What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

question for sam the skunkman on the original haze

Gypsy Nirvana

Recalcitrant Reprobate -
Administrator
Veteran
Its true - most of the marketable drug cultivar cannabis genetic material seems to have emanated from American growers/breeders - since the main interest in cannabis cultivation under prohibition has been centered upon the USA - ever since prohibition -

Europe was mostly a hash market - cannabis resin was the first type of cannabis I was ever exposed to - back in '75 - so the cannabis flower as a product was a late starter - although these days European breeders/growers are just as active as they are in the USA - back then we rarely saw any cannabis flower commercially available -

It is thanks to people like Neville and Sam that us in Europe saw such fine flowers - Hazes, Indica's, Sativa's and their hybrids - at such an early stage of European wide cannabis cultivation interest - and what they brought to the table has helped develop the industry - not only Europe-Wide - but World-Wide -

Last edited:

MadMac

far beyond driven...
As someone looking to get some haze seeds going, whats the choice? Old timers haze from ace? some stuff from cannabiogen? the tomhill reboot from realgorilla? Dont mind running multiple packs but I would really like to get something strong and psychedelic running.

welcome to ic
well all 3 are good... depend on personal pref...
if you want it easy...
grow a pack of THH and i'm sure you find what you'r looking for...
if you master them...
than you can give OT-haze a run...
same there ... grow a pack not only one or two...
they are more sensible and need little haze grow background to give what you'r looking for...
hope it help's ... and post pic's than ;-)
thx
M.:tiphat:

MadMac

far beyond driven...
ohhh-haze

ohhh-haze

back to topic...

here we have some closeups of da o-haze...
soon they are ready too ...
had to support some branches of the best...
well whatever someone prefer... indica or sativa...
aren't these beautiful ? so sexy slender leaf's ...
and a smell i can not easy describe ...
musk metalshop diesel lime pine...
but always these special hazey undertone ... metallic like...
i love it!

the 90' haze
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

and here the diva... i'll harvested the lower buds..
picture.php

and here are 3 different ...
picture.php

haze is still the top of the pop's ... no doubt!
M.

MadMac

far beyond driven...
Tom Hill Haze

Tom Hill Haze

and because it's weekend...
here some Tom Hill Haze beauties ...
those are my fav cut's from lime to purple...
amazing resistant against every pest & cold...
well because i'll had them spare...
i hazed them now with my fav o-haze boy from the 90'...
you never know...
the purple and the lime are amazing smoke...
purple are little to short duration but amazing positive...

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

lime is LSD on the stick ... ;-)
get hazed' & enjoy the ride
M.

AstroTHC

https://imgur.com/uWidCCa
https://imgur.com/zvXKu7a
https://imgur.com/NMBhbzu
https://imgur.com/ibVZnzg
https://imgur.com/yCCOu4z
https://imgur.com/FzQphkn

OK this is my cut of TFD original haze from long a go which Eddy gives me ???

A lot of you find yourself offended when the truth is told.
Haze is for rare fans of this kind of effect.
Many phenos are pure crap unsmokable with no taste and smell this is fact,
If you don't know, you didn't plant haze seeds.
Why not open a disppanery and sell only haze, you will close it in 8 days.
I have been planting 100 haze seeds from tfd eddy.
From 100 of this and found this keeper.
Full lemon metallic lether, while burning straight incense is not sweet not anything. But muddy and woody. Like real haze. I personally like haze but most smokers do not care about this effect at all.
I was doing something creative today so in these situations my pure haze is the best.
I see many of you worry that I don't know what sativa is ,59 years old 30+ smoking and I used to plant sativa and hazes when you didn't know what a hps lamp is.
As for Neville and Sam. I think about both of them, they just had different goals. Neville was more of a real salesman and interested in small profits, and Sam was always a big gamer from shadow(not much pictures of him not so exposed like Neville) of big companies after all, and he has one of those pharma company.
So I wish many internet warriors a nice day.
And as for Maha Khala and Mad Mac'a. I have nothing against them, but they themselves know that pure haze and such effects are rare and lots of ordinary smokers prefer indica x sativa hybrids.
Hybrid is always stronger i mean chosen phenos,
which is why hybridization is done.
For over 10 years I have been planting different varieties, always 5x 100 pieces per tour. I've seen large numbers of the plants and phenos,chem(sister,D,91) phenotypes come from shiva shanti line im sure in that most sold varitiy in Sensi is Super skunk and Shiva shanti these gene pool is father and mothers of USA new gene pool OG,SD and Chems, but you have to remember that Nevill was planting garbage until he met Sam and brought seeds from all over the world to the Netherlands. Both are responsible for today's varieties. But Sam wanted to work with big pharma companies, while Neville sold regular growers and smokers. And he fuck the businnes of Sam whit his politics.
I had been in this game longer then some of you smoking.
And so much hate on this forum,but statement that i dont know sativa i was in Laos,Greek,Albania,Columbia where there was no NL seeds. Only pure sats so boys i know about weed more than most of people on this forum.

Get Hazed, I am :)

AstroTHC

Im sure that most of you Internet warriors try all phenos from MAD MAC he grows you will ask yourself what he is smoking im not high at all. Few hazes phenos u feel really up and high.
Lots of them are real rubbish and that is no other word for this kind of phenos and that is fact. No smell no taste no high at all.
I also found that kind of phenos in Neville Haze,C5xg13haze and lots of mostly haze hybrids i grow.
Boys you have to grow some shit before atacking me. If you plant 100 hazes and 100 Lucifer OG i found there my OG cut. You will have more smokable and selable phenos in OG but nothing exotic like good haze high pheno but lots of people will say if they not sleepy that they are not high.
there are few of us who are real connoisseurs and loves such things.

AstroTHC

I have to post these posts cuz lots of you didnt see amount of weed i grew and smoked.

If you ask me what is best i smoke ever ?? it is Amnesia Haze but original one.
This shit is best u can have mixing sativas and indicas genetics i try till today.
I was in Colorado,La,NY..and in US last year lots of different names but smells i get is all shiva shanti and old Super skunk phenos i grew before 15-20 years.
And some frutiness of cookies and crosses which i remember close to first Durban/sk1 crosses of old lines of sensi seeds/dp/niravana with some OG mixed in.

MadMac

far beyond driven...
looks good... never found anything good in TFD O-Haze offers...
last 5 pack had absolute horrible germ rate...

Full lemon metallic lether, while burning straight incense is not sweet not anything. But muddy and woody. Like real haze. I personally like haze but most smokers do not care about this effect at all.
that sound like a keeper!

I was doing something creative today so in these situations my pure haze is the best.
I see many of you worry that I don't know what sativa is ,59 years old 30+ smoking and I used to plant sativa and hazes when you didn't know what a hps lamp is.
As for Neville and Sam. I think about both of them, they just had different goals. Neville was more of a real salesman and interested in small profits, and Sam was always a big gamer from shadow(not much pictures of him not so exposed like Neville) of big companies after all, and he has one of those pharma company.
And as for Maha Khala and Mad Mac'a. I have nothing against them, but they themselves know that pure haze and such effects are rare and lots of ordinary smokers prefer indica x sativa hybrids.
now after you've smoked da haze your post sounds much better... begin to like it ;-)
don't get me wrong...
i'am 10 years younger and living close to Amsterdam.. was there in the 90' ...
know it all from first sources etc... and can also compare a lot now...
if you can get some seedsman o-haze... you only have to grow 10 to find a keeper...
that was often proven here... also Tom Hill Haze is a good choice to get a idea...

Get Hazed, I am
now i like you ;-)
me too:peacock:

p.s. thx for posting those images...! looking amazing tasty...
Titans Haze aka Fuma con Diablos had same look ...
are you sure that's the pure o-haze?

AstroTHC

if you can get some seedsman o-haze... you only have to grow 10 to find a keeper...
that was often proven here... also Tom Hill Haze is a good choice to get a idea...

now i like you ;-)
me too:peacock:

p.s. thx for posting those images...! looking amazing tasty...
Titans Haze aka Fuma con Diablos had same look ...
are you sure that's the pure o-haze?[/QUOTE]

That is from TFD O haze,but after this 100+ seeds it was 11 packs. I havent grow any pure haze. Cuz it was most phenos unselable to smokers.
You know what i mean by this statemant.
I live from this shit that time,and pure haze almost made me hungry :)

MadMac

far beyond driven...
Im sure that most of you Internet warriors try all phenos from MAD MAC he grows you will ask yourself what he is smoking im not high at all. Few hazes phenos u feel really up and high.
Lots of them are real rubbish and that is no other word for this kind of phenos and that is fact. No smell no taste no high at all.
I also found that kind of phenos in Neville Haze,C5xg13haze and lots of mostly haze hybrids i grow.
Boys you have to grow some shit before atacking me. If you plant 100 hazes and 100 Lucifer OG i found there my OG cut. You will have more smokable and selable phenos in OG but nothing exotic like good haze high pheno but lots of people will say if they not sleepy that they are not high.
there are few of us who are real connoisseurs and loves such things.

jesus...
now me think you have smoked this Titans Haze AKA Fuma con Diablos
must be Fuma con Diablos...

AstroTHC

No it is sure O haze i know what packing it is. But this is the most ''Indica'' out of them around 110 days it is finished.
No skunk smell in it at all just woody,metalic lether aromas. Infact i dont like Haze/skunk at all always makes me nervous lil bit.
I like the most NL,G13,Afghan to Haze rather then SK/hz.
I didnt grow tom hills or seedsman but when i remember original haze phenos are what i described before.

Dirt Life

Veteran
I have a skunk haze from MNS and you’d swear there was no skunk in it. Had her outside all season then brought her in so have no idea how many days…but she’s still going.

Definitely something lurking in those genes.

I also had one years ago that stunk to high heaven.

Currently I have a Mr. Nice Skunk/Haze @ 8 weeks. This plant I was not expecting at all... shes very skunk dom, and as you say, stinks to high heaven! :)

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Donald Mallard

el duck
Veteran
https://imgur.com/uWidCCa
https://imgur.com/zvXKu7a
https://imgur.com/NMBhbzu
https://imgur.com/ibVZnzg
https://imgur.com/yCCOu4z
https://imgur.com/FzQphkn

A lot of you find yourself offended when the truth is told.
Haze is for rare fans of this kind of effect.
Many phenos are pure crap unsmokable with no taste and smell this is fact,
If you don't know, you didn't plant haze seeds.
Why not open a disppanery and sell only haze, you will close it in 8 days.
I have been planting 100 haze seeds from tfd eddy.
From 100 of this and found this keeper.
Hybrid is always stronger i mean chosen phenos,
which is why hybridization is done.
For over 10 years I have been planting different varieties, always 5x 100 pieces per tour. I've seen large numbers of the plants and phenos,chem(sister,D,91) phenotypes come from shiva shanti line im sure in that most sold varitiy in Sensi is Super skunk and Shiva shanti these gene pool is father and mothers of USA new gene pool OG,SD and Chems, but you have to remember that Nevill was planting garbage until he met Sam and brought seeds from all over the world to the Netherlands. Both are responsible for today's varieties. But Sam wanted to work with big pharma companies, while Neville sold regular growers and smokers. And he fuck the businnes of Sam whit his politics.
I had been in this game longer then some of you smoking.
And so much hate on this forum,but statement that i dont know sativa i was in Laos,Greek,Albania,Columbia where there was no NL seeds. Only pure sats so boys i know about weed more than most of people on this forum.

Get Hazed, I am :)
thanks for explaining yourself better than just making statements to ruffle folks feathers ,

just a few points though ,
as far as hybridization being done in order to increase potency ,
thats not quite correct man ,
hybridization is done to take advantage of hybrid vigor ,
stonger plants , meaning they grow stronger , they are more resistant to disease , pests etc ,
and so the plants are all ripe within a similar time and producing a similar product overall ,
it makes best for farmers for instance that are wanting to grow a large crop and not have to mess around with later plants , weaker ones etc etc ,
thats what hybridization is about ,
it can come in other forms to what you mentioned also ,
you can make a hybrid from 2 sativas ,
and the result can be better than either parent ...

i personally prefer sativa and hybrids using sativas ,

as long as they are potent ,
not all are , same goes for indicas , and hybrids of both ...

the other point id like to make is the apparent hay types in the haze and haze hybrids ,
i grew plenty of them to assess ,
but i grew them outdoor in the tropics ,
and didnt find the hay at all ,
all plants were good , some were excellent ,

i understand some of us have to grow to the condtions we have available ,
but that doesnt give an accurate example of what those varieties are capable of always ,
some do better under lights and out of a more suited climate than others , hence the need to select phenos that work best under those conditions ,

a plant that i might call a keeper in my conditions may not perform for you at all and could in fact be called hay due to its poor performance ...

the sativas i referred to that i found particularly strong were grown in the locations they had adapted too and been selected for potency ,
where i live , we were able to grow the seed from the imported weed , ie thai mostly , and some indian sativas ,
and get a very decent product , as good as the imported stuff was,
i know thats not the case in many other places ,
they were not hybrids , they were pure sativas ,
and i would take them any day of the week over the modern hybrids ...

so would you im sure if you tried them ... and if you are indeed a lover of strong sativa ...

its good of you to return to explain yourself more clearly ,
i appreciate it and im sure everyone else does and can see your point a bit better now

cheers man ...

Elmer Bud

Genotype Sex Worker AKA strain whore
Veteran
Because you smoke a lot of tobacco with your Sativas your relationship with ganja is different to smokers who don`t add tobacco .
Addiction is involved ...

I can speak of this from experience . That 5 bongs routine you have 1st thing in the morning that make you cough like an 80 year old chain smoker . Is driven by the nicotine addiction rather than love of smoking ganja as soon as you wake up .

Cut out the baccy and you will feel differently about ganja .

Donald Mallard

el duck
Veteran
i didnt always smoke with tobacco eb ,
and currently i dont smoke at all ,
but thanks for your insights ,
id like to say they are always appreciated ,
but id be lying ..

TheDarkStorm

Hey Donald a question if I may..so wich haze seed line do you recommend to say a grower who can only grow afew plants at a time..meaning a seed line wer you buy one pack ov seeds and you know that no mater wich seed you grow out of that pack it will always at the least giv you a plant that will spin you out an hav you sweating an will only take you higher an higher with each tolk..a pack wer evry plant will match the descriptions given of what haze shud be.

Donald Mallard

el duck
Veteran
not sure there is one that matches your description completely ,
as i said my grow conditions are not the same as most have ,

but i did have a lot of success with those rock n roll series shanti put out ,
they were good , all the ones i tried anyhow,

some of the doors plants were very good,

as were a few others from the series ,
likely worth a shot id say ...

@hempy

The Haze Whisperer
The first post i ever made was to a person who i wont name that was attacking Nev 20 years ago i had little info on Nev other than what a friend had said about this Aussie guy he met in the Dam.

20 years on nothing has changed but the people attacking Nev for the most part have done what to better the cannabis seen ?.

Nev sold seed breed and collected genetics and offered them to any one any were in the world. Then was a prisoner of Holland unable to leave for years because the US wanted him for doing what he did.

I lived in a place were good genetics was abundant Thais African India Hawaiian all types of strains.I had Friends from School move up to Mullum in late 78 and i first smoked Mullum in 79. I first tried Dutch genetics in 86 i thought they were complete crap.

Then i finally tried Nevs Haze work in 2001/ 2002 and with selection i found plants that could match any of the old school lines even Mullum in potency. His work allowed people to find things they wonted that is the diversity of a hybrid.

Yea Sam and Nev played a roll but so did many others from all corners of the Globe that went to the Dam because they could work there legally that was the attraction of Holland.

My only problem with what Nev did and many others was they never offered pure stable old school genetics that would of helped protect and preserve them but no money in selling strains others can easily copy an sell i guess.

TheDarkStorm

Nevil at least tried to do the best he could..and privately behind the scenes tried to keep clones of lines some ov which cud be considered pure..he even tried to make back up seeds of these lines, sometimes in circumstances wer ther was no mate so had to reverse lines in order to make seeds to preseve lines..it was due to circumstances an laws alot ov these wer lost..an despite the threat of being kidnapped an taken to the states he stil kept puting his kneck an freedom on the line...for wat..to giv us wat we wanted an for his love of that plant...nevil was willing to go further than almost anyone..man at one time he lived with his work night an day..while other ppl went home from work ther was a time wer nevils home was his work...I think under the circumstances he did his best an we shud respect that.. may he rest in haze..an be at peace... I for one can respect that

Latest posts

Latest posts