What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

question for sam the skunkman on the original haze

herbgreen

Veteran
I think its a good thing to see Sams work available through Todd

Nevil did a lot great work did amazing things for the availability of genetics

Sam is good also... has got the real world knowledge experience and from what i hear quite the collection of rare cultivars in significant numbers

But lets not start fitting either one with a cape and tights or whatever

Goddamn it

Mention the word haze you better take cover get ready for the crossfire

T

TheForgotten

Absolutely, both of you.... we should all have a positive outlook was the gist of my sentiment....

You mist a few key points out TheForgotten like Nev paid for the seed from Sam and Sam did not create Haze others did if we are to believe the story's.

I think its a good thing to see Sams work available through Todd

Nevil did a lot great work did amazing things for the availability of genetics

Sam is good also... has got the real world knowledge experience and from what i hear quite the collection of rare cultivars in significant numbers

But lets not start fitting either one with a cape and tights or whatever

Goddamn it

Mention the word haze you better take cover get ready for the crossfire

bigherb

Veteran
Todd's marketing blitz on IG is over the top, IMO. He's also calling a dead man (Nevil) a liar while Sam's splooge is dripping from his chin.

How many killer plants and stains descended from Haze A and C males? Millions more than descended from Ohaze. Why? Because the seed Nevil got was unique and irreplaceable in the mid 1980s.

I know bullshit when I see it.

I’d say Todd deserves more Respect then these recent post . He is a survivor a warrior an OG we’d call him
Where I’m from

Cancer survivor, did 4-5 years like a real man , publicist and activist who was respected and good friends with Jack and many other highly respected members in our community. Just One reason he has the genetic library he does . Now he’s going to share his stock ( Original Haze ) , several highly sought after strains and we have negativity around his name . It’s not deserved in my opinion, let’s let the genetics speak for themselves if his actions and long fight is not enough for some

Do you even read what you write / think before you talk

HzA HzC males the legendary parents have been crossed With most BLD hybrids to make legendary strains . They are so special because of Original Haze , what are you saying .

1luvbigherb

@hempy

The Haze Whisperer
So you are comparing apples and oranges..
Take FD Original Haze and make a cross with your favorite female clone and you will be surprised how good it is. Often much better then either parent.

Also I have suggested many times that Original Haze is "breeding material" not great commercial growing materials, but you seem to only notice what you want to notice. It is the only pure Original Haze available.

-SamS

joaquin386
"And I am wondering Sam if the stock from seedsman is originally from you"

I do not know what any seed seller sells, ask them if it is my varieties or if I made the seeds.
Remember I suggest real Original Haze for breeding, not commercial crops, you may be lucky and find a real keeper for production, but the odds are low. Just try and cross the best you find X your favorite varieties, and you will find lots of keepers.

-SamS

Nev has said the same

Hemphrey Bogart

Veteran
I’d say Todd deserves more Respect then these recent post . He is a survivor a warrior an OG we’d call him
Where I’m from

Cancer survivor, did 4-5 years like a real man , publicist and activist who was respected and good friends with Jack and many other highly respected members in our community. Just One reason he has the genetic library he does . Now he’s going to share his stock ( Original Haze ) , several highly sought after strains and we have negativity around his name . It’s not deserved in my opinion, let’s let the genetics speak for themselves if his actions and long fight is not enough for some

Do you even read what you write / think before you talk

HzA HzC males the legendary parents have been crossed With most BLD hybrids to make legendary strains . They are so special because of Original Haze , what are you saying .

1luvbigherb

I have no real problem with Todd...I like him and consider him a true cannabis warrior. I picked up a pack of his '96 skunk that he got from Mel and I'm in line for some Ohaze seed when they get released in April.

I don't even mind Todd calling Nevil a junky because that's what he was for a period of his life. Of course, that point in time doesn't define who Nevil was on the whole, but he was an alcoholic and a junky at one point...and instead of sweeping all that bad stuff under the rug or conveniently leaving that part of his life out of the story, we should acknowledge it along with all the great things he did...like selling seed internationally at great personal risk and traveling all over the place to pick up genetics. People like to put him on a pedestal, but in the course of their hero worship...they tend to forget he was also human and prone to make mistakes...just like any of us can be. He lied, he stole, he made up stories...but he also did a lot of good for a lot of people. None of us are angels and you can't recognize only the bad or the good in any person as it's usually more complicated than that.

The one thing I do mind is Todd saying that Sam never sold Nevil Ohaze seed. Both Sam and Nev acknowledged an exchange of seed for cash took place, so that part of the story is indisputable, imho.

HB.

@hempy

The Haze Whisperer
I have no real problem with Todd...I like him and consider him a true cannabis warrior. I picked up a pack of his '96 skunk that he got from Mel and I'm in line for some Ohaze seed when they get released in April.

I don't even mind Todd calling Nevil a junky because that's what he was for a period of his life. Of course, that point in time doesn't define who Nevil was on the whole, but he was an alcoholic and a junky at one point...and instead of sweeping all that bad stuff under the rug or conveniently leaving that part of his life out of the story, we should acknowledge it along with all the great things he did...like selling seed internationally at great personal risk and traveling all over the place to pick up genetics. People like to put him on a pedestal, but in the course of their hero worship...they tend to forget he was also human and prone to make mistakes...just like any of us can be. He lied, he stole, he made up stories...but he also did a lot of good for a lot of people. None of us are angels and you can't recognize only the bad or the good in any person as it's usually more complicated than that.

The one thing I do mind is Todd saying that Sam never sold Nevil Ohaze seed. Both Sam and Nev acknowledged an exchange of seed for cash took place, so that part of the story is indisputable, imho.

HB.

I spoke to Neville for years on a daily bases after Nev past on i had his best mate contact me who was in Amsterdam and friends with Nev before the cannabis Castle days and was around Nev threw all the years of his haze work and other ventures .

In all the time i knew Nev he never lied i heard all the story's many times and they never changed,Nev's mate told me the same story's that makes two sources.

I dont care who Tom is but calling some one a junky after they cleaned up there act many decades ago is a weak act.Like Nev or not he did more for the cannabis community than any one person full stop.

Yea Nev was far from perfect but he was a driven guy if he had a goal that is all he focused on until he reached his goal nothing else mattered .

Sam had his chance to publicly air his side with Neville at Mr nice Nev invited him to do so that was never taken up so with all due respect attacking a dead guy is a piss weak move no matter were its coming from and it needs to stop.

Hemphrey Bogart

Veteran
I spoke to Neville for years on a daily bases after Nev past on i had his best mate contact me who was in Amsterdam and friends with Nev before the cannabis Castle days and was around Nev threw all the years of his haze work and other ventures .

In all the time i knew Nev he never lied i heard all the story's many times and they never changed,Nev's mate told me the same story's that makes two sources.

I dont care who Tom is but calling some one a junky after they cleaned up there act many decades ago is a weak act.Like Nev or not he did more for the cannabis community than any one person full stop.

Yea Nev was far from perfect but he was a driven guy if he had a goal that is all he focused on until he reached his goal nothing else mattered .

Sam had his chance to publicly air his side with Neville at Mr nice Nev invited him to do so that was never taken up so with all due respect attacking a dead guy is a piss weak move no matter were its coming from and it needs to stop.

It's not attacking someone to tell the truth about their lives...and not just the last 10 or 20 years, but their WHOLE life. It's part of his story and should be talked about...if nothing else, it might keep someone else from making the same mistakes he made.

Of course, I mean no disrespect, but the truth is that Nev was...for a period of his life, a junky and an alcoholic.

People get defensive when they hear those words, but the fact that Nev finally beat those demons back and kept breeding was a real testament to his fortitude and inner strength...at least that's how I see it. That said, we shouldn't just forget about that part of his life if we're going to talk about him in an honest and thoughtful way...it's part of who he was.

He (either knowingly or unknowingly) lied for years about Sam being an informant for the DEA...which is kind of a big deal. As you well know, calling someone a snitch without any real proof is not good form. I know how you feel about that, so I won't talk it about further...but that was wrong on many levels, imho.

Nev's gone now...and we should respect the dead, obviously. But focusing on the only the good and sweeping the bad under the rug isn't respectful, imho. He did a lot of good...and that shouldn't be left out of the conversation...but to focus on only the good doesn't paint a clear picture of who he really was. His life shouldn't be boiled down to the last 10 or 20 years...he lived a life before you were talking to him on a daily basis and people remember what they remember after someone is gone.

Todd also had a close relationship with Nevil during the Cannabis Castle days...so his perspective of the man isn't going to be the same as your own.

HB.

@hempy

The Haze Whisperer
It's not attacking someone to tell the truth about their lives...and not just the last 10 or 20 years, but their WHOLE life. It's part of his story and should be talked about...if nothing else, it might keep someone else from making the same mistakes he made.

Of course, I mean no disrespect, but the truth is that Nev was...for a period of his life, a junky and an alcoholic.

People get defensive when they hear those words, but the fact is he finally beat those demons back and kept breeding was a real testament to his fortitude and inner strength...at least that's how I see it. That said, we shouldn't just forget about that part of his life if we're going to talk about him in an honest and thoughtful way...it's part of who he was.

He (either knowingly or unknowingly) lied for years about Sam being an informant for the DEA...which is kind of a big deal. As you well know, calling someone a snitch without any real proof is not good form. I know how you feel about that, so I won't talk it about further...but that was wrong on many levels, imho.

Nev's gone now...and we should respect the dead, obviously. But focusing on the only the good and sweeping the bad under the rug isn't respectful, imho. He did a lot of good...and that shouldn't be left out of the conversation...but to focus on only the good doesn't paint a clear picture of who he really was. His life shouldn't be boiled down to the last 10 or 20 years...he lived a life before you were talking to him on a daily basis and people remember what they remember after someone is gone.

Todd also had a close relationship with Nevil during the Cannabis Castle days...so his perspective of the man isn't going to be the same as your own.

HB.

Why dose a conversation of Sam's Original haze always end up with people attacking Neville ?.

Last edited:

Donald Mallard

el duck
Veteran
^^^^

persecution complex

noun
noun: persecution complex; plural noun: persecution complexes; noun: persecution mania; plural noun: persecution manias

an irrational and obsessive feeling or fear that one is the object of collective hostility or ill-treatment on the part of others.

@hempy

The Haze Whisperer
^^^^

persecution complex

noun
noun: persecution complex; plural noun: persecution complexes; noun: persecution mania; plural noun: persecution manias

an irrational and obsessive feeling or fear that one is the object of collective hostility or ill-treatment on the part of others.

• “I’ve noticed you seem angry. Is something upsetting you ?”

• “I think you look bored. Do you think what I’m saying is unimportant ?”

• “Your attitude is upsetting me right now. Is this what you want ?”

:biggrin:

harvestreaper

Veteran
picture.php

mum nevilles work dad sams work happily married ,,i must be missing something this thread is confusing ,, neither sam or neville created haze ??? if the mytholigical haze brothers aint arguing about it why should anyone else sam brought the haze brothers breeding stock to europe and neville aquired selected through it an marketed it to the masses but unless im mistaken neither created it?? ,,from the information presented it appears credit goes to columbian breeders first ,,then the haze brothers then sam then neville personaly im thankful to all the above as because of them i can enjoy some haze here in 2020

Nexus7

So Sam what's the current state of affairs with Original Haze?

How many differening lines do you currently have? What selections were made and how many generations is it removed from those initially offered at Sacred seeds?

Did you keep good notes of your breeding program with the O.Haze? Are you happy to share or is it all IP?

Thanks,

N7

willydread

Dread & Alive
Veteran
Preselling seeds, especially of a simple repro, for me is absolutely a nogo.

But the OHaze is still around.
Do not think it is getting rarer.
It is the opposite that is happening these days.

View Image

Every time you make my eyes shine with these photos ....
However, it is true that ohz is increasingly widespread among growers, (for now) nothing is found in the main seedbanks, apart from nirvana and tfd, which are obviously hybrids

herbgreen

Veteran
Seedsman and TFD and Reeferman and positronics and few others sold Original haze

now Todd is selling Original haze

what is the difference?

No Good?

willydread

Dread & Alive
Veteran
Seedsman actually don't sell original haze, tfd and nirvana are hibrids, Positronic currently sells hybrids, oldschoolba had an original haze, probably from reeferman (but I'm not sure of this), todd I follow him on Instagram, he seems to me a good person, and I can't evaluate his work ....
As you can see, the possibilities are reduced, and I don't understand the reason, since I have seen that it is quite a desired strain ...
PS I forgot oldtimer haze ...

herbgreen

Veteran
Seedsman actually don't sell original haze, tfd and nirvana are hibrids, Positronic currently sells hybrids, oldschoolba had an original haze, probably from reeferman (but I'm not sure of this), todd I follow him on Instagram, he seems to me a good person, and I can't evaluate his work ....
As you can see, the possibilities are reduced, and I don't understand the reason, since I have seen that it is quite a desired strain ...
PS I forgot oldtimer haze ...

They sold Ohaze seeds @ one time

They are sold out

It wasnt that long ago maybe 7 yrs ago you could still get seedsmans

And yes they were much less to buy but Todds not out of this world by a long shot

oldschoolba is a well known scam but who knows what they have In name only most likely The picture I think is of a seedsman haze

The real reeferman will be back and maybe some of the tropical strains will be too I hope so.