What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

question for sam the skunkman on the original haze

MadMac

far beyond driven...
here some shot's from flower room...
some have already resin on the leaf's :)
4th time that i'll flower those cut's ... always different

Original Haze 90' - best Golli cut's from the two repros of the Golli OHz

IMG_9298.jpeg
IMG_9301.jpeg
IMG_9302.jpeg
IMG_9303.jpeg
IMG_9305.jpeg

70% have green stem's 30% have this Punto Rojo "style" nodes some have just this red on the nodes only...
IMG_9306.jpeg
IMG_9307.jpeg

well and about Incense / Nag Champa or Sandalwood smell when burned...
there are many types in the haze.. depend really how you grow them...
outdoors or indoors... soil and what you feed... it all play's a role...
and last but very important too ... curing
now take all these factor's into account and than you have the different smells that people have...
noses are all little different but if you find enough who say the same about than you have it...
but all my friends said different things... most sandalwood or nag champa ...
no one said church incense but maybe it's because we're not in any church.. so the smell is just remembered from childhood ... if... my wife say's smells like incense... but there are so many different types of incense ... to me it's all about the high... ok the smell gives you a direction how it will be ...
but @ the end it's all about the effect/high to me... that's why i'm breeding & growing those mega long flowering lady's ... the effect is what matters... than the rest... like yield than flower time...
breeding for the effect .. and not for great looking strain ;-)
🌈M.

led05

Chasing The Present
here some shot's from flower room...
some have already resin on the leaf's :)
4th time that i'll flower those cut's ... always different

Original Haze 90' - best Golli cut's from the two repros of the Golli OHz

View attachment 19046357 View attachment 19046358 View attachment 19046359 View attachment 19046360 View attachment 19046361

70% have green stem's 30% have this Punto Rojo "style" nodes some have just this red on the nodes only...
View attachment 19046362 View attachment 19046363

well and about Incense / Nag Champa or Sandalwood smell when burned...
there are many types in the haze.. depend really how you grow them...
outdoors or indoors... soil and what you feed... it all play's a role...
and last but very important too ... curing
now take all these factor's into account and than you have the different smells that people have...
noses are all little different but if you find enough who say the same about than you have it...
but all my friends said different things... most sandalwood or nag champa ...
no one said church incense but maybe it's because we're not in any church.. so the smell is just remembered from childhood ... if... my wife say's smells like incense... but there are so many different types of incense ... to me it's all about the high... ok the smell gives you a direction how it will be ...
but @ the end it's all about the effect/high to me... that's why i'm breeding & growing those mega long flowering lady's ... the effect is what matters... than the rest... like yield than flower time...
breeding for the effect .. and not for great looking strain ;-)
🌈M.
What’s up buddy, hope you’ve been well…, nice plants!

Do you look for plants that the resin cakes the leafs & stems or concentrates it mainly on/in the flowers? Are you primarily making hash / dry sift / concentrate with your hazes?

@RandyCalifornia and I were talking about this in another forum not too long ago and both agreed pure sativas generally have none on the leafs (BLD traits) and the focus s/b on the flowers producing it, unless you’re making concentrates of course then it matters less?

Come to think of it @Mustafunk and I have had the exact same conversations too about Sativas / NLD.

Peace

Last edited:

MadMac

far beyond driven...
Do you look for plants that the resin cakes the leafs & stems or concentrates it mainly on/in the flowers? Are you primarily making hash / dry sift / concentrate with your hazes?
no no ... i'l prefer to smoke the weed pure...
did it all ... have a press...and also bubble hash... dry sift ...
it's great.... but @ the end of day i'll still prefer to smoke a spliff or pin joint
the effect is different... kind stronger ... and gives me still this special vibe..
yes have Volcano and so on... also mobile vaporizer for train travel ;-)
but still most happy with my little joint ...
resin amount is always good... but tell's nothing about the effect
well rest is also good ... lot's of real life work... but things working out well...
saw that some sell now the Original Haze (Seedsman & TFD repro's) and crosses with it
TLT have it also now ... so interest in the haze is there everywhere ;-)
Same genetics as I posted earlier above but grown inside harvested a month or so ago, curing in 5 gallon food grade buckets
looks amazing!
well done -> much respect :cool:

here my last OHz overripe ... was too long away... golden brown ... but still kicks ass different...
7 month cure... enjoy it now... it's the best active summer weed... like espresso with ice
IMG_9310.jpeg
IMG_9311.jpeg
IMG_9313.jpeg
IMG_9316.jpeg

to me ... she is the queen
🌈M.

Azaghal

Veteran
Hello MadMac & everyone :tiphat:,

found this here by Cannapot Seeds :

" Special Original Haze is a superbly selected Haze that has its origins in the best Haze (for us): Original Haze by Flying Dutchmen. This strain is surprisingly easy to grow and offers a wonderful bouquet of oldschool Haze with a hint of citrus. The smell has the great old-school touch of this fantastic sativa, which is rounded off with a slight hint of citrus. Special Original Haze is damn strong, even experienced lovers of sativas will definitely be on cloud nine.

However, it should be noted that Special Original Haze should only be grown indoors or in a greenhouse with good ventilation, unless you live in tropical and very warm regions. It also needs around eighty to ninety days to really offer the best quality. However, the long wait is definitely compensated for with brilliant results that can only be described as simply stunning and really bombastic. This Sativa is something for real lovers of the finest cannabis, it is an extremely high-quality variety. We have selected it really well, so you can expect large plants that are fatter than you might expect for a Haze. No other strains have been crossed in, just well selected. The smell is, as already mentioned, very Hazey, but our Haze is special, and therefore also offers a slight hint of citrus fruits, and definitely better results than the original.

We are really proud that with Special Original Haze we are finally bringing a Sativa onto the market that can play in the league of Neville's Haze, and definitely can. In our opinion, there has hardly been such a great Haze on the market since the discovery of Amnesia Haze. Of course, many growers will now be thinking: every breeder describes their strains as the best - but we know that once you have grown and tested Special Original Haze from Cannapot Seeds as a sativa and haze lover - you will definitely want more of it, again and again..."

May this be in relation to your post abeove, @MadMac ?
saw that some sell now the Original Haze (Seedsman & TFD repro's) and crosses with it
Am just curious, does anybody know anything elese about this selection in particular ?
Thanks for keeping The Hazes alive each and everyone !
Cheers & happy growing

bigherb

Veteran
Hello My Haze brothers

I'm back from my ban , another life lesson.

Great to see All the Passion still 🔥 for Haze

@MadMac

👏 Amazing work your cooking up , Much Respect. I just pollinated my first OHaze

Interesting to hear your love of colombian after experience with other landraces . Is this New or old stock from BSC ?
If soo is Luiz still running the show answering emails ?

It's also great to hear your experience with incense considering you've grown many different lines and your vast experiences

1luvbigherb

bigherb

Veteran
Back to that Incense talk ⛪

We all have preference in life that's what's makes us unique and different from each other . Some would smoke just for flavor , some only care of effects . I want the world chico and everything in it (scarface quote). Flavor and effects . I'm sure I don't have to speak on my preference it's well known

The Original Haze poster of 1976 mentions the 4 Common phenos .

The description of Taste / Smells of Original Haze is a wide range . Sams gave a wonderful description in response to me in 2008

Below is a post from Happyhi , it was Also a description to me BH-

Happyhi is Someone who was there involved and on scene in Santa cruz , who was in contact with G the originator during his time posting here at IC.

Sams can confirm this is fact they knew the same Guy

happyhi
happyhi
Jan 10, 2010
Add bookmark
what a great thread, thanks to all for the great info. my contribution is limited since i
left the scene after the haze died in '81.
to GN- there never were any haze brothers that was just urban legend. one guy discovered it, after which a friend joined the grow and later had a falling out with the originator.
skunkman lived nearby, like so many of us. i was the satellite grower gifted the seeds each year. and to my knowledge one of the only persons outside of the originator and his short lived partner to actually grow the original haze developed in '69 in santa cruz.
to BH-
the four plants emerged right from the get go, remember there was no serious breeding program, just pollen chucking. It originated from a punto rojo seed and then was breed to itself for the duration of it's existence.
the four plants were
1. OH- purple calyxes green leaves, did not turn purple due to cold. red sap.
rich deep smoke, very very sweet, down to the last hit, many thought it tasted like
smoking juicy fruit with a very rich finish. no incense smell
2.Magenta- often referred to as the root beer plant because that's how it tasted to many.
3.light green almost silver blue- my favorite, we used to call it Bilko weed, cause we would watch lots of sargent bilko and laugh our asses off along with a bit of the honeymooners. this was the closest thing to smoking acid, very very clear and up.
taste was sweet but much spicier than the others, peppery sweet and very expansive.
4. green/brown- this plant had the most incense smell and was probably the most like old school high altitude mexican. i can't remember how the taste was different except that it was old school tasting, not as sweet more musky.
These memories are old as am i, so my apologies if they aren't as descriptive as some.

There are a couple of pics in my photos here on icmag that represent the closest i have gotten to reproducing it.
I also posted some recent pics of a few plants whose origins are from sam via a generous member of the community, who i am grateful too. Those plants turned out much like the last plant of the four. Very old school flavor, green brown color, very incense smelling, really improved with a cure and became very expansive. Effect is uplifting, clear and puts a smile on your face. Which reminds me i need to go put that smile on my face now.
cheers/peace/hh
strictly medical and compliant
currently in my flower room
1. 3 - ojd varieties
2. 8 new varieties from Oakland
3. skunkman oh
4. mekong delta landrace - courtesy of GN
5. neville haze from two different seed companies
and anything else someone's wants to contribute

Seems this Incense trait in Original Haze was Well known way before Nevil or NL5
was introduced to it. 😉

flower~power

~Star~Crash~
ICMag Donor
Veteran
@bigherb … I took my pictures out because I’m tired of all the hostility amongst … am I the only one is actually growing Seedsman original?don’t know what you want this thread to be all about ..but if you want me to post pictures of the current original haze grow ..like this post and I will. …peace

flower~power

~Star~Crash~
ICMag Donor
Veteran
understand the original haze from the 7os was your fav of all time.im wondering if the o.haze the flying dutchmen carry today is the same as the one you speak of. im a haze lover myself its some of the most potent delicious tasting buds i ever smoked. i love amsterdam but i havnt seen haze in the coffeshops that can compare with wat we hav bac home .i know you brought the genetics out ther but were they at. id lov to see pics of the o.h
….

Latest posts

Latest posts