What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

question for sam the skunkman on the original haze

@hempy

The Haze Whisperer
The one thing i worked out long ago as have many in the community is a lot of the history behind most things is myth / sales pitches or out right bull shit.

Its a good smoke or its not the rest is a marketing .

The one thing i will give Nev is his story's never changed he could tell you a story then re tell the story years later and ward for ward it was the same.If people made time he was happy to share his knowledge.He was not perfect but who is.

Neville had real Haze MAHA he just never offered it pure.

MadMac

far beyond driven...
ohhh-haze

ohhh-haze

time for some o-haze pic#s ;-)

here the longer flowering diva... since end july in the tent in 7 liter smart pot's... hope she gives back the care i'll gave her...
still shooting white hairs... every watering i'll tell her to finish now.. but not much response... ;-)
picture.php

and here the o-haze tent with the last 4 ... the one in background and right side are good yielder too...
picture.php

once you get a hang on the haze flavor... you'r addicted...
first samples .. not well cured ... are like THH but more clear...
you can speak normal after smoke... long lasting... positive...
music becomes 3 dimensional
love it!

M.:tiphat:

ojd

CONNOISSEUR GENETICS
Vendor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Neville(RIP) is responsible for putting Haze on the map and for how famous it is

He was passed Haze plants and went to work with them making Haze a household name.

He recieved the Haze from other people so they had it longer than him but still to this day nobody has surpassed Neville as the true Haze king or even come close

Now Neville has passed alot of people like to throw mud at his name but where were you pussy's when Neville was alive ?

Alot of people are bitter and jealous in our industry ( alot) and always try and take away the amazing work and legendary things Neville did, not just Haze but many famous varieties like northen lights , super skunk etc etc , I'm more into Haze so that's what I've followed my whole life.

I have Neville's whole line of strains he made before he passed and will flood the world with them in 2020

Also I will add that the Neville Haze clone I see these days is not a patch on the old Neville Haze .
I smoked Nevil Haze is the High life cup 2 years back and wow I forgot how amazingly potent and tasty it is( I not seen it for around 15 years) the nevil Haze I see in Amsterdam is either taken way to early or is a completely different cut) and if so that's what is getting passed around these days as the old school cut of Nevil Haze.

AstroTHC

New Haze? I have never had any new Haze Hybrid that was better than Original Haze, when it came to the tastes or effects, Nevil (RIP) never sold pure Haze he always made and sold hybrids, they could yield better, but did not have all the effects that the best pure Hazes had, powerfull, very clear, up, psychedelic cerebral high, the best of which were no ceiling, evey puff got you higher.
Nevils Haze, New Haze, why not just develop a new variety with new genetics and a new name instead of using other peoples work?
Orginal Haze was made from Colombian landraces for example. I prefered breeding with landraces as the parents, instead of using selections bred by other Western Cannabis breeders as parents, but that is just my choice I guess? I do love Haze as well as many of the best NLD landraces that were bred by generations of farmers for hundreds of years.

-SamS

If there is Original Haze so strong as u speak,it will be selled no matter how many weeks you bloom, the price would be 3x higher than usual, if it really is some LSD on a stick, I've been smoking for about 30+ years. That Maha likes you or you yourself can also mean that you have to smoke 24'7 and that you can't do without the grass and endure for a long time, so you don't want the heavy effects of strong indica hybrids. All in all, pure haze can only be worshiped by people who have unlimited amounts of grass and who smoke from when they get up to bed. For most people and smokers, ordinary SSH is incomparably better than any pure haze. Likewise, one is your opinion, the other is the real evidence that the market presents in this case. SK and Haze you made were garbage unstable shit plants. But after coming to NL and after hybridizing, Haze gained its fame. Never i heard of SAM and Haze
until i started researching canna seed business more.

Someone who smoke late at night dont wont any Haze even JH and SSH are shit strains to them Cannabis is always Sativa and it means that it has beeinh used by humen form some purpose. There is no best Haze or best strain. It is all by purpose of using.
Maha isnt working class i think that it is some kind of village man who dont have time and stress through day like city folks. So he need lil bit of stress taking by joint and it is fine. People who work all day will shit on haze unsleapable shit and if they are not stoned and sleepy they will say that it is shit.
I myself grow many hazes and didnt find anything good if i smoke lil j normal like OG kush or ssh 0.4-0.5 i fell just speedy clear head not any heavy feeling i had to smoke about 10-12 splifs a day. I dont like it cuz im sport guy. then i get nervous more and smoke big one about 1g and then things go bad. But again you cant smoke 1g of good grown OG so it is stronger. But what i like with hazes u can take them before some party or hanging with friends and u wont be stupid just funny. It has it uses but lots of people dosent like pure hazes maybe 1 ot of 10 will like these efects. Neville and all breeders they want to satisfy the market. And for that matter, SAM could have learned a lot from Neville, because all in all, when someone mentions Haze, everyone remembers Amsterdam, Coffeshop and Neville's best breeds.

I have learned from many growers and breeders, even Nevil.
He showed me a method to collect resin with water that an American had taught him the week before. He was the first to show me Ruderalis varieties, interesting even if none of his Rudys are remembered or saved today, he also tried to use imported Indica seeds he picked up in Pakistan to develop a variety he called Mazar I grew it once and never again, Nevil did his best work combining others work is what I saw.
Remember when I met him was long before Cannabis Castle and he was growing outdoors next to his apartment and he was growing shit seeds. I helped him learn to grow the right genetics, as well as shared my decade of Cannabis cultivation techniques outdoors and in greenhouses with him, he did share what he knew but he had grown just a year or two. This was early 1980's.
Many people have a very high opinion of Nevil, others that maybe did biz with him may have felt different, like I did. He was the first to sell seeds to anyone that would send him cash internationally. I had already sold seeds for a decade but you had to buy them from a friend of a friend of a friend like you had to buy weed back in the 60's, 70's.
That is how it was, no internet, no advertising in magaizines or newspapers, but slowly it did change and I am proud of helping that change.
Once great seeds were available, as well as lights for indoor growing, and saving the best plants and using clones to make crops the Cannabis world changed and was unstopable. Today it is legal, taxed and regulated in many areas, both for medical, and recreational uses. I fought for this for 50+ years. I still hope to see this world wide everywhere by any adult for any use be it Industrial, Recreational or Medical. Enough people have gone to jail for growing a plant.

-SamS

Last edited by a moderator:

AstroTHC

When i see what MADMAC grow. To me, that seems like a stupid and pointless time.
I know most cannabis smokers wouldn't even want to look at it.
let alone smoke or give money for it.
But everyone has their own tastes and preferences, and the tastes are undisputed.
Maybe if i smoke your favourite Haze cut i will say that is bland rubish. Also what you will say about my favourite haze hybrid.

It is foolish to compare HAze and haze hybrid when the hybrid is designed to be stronger and to flower shorter. And in terms of strength, indica and indica are the dominant hybrids stronger than sativa ALWAYS !!!!!. But who loves Haze high clean it can't be obtained by hybridizing, then you need clean hazes and huge selections otherwise you will be smoking hemp like phenos. From pure hazes unsmokable crap for many,holygrail for someone like MAHA,MAC and SAM.

AstroTHC

Nevils Haze, New Haze, why not just develop a new variety with new genetics and a new name instead of using other peoples work?
Orginal Haze was made from Colombian landraces for example. I prefered breeding with landraces as the parents, instead of using selections bred by other Western Cannabis breeders as parents, but that is just my choice I guess? I do love Haze as well as many of the best NLD landraces that were bred by generations of farmers for hundreds of years.

Why dont you make something new then just reseling seeds from Haze brothers ???
You Made skunk and Haze and skunk haze.
None of this even has the approximate reputation like SSH or Amnesia...Neville was legend,father of modern seed business,transparent breeder and what are you ???
You had everything Neville started with, why didn't you do anything near it ???
It doesn't matter how old you are, but I see that you have failed to get rid of your baby's jealousy.

willydread

Dread & Alive
Veteran
This thread is always more fun, then some comparisons are absurd, comparing haze and northern lights is like comparing beer and wine ....
They are totally different, they have a different high, there is no better or worse, it is simply different ...
The market will never pay the haze well, 90% of customers want hard, resinous buds that make you zombies with half a spliff ...
If this is good grass, I gladly keep my crap ...
(Ps I have nothing against you, but I often hear these absurd discourses)

SolarLogos

here the longer flowering diva... since end july in the tent in 7 liter smart pot's... hope she gives back the care i'll gave her...
still shooting white hairs... every watering i'll tell her to finish now.. but not much response... ;-)
View Image

and here the o-haze tent with the last 4 ... the one in background and right side are good yielder too...
View Image

love it!

That is insane MM! In my book, you grow the very best hazes, no question about it. All your haze lines are unmatched. Thanks again MM, I always love your shows, no one does it better IMHO.
Peace, God bless

bigherb

Veteran
Astro

Key word is opinion

But you can only have an opinion from an experience . 99% of the mentioned market have never smoked a pure sativa let alone pure OHaze

Don’t be fooled by your limited experience with Haze or Sativa . Guarantee for a blast into outer space or Your bell will get rang or head will spin if you get the proper smoke . The stories about the weed of yesteryear are not all exaggerated

Please share your experience , but do so respectfully

I’d walk over 10 pounds of OG Kush for 1 pound of select OHaze

1luvbigherb

bigherb

Veteran

View Image

View Image

love it!

The Diva is she the old 90’s OHaze via ? via Sams , seedsman OH or THH . Sorry it’s hard to keep up with your Haze jungle

The Diva is gorgeous I’m intrigued as to how she will smoke and taste

I also love the look of the OHaze on the left , what a wild beauty

Thank for sharing, Best wishes

1luvbigherb

TheDarkStorm

Maybe its time to let go ov all this agro from the two haze camps..nevil god rest his soul has gone now..only sam an nevil know wat went on between them...each of them both did ther seprate work and went ther separate ways with a line that originated from the same place that was know as the haze..we each as individuals like different things so will follow the direction that works for ourselves...but that dont mean that that direction will work for another...sam an nevil both hav done great things for our community, an despite wat one says deep down I believe for the actual efort work an time these guys hav put in we all have great respect for that....nevils gone now an is no longer able to speak for himself cuz his life has gone...rather all the nonsense just be grateful that you are alive...let those who've passed on be at peace an think youreselves lucky to be alive...

F2F

^^ this. :laughing:
Astro

Key word is opinion

But you can only have an opinion from an experience . 99% of the mentioned market have never smoked a pure sativa let alone pure OHaze

Don’t be fooled by your limited experience with Haze or Sativa . Guarantee for a blast into outer space or Your bell will get rang or head will spin if you get the proper smoke . The stories about the weed of yesteryear are not all exaggerated

Please share your experience , but do so respectfully

I’d walk over 10 pounds of OG Kush for 1 pound of select OHaze

1luvbigherb

AstroTHC

Dont be Black or White boys.
I told my opinion only what makes me nervous is that fire on Neville.
Why someone compare NL x Haze to pure Haze uncomaparable.
If you grow pure hazes lots of them are hemp like. Few up high classic. One in 100 is rocket lunch drunk like high but positive and smile inducing elctric to body
. But never strong as indica x sativa hybrid in strong way. Hybrid is always stronger !!!!
I have my Haze cut searched from seed what Eddy from tfd gives me long time ago it is the most resinous and hard metalic lemon smelling pure haze i found. High is long lasting and up but i only smoke them if i am at home all day doing nothing.
But most times i prefered indica hybrids if i am active haze make me nervous and my body want to realax.
But this LSD on stick is like lil kids when they collect stickers'' I will get thet 1 in pack somwhere MAD MAC is growing hazes so long he never found LSD on stick it is commercial myth.

Why do you think that you opinion is more valuable than others some pople want to smoke herb and go to sleep that is fine.
Maybe you are smoking all day if you do so you only want to smoke pure haze cuz if you do with bubba kush you will fall a sleep. After 3d joint.
Evrithing have its purpose but LSD on stick or shits like that is just marketing.

Sativas are being breed in wild to help people like coke or coffe to open their lungs and to work esier in humid and hot climates.
Because there is not much stress from changing weather on humans in the tropics and heat affects people's ability to work. So they need stimulating effect of sativas(hazes to easy their lifes)
Also in Afg,Paki,India monatains
the climate is changeable(stressful) and it takes hard work like digging etc ... and it's natural that after such work people need something to put them to sleep and relax their muscles like indicas.

And from this indicas and sativas all hazes kushes are coming from.
purpose matters, nothing is better or worse just different.

As for Sam and Neville, I think the only difference is that Neville gave to people the best genetics but pharmacy (in soul he was more communist seeds to the people :p).
If it were not among the people, pharmacy would be able to protect it with patent rights and SAM would be a billionaire himself.
Rarely would anyone forgive such a thing to anyone.

I think that lots of you smoking bad weed cuz if you smoke good weed you brain will stop being like robot on/off 1 or 2.the truth is always in middle.
This is my last post on Icmag.

You can change the world, but not really people.

You must use all the knowledge you possess to get the truth,
one's beliefs are the greatest adversary of truth.

Peace to all grow and love.

RandyCalifornia

Well endowed member
Veteran
Shitty smoke is crappy grown herb, anyone can do it we do not have total control as much as we like to think, there is no Black or White.

Good herb is like I've always said as long as I been growing or smoking. "It's all good just different" to each his own preference.
There's a lot of room to fuck up from seed to harvest, way to many variables to control along the way, genetics and pedigree are important but no guarantee.
A good Haze or anything else for a superior experience has to be nailed to be fully realized. The range of experiences one can have vary according to how well those traits are expressed for that particular individual.

Hashmasta-Kut

honey oil addict
Veteran
But still, I'd rather have killer genetics and mediocre growing quality over shitty genetics and great growing quality. A crappy grown excellent plant still gets you ripped, but if you grow a huge crop of 7 week big bud really well, you still gets tons of weak shit (with bag appeal :D).

JohnnyChicago

This thread is always more fun, then some comparisons are absurd, comparing haze and northern lights is like comparing beer and wine ....
They are totally different, they have a different high, there is no better or worse, it is simply different ...
The market will never pay the haze well, 90% of customers want hard, resinous buds that make you zombies with half a spliff ...
If this is good grass, I gladly keep my crap ...
(Ps I have nothing against you, but I often hear these absurd discourses)

It's more like comparing something like bordeaux wines that have to mature for years, to standard red wines that you can drink directly and have no need to wait to get drunk.

People also make the same mistake with bordeaux wine that they do with hazes or pure sativas. They don't have the patience to bring them to full maturation and then they say it's not worth it.Like all the reports of people saying Seedsman Original Haze being hay.

MadMac

far beyond driven...
The Diva is she the old 90’s OHaze via ? via Sams
yes...
that's what makes her interesting...

It's more like comparing something like bordeaux wines that have to mature for years, to standard red wines that you can drink directly and have no need to wait to get drunk.

People also make the same mistake with bordeaux wine that they do with hazes or pure sativas. They don't have the patience to bring them to full maturation and then they say it's not worth it.Like all the reports of people saying Seedsman Original Haze being hay.

so well said...!!!
nothing to add
many thx ...

still wondering who is smoking here the wrong weed ???
@AstroTHC

would love to see some plant pic's from your grow's...

if you really interested ... you can look in my albums here...
and you'll find it all... from rar African to Zamal...

enjoy

keptwalking

As someone looking to get some haze seeds going, whats the choice? Old timers haze from ace? some stuff from cannabiogen? the tomhill reboot from realgorilla? Dont mind running multiple packs but I would really like to get something strong and psychedelic running.