What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

question for sam the skunkman on the original haze

window

Veteran
Only ever seen pure haze for sale once in Amsterdam, apart from pre rolls but this was loose.
Can’t remember the name of the coffee shop but was in the red light district, couldn’t believe my eyes when I saw it on the menu and had to buy some, the guy at the counter tried to talk me into buying something else, telling me they had a lot stronger and better looking but I refused and went for the haze:)
Sat down and rolled one and when I sparked up, it stunk up the place like a bush burning or something, people turned they’re heads to look it smelled so strong, as if to say, what the f**k is he smoking?
It smelled a lot like the African import we used to get in the uk, maybe that’s why people used to refer to it as bush??

The haze was seedless so I don’t think it was import being sold as haze, the bud had a sickly, sweet smell that I’ve found in other Nld’s like Kerala and others and very wispy looking, most people would consider it shwag by looks but I didn’t.
I certainly didn’t think it was shwag after I smoked it and rolled out of the coffee shop, I felt like I was floating on air, head right up in the clouds as I mooched on down the road.
I’d describe it as a strong, up high with an almost dreamy feeling, every thing was brighter, more vivid, sounds crisper like the volume had been turned up, life in stereo :biggrin: and technicolour!
I seriously would describe it, like a very light dose of lsd, it just had that feeling to it, but obviously no where near as powerful as the holy acid.

Do you guys remember a few years ago, the people selling the repro haze posters? I think it was called the original haze poster project? They even had an original for sale, signed by RL, you had to contact them for details if I recall correctly.
On the webpage, apart from mentioning RL ( not sure if they mentioned G ) they talked of how they sold the crop of 76 and the rosewood boxes that came with the poster, they also mentioned someone known as either grandmaster or granddaddy mike and also queen of the haze??
Not sure what part they played but I’m sure I heard Sam on an episode of hash church saying that one of the haze brothers didn’t even grow the plants, his girlfriend did!! Could she be the queen of the Haze????
I may of been stoned but I’m pretty sure that’s what Sam said, apologies if wrong Sam.

popta

Are we gonna beat a dead horse

We can repost repeat rinse and dry...

I first got on these kind of forums in the mid 90s and stuck around until about 2007. People were doing this exact tail-chasing topic when I first started and kept redoing it across several generations of forums all the way through to when I left. A decade after that I decide to see what's new on the forums and hey... they say the classics never die right? :biggrin:

Burt

Veteran
I don’t think some of you are giving Neville the credit he derserves
Sam was a preservationist, not a breeder.
He was and is a capitalist and sold the unworked haze beans to Neville at a premium. ($1.00 per seed)
Neville proceeded to win every competition he cared to enter after making selections using thousands of plants.
He’s the man dawg and we owe him so very much. Was he a capitalist? Sure, but he was and still is a world class breeder who’s work is still the fundamental capstone off 99% of modern genetics
Can some kind dutch soul please liberate the tightly held specimens?
You fuckers have had them for 40 years-enough is enough

Burt

Veteran
I’m referring to the privately held Dutch haze moms that were entrusted to Neville’s colleagues
You’ve puffed on gods own stash for 40+ years
Toss us a bone or 2-we need it more than you. We’ve got a man child in office so do us a solid

G

Only ever seen pure haze for sale once in Amsterdam, apart from pre rolls but this was loose.
Can’t remember the name of the coffee shop but was in the red light district, couldn’t believe my eyes when I saw it on the menu and had to buy some, the guy at the counter tried to talk me into buying something else, telling me they had a lot stronger and better looking but I refused and went for the haze:)
Sat down and rolled one and when I sparked up, it stunk up the place like a bush burning or something, people turned they’re heads to look it smelled so strong, as if to say, what the f**k is he smoking?
It smelled a lot like the African import we used to get in the uk, maybe that’s why people used to refer to it as bush??

The haze was seedless so I don’t think it was import being sold as haze, the bud had a sickly, sweet smell that I’ve found in other Nld’s like Kerala and others and very wispy looking, most people would consider it shwag by looks but I didn’t.
I certainly didn’t think it was shwag after I smoked it and rolled out of the coffee shop, I felt like I was floating on air, head right up in the clouds as I mooched on down the road.
I’d describe it as a strong, up high with an almost dreamy feeling, every thing was brighter, more vivid, sounds crisper like the volume had been turned up, life in stereo :biggrin: and technicolour!
I seriously would describe it, like a very light dose of lsd, it just had that feeling to it, but obviously no where near as powerful as the holy acid.

Do you guys remember a few years ago, the people selling the repro haze posters? I think it was called the original haze poster project? They even had an original for sale, signed by RL, you had to contact them for details if I recall correctly.
On the webpage, apart from mentioning RL ( not sure if they mentioned G ) they talked of how they sold the crop of 76 and the rosewood boxes that came with the poster, they also mentioned someone known as either grandmaster or granddaddy mike and also queen of the haze??
Not sure what part they played but I’m sure I heard Sam on an episode of hash church saying that one of the haze brothers didn’t even grow the plants, his girlfriend did!! Could she be the queen of the Haze????
I may of been stoned but I’m pretty sure that’s what Sam said, apologies if wrong Sam.

I remember the rosewood box pics with the bud laid in the box, anyone still have that pic,?

Attachments

• 00001.jpg
    00001.jpg
    73.6 KB · Views: 35

Ganja 13

If I was breeding with the Haze's I would go the route of a Neville's Haze male crossed with the cheese clone, then look for a male in that line to cross to the original C5 clone.
One can only hope

G

If I was breeding with the Haze's I would go the route of a Neville's Haze male crossed with the cheese clone, then look for a male in that line to cross to the original C5 clone.
One can only hope

Have you got access to the c5 clone:tiphat:

Elmer Bud

Genotype Sex Worker AKA strain whore
Veteran
I have grown up going to Holland hundreds of times and have always wondered why ive never seen Sams Haze for sale and only Neville 's X's .
This is why i give so much credit to Neville. I also bought original Haze seeds from flying Dutchman in 2001 and also made F2's and many hybrids with it back then and still didnt find anything better than Nevil Haze and the other famous cuts NL5 Haze A,C also HPH and the AG13 .
Where are all the famous Haze cuts that Sam or anyone else has made with Sams original Haze ?.
Like i said earlier i been to Amsterdam more than most and hunted out those Hazes and the best to be found is from the Haze king Neville Schoenmakers

Peace

G `day OJD

This is what I was saying .
Haze hybrids are what made Haze famous world wide. Not O Haze .

I`ve been reading forums 10 years now .
The reports from growers of outstanding O haze I could count on one hand . Nevil`s haze . NL Hz , SSH and Jack Herer innumerous .

Is it that O haze is not available or people prefer the effect of hybrids ?

Chicken or the egg ?

Thanks for sharin

EB .

mexcurandero420

See the world through a puff of smoke
Veteran
G `day OJD

This is what I was saying .
Haze hybrids are what made Haze famous world wide. Not O Haze .

I`ve been reading forums 10 years now .
The reports from growers of outstanding O haze I could count on one hand . Nevil`s haze . NL Hz , SSH and Jack Herer innumerous .

Chicken or the egg ?

Thanks for sharin

EB .

Goeie môre EB

Only 5% of OHz is outstanding.Remember what Neville wrote on MNS.

As a seed breeder, the job as I see it is to ensure that the customer has the highest chance of producing a keeper pheno, whilst at the same time keeping the median a high standard. Every packet should produce top shelf plants. These guys who say you have to buy numerous packets of seed to get a keeper, crack me up.

willydread

Dread & Alive
Veteran

?

Thanks for sharin

EB .

I think it is for both, a hybrid like Nl5 x haze is perfect for commercial growth,and it has an excellent production...
Moreover, the effect of a pure sativa is not always appreciated by everyone, a hybrid reaches the heart of more people ...

However, whatever is behind the genetics and history of the haze, the fact remains that it is an important piece of cannabis, and people will never stop to search info about it...

Elmer Bud

Genotype Sex Worker AKA strain whore
Veteran
I think it is for both, a hybrid like Nl5 x haze is perfect for commercial growth,and it has an excellent production...
Moreover, the effect of a pure sativa is not always appreciated by everyone, a hybrid reaches the heart of more people ...

However, whatever is behind the genetics and history of the haze, the fact remains that it is an important piece of cannabis, and people will never stop to search info about it...

G `day WD

I would like to give thanks and praise to Sam right here .
Before some folks think I am putting Nevil above Sam . Nope .

Sam`s history and contributions to the cannabis culture far outweigh .

I 1st heard of Haze 23 years ago in a High Times interview with Ben Dronkers . Grew my 1st NL Hz 10 years ago . Have been researching / growing Haze, making crosses since .

To me the head buzz combined with a slight body effect is my every day morning till night smoke .

I have a dodgey back [ muscle spasms] the body effect is req for me to feel relaxed .

Straight Sat is nice for physical work . Sittin around its kinda wasted in my situ .

Also with a ceilingless high folks burn through it quicker . Hybrids are more economical for working class folks who want to relax after work . Anecdotes from many years .

Thanks for sharin

EB

Dropped Cat

Six Gummi Bears and Some Scotch
Veteran
I crossed Sam's Thai Haze with a NYCD x Sensi Star and am
flowering the plants in between another project I run, and so
far have been pleased with the results.

Sam has offered many crosses, but for me the Thai Haze
is a stand out, I respectfully post this, knowing it's slightly off topic.

mexcurandero420

See the world through a puff of smoke
Veteran
G `day WD

I would like to give thanks and praise to Sam right here .
Before some folks think I am putting Nevil above Sam . Nope .

Sam`s history and contributions to the cannabis culture far outweigh .

I 1st heard of Haze 23 years ago in a High Times interview with Ben Dronkers . Grew my 1st NL Hz 10 years ago . Have been researching / growing Haze, making crosses since .

To me the head buzz combined with a slight body effect is my every day morning till night smoke .

I have a dodgey back [ muscle spasms] the body effect is req for me to feel relaxed .

Straight Sat is nice for physical work . Sittin around its kinda wasted in my situ .

Also with a ceilingless high folks burn through it quicker . Hybrids are more economical for working class folks who want to relax after work . Anecdotes from many years .

Thanks for sharin

EB

G'day EB

Ĺike what Sam said about OHz at the beginning of this thread.

Also I have suggested many times that Original Haze is "breeding material" not great commercial growing materials, but you seem to only notice what you want to notice. It is the only pure Original Haze available.

Originally Posted by Sam_Skunkman
Take FD Original Haze and make a cross with your favorite female clone and you will be surprised how good it is. Often much better then either parent.

Originally Posted by Sam_Skunkman
Bottom line is if you want an almost Haze line that is stong and popular get Nevilles Haze, SSH, Kali Mist, Sage, or a dozen other Haze Hybrids that mostly used my Original Haze as a parent, directly or through a Haze Hybrid based on my Haze genetics available from 1976 from me.

-SamS

Nexus7

Hey Sam,

Where do you feel Oldtimer's Haze fits into the Haze family? You can see on phylos it's definitely Colombian dominant with some Thai influence. Is it a parent of Original Haze or progeny?

Also if Original Haze is a Colombian hybrid if we were to cross say USC - '72 Colombian Gold to CBG - Punto Rojo would we get something that closely resembles your Original Haze?

TIA,

N7

MAHA KALA

atomizing haze essence
Veteran
so NL5haze is famous for its relaxing properties, commercial production and high rating from working class. while original haze is known for its cerebral properties, spaceship lift off high, high rating from those who are looking for pure spirit, for some intergalactic adventures :D if NASA would do right research, it would be famous as the fuel for the space odyssey :D

MAHA KALA

atomizing haze essence
Veteran
I seriously would describe it, like a very light dose of lsd, it just had that feeling to it, but obviously no where near as powerful as the holy acid..
exactly my thought one hour after smoking it. that kind of feeling. keep it up.

Spaventa

Veteran
You know, after all these decades of thousands of breeders breeding thousands of strains and growers growing millions of packs... you would think it would be no problem at all to buy some seeds that produce buds that burn with a loud hazy musky, leathery incense... yet far from being easy, it’s practically impossible! Wtf?!

Latest posts

Latest posts