What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

question for sam the skunkman on the original haze

@hempy

The Haze Whisperer
Originally Posted by Nevil View Post
Still a lot of questions about haze and apparently a lot of conflicting stories.
I haven't been paying attention to what Sam the Skunkman has been saying. He lost me years ago and if he wants to come out from behind his alias and go toe to toe with me, well that will be just fine with me (hey XXXXX).
If he is saying that he gave me Purple Haze and it was crap, Well that's true. If he is saying that his lime green Haze was crap , well that's true too. If he is saying that he gave me a Haze cutting, well to be honest, I can't remember, but if he did it was crap. I seem to recall that he entered his lime Haze in a Cup, if he did he got his arse kicked.
The Haze seeds I got from Sam were grown in America in 69/70. I got them in the mid 80's. All of my Haze came from these seeds of which I was saying I got 7 plants. I was hoping that Sam would come out with something good from his remaining seeds, he never did and to my knowledge, nor did anyone else. The only good haze that hit the market was from two males A and C.

Originally Posted by Knowsitall4sure / Cannabis World
I was at the first High Times Cannabis Cup and can assure you that Neville did not buy any Original Haze seeds there. He had gotten them well before the event. And he did get a clone from me because he did not want to grow out a few hundred Original Haze seeds to pick out a keeper.

I dont want repeat everything I’ve repeated for years , but it’s all true what both have posted . Both have said what Todd states and I believe Todd is genuine I think he seeks the truth . But like Sams said about shanti years ago , he would speak the truth if he actually knew the truth . The idea Haze is not a four way hybrid and Mexican genetics have nothing to do with Haze is still believed by many . Todd just learned this to not be true and now reports it’s colombian .

You/we only know what we are told and what we read , considering there have been a few different things said over the years its the reason for confusion.

I’m thankful Sams Blessed Todd with his genetics . I’m most thankful Todd is working to spread and preserve . This is what we all have been wanting for a long time . Some fresh True Original Haze stock

Respect to everyone who has spread The Haze genetics over the years , I’m thankful to you all and this community for giving future generations a chance to experience something pure something special a piece of the past

1luvbigherb

BigHerb i think most people are over this debate and we also know by both Sam and Nev have said that haze dose not do well when you inbreed it.

That is why Nev made hybrids and why Nev hybrids won award after award and why so many growers grew the seed out.

Any one can make seed but the proof is in the outcome.

Last edited by a moderator:

MAHA KALA

atomizing haze essence
Veteran
´ I’m thankful Sams Blessed Todd with his genetics . I’m most thankful Todd is working to spread and preserve . This is what we all have been wanting for a long time . Some fresh True Original Haze stock

Respect to everyone who has spread The Haze genetics over the years , I’m thankful to you all and this community for giving future generations a chance to experience something pure something special a piece of the past

1luvbigherb

absolutely agree. and its just not only past, but also our future, what other breeding stock should we use for future generations than Sams´s stock? not diluted by bld northern lights. this should not be lost ever..

Hashmasta-Kut

honey oil addict
Veteran
I haven't been paying attention to what Sam the Skunkman has been saying. He lost me years ago and if he wants to come out from behind his alias and go toe to toe with me, well that will be just fine with me

hilarious two faced :D

When are you gonna come out from behind your alias, "bigherb"? :D

:D

JohnnyChicago

Sorry for being negative, but if he got his seeds in 2012 then it will probably be nothing else than what was sold by Seedsman for 15$/10 seeds until 2010 and pre-selling them for 10$ a seed is not spreading the haze, but earning cash.

Hashmasta-Kut

honey oil addict
Veteran
He said he went and saw Sam and got them from him.

So, who knows?

TODD DID RECENTLY GET SOME ORIGINAL HAZE SEEDS FROM ME, HE IS BUSY WITH THEM. MAKING HAZE HYBRIDS AS WELL AS MAYBE SOME PURE ORIGINAL HAZE SEEDS, JUST ASK TODD AND HE WILL TELL YOU WHAT THEY ARE, BUT PURE ORIGINAL HAZE IS BETTER FOR BREEDING THAN COMMERCIAL PRODUCTION AS I HAVE SAID FOR DECADES.
-SamS

MAHA KALA

atomizing haze essence
Veteran
That is why Nev made hybrids and why Nev hybrids won award after award and why so many growers grew the seed out.

Any one can make seed but the proof is in the outcome.

dazed and confused again. or just provoking in the wrong thread. were you ever at some cannabis cup? do you know most awards are bought beforehand? do you know how they test the weed there? they smoke joint every 30 minutes. so how could they judge haze properly? when the effect of real deal haze kicks in fully after one hour from smoking? exactly, the proof is in the outcome :D

now my dear haze friends, I tell you all the truth about outcome from crossing real deal haze with NL5..

First they crossed original haze with northern lights to make real deal wild haze friendly indoor.
buds were big and frosty, potency was through the roof, easier to grow indoor than real deal haze, but quality of effect was not like original haze, not even close. that´s why they decided to cross it with haze again, to make it more close to Ohaze, and still keep indoor adaptability inherited from northern lights. in quality of effect it was closer to poi of Ohaze, but still not it, still too far. so they gave up to cross it with Ohaze again, as then indoor adaptability wold be gone and Ohaze is still better
later they tried to improve this northern lights hybrid with Kanga´s line like Mullumbimby Madness or Oaxacan to improve quality of its effect. but still not good as original haze or MM or Oaxacan... that is the truth my friends. the rest is marketing hype. thank you for reading!

MAHA KALA

atomizing haze essence
Veteran
Sorry for being negative, but if he got his seeds in 2012 then it will probably be nothing else than what was sold by Seedsman for 15$/10 seeds until 2010 and pre-selling them for 10$ a seed is not spreading the haze, but earning cash.

well the price is the object of agreement between buyer and seller. if you dont agree, you dont buy it, that is simple. otherwise you are right, if seedsman is still selling it, it would be better or cheaper to buy it from seedsman. that is not case. as far as guys which didnt buy seedsman haze when it was available, or dont have great haze friends providing these seeds privately, its great opportunity for them to try some real deal one, instead of those fake ones called haze hybrid.

JohnnyChicago

well the price is the object of agreement between buyer and seller. if you dont agree, you dont buy it, that is simple. otherwise you are right, if seedsman is still selling it, it would be better or cheaper to buy it from seedsman. that is not case. as far as guys which didnt buy seedsman haze when it was available, or dont have great haze friends providing these seeds privately, its great opportunity for them to try some real deal one, instead of those fake ones called haze hybrid.

The market sets the price.
I was only saying that his seeds could be nothing else than what has been sold by Seedsman for 1,5$ a seed.

And that hyping and pre-selling seeds, is earning cash and not spreading anything. Why not wait until seeds are ready before selling them??

Now if Sam gets his % on the sales it is another story.

I WILL GET ZERO, AND FYI, I SOLD ALL SEEDS FOR LESS THAN .10 EACH.
WHAT TODD WILL SELL THEM FOR IS UP TO HIM.... HE DOES NOT MAKE A HUNDRED KGS A YEAR LIKE I DID, SO HE DOES CHARGE MORE PER SEED. I SOLD KGS OF SEEDS FOR €5000 REGARDLESS OF THE VARIETY, I JUST REFUSED TO CHARGE SUCH HIGH PRICES AS MOST SEED SELLERS. IF YOU CAN SELL HERBAL CANNABIS FOR €5000 YOU CAN DO THE SAME WITH SEEDS.

-SamS

mexcurandero420

See the world through a puff of smoke
Veteran
$50 for 5 seeds is quite a price.Tom always wrote only 5% is special, so you'll need to buy 20 packets to find some keepers.

willydread

Dread & Alive
Veteran
$50 for 5 seeds is quite a price.Tom always wrote only 5% is special, so you'll need to buy 20 packets to find some keepers.
Or you can have some good friends who share some with you, for free... ;)
Each of you, in his own way, is right, anyone can sell the seeds for $ 10 each, if someone buys them ....
On the other hand I don't see any seedbanks offering pure original haze....

ojd

CONNOISSEUR GENETICS
Vendor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
You are so wrong its laughable

That's exactlywhat it did , made it better, like Sam said it would and produced far superior seeds than the Original Haze and made it so everyone can grow it not just us hard core Haze Heads who can wait 16-20 weeks.

Neville's ( RIP)Haze's were a worked line instead of the wild landrace Haze we know as Original Haze.
I love all Haze incuding Original Haze but Nevil Haze, and NL5 Haze are like the 1.1 of Haze.like I've said before alot of people had Original Haze but nobody achieved or made Haze a household name more than Neville.

Have you grown the Mullumbimby X's or the other new Xs Neville made ? , I guess not because they are amazing and il send any long standing member in this thread some of the seeds I'm harvesting now for free. They have been X with a kush/Chem Male but that should make it easy to pick out the Sativa doms.

Have you been to the High times cup ever ? , because I went every year and year after year Neville's Genetics were the best out there.

Peace
dazed and confused again. or just provoking in the wrong thread. were you ever at some cannabis cup? do you know most awards are bought beforehand? do you know how they test the weed there? they smoke joint every 30 minutes. so how could they judge haze properly? when the effect of real deal haze kicks in fully after one hour from smoking? exactly, the proof is in the outcome :D

now my dear haze friends, I tell you all the truth about outcome from crossing real deal haze with NL5..

First they crossed original haze with northern lights to make real deal wild haze friendly indoor.
buds were big and frosty, potency was through the roof, easier to grow indoor than real deal haze, but quality of effect was not like original haze, not even close. that´s why they decided to cross it with haze again, to make it more close to Ohaze, and still keep indoor adaptability inherited from northern lights. in quality of effect it was closer to poi of Ohaze, but still not it, still too far. so they gave up to cross it with Ohaze again, as then indoor adaptability wold be gone and Ohaze is still better
later they tried to improve this northern lights hybrid with Kanga´s line like Mullumbimby Madness or Oaxacan to improve quality of its effect. but still not good as original haze or MM or Oaxacan... that is the truth my friends. the rest is marketing hype. thank you for reading!

herbgreen

Veteran
Much to consider as you sit back with your sherlock holmes pipe

Many a mystery to unravel indeed....

What if you had an assistant that instead of helping you arrive at meaningful conclusions made things more confusing by adding or subtracting information a sort of hazy shell game

As one thing becomes absolute another fades into the backround as unimportant

perhaps its something that is never going to be known

I think if Nevil got a kilo of seeds and only a very few germinated why would he not complain?

Ask for a refund ?

Did he already know the intense pedigree of the seeds in question?

Was he satisfied with that sort of performance for thousands of dollars in 1985 or whatever?

Does that story make sense?

The thing with sam and nevil it seems is that nevil wants to seperate himself from sam being involved

And sam also seems to want to seperate himself from giving anything of significance to nevil and probably not too happy with folks associating and attributing haze to nevil

Both entities are playing a shell game of sorts to protect or boost their importance and or case of nevil disassociate to claim this is something nothing to do with sam but from nyc from 1969 etc And later on of course told a different story And if sam only gave nevil plants Were they males? females? I think both have told many truths but sprinkled with just enough guano to fertilize the haze

Got to keep the mystery alive

The haze.....

Keep it Hazy

@hempy

The Haze Whisperer

later they tried to improve this northern lights hybrid with Kanga´s line like Mullumbimby Madness or Oaxacan to improve quality of its effect. but still not good as original haze or MM or Oaxaca... that is the truth my friends. the rest is marketing hype. thank you for reading!

Maha i think your the one in a dazed state of confusion mate yet again you attack me lol.

The quality of Nevs haze strains won cups but more importantly it won the following of many in the community that is more important than any cup or award.

Sam and Nev have said inbreeding haze dose not improve it or result in quality well known fact.

Nev was working on what he called the Grail project he was not trying to improve NL5Hz.He was trying different trains and combinations to create something new and even better than what he had achieved to date.

Nev liked kangas MM and his Oaxcan but he also liked other things he was working with all unrelated to any dutch stock or lines that made there way to Holland.

OldCoolSativa

Todd's marketing blitz on IG is over the top, IMO. He's also calling a dead man (Nevil) a liar.

How many killer plants and stains descended from Haze A and C males? Millions more than descended from Ohaze. Why? Because the seed Nevil got was unique and irreplaceable in the mid 1980s.

I know bullshit when I see it.

T

TheForgotten

You oughta check yourself dude....

Whatever Neville did can be traced directly to SamtS, you talk about Haze A & C, he got both from the seeds Sam supplied him with, no one, not anybody, has done as much for modern marihuana as Sam has, there isn't anyone who even comes close.

He is directly responsible for anything bred fron Skunk and Haze.
I wonder if you realise just how much the man behind his screen name has to do with marihuana worldwide.
I'm in Canada, and for years (decades?) Health Canada's medical marihuana program yas been supplying patients with his strains, his company supplies our government with it's genetics....

He's not just great with plants, he cares for the world, a true hippie, not trying to maximize profits but making sure prices are fair, and trying to adhere to nature as much as possible/convenient to the circumstances.

I'm no fanboy, but his contributions cannot be overstated, period....

Todd's marketing blitz on IG is over the top, IMO. Here's also calling a dead man (Nevil) a liar while Sam's splooge is dripping from his chin.

How many killer plants and stains descended from Haze A and C males? Millions more than descended from Ohaze. Why? Because the seed Nevil got was unique and irreplaceable in the mid 1980s.

I know bullshit when I see it.

Last edited:

@hempy

The Haze Whisperer
You oughta check yourself dude....

Whatever Neville did can be traced directly to SamtS, you talk about Haze A & C, he got both from the seeds Sam supplied him with, no one, not anybody, has done as much for modern marihuana as Sam has, there isn't anyone who even comes close.

He is directly responsible for anything bred fron Skunk and Haze.
I wonder if you realise just how much the man behind his screen name has to do with marihuana worldwide.
I'm in Canada, and for years (decades?) Health Canada's medical marihuana program yas been supplying patients with his strains, his company supplies our government with it's genetics....

He's not just great with plants, he cares for the world, a true hippie, not trying to maximize profits but making sure prices are fair, and trying to adhere to nature as much as possible/convenient to the circumstances.

I'm no fanboy, but his contributions cannot be overstated, period....

You mist a few key points out TheForgotten like Nev paid for the seed from Sam and Sam did not create Haze others did if we are to believe the story's.