What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

question for sam the skunkman on the original haze

@hempy

The Haze Whisperer
Nevil at least tried to do the best he could..and privately behind the scenes tried to keep clones of lines some ov which cud be considered pure..he even tried to make back up seeds of these lines, sometimes in circumstances wer ther was no mate so had to reverse lines in order to make seeds to preseve lines..it was due to circumstances an laws alot ov these wer lost..an despite the threat of being kidnapped an taken to the states he stil kept puting his kneck an freedom on the line...for wat..to giv us wat we wanted an for his love of that plant...nevil was willing to go further than almost anyone..man at one time he lived with his work night an day..while other ppl went home from work ther was a time wer nevils home was his work...I think under the circumstances he did his best an we shud respect that.. may he rest in haze..an be at peace... I for one can respect that

Storm i spoke to Neville daily for years when he was unwell i called him a few times a day to make sure he was okay as that is what people do.I heard all his storys more than once and i called him a friend and that came with a cost for me jesse kas.

Even if you gave Nev the best pure line he would be thinking how to hybridize it to see how he could improve it that was Nev.

I told Nev that preserving old lines and selling them was what many in the industry failed to do not just him.

TheDarkStorm

I agree hempy more public access to pure lines may hav helped preserve alot of lines that are now gone..under this war on drugs thing even tho people tried to do this on ther own its obvious that no one person can achieve this on their own an takes the efforts of numerous people...we can only learn from the mistakes others made.

MAHA KALA

atomizing haze essence
Veteran
its really unfortunate and stupid, when someone tried to explain difference between original haze and its hybrids, and someone else feels attacked LOL or feels his idol is attacked.. then we can close this thread, because its not about original haze anymore and only about some hybrids of it. also guys back in the days were limited in access to gain genetics. there are better plants than hashplant, skunk or northern lights to hybridize with original haze today.. so I cant say that Neville´s haze effect has its ceiling and thats why is not real haze, because then am I attacking his person? really? and of course its morally disgusting because he is dead now - that is something that can come only from kind of sick mind.. and to that ridiculous marketing lie(someone is selling his hybrids - someone who is unable to work with OH at least like Nevil did, so he needs to keep the lie about best haze ever is from Nevil alive...) that Nevil made haze famous in the world.. he never sold single original haze seed, so how he could make it famous LOL , it only helps confusion that some haze pheno of some hybrid is represent-ant of real haze - lie. you like hybrid more than original haze? ok no problem. but why to say its haze when its hybrid? answer is money! of course if I am Arjan or Shantibaba or anybody who is selling seeds based on Nevil´s work, I will say its the best haze ever :D it helps selling sure( and those who repeat it are just sheep..) and thats natural. but is it the truth or marketing?

MAHA KALA

atomizing haze essence
Veteran
AstroTHC you have obviously never had a great pure sativa. Too bad. Everything from a terrifying "rocket sled" ride to incredibly euphoric, centering, happy, energy producing, coffee like plants can come from pure sativa lines IME.

too bad :D really.

dont see any reason for people to argue sam brought the haze an sk from us to europe neville made haze hybrids like the famous nl5 x haze available to the masses<indoor growers> i also understand nl is an american line so thats 3 american lines bred an marketed in holland and for the next 30 years everyone called it dutch skunk lol all sams genetics came from other people as did nevilles its what they did with what they had when they had it that made the diffrence i for one will never forget the first time i smoked haze nl5 haze sk haze sk and nl changed the game forever here in uk

maybe in UK or Amsterdam. but in Colombia or California, long time before something happened in UK.. was haze or punto rojo very well known term, in California within certain contra culture.. and it was real haze. original mix of colombian lines.. no stupid norther lights in it. dude.

MAHA KALA

atomizing haze essence
Veteran
I respect Nevil, because he was aware of limits of his NH, in the difference to his followers.. and thats why he crossed it with MM or Oaxacan to make it better and closer to true nld variety.. but still taking it too far from what punto rojo really is..

@hempy

The Haze Whisperer
I respect Nevil, because he was aware of limits of his NH, in the difference to his followers.. and thats why he crossed it with MM or Oaxacan to make it better and closer to true nld variety.. but still taking it too far from what punto rojo really is..

I have not grown punto rojo MAHA but i have grown lots of pure sativas 40 years and let me tell you straight up if you select and find your self a good Nevil's haze or even a 50% haze hybrid it will be as good or better than most of them.

AstroTHC

You havent smoked punto rojo 1st,2nd not every punto rojo was potent.
It is some sleng name not a strain,in cannabis there are no strains if you think that punto rojo all cultivars or phenos were good you are thinking wrong man.

Before there is no ''strains'' like today. Just good or bad weed. No clones no nothing. So punto rojo better then haze is bland statement maybe 1 punto rojo but shure you havent smoked any. But again if you grow 10000 from seeds nevilles haze u will find 1 haze and probably 1 Nlight. It is all about selection. Also lots of people say here when i smoke first shit in 1972 it was damn strong maybe at that time u smoking 2-3 years and u were lil student who dont know nothing about weed. All you know what your pusher tell ya. Purple that,crippy that,thai shit...but who really knows. Pushers are never sience like guys more salesman....In every seed line u have to search for something good. But in Hazes u have to search more for something really good. Also what is haze what is punto rojo ???? Maybe haze is hybrid of punto rojo ??

Today, the scientific community has not yet agreed on exactly how to classify marijuana,and what we know. For us it is all about selection and luck even more. NO one of us grow 10000-100000 plants like tomato that we know what is in 1 line.

It is all about phenos,end you EGO MAHA KHALA why do you think that your haze is the best ??? Did you try every phenos of Neville Haze every man grown ???? I told you we dont know anything about weed.
There are theories that Mexican sativa equals the purple strains of northern cali have only been adapted to a cooler environment for a long time. Both are purple and have incense like scents. And if you plant the same clone on a mountain and on a meadow, like the same dandelion cut, if you know anything about botany you'll see how different these two individuals will be. A mountain individual will have broad leaves and be much lower in growth, compared to one that has more sunshine and less stress will have much narrower leaves and much higher growth.
All in all about marijuana will be known for 50 or 100 years by then, just pray for good phenotypes.
You are talking like every pheno in Haze will be pure fire,also like any pheno in punto rojo or NLD will be fire that is really shity statement.I have smoked more NLD then u see on TV and lots of them are Hemp like. I was in Columbia,Albania,Greek,Thai,Laos You have to search what u need it is sativa all in all. NOMEN EST OMEN.
And in this countries very few guys have some good shit mostly they want to take your money and that is all.
That statement Punto Rojo and Thai are strongest is the shit statement it is differnet if you smoke for 2-3 years back in 1970s-80s or after smoking 20-30 years. And i will tell you i wasnt smoking lst year for few months and after that 1st i smoked was good grown core cut in Vienna if i wasnt exprienced smoker i will go white,
somehow I was able to control myself with my previous experiences
with psydelics.
So if somone smoke that in Thailand he will say oo thai weed it makes me white,and all Icmag will say ooooo it is stroenger then this shit i smoke.
All in all just grow and love. You Maha like I you dont know nothing about cannabis. What we read
almost most of it is stories based on nothing.

AstroTHC

Look for example this everybody here on forum ''knows'' that Hindu Kush is ''Indica''.
Look what sensi after long years they start R and D centar found in S1 of they HK breeding plant 100% indica.

so knowing that a distant ancestor can be found in the offspring, which then means that the Indicas were once sativas.
https://www.instagram.com/p/BvjpxcVlrMH/

All in all we dont know anything about weed.
In my best growing times i had grown about 800-1000 seeds per year 8-10 strains. Mostly old Amsterdam genetics stock. I found in Skunk Kush from sensi 1 plant which was dead on Haze by,look smell and taste. I choped it 84 days still no close to end. And in sk1 x Black Domina i found 1 plant closest to ESCD cut i have found in seeds which were not Diesel labeled.
for 10 years it was about 8000-10000 seeds.
And i know that i dont know nothing but i see today are just renamed some phenos,i remember best shiva shantis were like chem peppery,garlic,skunk.
If somone grow 100000 a years seeds what he will found there who knows ???
ALL IN ALL WE DONT KNOW NOTHING ABOUT WEED.

AstroTHC

I'm not so sure I could do it. The Neville's Haze pheno I listed above was pure Thai intense effect, with psychedelic phase shifts. It also had no paranoia, and was extremely euphoric, blissfully so. That was the best weed I ever smoked, and it was so because of no paranoia, and such a Mexican like happy high. I had that weed in mind when I decided on my name, "ThaiBliss".

He is smoking 50 years more than i walk almost. And he say that smoking for 40. So shure Maha u need to lover you ego. Smoke some strong Indicas for some introspection you will lose you mind on strong sativas.

you can read more in The Search for Trip Weed thread.

Dont Hate just grow for example my O tfd Haze cut has been raved in my circle and evrybody who smoked it say that also. Few were gone white of its effect but after smoking it for few days it like mushrooms no so much efect at all just some nervous uplited feeling where to go what to do like lil paranoic speedy feeling.

B

Benny106

Its just nice to all have a love for something, that inspires so much passion in discussion!

harvestreaper

Veteran
too bad :D really.

maybe in UK or Amsterdam. but in Colombia or California, long time before something happened in UK.. was haze or punto rojo very well known term, in California within certain contra culture.. and it was real haze. original mix of colombian lines.. no stupid norther lights in it. dude.

the english have always got around lol,the first joint i ever smoked was cali weed in england a neighbour who had worked as a nanny out there gave it me ,i was in love but it went high quality but much better than most of the offerings in uk which at the time was all hash we would ocasionally get thai which was usualy crap we got african bush and durban to that were reasonable quality but the very best i could obtain as in what i now know as top quality sativa was jamaican sensi it was head and shoulders above everything else but only small bits few and far between it was the same with hash in uk the quality was ok back then pre soapbar but the very best would be few an far beween usually brought back from travellers on the hippy trail india himalayas and theyd call it charas this was the best hash i saw in uk,, when i first went to amstedam i bought jamaican sensi thai an nepalese hash going on what i knew in uk no one had heard of skunk or haze here i first hear of skunk in amsterdam mid 80s but it wasnt til late 80s early 90s that it exploded here in uk along with indoor growing and the game shifted from hash to weed most of us knew an understood other countries had good quality weed but good for them we had to sort out our own shit so thats were the hybrids came in which were suited for indoor growing and yes i prefer pure sativas for my personal effects and usually a cross to indica ruins it but not allways sometimes can make and intersting combo like nl5 x haze was still one of the best hybrids ever produced imo the effect that had on people i will never forget i played with the original for around 15 years and ive seen it tested too the max on all diffrent kinds of people when a friend would say they off to amsterdam for a smoking trip wed brag and say you will not get better than this and you will pay more ,, theyd look at us like we was nuts til they came home and agreed lol<not suggesting there wernt better weed than what we had in holland ,,talking average tourist weekenders hitting coffee shops >it was the laws in holland that put these names on the map and made it a global centre for weed for sure those strains were known in us an columbia long time but the world found out via holland the world got tastes of those strains genetics in seedform via holland and uk played a big part to with seed distrubution you would always find americans hanging round amsterdam and here in uk back then to for a reason ,, i have no interest in owership <no one knows true origin of any so called landrace strain> or who was first ,,if haze is diffrent columbians then thankyou columbia for maintaining those lines thankyou sam for bringing it to europe and thanks nev for creating some outstanding hybrids that we could all enjoy nl5 x haze was not even my favourite haze hybrid smoke but is a favourite for the effect it had on lots of people i guess you had to be there ,,i know enough about breeding to know if the pure lines are not maintained therell be no more outstanding hybrids just complete dilution so i have value for pure sats pure hazes,pure indicas etc that dont make me against hybrids as we can all choose what we personally smoke :tiphat:

willydread

Dread & Alive
Veteran
Look for example this everybody here on forum ''knows'' that Hindu Kush is ''Indica''.
Look what sensi after long years they start R and D centar found in S1 of they HK breeding plant 100% indica.

so knowing that a distant ancestor can be found in the offspring, which then means that the Indicas were once sativas.
https://www.instagram.com/p/BvjpxcVlrMH/

With all my respect, do you really believe in sensiseeds? That could be ANY strain, believe me ....
Don't get me wrong, there are NLD in Afghanistan, but most seedbanks lie, especially the most renowned ones ...
One thing must be considered: IF indeed original haze is made with only Colombian, what Colombian was it? Really just punto rojo? Great colombian sold as p. rojo? Another strain grown in Colombia? (mexican, thai, African, other ...)
Another strain sold as colombian?

willydread

Dread & Alive
Veteran
Furthermore it is not correct to compare Nev haze to original haze, there is that Nl5 that changes everything, makes it different

AstroTHC

That is what I say are you all dump or blind we all dont know anything about this plant.
All speculations,for example if someone give you most haze dominant male of nl/5 haze with most dominant SSH haze female f1. And say that these seeds are from old original haze stock. Who will know that they arent ?
You blindly believe what you want.

This is all speculation without science evidence,and this is really my last post cuz this forum is full of people like JohnnyChicago When they need to insult someone, they are the first, when they need to say something clever, are silent as dead people.
When he sees my buds and what I plant he is spichless.

Why you shouldn't believe sensi seeds, and you should trust seedsman and tom hill ????
All of them the only thing they want is your money the dont give free seeds they make profit.
This plant is still illegal in most countries last time i was in US i havent seen many buds with calyx,PGR shit in most of them.
Lots of people dosent know today what really good weed is and that is problem.

And about Punto Rojo and that old shit who know what it really is and we will never know.
We only know what lineage is what is written on some cardboard on seeds we buy.
But what is really in it we dont know for shure and we will never know.

I heard story that Tom Hill Haze is Haze/dC F3 haze dominant selections.
But i heard lots of storyies in my life but very small number of them are close to truth or reallity.
especially in this area where everything is illegal.

You grow Seedsman Haze and you think it is pure haze,that is ok.
But what is evidence ??? Only evidence here is what is stated on seed pack also as Sensi Seeds. When i try before some f1 selections made by people u can get that kind of phenos in haze dominant,haze hybrids to. If you cross 2 haze hybrids haze dominant parents u wil have the same progeny like that full on NLD.
But when u compare to ACE and Original Haze from Flying dutchmen they are most phenos hemp like so maybe seedsman and tom hill are selling haze hybrids mostly haze dominant parents, smaller number need to grow to find one. And Eddy before and ACE now(havent grown) have really NLD hemp like phenos and few are good ones.

The genetics of marijuana have so much evidence, it's the same as when you ask a hard believer if there is a God. He will tell you yes for shure some of them will fight you or kill you if you say no, but to prove their opinion there is no argument.
It's the same with cannabis gentics, and you'll realize that when you plant a little more seeds.

Ego tripers like Johhny and Maha.

Likewise, Maha has not tried LSD because he is scared, but he loves his psychedelic haze the best in the world.
It is likely that he is a sensitive individual
So what's psychedelic to him is someone up high...peace and grow.

Dr.Young

K+ vibes
Veteran
Some people speak metaphorically, and others take it literal.
Pretty sure if you hit a fat leaf 7 week indica with a 20 week haze... Then find a 20 week haze in the f1.. you wouldnt call it a hybrid pheno... youd call it a pure haze or haze dom... wouldnt be far off

willydread

Dread & Alive
Veteran
Why you shouldn't believe sensi seeds, and you should trust seedsman and tom hill ????.

Simply because seedsman haze matches its description, TFD no ...
SHOULD be a basic rule of the market, a quality product should match its description ...
This is also true for hashplant, afghani, Hindukush, nl, and other strains, even from other seedbanks ....
With this I close my OT ...
I'm not looking for fights, it's a place to confront and share ideas, and if I seemed rude to someone, I'm sorry.
Blessed day to all.