only my 2 cent...

Dr. Purpur

Custom Haze crosses
Veteran
Too many hays in Tom's Haze for me.there are some good ones though. I havn't spoken to Tom for years
I spoke to Nevil last night, and showed him my grinspoon. I should have asked him what he has and where he suggests we look.

Gert Lush

Veteran
What I really want is the best pure haze for breeding, not results, so not how it grows, just a pure liniage.

ACE still carries Oldtimers Haze, which is supposed to be pure. I haven't grown it yet, though I have a pack.

Thing is, all these original Hazes come with some sort of caveat, "need selection to find the best", "probably better for breeding than smoking", "beware of hay after 20 week flowerings", blah, blah, etc, etc.

I often wonder if one may be better off just cross-breeding some pure exotic landraces and/or proven exotic hybrids, which are easier to find:- say Columbian x Lao, Kerala x Mullum, or whatever inspries you. After all, that's what "Haze" was, to start with, just a constantly updated super sativa, nothing as stabilised as a cultivar or strain.

Good luck, anyway.

=== PS

What I mean to say, is that it sounds to me as if you need a massive plantation in order to do meaningful Haze breeding. Sadly, most of us don't have such a thing.

Last edited:

Gert Lush

Veteran
Also I think anyone buying Nevs Haze would realize that that pic seems a little off.
Anyone buying that was clued up, yes.
Anyone buying? No!
I have to say, for an oversight like that, on what's meant to be your premier strain, well, let's just say it takes some doing... At the very least serious neglect of your online presence. Not good.

bestothebest

Anyone buying that was clued up, yes.
At the very least serious neglect of your online presence. Not good.

That is true. If you go in the MNS forum, it is a complete mess. Tons of spam threads and you can practically break every forum rule and not get banned for at least a while. I don't think SB is even active, and he doesn't really have any mods, so...