What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

question for sam the skunkman on the original haze

G

Does anyone have relatively recent experiences with Silver haze from sensi? Even if I wouldn't take anything from them, I admit that when I started to cultivate it had a certain charm about me ...

check out a hemp embassy timelaps video of silver haze, tried to put a link up but failed.

Dr. Purpur

Custom Haze crosses
Veteran
I love the Mango haze flavor. There is definitely incense in there.

The cross I did with the old original OG Kush from way back to the Mango Haze male is still rockin after all these years. I almost lost it this year, a few weeks ago.

I had only 2 clones of it indoors, and it got real sick. I sent one home with my son to put in some living soil, and moved the other out into my green house under a CMH. They are both greening up now. I was real worried for a month or so. That's my favorite smoke for many years now.
you've seen her before :D
picture.php

I have never been able to smoke even a half joint at a sitting. Ive tried real hard though. Ive rolled a fatty, and said to myself " im going to smoke at least half this jay before I set it down. After the first draw, the whole room around me changes. Next thing I know, I look down, and there is the jay on the table with only 2 puffs gone. You know, like a whole joint sitting there. I am just gone to the world and forget. Everything gets bright and fuzzy and warm, with a race of wild thoughts, and happiness.

Sup Herb! Good to see you!

We have several hundred plants going this year. All kinds of cookie crosses, and OGs and diesels, and lots of Thai strains. Probably at least 75-100 different types of weed. There are some heavy Indicas for people who prefer those, and for a bedtime night cap.
Cheers everybody!

JohnnyChicago

Nevilles Haze Thai pheno

View Image

Its very typical for this pheno to do this swirl/ramshorn leaves while the rest of the NH garden will be super happy, its similar to some pure thais

Panama Original Haze, pure sativa genes, Haze pheno :)

picture.php

this just a random Indica x Original Haze
picture.php

These crosses were done by a pollen chucker or amateur breeder at best. No cannabis castles, no field selections, no NL5 cut, no Haze A/C and no elite clones involved.

picture.php

Excellent breeding parent is written on the pack and has often been repeated by Sam in this thread. Something like Nevil Haze you will not find in this seeds. But if you cross it let's say, with the A5 cut, who knows...

Yes this is my NH. I have the full growlog over @ MrNice forums.. I had that girl for many years. I know the pictures have been ripped all over the internet ... its ok .. people like my plants

I knew I had seen that pic somewhere. Much respekt your plants made it into catalogues :) And nobody said you are a bad grower or NH not a good Haze. It has probably been the best Haze hybrid that has ever been commercially available, at least for me.

MAHA KALA

atomizing haze essence
Veteran
G `day MK

I`m not here for you to convince me either .
If I wanted it I would already have it .

I smoked Haze x Laos and Zamal and Lao . Didn`t impress me .
I already told you . I like like some bass with the treble ... I have been smoking ECSD x Nevil`s Haze and enjoying it , is that wrong ?

Different strokes for different folks .

Thanks for sharin

EB .

this is ecsd x neville´s haze bud, I grew. its good, but its two level under original haze in psychoactivity.
picture.php

I found description of original haze, that is nice and simple:

Sacred Seeds bred original Haze in the late 1970s from a combination of several sativas, including a Mexican/Columbian, some Thai and South Indians. Despite its long flowering and below average yield, this strain is acclaimed worldwide to have a taste and high superior to all other existing Cannabis strains. The flavour is typically sweet and sour and the high mildly psychedelic and uplifting. This strain is for connoisseurs.

willydread

Dread & Alive
Veteran
I don't think it is correct to compare NH and Oh, NH comes from two specific selected plants, and also has Nl5 ... it's simply different, not better or worse, but different...

@JohnnyChicago
* Sometimes it is also a matter of luck, among the many "normal" seeds you can find the "top" plant .... and at that time Nevil was so lucky (besides talent of course)...

willydread

Dread & Alive
Veteran
this is ecsd x neville´s haze bud, I grew. its good, but its two level under original haze in psychoactivity.
View Image

I found description of original haze, that is nice and simple:

Sacred Seeds bred original Haze in the late 1970s from a combination of several sativas, including a Mexican/Columbian, some Thai and South Indians. Despite its long flowering and below average yield, this strain is acclaimed worldwide to have a taste and high superior to all other existing Cannabis strains. The flavour is typically sweet and sour and the high mildly psychedelic and uplifting. This strain is for connoisseurs.

Nice bud!
Where does this description come from? Talk about a 4-way hybrid...

MAHA KALA

atomizing haze essence
Veteran
its very nice comparable in this way: smoke 3 joints of NH in a row. get high, I can say now that 3rd joint of NH dont get you higher than you already are.. after that smoke joint of outstanding OH and I guarantee you, you will get higher than before.. this NH is taken as haze automatically, though everybody knows its hybrid, that was made for better yields as OH is yielding below average :D

MAHA KALA

atomizing haze essence
Veteran
As i said, i found the effect of the Nevil's Haze mother good, although not elite and a bit bland in terpenes compared with the best Haze hybrids (Kali Mist, Jack Herer, etc ....) from late 90s/early 2000s, when these dutch haze hybrids were in their best moment. But to be fair, we must take in consideration that this Nevil's haze mother was selected in the late 80s, and marijuana strains have been greatly improved regarding terpene refinement in the last 30 years, and growers' palate has also become much more demanding regarding quality of terpenes. All this must be evaluated in its correct temporal perspective.
bland in terpenes, I fully agree. another thing what NH lacks.. so hard to compare it to OH. indeed.

Elmer Bud

Genotype Sex Worker AKA strain whore
Veteran
its very nice comparable in this way: smoke 3 joints of NH in a row. get high, I can say now that 3rd joint of NH dont get you higher than you already are.. after that smoke joint of outstanding OH and I guarantee you, you will get higher than before.. this NH is taken as haze automatically, though everybody knows its hybrid, that was made for better yields as OH is yielding below average :D

G `day MK

Tolerance is one huge difference in the way we perceive highs .

3 joints of Nevil`s Haze ? I smoked half a joint in Holland and put it out because it was freaking me out !
Had a similar experience in Oz . I was smokin buds and hash .
Thought I`d change it up with some Nevil`s Haze .Rolled a joint . Bad decision . It made me extremely self aware .

How many grams do you smoke a week ?

Thanks for sharin

EB .

Lester Beans

Frequent Flyer
Veteran
3 joints of proper Neville's Haze and I'd be in the woods shitting my pants.

Does anyone still hold the seedsman OHaze?

bigherb

Veteran
Tolerance is definitely a factor but I’ve never smoked anything I couldn’t finish half a joint

Either I didn’t find the right pheno or didn’t do 4 Neville’s Haze phenos justice but I could roll up back to back

For those interested in pics , You can find them just search

1luvbigherb

elanius

Veteran
seems to me its pretty much pointless to compare which is better, OH or NH?
Both provide different qualities, personally im not sure why people like tachycardia and extreme paranoia with NH, but i guess its the same with the horror movies, folks like to be scared right? just kidding.

Anyway, if you like it, then its better. If you dont like it Haze is better. Its a magic circle.

Burt

Veteran
Modern day Neville’s haze is pretty much hay
Why do you think the real deal breeders use 1990’s era moms in their breeding programs?
I’ve witnessed it in action many fucking times only to be let down again and again with crappy results
The typical dutch haze smell is apparent in the hybrids I’ve sprouted. So are the beautiful foxtailed colas with bulbous calyxes. Even the incense smell is in the air.
What isn’t there is the buzz. Weak sauce

bigherb

Veteran
I gave seeds to both the Original Haze growers in 1972 and also later, One used Thai and S Indian with his Haze in the very early 70's. The other grew the Thai but decided it was not as good as Haze and did not use it. The very first Original Haze was a crop of both green, lime green, purple, and other colors, all from Columbian, after that I am not sure and anyone that says they are, is just fooling themselves. One of the Haze growers RL told me a different story then the Original Haze guy that did it first up in the SC mountains and then in the next few years moved down to right by my house, less then a block away, the other Haze grower RL, who put out the OH poster lived a block the other side of my house. I had a friend "J" that used to help the SC mountain Haze grower, he was also a good friend of RCC, he told me all about the early Original Haze I never saw, as I got back to SC in early 1972. They both told me different stories, I did not care so much it was the Cannabis I was interested in.
Sacred Seeds never tried to stablize or improve the Original Haze, our only goal was to save as many of the Original Haze genes as I could so I used as many Original Haze females and males as I could. I think I could create an all Original Haze improved line but I would need to grow thousands and thousands of plants to find a few keeper females, the males would require to be transformed into females to be screened as keepers, and/or by progeney trials that would be best. I would have done it already except that Original Haze is a lousey Dry Sift Hash maker and I hate to use so much space to do the work right. If I don't someone will....
I really do not like Original Haze hybrids that use an WLD Indica to make powerful Hazes, they are strong but often lack the pure Sativa high the I prefer. It is easy though.
If done right with just haze taste and effects, and I can't tell it is a hybrid and it is strong as the Haze was, I would like it I bet. Even the Purple Haze from back in the 70's was not really my choice, they did seem a bit stronger then the greens, limes, and blues, but they also had a more narcotic effect to me. They were the prettiest not the best, to me.
-SamS

Thoughts on a proper Original Haze line of Today

Can it be done

If Sams doesn’t do it who will

1luvbigherb

Donald Mallard

el duck
Veteran
Tolerance is definitely a factor but I’ve never smoked anything I couldn’t finish half a joint

Either I didn’t find the right pheno or didn’t do 4 Neville’s Haze phenos justice but I could roll up back to back

For those interested in pics , You can find them just search

1luvbigherb
i think eb cheated a little there ,
one of the nh he toked was selected by nevil ,
the other was grown in the tropics ,

harder to replicate or find either for most folks .....

i found nh to be very strong pot ,
'but not something i really enjoyed that much ,
i certainly wouldnt be reaching for it every day ,

im sure id be one of those that enjoys the pure haze more so...

Elmer Bud

Genotype Sex Worker AKA strain whore
Veteran
G `day Wal

Tolerance can also be strongly effected by regular use of alcohol or opiates in combination with cannabis .

As well as set and setting .

I consider that when I read smoke reports .

Thanks for sharin

EB .

Donald Mallard

el duck
Veteran
I totally agree ,
sometimes i dont even realize how high i am until i leave home ,
and out of my comfort zone it tends to hit me a lot harder than at home,
occasionally inducing paranoia and other uncomfortable feelings depending on the situation and the weed ....

we used to have a few beers then toke in order for it to hit us hard when we were young , both the alcohol and the weed seemed enhanced ,

it was fun as kids ,

i gave an opiate user some hash and watched him wind down like a clock , or someone running out of batteries ,
he came back from it and barely missed a beat with the sentence ,
amazed me ,

but sure could see how hard it hit him ....

Nexus7

Thoughts on a proper Original Haze line of Today

Can it be done

If Sams doesn’t do it who will

1luvbigherb

What would be the point of doing an updated Original Haze line today? Tom Hill has already tried - Was it much of an improvement? Oldtimer's Haze and Original Haze already have a small but dedicated following - no complaints from them. Plenty of potent and commercially viable Haze hybrids for those who like a more balanced high.

Better to re-create Haze using likely parents e.g. USC - CG '72, CBG - PR, TRSC - Kerala, GN - Thai stick etc IMO.

Peace,

N7

Limeygreen

Veteran
If you can find special colombians with great highs and loads of parent stock to select from that would be the best start for it but I think you need the space and time for it.

Latest posts

Latest posts