What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

question for sam the skunkman on the original haze

englishrick

Plumber/Builder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Looks a little whispy for my liking but it's nice to see somone running haze...hopefully il find a ha e that I think is top noch an il pass it about soon... I'm looking at mexican x o haze... hopefully that will yeald a haze type that I used to call top class haze

satva

Veteran
I'm growing:

(Ace) - Old Timers Haze light green phenotype
(Ace) - Old timers haze gold phenotype
(CBG) - Punto Rojo - dark green phenotype
(CBG) - Punto Rojo - light green / gold phenotype
(CBG) Punto Rojo - gold phenotype x ColJam
(USC) - ColJam [(Colombian Gold x 1960's Jamaican Lambsbread) x Colombian Gold]
(USC) - ColJam ~ Colombian Gold and 1960's Jamaican lambsbread phenotypes.

I've been smoking Punto Rojo and Coljam for over a year. The Old Timers Haze and others are seedlings. At this point (Ace) Old Timers Haze is not Colombian dominate.

(CBG) Punto Rojo has the phneotypes that SamS talks about in Original Haze -
light green/gold,
dark green
maroon,
silver
Punto Rojo high varies with the aromas which vary from spicy, frankincense, sweet tropical fruit, root herbs/ root beer, black pepper.

I prefer the high from (CBG) Punto Rojo - gold / light green phenotypes. If you've seen the travel log from the CBG Colombian trip CBG looked at 100's of P1 landrace NLD in 2009 (ish) of so called Punto Rojo. A classic Punto Rojo is medium green with red tips on the calyxes also called Red Dot.

Last edited:

Thule

Dr. Narrowleaf
Veteran
Any idea how mangobiche fits in the picture satva? Was it called red in the states, rainbowbud maybe? I have a hard time figuring out which one was which.

My Indian Haze male seems studly enough, those balls are some of the biggest I've seen indoors and he's restricted as hell.

Nice vigour too, there's very little soil in that pot. I'm going to be more open handed with the females though, this is a dream stash. ;) The three others have all shown pistils so very lucky this time.

Huesos

Bendicones....

Bendicones....

Hola Satva, you did right by concentrating on Punto Rojo. Here is an outlier (short flower time) of Bully (Skunk Haze) that is ready to cut down, except I'll let her go another week or so due to being fully seeded.

Thule, IMHO the Mangobiches is a different than my Bully lol:biggrin:. Bully is more trippy. Mangobiches is righteous in her own way too.

The key to a good Colombian is when you and your friends put down the joint due to its potency. If you smoke more will cause you to get delirius:biggrin:. Both Mangobiches and Bully have this in common.

Even though, both Charlie and Mustafunk have gifted me some Punto Rojo, they are slow to germ for me. I need to be more patient.

Attachments

• IMG_4671.JPG
    IMG_4671.JPG
    22.5 KB · Views: 25

Lester Beans

Frequent Flyer
Veteran
I'm growing:

I've been smoking Punto Rojo and Coljam for over a year. The Old Timers Haze and others are seedlings. At this point (Ace) Old Timers Haze is not Colombian dominate.

light green/gold,
dark green
maroon,
silver
Punto Rojo high varies with the aromas which vary from spicy, frankincense, sweet tropical fruit, root herbs/ root beer, black pepper.

I prefer the high from (CBG) Punto Rojo - gold / light green phenotypes. If you've seen the travel log from the CBG Colombian trip CBG looked at 100's of P1 landrace NLD in 2009 (ish) of so called Punto Rojo. A classic Punto Rojo is medium green with red tips on the calyxes also called Red Dot.

Do you have a link to the CBG Colombia thread? I can't seem to find it. Thanks in advance!

englishrick

Plumber/Builder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
That's an amazing list of plants your running. ..I'd love to run the Punto Rojo line..is it still available?

JACKBAYBEH

I'm growing:

light green/gold,
dark green
maroon,
silver

Impressive list Satva. That's a dream garden right there. What are your thoughts on the ColJam? Do you prefer the F1 or the newer BX version? I wish I would have snatched these up when they were available at S A N N I E'S shop. The price was right.

Dropped Cat

Six Gummi Bears and Some Scotch
Veteran
I flower a Thai Haze x Sk1 from Sam and she is black pepper all the way

Is it possible I actually have an O Haze x Sk1, I wonder.

Great thread by the way.

satva

Veteran
Hello Hueos, the germination is poor on the 2010 Punto Rojo seeds. They need heat and 3 weeks to germinate, if you're lucky.

Did Charlie Garcia make P2 Landrace seeds for sale, or were the seeds P2? The P1 landrace Punto Rojo seeds will have the full genetic diversity. If you've seen the Colombia travel log. They evaluate 100's of Highland Colombians.

Smoke reports on 5 Colombian phenotypes are here on page 11
https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=280616&page=11

Cannabiogen - Punto Rojo thread. I beleiove this is the one where Charlie Garica posted.
https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=244751

Jackbaybeh, I have the ColJam BX. The 1980 Colombian Gold is more developed with better flowering structure. 1960's Jamaican Lambsbread phenotypes are more difficult to grow than Colombians.

Any idea how mangobiche fits in the picture satva?

Hey Thule,

Back in the day Mangobiche would have been called - Highland Purple Colombian. Mangobiche- has a wider leaf, better flowering structure, and shorter flowering than Punto Rojo.

The Colombian high ranges from clear and trippy on the Highland Light Green / Gold, to stronger, stonier, denser and more psychedelic from the lowland Red Colombian and Highland Purple Colombian, and Coastal Dark Green Colombian.

A picture of Colombian Coastal Dark Green was a dead ringer for Mango Haze NLD phenotypes.

There are Highland Purple Colombians in 2010 CBG Punto Rojo. I prefer the high from the Light green / Gold Colombians with aromas of Frankincense / cedar / spice. "My current grow is a selection of Light Green and Gold Colombians, Light Green Old Timers haze and Gold Old Timer's Hazes.

I haven't grown Mangobiche, the high should be similar to an Old Timer's Haze - Purple Haze phenotype. but from what I've seen in grow reports aromas are Green Mango / Lime. Mango and Lime Haze shows up in Mango Haze which has mango and citrus aromas.

The high from the Purple Colombian is stronger, denser, more psychedelic, more euphoric with some stone. The stone from Highland Purple Colombian is clearer and more energtic, than a 16 week phenotype of Mango Haze. If you smoke Mangobiche alongside a NLD Haze dominate phenotype of Mango Haze they'd have a similar high.

Light green / Gold and Green phenotypes of Punto Rojo are trippy, spaceous, cerebral, other wordly, blissful. Punto Rojo gold phenotype has a clear trippy high similar to ColJam, but the Punto Rojo is more pleasurable.

Punto Rojo "Sweet Tropical Fruit" - Rainbow Colombian with a good flwoering structure with a pleasurable, euphoric high, feel good high. One of the classic highs from the 1970's - looking for fun and feeling groovey, da, da, da, da,...

I turned my brother onto a Colombian Dark Green and he called the high "Mellow". He called the ColJam high "Trippy."

Last edited:

yesum

ICMag Donor
Veteran
^^ I do not know. I have 2 packs of the old stock and hear that it is kinda lacking in germination vigor. I will not pop them for a few months. I guess I would wait on the new ones, maybe I should have as well.

Dirt Life

Veteran
Saw the list Chimera released, have plans to purchase some TH Haze and some CC Haze #5/(Haze/Skunk), but gonna wait for site. :) Would really love to know if anyone has info on what Im assuming is a selection, the Haze #5?

Haze19/Sk1 @ 5 weeks, 4 days today.
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php

Edit: Just reread that Chimera Breeders list again and it IS a selection of OH. Sorry... Still would love some info, though.

Last edited:

Limeygreen

Veteran
Quote about the haze 5 from Chimeras thread.

bigherb it is a special Haze selection someone that Sam worked with selected from original Haze stock Sam was working with.

I will see if he will pop in here and tell us more about the plant.

FYI - I have still not opened your private messages, they are in a list of messages I am working my way through and hope to get to yours shortly.

window

Veteran
As far as I know Purple Haze was about Owsley acid sweet purple tabs, maybe. But for sure it is not Purple Haze pot.

A true story is that Moby Grape lead guitar Jerry Miller, after Moby Grape ended, started a band in Santa Cruz called the Original Haze it was named after his favorite pot.

-SamS

From 1976:)
picture.php