What's new

Purple Strain Connoisseur

Purple Strain Connoisseur

• Total voters

hanfiking

Ekras - it is a crap shoot in many ways although other plants that have been crossed and known to yield well and taste great then that's one of many plants that have been crossed and can expected to do great in future grows. it's obvious, no one knows the outcome of an experimental cross, too many factors are involved not just the strains that you cross, also the genetics that each strain is passing on, not even just those strains; maybe one of them is carrying a mute gene that could be passed on from a grandparent plant many generations ago. hundreds of things.
Even with strains that people know go well together can fuck up big time, really its just about luck and good growing. So respect to all you great growers out there that are producing those beautiful/sexy/wonderful "girls" and posting the results on my thread here ;)

Rep up to KGB420, Sammet, Neptune, MID TOWN, James-Bong, Inmate#420, babombeez and Mister Green absolutely hot pics guys great work totally loving it!!!!

Can i just ask all cannabis lovers who are reading this thread to come and vote on my 'is it racist to say marijuana' thread and just stick on a vote and add a comment. even if you don't care about it theres a vote option just to suit you ;)

Last edited:
A

Afghanicus

hope you won't be disappointed as I
Twilight is purple but the high is sh*t , very low, no interesting at all ... apart from the colour

i am not necessarily looking for a "fun" kinda high or being totally incapacitated. So long as it gives me a nice amount of sedation and relaxation i'll be happy.

A

Afghanicus

paranoidandroid i'm curious, what was it about twilight that you didn't like? was the the type of high/stone or the fact that it isn't a very potent strain? It seemed to get some good reports on the OG strain guide http://www.hanflexikon.de/Dutch_Passion/Twilight/index.html
i'm sure it would be good for some people if they are looking for a milder indica and maybe people who get anxiety issues with overly potent stuff. The dutch passion site also has some additional info on twilight if anyone is interested.

http://www.dutch-passion.nl/home.php?p=ss&l=en&t=all&ss=c&ss_id=4

BorisTheBlaze

whoa!! geez beez that purple ice looks rediculous. love those colors
so is that just a purp pheno of the ICE??

whatever it is good job

respect

BORIS

I don't really tend to jump at purple strains, as many people overprice and hype them in my area, but some finely grown Purple Kush is probably my favorite smoke.

Check out my Purple Kush thread there are some awesome shots

http://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=52164
pkpr3.jpg

Not the most visually stunning purple but some of the best quality... You should check out some of the other pics, there are some stunning macros in there.

stoned regards, cvs

guineapig

Veteran
I love how many different purple hues there are in Cannabis.....

Deep Indigo (Nspecta's Purple Indica)
Deep Violet (grandaddy purple)
Neon purple (purple urkle)
Purplish-pink (old-school lavender)
Lavender (soma's lavender)
Pink (is there a purely pink strain? lol)

Here is my RM's Blue Thunder Purple Phenotype, only 1 out of 25 seeds turn out to be female....

Sorry the picture quality is so poor.....i have the world's worst digi cam lol...

:ying: kind regards from guineapig :ying:

G

Afghanicus said:
paranoidandroid i'm curious, what was it about twilight that you didn't like? was the the type of high/stone or the fact that it isn't a very potent strain? It seemed to get some good reports on the OG strain guide http://www.hanflexikon.de/Dutch_Passion/Twilight/index.html
i'm sure it would be good for some people if they are looking for a milder indica and maybe people who get anxiety issues with overly potent stuff. The dutch passion site also has some additional info on twilight if anyone is interested.

http://www.dutch-passion.nl/home.php?p=ss&l=en&t=all&ss=c&ss_id=4

hey Afghanicus

both of them , she was seriously lacking of potency, taste was good
and colour great, but I was thinking it was far potent

DP adverti$ement is wrong about Twilight ... not a long-lasting high,
look at the leaves , very afghan indica like :muahaha: :muahaha:
I could agree with taste and colour ....but not with their description of potency :fsu:

here are 2 shots , I found back in my archive

Twilight straight from seed

wish you to find something decent in your pack of Twilight that corresponds to DP adverti$ement....

:joint:

Last edited:
A

Afghanicus

sorry to hear you were so disappointed paranoidandroid but i have to satisfy my curiousity and try it myself, lol.

by the way has anyone tried sweet purple from paradise seeds? it looks like an interesting one.

Goyakla

Just wanted to tell that I got one hell of a Twillight pheno-
and its a serious stone. Real heavy.
So go for it.

Herbalistic

Herbal relaxation...
Veteran
I am currently growing Sweet Purple, but I just started it as a clone, so we have to wait a while before seeing any budshot´s. My friend (who gifted me cutting) is currently flowering it, maybe I could take couple pic´s of it. There is still no purple in it, leaves look very sativa like, but the bud´s are big & very hard.

I am currently rooting male Mendo Purp´s clone that is going to be crossed with Neville´s Haze :yummy:

I am very interested to see what this cross is going to yield, maybe bigger yield & shorter flowering time with purple coloration, but with good potency..

A

Afghanicus

Just wanted to tell that I got one hell of a Twillight pheno-
and its a serious stone. Real heavy.
So go for it.

thats kool Goyakla :) you wouldn't happen to have any pics of that pheno? just for future comparisons.

Babombeez

Hey there...

The lineage on the Purple Ice is a little mysterious... been searching for a long time... Could either be just a purple phenotype of Ice, but it has to have been selfed because I KNOW this... the bud I found the seed in came from Gold Star Pharmacy, I think mine is more purple than GSP's Purple Ice. though. I've read that Ice was then crossed with Blueberry and purple phenos were then grown out, this could also explain the Purple Ice, but it does have a soft blueberry flavor, the hash is very delicious; it's this lemon woody incense berrylike thing that sticks on the tonge like candy, very hard to describe in words, and icy (like mentholated tobbaco) it's weird! but good!!!

I am planning on breeding with Purple Ice and Bubba Kush, attempt to make a purple Bubba Kush... I'll let you guys know how that goes as soon as it gets rolling...

Sweet pics all!

Beez

Last edited:
G

Awesome shots everyone. Great to see this thread kickin ass. Here's some shots of the purps at day 45. She won't be long now. Smelling like a bunch of grapes. Notice how her pistils have changed from a week or so ago in the last pic.

hanfiking

I can't even describe how happy i am that you all feel right at home in my very first thread and that every single picture here is soo sweet! and i am loving this thread. thanks everyone.