What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

question for sam the skunkman on the original haze

Karma G

Vendor
Veteran
Looks sexy

I assume HzC is alive considering this cross, can you confirm that ?

If Soo That’s great to know , curious how a selected Original Haze would cross to HzC . I know SamS and Nevil suggested against this but it still peaks my interest

Can you tell us any info about the colombian . I’d assume B is C. black

1luvbigherb

I cant confirm haze male C is a life today, it was early 2000's. That also when this hybrid was made.
But i think it may still be alive, defantly somthing i.m trying to confirm.

B#3 as i understood stands for columbian from maleB and then plant 3 from there selection.

Sammy smoked some aswell last week, we where all impressed with it.

herbgreen

Veteran
Seedsman #1 It is pretty easy to narrow down to one

We know everything else is NL and skunk related

tom hill haze or OTH maybe but different animal obviously

I still love a good silver haze myself

Track down the old original TFD original haze Somebody must have it stashed

Todd McCormick said he would have original haze seeds in January from SamS

https://www.instagram.com/toddpmccormick/?hl=en

Dr.Young

K+ vibes
Veteran
I still swear the nigerian mangohaze i ran was The piff....
Nigerian silk on phylos is linked to Ace green haze... Also links to A5... Plus the mangohaze of course... but all the phenos were straight incense female and males..
It was f3s made from Topdawg f2s so maybe a lucky selection was made but its spot on Nyc piff... church, and loud.... Smell lingers in your nose and mouth constantly reminding you of what you have....

I think a lot of people just get confused with piff terminology... Piff just means incense... or haze basically... The signature haze smell that stands out like a sore thumb against all other skunk, lemony, and rubber type buds....
Im sure many haze crosses posses piff they just differ in if haze a front note or back note... Piff heads want the haze smell as front note.
Maybe that can help some recommend and guide others better...
From my experience so far haze c seems to make haze a background to lemony... Haze A makes haze a front note

mexcurandero420

See the world through a puff of smoke
Veteran
This seems to be the Haze C male, i found in a French thread about Nevil.

Attachments

• Haze#C-male.jpg
    Haze#C-male.jpg
    34.8 KB · Views: 31

Limeygreen

Veteran
What do you think about a haze c bx on c5 or hitting the a5 with the c5 male again?

I cant confirm haze male C is a life today, it was early 2000's. That also when this hybrid was made.

B#3 as i understood stands for columbian from maleB and then plant 3 from there selection.

Raho

Veteran

Hi Karma.
Because Shanti has not released a single cross he has done himself with the Haze C male, a lot of people assume that it was lost.
Nevil certainly assumed that:
I don't know if F1 5Hz can be made any more. I doubt it, but a number of MNS strains are made with the best daughters. These too will one day die and these seeds will be the stuff of legends. Haven't you got any saved in your fridge for the future? Maybe you are counting on the era of prohibition ending before more gets lost in busts and calamities. Good luck with that!
N
P.S. Any one got any well stored NL5Hz F1s from the '80s or early '90s? They might be worth a bit of money!
https://www.mrnice.nl/forum/71073-post289.html

@mexicancurandero420

That old pic by kashgar is rumored to be taken before Shanti's greenhouse in Switzerland was raided and shut down. It is the last known pic of Haze C and Shanti does not reply to requests for new pics of the old boy.

@hempy

The Haze Whisperer
20 some years ago after Mr nice was set up and Nev gave shanti his plants we saw Greenhouse seeds run out of stock and stop selling seed in 2000/2001 i think it was then only start to re sell seed after Franco joined GHS and they bought f1s from a mr nice seed wholesaler.

We started to see Sensi seed grow reports of poor quality yet people growing mr nice seed reported quality after quality grows from the start of it selling seed.

The only person to have Nevs cuts was Sensi and Mr nice now assuming the quality of Sensi seed decline indicated loss of parent plants that left Mr nice with Nevs parental library.

So 20 years later we now see alleged plants from Nevs parental library starting to surface how is this possible if only Mr nice and Sensi had them ?.

bigherb

Veteran
Hempy

It’s been a very long time since you’ve been around

It seems things are reported and repeated but you choose to hear/believe or ignore as you wish

Yosemite Sam was present at Mns while Nevil posted , he provided many beautiful pics . I believe Nevil replied to direct post of YS . Nevil never once denied any of Unc YS stories of the old S.Holland clone only OldschoolHaze from Nevil . The S.Holland crew have held these clones from the 80’s not only Mns and GH acquired them . Thanks to Unc YS and recently Karma for sharing these genetics in the form of hybrids

@hempy

The Haze Whisperer
Hempy

It’s been a very long time since you’ve been around

It seems things are reported and repeated but you choose to hear/believe or ignore as you wish

Yosemite Sam was present at Mns while Nevil posted , he provided many beautiful pics . I believe Nevil replied to direct post of YS . Nevil never once denied any of Unc YS stories of the old S.Holland clone only OldschoolHaze from Nevil . The S.Holland crew have held these clones from the 80’s not only Mns and GH acquired them . Thanks to Unc YS and recently Karma for sharing these genetics in the form of hybrids

I was still posting at mr nice when this was being posted i also dont remember Neville posting and saying that it was one of Nevs parent plant ether.

I spoke to Nevs friend that was at the dam with him around those days he said they could of only of got it from Ben or Nev.

NL/HZ f1s were grown by many growers around the world how many of there selections are still around be pressed finding 1 .

@hempy

The Haze Whisperer
If i wanted haze in 2019/2020 i would try and source Sams original haze then run as many as i could to find a nice fem and male and then use them to make my own hybrids and inbreed line.

If i wanted established Haze hybrids i would use Mr nice.

People are dealing with poly hybrids dont expect to find the same F1 selected plant in the off spring close to it if your luck identical no chance.

bigherb

Veteran
I was still posting at mr nice when this was being posted i also dont remember Neville posting and saying that it was one of Nevs parent plant ether.

I spoke to Nevs friend that was at the dam with him around those days he said they could of only of got it from Ben or Nev.

NL/HZ f1s were grown by many growers around the world how many of there selections are still around be pressed finding 1 .

There is a lot you don’t remember , There is more you don’t know

Like I said you have never posted useful or accurate information regarding Haze and it’s origins

It’s hard to believe you had personal contact with Nevil
Yet you know nothing

Post from Nevil below
Hi Y. Sam
It looks like somebody changed the order on the labels.
NL5 x HzC
NL5 x HzA
G13 x HzC
G13 x HzA
is what they had if it came from J.
Hope that this clears things up.

Another post from Nev

I'd done a couple of Hawaiian Haze crosses. One was with a Hawaiian from Roger in N.Y. A bit of Indica in that one, huge yields.
The other was with a small seeded piney sweet Hawaiian Sativa. This was a true connoisseurs variety but few wanted to bother with it. J. in Breda really liked it and this guy had taste. Maybe Y.Sam has heard of it.
N.

@hempy

The Haze Whisperer
There is a lot you don’t remember , There is more you don’t know

Like I said you have never posted useful or accurate information regarding Haze and it’s origins

It’s hard to believe you had personal contact with Nevil
Yet you know nothing

Post from Nevil below

1luvbigherb

First off the NLxHZ hit the cup in 1988 and won now that is the late 80s.

I can find out who J was but why bother what you posted from Y Sam are all hybrids and what J gave Y Sam..

What i posted threw the years on haze up until i left the boards were all cut n paste info from Sam or Shanti so Sam and shanti info is wrong going by YOU so why not directly tell Sam and Shanti the information is wrong BigHerb ?..

I know more than you think bigherb but i have no need to share personal conversations or information with you or others.

Why do you have the need to insult people ?

Elmer Bud

Genotype Sex Worker AKA strain whore
Veteran
This seems to be the Haze C male, i found in a French thread about Nevil.

G `day Mex

A Frenchie by the name of Kashgari / kashrocks ended up with some of Shanti`s breeding stock when Shanti got busted in Switzerland .
That pic is from that period around the turn of the century . no updates since .

Elmer Bud

Veteran
20 some years ago after Mr nice was set up and Nev gave shanti his plants we saw Greenhouse seeds run out of stock and stop selling seed in 2000/2001 i think it was then only start to re sell seed after Franco joined GHS and they bought f1s from a mr nice seed wholesaler.

We started to see Sensi seed grow reports of poor quality yet people growing mr nice seed reported quality after quality grows from the start of it selling seed.

The only person to have Nevs cuts was Sensi and Mr nice now assuming the quality of Sensi seed decline indicated loss of parent plants that left Mr nice with Nevs parental library.

So 20 years later we now see alleged plants from Nevs parental library starting to surface how is this possible if only Mr nice and Sensi had them ?.

Nevil SOLD his remaining plants to Scott .
He fell out with Scott when he asked for royalties .

The idea that Nevil was in any way involved with Mr Nice is bull shit .

Nevil left the old clones with his grow partners .Before he went to Amsterdam he lived with his auntie in S/W Netherlands trying to dry out from heroin . He didn`t work alone .

So your contact in A dam might not know the full story .

Donald Mallard

el duck
Veteran

some of us in oz have even grown some hempy ,
your behind the times man ,

ask eb about it , he has seen them and knows about the cuts held for nev ...

i grew c5 for over a year , but let it go as it didnt suit where i grow and i made some hybrids from it instead ..

you gotta get with it a bit old fella .. 55555 ...

Elmer Bud

Veteran
First off the NLxHZ hit the cup in 1988 and won now that is the late 80s.

I can find out who J was but why bother what you posted from Y Sam are all hybrids and what J gave Y Sam..

What i posted threw the years on haze up until i left the boards were all cut n paste info from Sam or Shanti so Sam and shanti info is wrong going by YOU so why not directly tell Sam and Shanti the information is wrong BigHerb ?..

I know more than you think bigherb but i have no need to share personal conversations or information with you or others.

Why do you have the need to insult people ?

What about the lies about El Nino / La Nina . The "other Haze" that Shanti bull shitted about ?
Something from Mullumbimby neighborhood nothing to do with Haze . Liar , liar , pants on fire !

Donald Mallard

el duck
Veteran
while i dont always see eye to eye with eb hempy ,
in this instance i would ,

you also believed nevil collected some haze himself directly from the haze brothers ,
so id be questioning the way you gather information man ,
it doesnt always pay off for you and you go off on a tangent on the wrong advice ,
specially given your quite pig headed , stubborn and dogmatic ...

Latest posts

Latest posts