What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

question for sam the skunkman on the original haze

Donald Mallard

el duck
Veteran
When i see what MADMAC grow. To me, that seems like a stupid and pointless time.
I know most cannabis smokers wouldn't even want to look at it.
let alone smoke or give money for it.
But everyone has their own tastes and preferences, and the tastes are undisputed.
Maybe if i smoke your favourite Haze cut i will say that is bland rubish. Also what you will say about my favourite haze hybrid.

It is foolish to compare HAze and haze hybrid when the hybrid is designed to be stronger and to flower shorter. And in terms of strength, indica and indica are the dominant hybrids stronger than sativa ALWAYS !!!!!. But who loves Haze high clean it can't be obtained by hybridizing, then you need clean hazes and huge selections otherwise you will be smoking hemp like phenos. From pure hazes unsmokable crap for many,holygrail for someone like MAHA,MAC and SAM.
man i think you need to get educated learn some manners and come back in 15 to 20 years and let us know your thoughts then ,

its clear you dont know what the heck you are even talking about,

hybrids are not stronger , they dont have the same sort of high,
some of us older chaps have toked sativas that would make you tear off your clothes and run off screaming into the night ,,

crossing that with an indica ruins a good portion , it doesnt improve it ..

seriously man , both your posts show how ignorant you are ,
you need to pull your head in ... and dont be so damn rude to your elders who plainly know more than you ...

RandyCalifornia

Well endowed member
Veteran
A crappy grown excellent plant still gets you ripped, but if you grow a huge crop of 7 week big bud really well, you still gets tons of weak shit (with bag appeal ).
HMK, I just did for the first time a Bandaid Haze #7, came out like crap, I underfertilized it, it yellowed too early and did not develop the killer haze high that makes it YoSammy's favorite smoke, and have you seen his pics? You think I should give up on her cause when I ran her the first time I blew it and she don't ring my bell or even come close? That plus like Johnny said most people don't have the patience to go the full 16 weeks.
Underdone Haze is in my opinion the quickest way to get Hay.
Speaking of TomHill did you ever see where he was growing his haze? Lots of hay potential in higher elevation Mendo if it starts raining and getting cold in October-Novemer, by December Haze will not be actively growing just from air temp let alone making grease.
TomHill is a great grower but climate has it's challenges. It was easy to get a seed crop but to get dank killer Haze you need some heat.
From what I see of THHaze it's mostly all pretty good, some excellent like what MadMac is posting, looks delicious Astro, you are FOS

@hempy

The Haze Whisperer
Haze was not a stable line to biggin with.

I saw 50% haze go 18 weeks and could of gone longer i saw NH go 20 weeks .
Hybrids carry across parental traits like high smells structure even things from accentors many generations back can show up.

I had a MH that had the high of LSD so if you think hybrids lack the haze or affect of old school sativas then your not finding the right plants.

In the 70s we had cannabis here that they called tripping weed it looked like oily leaf a small coin bag full would cost you $30 and you could buy an oz of African Colombian pan red and other strains for $30.My point is it did not need to look good to be the best smoke even African black looked crap.

What Nev did was get strains that most would not even considering growing and hybridize them with faster flowering lines to create more practical lines people would grow.The lines would have better flower structure finish faster even at 20 weeks that is way faster than a pure Thai that can take over 3 months to just show sex.

Hashmasta-Kut

honey oil addict
Veteran
HMK, I just did for the first time a Bandaid Haze #7, came out like crap, I underfertilized it, it yellowed too early and did not develop the killer haze high that makes it YoSammy's favorite smoke, and have you seen his pics?

I never said you should give up on anything, I said I'd prefer killer genetics over shitty ones. In the end its what you start with that matters most, not how well you grow it, almost every time. There are always exceptions to every rule.

That plus like Johnny said most people don't have the patience to go the full 16 weeks.
Underdone Haze is in my opinion the quickest way to get Hay.

Haze that goes 20 weeks or more can still be really shitty at best, for example:

My last one is still alive outdoors at around 24 weeks, still white hairs, not rocking, but still doing it. Last test around 20 weeks mature, was the same weak shit as the first grow indoor to 16 weeks.

The next one is weak growing, nute sensitive, and will finish much sooner, but a sample at 8 weeks proves its much better pot. tastier and stonier at 8 weeks than the other at 16.. I'd estimate a stellar grow on it to go 12 weeks possibly a tad more, probably not. Time will tell. So who knows about your opinion, it probably applies to some hazes, sure, but certainly not all.

Elmer Bud

Genotype Sex Worker AKA strain whore
Veteran
The one thing i worked out long ago as have many in the community is a lot of the history behind most things is myth / sales pitches or out right bull shit.

Its a good smoke or its not the rest is a marketing .

The one thing i will give Nev is his story's never changed he could tell you a story then re tell the story years later and ward for ward it was the same.If people made time he was happy to share his knowledge.He was not perfect but who is.

Neville had real Haze MAHA he just never offered it pure.

Now your tune has changed ?
Once upon you wasted endless pages with your version of Haze history . As related to you by Shantibaba who didn`t actually know the real story anyway ...
From New York wasn`t it ?

Nevil said he had 1 Haze female and never reproduced Haze from the seeds he got from Sam .

So what Haze did he have he wasn`t offering pure ?

Donald Mallard

el duck
Veteran
thats true ,
i spoke with nevil on the phone about that one haze female ,
he said it produced 3 lots of seed and still wasnt ready ,
he culled it ,
the seed was ruderalis crosses to shorten flowering time i guess,
he said he regretted killing that female ,
the rest of the haze seeds struck were males ,
the rest is well known history ...

@hempy

The Haze Whisperer
The only information about haze people had to go by was what was posted by Shanti /Sam as Nev did not post until he joined mr nice forum so lets get that out.

I love how people like me who only repeated what Sam and Shanti said on haze are mocked even attacked publicly by set people and yet MAGICALLY the same people dont correct others who have named lines haze that are not even related to haze. You think others dont see it or dont remember the shit that wert down ?.

Nev found 2 males 1 female and the female even after a year would just not finish indoors or have what we would call flowers it was basically leaf.That plant ended up being some of the best smoke.

I dont remember Nev telling me about breeding rudaralis with haze but i can ask as i chat with a close friend of Nevs who was there with him even before Nev got the castle so before he got the haze and was with him for years.

pinkus

Veteran
AstroTHC you have obviously never had a great pure sativa. Too bad. Everything from a terrifying "rocket sled" ride to incredibly euphoric, centering, happy, energy producing, coffee like plants can come from pure sativa lines IME.

Hashmasta-Kut

honey oil addict
Veteran
AstroTHC you have obviously never had a great pure sativa. Too bad. Everything from a terrifying "rocket sled" ride to incredibly euphoric, centering, happy, energy producing, coffee like plants can come from pure sativa lines IME.

He said that was his last post so don't expect an answer if he is true to his word, but ya, I agree.

Elmer Bud

Genotype Sex Worker AKA strain whore
Veteran
@ Hempy

Those red squiggly lines under the words you type are there to tell you, that you have the spelling wrong .

Try right clicking on the words with the red squiggles it will show you how to actually write the words correctly not just phonetically .

Certainly improved my spelling skills .

yesum

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Haze was not a stable line to biggin with.

I saw 50% haze go 18 weeks and could of gone longer i saw NH go 20 weeks .
Hybrids carry across parental traits like high smells structure even things from accentors many generations back can show up.

I had a MH that had the high of LSD so if you think hybrids lack the haze or affect of old school sativas then your not finding the right plants.

What is MH?

yesum

ICMag Donor
Veteran
^^ Thanks. Common enough strain too. Have some Mango Thai seeds, so hoping that would have a chance at LSD effect.

@hempy

The Haze Whisperer
^^ Thanks. Common enough strain too. Have some Mango Thai seeds, so hoping that would have a chance at LSD effect.

If your doing a thread on the Thai i would love to follow along love sativas dont know much about the Mango Thai.

yesum

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Have not popped any seeds yet. I guess the Mango Haze would more likely be a Colombian type blend, maybe no Thai involved. I seem to recall you thought there was Thai in the Original Haze.

Trips are where you find them, and in weed, they are quite uncommon in my experience. hehe

@hempy

The Haze Whisperer
Have not popped any seeds yet. I guess the Mango Haze would more likely be a Colombian type blend, maybe no Thai involved. I seem to recall you thought there was Thai in the Original Haze.

Trips are where you find them, and in weed, they are quite uncommon in my experience. hehe

Yep not a common affect to be found in cannabis these days very rare but they did exist Electric high some called it like a roller coaster peek n down to peek again.

I do think Thai is in haze i am not the only person to say this many like shantibaba Nev and others also think it to.If your from the old school and grew Thais in the 70s or before you would know what i mean .

Betterhaff

Veteran
I have a skunk haze from MNS and you’d swear there was no skunk in it. Had her outside all season then brought her in so have no idea how many days…but she’s still going.

Definitely something lurking in those genes.

I also had one years ago that stunk to high heaven.

@hempy

The Haze Whisperer
I have a skunk haze from MNS and you’d swear there was no skunk in it. Had her outside all season then brought her in so have no idea how many days…but she’s still going.

Definitely something lurking in those genes.

I also had one years ago that stunk to high heaven.

Is that from the Shit haze line i grew the test seed of that saw buds as thick and long as my arm huge plants as tall as NH plants.I remember having a real haze looking plant that had almost black leaf to.

ojd

CONNOISSEUR GENETICS
Vendor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I find it very strange that the crew who worked with Neville in the 80-90's have so much hate for him these days now he is gone.
Did he ghost you when he returned or something as there is alot of missing puzzle here ? , why you so hateful to Neville and on Sam nuts like flys to Dogshit.
You live of Neville plants and you like to disrespect him again and again.

You and your whole crew can't even come close to what Neville( RIP) did for our Cannabis community so dont think you can.
Wow you can pass around a few clones from Neville , good work

harvestreaper

Veteran
dont see any reason for people to argue sam brought the haze an sk from us to europe neville made haze hybrids like the famous nl5 x haze available to the masses<indoor growers> i also understand nl is an american line so thats 3 american lines bred an marketed in holland and for the next 30 years everyone called it dutch skunk lol all sams genetics came from other people as did nevilles its what they did with what they had when they had it that made the diffrence i for one will never forget the first time i smoked haze nl5 haze sk haze sk and nl changed the game forever here in uk