What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

question for sam the skunkman on the original haze

MadMac

far beyond driven...
What UVB nm exactly are you using on your plants?
hello,
thx for feedback!
very interesting info... was looking long time for something like that :)
well i use Osram far red and SSC VIOSYS UV CUN66A1B @365nm
when i made my setup the other where not easy to get hands on... so i'll uses these.
it's really hard to get hands on powerful led in this special segment ...
would like to try those... but UVB is also dangerous for skin and eyes... so one has to be careful ...

here is far red in action... have same amount led for UVB but not easy to take a pic of...
picture.php

thx
M.:tiphat:
P.S. can not upload images anymore... is there a limit? don't want to delete my old pictures... it's so good for research and info...

Nirrity

thank you Sam, i was always puzzled by this uvb mystery but it never came to my mind that by default i was thinking about more or less correct uv-b wavelenghts below 300 nm. at the time i was using broadband Philips TL 12 series lamp instead of narrowband Philips TL 01 and never specify wavelenghts when talking to people, even though both TL 12 (290-315 nm) and TL 01 (311 nm peak) are considered UV-B.

OldCoolSativa

280-290 nm is at the high-frequency end of the UVB spectrum, right next to UVC. A quick google search shows LEDs at these wavelengths are available but the ones I saw are very low power (45mW @ 285nm). I haven't looked into how much power one would need for them to be effective, but I suspect an array of multiple 285 nm LEDs would be required to supplement my 640W COB setup. UV radiation is nasty shit, fucks up your eyes and is proven to cause skin cancer. I have a history of malignant melanoma in my family, and UVB simply isn't worth the risk IMO.

Dave Coulier

Veteran
Hey mac, check out this link for increasing your photo limit, but it requires becoming a subscriber to ICMAG. You'll get up to 1million pics, 5gigs of storage for em. Im about 550 pics away from hitting my upload limit, so Ill probably become a subscriber myself before too long.

G

P.S. can not upload images anymore... is there a limit? don't want to delete my old pictures... it's so good for research and info...

Ι 've hit the limits I think 2 years ago...:biggrin: Since then I use imgur.com (free) and upload the direct link with the pic icon.

Hashmasta-Kut

honey oil addict
Veteran
there is no chance for haze to finish properly at your climate.

Well to tell the truth, the cedar trees are dying at a rapid rate, this once rainforest area, the coast of BC, isn't really one anymore. We get extended warm dry periods the last few years; if this year was like last, i could have had 20 weeks of outdoor growing time, but this one ended more normally. I had an original haze x original haze x skunk #1 that worked well last year, at over 18 weeks. Many years lately we can grow long flowering strains up here if you early trip of course, thats given even with indica strains imo mostly, I always do. Squids that used to nest in cali are doing it in alaska now, and the salmon are leaving this area, heading up north for cooler waters.

willydread

Dread & Alive
Veteran
If you want an advice, plant it at the beginning of May in a small pot, 0.5 lt, and at the end of June transplant it into a large pot or better still into the ground ....
Global warming is serious thing....

MadMac

far beyond driven...
O-Haze

O-Haze

hello haze lovers,
here just a few o-haze images that made my day...

seeds are ready ... one of my fav o-haze lady's :)
picture.php

all o-haze... all different... all great... middle is a medicine girl...
she smells very strong metallic chemical poison... really dangerous...
from grow structure absolute Tom Hill like... i'll found same expressions in THH...
picture.php

uhhh my fav fasciated o-haze... amazing bud... compact and huge!
smell is also metal hazy .. diesel metal maybe... also just amazing...
this is the bud structure i'm after... o-haze goodness
picture.php

picture.php

so compact tasty looking bud's is really rar to be found in the haze pool... very happy that i'll have 1 from 30...
picture.php

get hazed'
i'am full on hehe
M.

Sam_Skunkman

"RESIN BREEDER"
Veteran
MadMac,
What you call O Haze Predator Haze where did the seeds come from? I ask because one of my favorite haze mother clones I used to make Kgs of O Haze seeds was also fasciated I used it for 25 years as I like the progeny it gave when I grew them out, I found a few fasciated progeny from them.
She was a funny clone because when small it was not really fasciated but when taller than 3-5 feet it would become fasciated every time, primarally on the middle stock on top.
To be honest the fasciated flower was a bit smaller bracts and a bit less resin then the unfasciated parts of the plant, but I did love the smoke and resin.
I grow my plants 12-15 feet tall in my greenhouse, especially for evealuations of from seed plants I like big plants so you can see what they are capable of if allowed to grow max size. Also it allows full expression of flowers size and resin head size.
If I take a small meristem 1-2 inches and flower it off in a test tube in vitro, and collect the resin heads they are smaller than the same clones resin heads on a 12 foot tall plant, the bracts are bigger also in the 12 foot tall plant. I like big bracts with big resin heads.
I like to trial for evealuations big plants even if they will only be mass produced as clones 3-5 feet tall in later years

-SamS.

willydread

Dread & Alive
Veteran
A question for Sam and all the other haze farmers, how is it possible to carry out a line of haze (but I think I can generalize to all lines) outdoor, over the years without making it degenerate, it is enough to select the right males / females? So there is no risk of too much consanguinity?

MadMac

far beyond driven...
Ohh-Haze

Ohh-Haze

What you call O Haze Predator Haze where did the seeds come from?

hello SamS.,
many thx for commenting about ... good to know more about!
really appreciated...
well those are the Seedsman O-Haze ...
I'll have another fasciated where the main stem is normal and a other smaller is fasciated too... booth are seedsman...
i have also a older line that you gave to some friends in the 90 in holland... made a long way to me... so i'll have them side by side...
there is no fasciated but there more resinous .. resin also on main stem very early... i know other haze like Tom Hill very well but this is special to me... so much and so early... there is not much space for more...
very happy and many thx for made this great cross available for us!
hope i get a chance to get my hands on your new release ... when you release it :) i really see the potency now also when making crosses... all is true what you told here... i've read every info about o-haze and Tom Hill Haze i'll could find here before i started... did some great crosses with a resinous Tom Hill Haze male...
best worked the Landrace x Haze ... the more inbreed strains i'll used where not so surprising as the more wilder landraces ... but now i used the most potent and smelling o-haze boy to haze my fav crosses and the best Tom Hill Haze girl's i've found... can't wait to pop them...
did Tom Hill Haze x O-Haze and O-Haze x Tom Hill... will than grow them side by side... also o-hazed a Nevilles Haze... don't like the comedown from NHz... but love the big bud's... so maybe o-haze will fix that... i don't care about flower time or yield... the high is important for me...
my fav smoke is Tom Hill... wait for the O-Haze to be ready ;-)
nothing comes close to the high of a great Tom Hill Haze so far ...
smoke & grow now 30 years + and have grown most of all well known...
living close to holland... Amsterdam is close ...
man thx & a nice WE'
M.

O-Haze from 90'... more resin on stem and leaf than Seedsman
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Hashmasta-Kut

honey oil addict
Veteran
At what time did Seedsman produce your seeds? I think i heard the quality changed dramatically over the years. OR maybe that was the flying dutchman version?

I believe he simply wanted to say that depending on the size of the plant the size of the resin glands changes :)

Well, for example, if you have a one gram bud on a 2 foot tall plant, and the resin balls are .01mm across for a wild guess, and then you have a one gram bud on a 12 foot plant, and the resin balls are lets say .04mm in diameter, so that one gram bud would be 4 times as potent right?

willydread

Dread & Alive
Veteran
Well, for example, if you have a one gram bud on a 2 foot tall plant, and the resin balls are .01mm across for a wild guess, and then you have a one gram bud on a 12 foot plant, and the resin balls are lets say .04mm in diameter, so that one gram bud would be 4 times as potent right?

Well, in theory your reasoning is right, increasing the resin increases the power ....

Hashmasta-Kut

honey oil addict
Veteran
Well sure, and that is more likely on a fully mature plant rather than a small one, don't you think? So you get a win-win: larger resin heads, therefore more overall resin, and also more psychoactive, in that its properly mature as opposed to small and not full developed..

JohnnyChicago

Well this could explain why my Pan-o-Haze cut gets more potent when grown in larger pots. First pic was grown in 15-19l soil, the other in 54l.

My friend who makes waterhash also noticed a considerable increase in yield in his 73micron bag, and a decrease in his 45micron bag.

picture.php
picture.php

MadMac

far beyond driven...
sativa and veg time...

sativa and veg time...

At what time did Seedsman produce your seeds? I think i heard the quality changed dramatically over the years. OR maybe that was the flying dutchman version?
no
that was TFD... like willy said... they messed all old strains up...
as many have stated.. seedsman was the best o-haze release... because a keeper in each pack...
there are several grow reports here about it... wish i had more of them... and there where cheap when released in begin 2000'... 20€ 10 seeds... good times for haze lovers...
i don't know where you can buy a pure o-haze to day...
i've tried them all from Nirvana to TFD.... all are contaminated with a indica...
these what i'll show here are the pure o-haze...

well about size and age of pure sativa...
often so older they are so better...
give long veg time... make cut
let the cut develop but keep in small pot.. it's a challenge but once mastered ... easy take
trim back a few times...
than in big pot 20-30 liter and direct 12/12... and voila
a good example was the Zamal...
if flowered to early i'll got tiny wispy flowers...
the oldest cut made the best plant ...

here is a ACE Golden Tiger... flowered from old cut that made it over the winter... the mother had tiny bud's compared... also the other cut i'll flowered direct without veg time...
this one was a monster... 16 weeks but worth the wait... fantastic buds..
picture.php

picture.php

and here the Zamal Mangu'Carrot... same here the old cut that made it over the winter was the best... she is my fav with the haze... such a beauty... over 20 weeks old when harvested... but worth the time... because of amazing clear social high and of course yield :)

picture.php

picture.php

just my observation... pure sativa blood need time to develop indoors...
M.:tiphat:

Latest posts

Latest posts