What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

question for sam the skunkman on the original haze

Dr. Purpur

Custom Haze crosses
Veteran
hello,
well just checked my flower room...
and from all 9 plants one stand out by resin coverage...
she just started to flower... so in 12 weeks the resin will drip from the stem and flowers like honey haha...
will see...

o-haze resin queen.... sticky like hell
View Image

View Image

View Image

smell is metallic hazy ... like some THH too
smells really potent .. hope it will be @ the end...

get hazed'
i'am
M.:tiphat:

That's what Tom used to talk about back in the day when I hung out with him on here. He said watch for trichomes on the stems. Those are the ones you want!

Metallic! I grew several of those! Soaring high. Not much yield, but who cares! Yield is down the list of what we are looking for.

You found a gem!

englishrick

Plumber/Builder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Yeh man,,evaluation of male with tricks is good too,, i also find crushing gland an intresting method of selecting,

But yeh,, tricks in on female's in veg,,, very nice!!

Dr.King

Veteran
Very impressive hazes. Always love seeing them and miss growing them. Don't have room atm to grow any.

I've grown many Sativas/Hazes out and I will say to this day Ace's Oldtimer's Haze is by far the best. When you smoke grams of it, it sure does put you into another world. I still remember looking into stuff after I smoked a full blunt of 6 month cured OTH. Stuff looked completely different and all trippy. Laughing for hours was fun :laughing:. Enjoy those beans and happy growing.

SUPER_HAZE

I would like to buy several packages of Tom Hill Haze. 2 or 3 to be able to choose something good but it is too much money for some seeds ... If someday madmac makes f2 with the best, then I will buy some depending on the price. Thank you for your work.

SUPER_HAZE

I mean those. For me too expensive when you have to search to find something good as madmac says. 3 packages of almost 300$.

yesum

ICMag Donor
Veteran
^^ I doubt you will have to search far to get a good plant. I got a good THH x Thai with one plant. Also, you can make f2's from the plants you grow or self a female.

funkyhorse

I am afraid I am the one who provoked this thinking. I was thinking loud voice at CC forum and I am not really aware of the range of forums and how many people might read this

I hope this is taken as constructive criticism and nothing else. I am not aware of the commercial interests in the cannabusiness being affected with these posts and I am not intending to affect any

A basic business law says customers are always right, so this is just the point of view of a customer

We customers, have been kindly informed that we might be able to find one stellar plant out of 10 or even 20 plants. This means that from the first 10 plants we grow the only decent plant might be a male.

I think this is the 1 pheno in 16 of the F2's Punnett Square?
So basically we are being asked as customers to pay 100$ to find/dig one decent plant in a pack.
So if you want to have a shot at this genetics we must buy at least 5 packs or maybe 10 packs in order to have a better chance to identify the 1 in 10 plant.
This means that we must pay 100$ in order to have the privilege to dig one plant out of ten after 6 months work,be it male or female, wait for another 3 months to cure it, keep all the plants as clones in vegetative form for one year if we want to reproduce this

Raco has already done this preservation at F2.
How come an F3 is more expensive than an F2 or an original???

The only field where I find a copy or repro is more expensive than the original release is in the cannabis world and it doesnt make any sense at all.

At this development of the genetics, the only thing that makes sense is to make selection
If I understand Mendel genetics laws, if you mix the 4 phenos you find at F2 you should get at least 16 phenos at F3.

Questions:
1) Why do you preserve hays? You are asking 100$ per pack only to find 90% of it is lettuce, it hits like lettuce and it has no high, you can use it in your salads or in your curry like lettuce. So the price is 100$ per plant male or female...it can be at least 200$ or more for a single decent trippy female

2) What is the point of making a genetic preservation with all the plants we dont want nor need? The kind of people who would want to try these genetics are cannasseurs, this is gourmet genetics. Newbies would never try a plant like this, they will search for your auto Nutella Kush ready in 30 days

3) Nobody would complain for the price if the product received is 100% top notch.

This is certainly not the case
When you get lettuce from 9 out of 10 plants and you want 100$ per pack, my first thinking is: are you aware, do you know how much cock you need to suck in the third world where these plants originated for 100$?

4) Super Haze is just mentioning 3 packs cost 300$ and that would not be enough to preserve the genetics if done with love to the plant and not love to the money. That price is a monthly salary at third world countries, it is really a lack of respect to the genetics and the customers.

The big question is: what are we buying as customers?
I always thought when I buy a pack, I am buying the genetics and I am finding out this is not true.
In order to get the genetics I need an F1 and the commercial releases are minimum F2 or more. Phenotype party.

Do you really think an F3 is worth 100$ a plant????
I hope you all can reconsider this and release this 1 in 10 packs for 10$ and proper selections done with the stellar 1 in 10 plants be sold for the 10$ a seed you are requesting now. If we get a pack of 10 stellar seeds for 100$, nobody would say a word

We as customers are simply requesting a little bit of lubricant/vaseline because the prices being requested are literally ass breaking prices

This brings a lot of questioning about policy prices
Do you understand that at third world countries, prices of the finnished product being sold at pharmacies by your canadian corpos is 1$ a gram?

Do you want 100$ for a 50% chance to get a decent trippy female? 300$ for a better chance to get that stellar female plant?

None of us customers would be complaining if the pack would contain seeds made 100% top notch plants being selected for potency and quality of high

Just my 0,02$ and I hope it is in taken in the spirit of creating a brainstorming and improvement of quality of life for all of us

Elmer Bud

Genotype Sex Worker AKA strain whore
Veteran
This is certainly not the case
When you get lettuce from 9 out of 10 plants and you want 100$ per pack, my first thinking is: are you aware, do you know how much cock you need to suck in the third world where these plants originated for 100$?
G `day FH

Just one or two penises if you `re lucky .
Pay for your flights and accom . Then add the time away from work and family .Pay a local guide . Then spend say 5 years breeding it Add that to the price of your 2 head job 3rd world seeds and see what they cost then .

How`s that for perspective ?

Thanks for sharin

EB .

SUPER_HAZE

We are talking about Haze Tom Hill, not a local variety brought and worked for years. This haze comes from Raco and Tom Hill, before positronics, before Sam and before who knows ...

How many generations do you already have? Anyway, what seed banks look for landraces varieties and work them for years? Because trsc sells them recently brought and at most a reproduction of the originals. Even so cheaper than these seeds F...??

MAHA KALA

atomizing haze essence
Veteran
^^ I doubt you will have to search far to get a good plant. I got a good THH x Thai with one plant. Also, you can make f2's from the plants you grow or self a female.
not the same man. F1s provide better chance to find a keeper, than inbred line of haze. and no original haze based seedline is full of keepers, of course, it depends what is standard for you. you cant make F2 from Tom Hill Haze as its not F1---

JohnnyChicago

You had better to buy Seedsman Original Haze seeds when they were sold for 18$ a pack, but there you probably thought they were to cheap to be good enough for you.

MAHA KALA

atomizing haze essence
Veteran
also I still think that Tom Hill Haze is selection of OH, not reproduction of it.. if you use lesser number of plants for reproduction, you will loose some genes, inevitable fact. if you use less than thousand, its not reproduction because of loss of some genes.

Donald Mallard

el duck
Veteran
hey funky ,,

id take ebs word on the penis sucking , he seems to know what he is talking about there.

anyhow re the th haze , its not f2 and f3 , its an inbred line that has already been reproduced ,

secondly tom was referring to 1 in 20 being tripping weed ...

not 19 being hay and one being decent ...

MAHA KALA

atomizing haze essence
Veteran
sure they are not hay, but it doesnt mean its keeper, unless keeper is something average. you grew enough of THHs Donald. can I ask? do you keep some THH female? if not, then could I think its sign that although you found some good plants, you didnt find keeper up to your standard? :D

on the other side, using THH males is the way to get F1 where almost every plant will be keeper. I think to cross it with landraces is right project to get best of it. reproduction of Original Haze is for people who can grow thousands of plants..

Donald Mallard

el duck
Veteran
yea i think tom actually amended that statement maha ,
maybe its more like 1 in 100 , or something like that ,
added that in conditions that are not ideal for those sativas ,
they might be even harder to find or assess at the least ...

im sure sam touched on the subject of hybridizing hazes and finding plants better than both parents ,, im sure its pretty accurate given what folks like ourselves have seen and tried ...

bigtacofarmer

Veteran
sure they are not hay, but it doesnt mean its keeper, unless keeper is something average. you grew enough of THHs Donald. can I ask? do you keep some THH female? if not, then could I think its sign that although you found some good plants, you didnt find keeper up to your standard? :D

on the other side, using THH males is the way to get F1 where almost every plant will be keeper. I think to cross it with landraces is right project to get best of it. reproduction of Original Haze is for people who can grow thousands of plants..

Which hazes available in seed form do you feel has the best chance of finding keepers?

JohnnyChicago

Take FD Original Haze and make a cross with your favorite female clone and you will be surprised how good it is. Often much better then either parent.

Also I have suggested many times that Original Haze is "breeding material" not great commercial growing materials, but you seem to only notice what you want to notice. It is the only pure Original Haze available.

BTW, I bet most of the Hazes, my Original Haze or not, out there will improve most female Indica blood clones. And most clones do have Indica in them.

-SamS

(All the posts I quoted, are out of this thread)

Outcrossing Original haze will improve overall quality of both parents, I can confirm this too, but you will loose some of these things that for many of us are important in pure Haze:

the qualities I liked in Haze?
Potent, up, electric, speedy, clear, cerebral, euphoric, psychedelic, energetic, mental, as well as no ceiling, every time you take a hit you get higher and get rushes. Makes folks turn white and get low blood pressure and pass out when they stand up, get paranoid. I like it and do not get too high, that is what I like. Along with the right terpenes, and none of the wrong ones, for taste and effects.
I found purple haze maybe more potent but more physical, I liked the silver-blue and lime-green better.
-SamS

Last edited:

MAHA KALA

atomizing haze essence
Veteran
Which hazes available in seed form do you feel has the best chance of finding keepers?

heh bro I didnt buy seeds in ages. last I grew cut of SI from chimera. based on the cut I think I can recommend it. and mns mango haze ibl seems like the way to go.. I would rather recommend Mustafunk´s THH27 x jamaican or Donald´s Laos x Mango haze ibl, but they are not available. I recommend you to make some haze friends.

MAHA KALA

atomizing haze essence
Veteran
yea i think tom actually amended that statement maha ,
maybe its more like 1 in 100 , or something like that ,
added that in conditions that are not ideal for those sativas ,
they might be even harder to find or assess at the least ...

im sure sam touched on the subject of hybridizing hazes and finding plants better than both parents ,, im sure its pretty accurate given what folks like ourselves have seen and tried ...

I see indoor environment also bit problematic for these pure tropical plants - reason why we can hear about hay plants, its tropical outdoor plant or greenhouse. especially tom hill haze can take cold like a champ and continue to flower in northern greenhouse, buuuuut still its better in warm weather, loves hot nights. tropical variety. you in tropics, you know it better than me. indoor one needs big pots, constant temperature, not hot. super duper ventilation, 10/14 light regime. intense lighting and some red light towards the end of flowering, but still.. same plant grows much thinner and fragile flowers, than in greenhouse. where its more dense, robust and chunky. terpenes are more complex too.

Latest posts

Latest posts