What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

question for sam the skunkman on the original haze

elanius

Veteran
I have been growing Tom Hills Haze lately and found 3 Mango phenotypes out of 13 plants. I am surprised these flavors are not mentioned in the description of haze smell. I guess they might be the metallic smell that is often used here. It really smells like peeled unripe mango, but it also reminds me the metallic oily smell maybe with bit of pine in the mix.

Any thoughts on these phenos? So far they seemed to really stand up from the bunch, even without the cure.

Dr. Purpur

Custom Haze crosses
Veteran
The Tom Hill Hazes I grew had a metallic flavor, and I think a couple had no flavor. I wouldn't doubt that there could be some Mango in there. Some years back Nevil told me to get some Mango Haze from Mr Nice seeds, because it was a very special plant, and if something happened, the line could be lost. Now that one has a mango flavor

willydread

Dread & Alive
Veteran
in this pic you can see the leaff of H.Fantaseeds haze(blue arrow) is becoming thinner day by day,now look like a leaf of Neville haze(Orange arrow)....However, the odor is much stronger than othazehttps://s8.postimg.org/p5klgfhth/IMG_20170625_142757.jpg

Elmer Bud

Genotype Sex Worker AKA strain whore
Veteran
The Tom Hill Hazes I grew had a metallic flavor, and I think a couple had no flavor. I wouldn't doubt that there could be some Mango in there. Some years back Nevil told me to get some Mango Haze from Mr Nice seeds, because it was a very special plant, and if something happened, the line could be lost. Now that one has a mango flavor

G `day Doc P

Interesting anecdote .
Shanti made a Mango Haze and sent out test seeds .

Our old "friend " Hempy was one of the testers . Hempy did a grow and reported on it .

Sent some of that Mango Haze to Nevil to try . Nevil said it was like good Nevil`s Hz . Recommended people grow it .

But ... turns out the testers Shanti sent out are not the same lineage as what he sells now . He won`t point that out to you though . Ignorance is bliss I guess .

We lived through how many years of Hempy talkin up a Mango Hz that`s not even on the seed menu FFS ? !!

Then there were the endless arguments about what his Haze hybrids have in them . Gets tricky when the seed maker tells one lineage then switches it up after the test grows but doesn`t let on till years later ?

Thanks for sharin

EB .

neongreen

Veteran
G `day Doc P

Interesting anecdote .
Shanti made a Mango Haze and sent out test seeds .

Our old "friend " Hempy was one of the testers . Hempy did a grow and reported on it .

Sent some of that Mango Haze to Nevil to try . Nevil said it was like good Nevil`s Hz . Recommended people grow it .

But ... turns out the testers Shanti sent out are not the same lineage as what he sells now . He won`t point that out to you though . Ignorance is bliss I guess .

We lived through how many years of Hempy talkin up a Mango Hz that`s not even on the seed menu FFS ? !!

Then there were the endless arguments about what his Haze hybrids have in them . Gets tricky when the seed maker tells one lineage then switches it up after the test grows but doesn`t let on till years later ?

Thanks for sharin

EB .

Hey Elmer,

I snagged a pack very soon after they were released (my records show I got it in August 2005). My recollection is that they were "limited editions" along with G13 x Skunk, but perhaps I'm wrong.

Do you think they might be the same as the testers, or worth a shot even?

It's got me thinking... I want to go through my Hazes eventually(when I can put together the appropriate facilities), and hopefully find something that's "spectacular". What order would you (or anyone reading this) suggest I prioritize the strains (all are old stock - 10+ years) I have?

Mothers Finest(Sensi Seeds) (I believe this may be related, and used to be highly regarded)
Super Silver Haze(Mr Nice)
Mango Haze(Mr Nice/Nevill)
Neville's Haze F2s(Spice Brothers)
Original Haze(Tom Hill)

Seeing as I have little or no experience growing long flowering NLDs, I'm thinking I should probably start with a more newbie friendly Haze, and work my way up. I think I've listed them in the correct order with regards to ease of growing!?

Hope you are well,
ng
:tiphat:

Elmer Bud

Veteran
G `day NG

Any / all of the above could yield a special plant .

But don`t be fooled by the advertising for the Nevil`s Haze on the Mr Nice website .

One photo advertising Nevil`s Haze is actually IC member Star Crash`s SSH garden . Huge donkey dicks . Very impressive ! Too bad its not even Nevil`s Hz .

I informed Shantibaba about this years ago when I 1st saw Star Crash`s grow log that is titled Hey Shanti check out my SSH ! lol .

nevilleshaze_4.jpg

https://www.mrnice.nl/dhtml/strains.php?id=30

Its still there advertising Nevil`s Haze .

He may have the heirloom strains, but his marketing is whack .

Thanks for sharin

EB .

bestothebest

I think we can all agree that the MNS site is kind of out of date. If you really want any info about it I would not be looking at those strain pages, as they are very grower dependent. Also I think anyone buying Nevs Haze would realize that that pic seems a little off.

Elmer Bud

Veteran
I think we can all agree that the MNS site is kind of out of date. If you really want any info about it I would not be looking at those strain pages, as they are very grower dependent. Also I think anyone buying Nevs Haze would realize that that pic seems a little off.

G `day BotB

Outdated info and blatant misrepresentation are two different things .
Especially if you are the owner of the company and are informed that the advertising is bogus , but leave it unchanged for 5 years !

Thanks for sharin

EB .

willydread

Dread & Alive
Veteran
Another h.fantaseeds haze,this pheno is slower than his sister,and also than Oldtimer haze x thai,his sister smell of incense,pepper,this one has an indefinite odor, the only adjective that comes to mind is greasy, oily...
Down the comparison with her sister ...

LowFalutin

Stems Analyst
Veteran
gloomslayer cut of
nevilsHaze x (johnnyBlazeF2 x greenHazexThaiF3)
cross at 3wks of 11/13...
(lots of dank basement incense aroma in the
sleep room when I wake them up in the morning)
picture.php

she takes 12-14wks*, from clone,
to finish with 11/13 light schedule.

*depending on how you like it

also launched some pure green OT haze for
pollenating a cut of big sur holy weed here.

RoyalFlush

DEA Agent
Premium user
420club
Another h.fantaseeds haze,this pheno is slower than his sister,and also than Oldtimer haze x thai,his sister smell of incense,pepper,this one has an indefinite odor, the only adjective that comes to mind is greasy, oily...
Down the comparison with her sister ...
[URL=https://s1.postimg.org/9oat1f89zz/IMG_20171005_180038.jpg]View Image[/url]
[URL=https://s1.postimg.org/4u96r4w2rj/IMG_20171005_180023.jpg]View Image[/url]
[URL=https://s1.postimg.org/3z2840lp1b/IMG_20171005_180057.jpg]View Image[/url]

Do you have a thread on the HGF Haze? I'm thinking of pulling the trigger on them.

Mtn. Nectar

Veteran
this label came from purple haze ......Corralitos CA.........late 70's........by far best Haze encountered and truly special........

ganj on.........

Last edited:

Mtn. Nectar

Veteran
RDM...was are stomping grounds.......flats led to platform where all the Rio rats (locals) would hang.........not like it used to be, but still where a lot of memories hail from.......

ganj on........