What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

question for sam the skunkman on the original haze

MAHA KALA

atomizing haze essence
Veteran
I found neville´s haze crosses better than NH itself. I crossed that bohemps cut with THH and my friend found haze of his dreams, I have to test it myself. I think its always better if that northernlights/hawaian is triple hazed than just double hazed :D

MAHA KALA

atomizing haze essence
Veteran
gotta agree with you for sure mk,
some stuff that is super strong , isnt that nice and not stuff i would reach for on a regular basis at all ,
i prefer the feel good stuff ,,

the other is kinda fun to have around for friends that say nothing gets them high though ,, lol ..

sure its strong, but I found stronger and more interesting ones. will not mention laos again, just those guys in mekong area have better gear than seedbanks, right. I found choc thai pheno of trainwreck/choc thai x THH. here´s report.
trainwreck/chocthai x thh I grew and smoked, was one of the most potent. after smoking the world became really silent, everything silent. dont hear anything. you just feel it, something strong is coming. tension and awaiting of unknown. get sweaty and pale. cant breathe enough, low heartbeat, almost no heartbeat.. big pressure in head.. you get worries about your health, thats initial kick like 30 minutes, after that everything comes noisy and more noisy, heartbeat goes up. after a while you can hear strong wind even there is no wind. and uncontrollable laughs in like three waves. always same effect. after that light is coming, everything gets soaked in enlightenment and deep understanding. and you step out of it with peaceful mind, feeling like there is no worry and everything is all right.. lasting like 4,5 hours.. crooking and terrorizing mind first, then funny psychedelic ride that is loosing itself in meditative state.. really potent.

Limeygreen

Veteran
It's a shame that Neville has left this earth, his grail project was interrupted too early I bet he would have released some really crazy hybrids with his nevilles haze selections, who else has a proper nevilles anymore, it doesn't seem like she's around a great deal.

@hempy

The Haze Whisperer
It's a shame that Neville has left this earth, his grail project was interrupted too early I bet he would have released some really crazy hybrids with his nevilles haze selections, who else has a proper nevilles anymore, it doesn't seem like she's around a great deal.

Neville's last work from what i was told will be released in time i use to talk to him daily then around 2015 we had a fall out.We mended bridges a month before he past away.

Nev did hit his goals quietly he took a new direction to the old haze blood line towards a new blood line of what he called the new haze.

bigherb

Veteran
Neville's last work from what i was told will be released in time i use to talk to him daily then around 2015 we had a fall out.We mended bridges a month before he past away.

Nev did hit his goals quietly he took a new direction to the old haze blood line towards a new blood line of what he called the new haze.

Very interesting

This is a first I’ve heard .. I’m curious to know more about it

1luvbigherb

Sam_Skunkman

"RESIN BREEDER"
Veteran
New Haze? I have never had any new Haze Hybrid that was better than Original Haze, when it came to the tastes or effects, Nevil (RIP) never sold pure Haze he always made and sold hybrids, they could yield better, but did not have all the effects that the best pure Hazes had, powerfull, very clear, up, psychedelic cerebral high, the best of which were no ceiling, evey puff got you higher.
Nevils Haze, New Haze, why not just develop a new variety with new genetics and a new name instead of using other peoples work?
Orginal Haze was made from Colombian landraces for example. I prefered breeding with landraces as the parents, instead of using selections bred by other Western Cannabis breeders as parents, but that is just my choice I guess? I do love Haze as well as many of the best NLD landraces that were bred by generations of farmers for hundreds of years.

-SamS

robotwithdreams

Veteran
New Haze? I have never had any new Haze Hybrid that was better than Original Haze, when it came to the tastes or effects, Nevil (RIP) never sold pure Haze he always made and sold hybrids, they could yield better, but did not have all the effects that the best pure Hazes had, powerfull, very clear, up, psychedelic cerebral high, the best of which were no ceiling, evey puff got you higher.
Nevils Haze, New Haze, why not just develop a new variety with new genetics and a new name instead of using other peoples work?
Orginal Haze was made from Colombian landraces for example. I prefered breeding with landraces as the parents, instead of using selections bred by other Western Cannabis breeders as parents, but that is just my choice I guess? I do love Haze as well as many of the best NLD landraces that were bred by generations of farmers for hundreds of years.

-SamS

Amen!
I do wonder which other nld chemovars sam the skunkman is enjoying lately.

B

Benny106

Probably 99.9% trichome hash of the finest hazes, harvested by the naked bodies of the hottest European ladies.:tiphat:

@hempy

The Haze Whisperer
@hempy, when did you start spelling correctly?

Spell Check great tool

-SamS

Hi Sam long time well Ace called an unknown sativa line that wolfman resurrected haze so it is not that uncommon in the industry lots call things haze that are unrelated to the real haze.

Correct Nev never sold pure haze he told me one of the best haze smokes came from a pure haze that would never finish years ago he grew.The haze hybrids Nev did were practical hybrids yes some what of a compromise but even with them people complained of long flowering.I saw 50% haze go 18 weeks and NH go longer but no one can say his work did not have a following.

The new things Nev was working on some had haze in them others did not he used new genetics and it was a completely new direction new haze meaning new sativa dominant direction he took.

A

@hempy

The Haze Whisperer
Also the Strains of the 70s 80s many had before the dutch seed seen started were stable a lot of the lines are still being grown but many are now not that willing to share as they dont want the genetics ending up in industry hands.

I my self think haze has Thai / [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] Colombian in its ancestry
[/FONT]

Donald Mallard

el duck
Veteran
gotta agree with sam to be honest ,
no offence to nevil or yourself hempy ,

but he should or could have just called it nevs sativa , or something like that

he had a name of his own so why not use it ...

he was a clever fella , im sure he could have thought of another name and still had a following for the variety he made ...

how did uncle tonys colombian ever go hempy ,,
did that look a little like some hazes you grew ??,

given we were all mostly growing hybrids from haze ,
it would be hard to tell if there was thai or not ,
maybe the other parent had some thai , ie the northen lights,
im sure if sam says there was no thai in the haze then there was no thai in it ...

@hempy

The Haze Whisperer
gotta agree with sam to be honest ,
no offence to nevil or yourself hempy ,

but he should or could have just called it nevs sativa , or something like that

he had a name of his own so why not use it ...

he was a clever fella , im sure he could have thought of another name and still had a following for the variety he made ...

how did uncle tonys colombian ever go hempy ,,
did that look a little like some hazes you grew ??,

im sure if sam says there was no thai in the haze then there was no thai in it ...

Nev never called any strain haze that did not have haze in it all Nevs work like NH SSH NLHZ and G13HZ had haze in the ancestry.
Ace have OT haze and [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][/FONT]how many others call things haze that are not related to the Seed Line Sam took to the dam lots.

Nev new work is not called the new haze i never said it was the new haze was how he described the new sativa direction he was going.To be honest when i re made contact with him and found out he had cancer the the thing i cared about was his work.

The Colombian is good mate loves it did a post at mrnice but before i left i edited all my posts removed all.

I grew lots of different Thais Colombians and a few other things from the late 70s on Up until Shanti MH 2001/2002 i thought dutch genetics was rubbish.The first thing i noticed growing heavy haze hybrids was it reminded me of Thai.Not all phinos but the ones that threw to the heavy haze side of the spectrum.The Haze high i think can express Thai or Colombian or a mix of both.You know the NL affect i call it a dirty unpleasant affect.

MAHA KALA

atomizing haze essence
Veteran
I suggest to call neville´s haze: northern lights x hawaian doubled hazed :D. its not real haze. it cant stand next to excellent original haze, no way. it lacks a lot. its just easier to grow indoor. when I hear that its almost pure haze, I know that person saying that doesnt know OH at all.. as well as guys who say it needs to be crossed to be potent LOL internet bullshit...

@hempy

The Haze Whisperer
I suggest to call neville´s haze: northern lights x hawaian doubled hazed :D. its not real haze. it cant stand next to excellent original haze, no way. it lacks a lot. its just easier to grow indoor. when I hear that its almost pure haze, I know that person saying that doesnt know OH at all.. as well as guys who say it needs to be crossed to be potent LOL internet bullshit...

Is that why Neville won so many cups because his Haze lines were so crap ?.

Donald Mallard

el duck
Veteran
Nev never called any strain haze that did not have haze in it all Nevs work like NH SSH NLHZ and G13HZ had haze in the ancestry.
Ace have OT haze and how many others call things haze that are not related to the Seed Line Sam took to the dam lots.

Nev new work is not called the new haze i never said it was the new haze was how he described the new sativa direction he was going.To be honest when i re made contact with him and found out he had cancer the the thing i cared about was his work.

The Colombian is good mate loves it did a post at mrnice but before i left i edited all my posts removed all.

I grew lots of different Thais Colombians and a few other things from the late 70s on Up until Shanti MH 2001/2002 i thought dutch genetics was rubbish.The first thing i noticed growing heavy haze hybrids was it reminded me of Thai.Not all phinos but the ones that threw to the heavy haze side of the spectrum.The Haze high i think can express Thai or Colombian or a mix of both.You know the NL affect i call it a dirty unpleasant affect.
ahh my mistake man , sorry about that i must have jumped the gun on my post without checking things out properly ,

nice to hear the colombian came out well ,
feel free to share about it man ,
we would all love to hear im sure ,

i have a few sorts of colombian seeds in my stash that id love to break out , might sneak a few at a mates later in the season ,

its a bit dry here , so later should be better and chance of avoiding the monsoon during flower ....

if i can find anything like the colombian gold i tried when i was a younger pup id be real pleased ..

i too have preferred the up high on the older varieties we used to have , some were a bit paranoid inducing ,
others gave a smile that ive not encountered much since ,
there was some good stuff around in oz back in the day thats for sure ...

MAHA KALA

atomizing haze essence
Veteran

I think that there can be two possibilities, one is like you said, that hawaian in NL5 is thai or contains good portion of thai genetics. or.. original mix contained colombian gold, which can be golden thai brought to Colombia. similar to Kona Gold in Hawaii that shares similar traits with CG or Golden Thai. only speculation though :D

MAHA KALA

atomizing haze essence
Veteran
Nevils Haze, New Haze, why not just develop a new variety with new genetics and a new name instead of using other peoples work? -SamS

its question for guys in legal states. my answer to question why not? would be: because of police.. the guy, who shared with us that precious Laos genetics, was shot to death by police. RIP.