What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

question for sam the skunkman on the original haze

mexcurandero420

See the world through a puff of smoke
Veteran
Is it that important whos brother started with the Haze.We now know what the real lineage was Colombian x Thai x Kerala & the earliest pic of the OHz is from Mel Frank, unless Sam has some more from before 1981.Nevil got seeds, few others got seeds too after Sam arrived in Holland.
Personnaly i'm interested in the NY Piff Haze and the history of it.In the early 90s there was Purple Haze with the strong perfumy incense aroma for sale in the shops and suddenly its was gone.Time for a new story.:)

Attachments

• 20191207_084957.jpg
    20191207_084957.jpg
    63.9 KB · Views: 32

@hempy

The Haze Whisperer
heheh what ever man ,
i wont even bother to debate you cause its no challenge ,
you carry on making a fool of yourself all you like ,

the rest of us have been at icmag reading while u were over at the other place believing the fairy tales u held so dear ,
and we know the story that came from the horses mouth ,

makes me wonder why you ever even came here since according to you it was unsafe ,
probably due to you being told sam was working for the dea right??

youd be better back at the other place man ...

btw , its whipping boy ,

not wiping boy , sheez ..... ,

I have read every post Sam has made on haze from the overgrow days i know both sides but show me were i called Sam out and accused him of that.

Your the only person since i came back to the boards that sent me a negative Reputation with a bull shit comment that says volumes about you right there Donald.

I did leave the boards was a member here to but why would i stay and surround my self with people that threaten to rat people out ?. There are screen shots your the one dragging this shit up not me. I came back to clear up the bushweed seed post.

Any way i dont need your permission or do i need to explain my self especially to you.

robotwithdreams

Veteran
Koondense,
I think its typically rotten when people start selling beans without testing. A bit different when the “breeder” lets the consumer know before hand they are buying a mostly untested strain. Then it’s entirely up to the consumer to decide if they want the genetics bad enough. Ive seen quite a few “breeders” bringing to market lines hardly tested before hand.

I should edit my previous post. I think the skunk1 that are 20$!! a bean are over twenty years old stock kept by mel frank which he acquired from skunkman. They arent some reproductions. So i suppose they may be of some interest to some, but ill pass.

The o haze reproduction however interests be a good bit. I saw a post where mccormick mentioned he took sams advice on with open pollination to preserve genetic diversity, etc., for the o haze he is going to be releasing. As of right now i dont see anyone else selling any original haze by itself. Im not sure this line is tested before he starts selling it. I hope it is, but would not be surprised to learn otherwise.
I really cant comment on any of his testing protocols for any of the other( modern hybrid ) x (nevil x ohaze) lines he is selling.
I just came across his stuff recently and figured id mention it. And see if anyone was going to be trying his ohaze gear. He does have a very long history as a grower, so that is encouraging.
I wholeheartedly agree with sentiments regarding madmac, and his pics are truly amazing.

I want to correct my above post about mccormicks release of skunk1, those are in fact reproductions done by mel frank. Not the original ones released by sam. I Would think you would need to grow a large number of beans to find the real winner, and 20$ a seed, ill pass.

10$ a seed for o haze is only reasonable since no else is selling them at the moment. Ill probably grab a pack. I do think they ought to be half the cost, at that price point id grab a few packs. C’est la vie.

MadMac

far beyond driven...
ohhh-haze finishing

ohhh-haze finishing

hello haze lovers,
for your viewing pleasure the last pic's of the OHz girls...
tomorrow is harvest...

OHz from the 90'
picture.php

Seedsman OHz
picture.php

the long flowering diva from summer... still shooting a few white pistils..
but bud's hanging down.. swollen and resin is milky + little amber..
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

hazy dreams!
M.

mexcurandero420

See the world through a puff of smoke
Veteran
hello haze lovers,
tomorrow is harvest...

OHz from the 90'
View Image

Seedsman OHz
View Image

View Image

View Image

View Image

hazy dreams!
M.

Almost time to chop chop and let it cure for 4200 years :laughing:

ambertrichome

Veteran
I bought 40 of the Mel Frank Sk1 seeds, though they haven't been grown yet. Will mainly just breed it all together for more seeds. They are expensive, but they are what they are, and for me I have to have these if they are available.

I also got some of McCormicks

NL5/Haze A x Hz C x OH x

White Widow
Green Crack
Jack Frost
Romulan
Critical HOG

robotwithdreams

Veteran
I bought 40 of the Mel Frank Sk1 seeds, though they haven't been grown yet. Will mainly just breed it all together for more seeds. They are expensive, but they are what they are, and for me I have to have these if they are available.

NL5/Haze A x Hz C x OH x

White Widow
Green Crack
Jack Frost
Romulan
Critical HOG

Very nice! Im really looking forward to hearing about what you find in the skunk1 beans.

@hempy

The Haze Whisperer

NL5/Haze A x Hz C x OH x

White Widow
Green Crack
Jack Frost
Romulan
Critical HOG

So Todd's offering Neville's haze cross Ohaze

I think the only line his offering would be interested in would be Sams Ohaze.

The lines being offered by some now that come from Africa / Asia and so on are what interest me more.

Last edited:

Dropped Cat

Six Gummi Bears and Some Scotch
Veteran
hello haze lovers,
tomorrow is harvest...

OHz from the 90'
View Image

Seedsman OHz
View Image

View Image

View Image

View Image

hazy dreams!
M.

You got amber on a haze, impressive,

Nice plants.

Raho

Veteran
Very nice! Im really looking forward to hearing about what you find in the skunk1 beans.
I bet I know what will be found in those skunk1 seeds:
skunk1.

Sam said Skunk1 was highly inbred before he even went to europe.
But man . . . $20 a seed for skunk1?
That takes real balls to sell skunk1 for $20 a seed :dance013:

Sam's "Ancestral Skunk" released through Breeders Retail was supposed to be from '93, not '99 (like Mel's), and people were getting about 20/100 seeds to grow for $60 a pack, so $3 per plant.
No offense intended ambertrichome, but man when I think of how much fire seed packs you could have bought for $800 . . .

You should get personally signed pictures of Woody Harrelson and Jack Nicholson from Todd with the seeds for those prices.

Seedsman still sells Skunk#1 for $3 a seed, and you can get an 18 pack of Shanti's "Shit" for ~$15 bucks at his auction site.

MadMac

far beyond driven...
You got amber on a haze, impressive,

Nice plants.

thank you!
yep it's not as easy as it looks indoors...
they are since august indoors and before outdoors..
grown from cut to manage the height...
but the long wait gets reward with a amazing high.
will flower in spring the best cut's again after smoke test...
need more fuel for 2020 ;-)
for sativa lovers... this is still the top.
back into old day's...
i'm really happy that i got the chance to grow those..
without i'll would miss something.
really hope SamS will release them again...
thx
M.:tiphat:

keptwalking

Few packs of old timers on order, hope to find something worth it in them, sure I will. Doing indoor and will clone down to reduce size before flower. Long road ahead.

Couldn’t find any other good haze seeds available in the us, probably need to look more.