What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

question for sam the skunkman on the original haze

MAHA KALA

atomizing haze essence
Veteran
Is this the 16 weeker you speak of ? It looks very nice and well grown.

It seems we have different experiences and drawn different conclusions, we can agree to disagree :)

I do believe the Original Haze is clearer if thats what you mean by cerebral, the Neville's Haze is well .. Haze... it's not as clear as the Original Haze. But the Original Haze will never leave me in a state of paranoia trying to get sober and not understand people... It's more clear happy electric stimulating high. This is my experience...

View Image

nope, its frankincense pheno, it takes 12 weeks or so. 16 weeker was different. by cerebral I mean its ceilingless, everytime you toke you get higher and get rushes.. Neville´s haze has ceilling, you cant get higher anymore. of course, I mean long term smoking. if you smoke once at week. Neville´s haze is just as good. OH is definitely more happy effect - it has special euphoric quality, yet its like mild acid. trippy and electric. depends on pheno. like I said every sixth plant of OH is outstanding, and stellar is even harder to find it. its much easier to find keeper in NH, though plenty of NL doms.. here is smokereport on it from me. I grew it 3 seasons in the row, so it has to be good. just green acidic pheno of THH(17 weeker) was as same as trippy, but much more cerebral. https://www.icmag.com/ic/showpost.php?p=7549900&postcount=194

leet

Can you please show me your NH 16 weeker in veg and flowering ? I am quite familiar with the NH and the phenotypes, I have been growing it nonstop for almost 11 years now but I did lose my old clone. I thought the high was ceilingless. Thats why I kept it.

I dont think we disagree that much on the descriptions, maybe a little that you say that you find OH as trippy ( I didn't, I did have the oooompphhh when you smoked it but not as trippy/psychedelic ) and the NH has ceiling ( not my pheno but most NH phenos do ) but I think it's also down to personal preference.

JohnnyChicago

I do believe the Original Haze is clearer if thats what you mean by cerebral, the Neville's Haze is well .. Haze... it's not as clear as the Original Haze. But the Original Haze will never leave me in a state of paranoia trying to get sober and not understand people... It's more clear happy electric stimulating high. This is my experience...

View Image

That's what I liked the most in Seedsman Original Haze, the clear almost no paranoia inducing happy energetic high, that can be very trippy too, depending on phenos. You can literally feel that is has been bred for this qualities, and paranoia is not a quality, at least for me. I can imagine that the canadian cut is something like on the pic below. I had 2-3 of them. Great phenos if you want sell OH weed, great smoke too, great daytime weed, but not the trippiest.

picture.php

leet

That's why I say it's down to personal preferences, if there is no paranoia, tachycardic, super introspective&psychedelic inducing, almost panic attack and turn you white high, its just another sativa electric happy high for me. I grew up smoking just sativas, I didn't even saw any indicas until I ordered online seeds in 2002. For me this effect is rare(paranoia etc) and what I was looking all my life and anyone that is doing and like psychedelics will appreciate the more mushroom/LSD nature of the Nevs Haze. Not to say that I dislike the Original Haze I smoked,not at all.

JohnnyChicago

its just another sativa electric happy high for me. I grew up smoking just sativas, I didn't even saw any indicas until I ordered online seeds in 2002.

I do respect your preferences, but you shouldn't say that Original Haze is "just another sativa electric happy high" if you have not grown or smoked a lot of them. It's like saying all the people who find acid/trippy phenos in the different Original Haze lines are pussies...

And you shouldn't forget, that NH is nothing else than Original Haze with a touch of NL5. Replace the 25% NL5 with a trippy sativa, or to stay on topic, with a trippy OTH/THH and you will potentially be able to find much more panic inducing and long, almost forever lasting trippy highs, that you will never find in any NH.
But it will not be ready in 15-16 weeks.

ojd

CONNOISSEUR GENETICS
Vendor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Ive always wondered why we dont see more reports of original Haze and even more O Haze x skunk 1 as more packs of these must of been given out more than any other seed ?
Seedbay used to give the O Haze x Skunk 1 packs out that they bought or were given by sam out for FREE with orders. 1000's and 1000's of packs and very few people have come forward over the years reporting amazing finds ? . You look at Nevils Haze and 100's if not 1000's of reports of Haze heads like myself have reported next level Haze found unlike anything we seen before .
Yes Sam brought that special Haze seeds ( more landrace) to Holland and the Haze world owes him for that but Neville opened that Haze up like a surgeon and brought a Haze to the market that was able to be worked indoors and kept that special High and taste .

Peace

harvestreaper

Veteran
Ive always wondered why we dont see more reports of original Haze and even more O Haze x skunk 1 as more packs of these must of been given out more than any other seed ?
Seedbay used to give the O Haze x Skunk 1 packs out that they bought or were given by sam out for FREE with orders. 1000's and 1000's of packs and very few people have come forward over the years

went after the sk haze an thunks a few times over the years could never get them to germ only recently from breeders retail was i able to aquire thunk an make f2s crosses etc the journey begins
picture.php

mns g13 hz x thunk 11 weeks

mexcurandero420

See the world through a puff of smoke
Veteran
Old pic from Nevil's 1990 catalog.

About the Frankincense aroma once more.Has everyone found this type of aroma in any other variety landrace or western variety which was not contaminated by the A5Hz?

Attachments

• 20190323_103452.jpg
    20190323_103452.jpg
    84.4 KB · Views: 39
G

About the Frankincense aroma once more.Has everyone found this type of aroma in any other variety landrace or western variety which was not contaminated by the A5Hz?

Purple mexican from cbg( oaxaca x pck)
purple oth x kali china (ace)

This years' A5 x malawi had a lot similarities with the second one regarding smells,though a5 x malawi less incense.Just 1 seed grow from both though...I am talking orthodox church incense.

leet

Seedbay used to give the O Haze x Skunk 1 packs out that they bought or were given by sam out for FREE with orders. 1000's and 1000's of packs and very few people have come forward over the years reporting amazing finds ? . You look at Nevils Haze and 100's if not 1000's of reports of Haze heads like myself have reported next level Haze found unlike anything we seen before .
Yes Sam brought that special Haze seeds ( more landrace) to Holland and the Haze world owes him for that but Neville opened that Haze up like a surgeon and brought a Haze to the market that was able to be worked indoors and kept that special High and taste .

Peace

That's true! We had TONS of this OHxSK1 shit from Sam for years from Seedbay, we just gave it away ( like Sam and Seedbay did ) and flushed them down the toilet in the end because nobody wanted them anymore!! and nobody found anything as good as we would in a pack of SSH OR NH. We never found anything as trippy and psychedelic in those seeds, just something better than his boring skunk. Surely, if Sam had the OH he said he had we would found superior plants, I didnt see any prized haze female clone used in this cross, at least not in the offspring. It wouldn't be farfetched for someone to think this female haze plant is the best Sam has, which is at best a random happy electric sativa for me. I'll be honest and say I haven't grown the OH myself but then again I trust those who did all those years and we never found anything as good, I smoked supposedly the best. I didn't buy the OH from TFD and Seedsman when I had the chance all those years, since I couldn't find a single good report on Overgrow/CannabisWorld and then early ICmag, when it was supposedly "purer", I don't think I will try now, but if someone said he has a super haze plant, better than the NH found in those seeds, I would believe him and kindly ask him to share that clone :)

I was in Amsterdam all the time from 2001 to 2007, tell me where could you smoke original haze that was as good as the NH from greenhouse or the dampkring ? Nowhere, because we went to Amsterdam to specifically look for haze in all the coffeeshops and we tried everything and we met most people.

PS Frankincense is also found in some old Balkan and Greek "landraces". It's not very common though. I have a Greek line that gives it sometimes, it looks like a fast Haze and the high is quite similar but different also. I have made seeds from this plant.

Last edited:

led05

Chasing The Present
Old pic from Nevil's 1990 catalog.

SMG (Santa Marta Gold) - available to you my friend as you know.... Pure Colombian NLD, which is where haze mostly originated if not all of the old haze lines - it's the archetype to the best hazes I've grown and I've grown near all of them avail over the years....... Mint, light tropical fruits and haze / incense undertones, church is there on the exhale and in room...... Not as strong as some of the others I've had but it's there for sure, I think you'll find though there's a reason strong church has been contaminated, that hybrid was the basis for full blown Frankincense aromas...

The Guatemalan x NH I grow too is a bang on Frankies plant as well, some are pure church and more than half have some of it....

Thule

Dr. Narrowleaf
Veteran
Yes, incense is said to be common in the better Mexican and Central American strains, Colombian too. I guess you could put that description on my Oaxacan but I'm not sure we'd be talking about the same thing. Us living outside the catholic world have no idea what frankincense shoud smell like..

leet

You can order some online its an amazingly interesting smell, very resiny and oriental and the essential oils are used in perfumery. It is made from resin from plants , like pine tree resin and when burnt produces this smell, yuo dont have to burn it though, it smells on its own but when burnt is even more oriental/smoky. It can get too much and its very relaxing and hypnotizing smell. I don't know if you have ever smelt those indian sticks where you put them on fire then you put them off and keep burning and put off smoke and fill the room with this oriental resiny smell, it's not the same but its the closest thing I can think of to describe this. These sticks and burn amber/pine resin is the closest I can think off to describe it. But depending on the church they use different plants like Myrrh or Olibani. They smell pretty similar...

indian-incense-stick.jpg

JohnnyChicago

T

I was in Amsterdam all the time from 2001 to 2007, tell me where could you smoke original haze that was as good as the NH from greenhouse or the dampkring ? Nowhere, because we went to Amsterdam to specifically look for haze in all the coffeeshops and we tried everything and we met most people.

Sorry to say but you went to Amsterdam 10 years to late to find pure Original Hazes in Coffeeshops. That said, believe it or not, but this is trippy too, the whole night long from 10pm. to 12am., you can get higher and higher, without getting tired and without coming down ...

picture.php

willydread

Dread & Alive
Veteran
I always wondered what people meant by incense, until I tried Nl5hz (given me as Nevil haze), a strong incense aroma that it also transmitted in the cross with zamaldelic ...
I smoked several skunk x haze, and I don't remember that incense aroma, but they had a good high ...

MadMac

far beyond driven...
Sorry to say but you went to Amsterdam 10 years to late to find pure Original Hazes in Coffeeshops. That said, believe it or not, but this is trippy too, the whole night long from 10pm. to 12am., you can get higher and higher, without getting tired and without coming down ...

View Image

that's pure resin... must be damn good!
looking so tasty...
need to smoke something now after seeing this ...
well done !
M.:tiphat:

Elmer Bud

Genotype Sex Worker AKA strain whore
Veteran
it is not crossed to skunk imo. you can still buy haze19 x skunk1 from nirvana seeds. I think at least. not sure now.

here you can compare, pic of THH by Elanius

View Image

this is pic of haze 19 x skunk by DirtLife

View Image

do you see what skunk did with it? :D

G `day MK

Show me a hundred of each showing exclusively those phenos and convince me .
One of each is a poor representation if you think that 1 of each represents all the phenos in those lines ...

Yes I agree I can see the genotypes of the parents . But we know about bell curves , punnet squares and the pheno spreads of F1 and Di hybrids don`t we ?

Fat leaf / skinny leaf , flowering time etc should count for little if we could capture those Haze terpenes combined with a high enough THC content . In a plant no matter what it looks like .

Thanks for sharin

EB .

Latest posts

Latest posts