What's new

Purple Strain Connoisseur

Purple Strain Connoisseur

• Total voters

Ras Pablo

Veteran
Nice...Raco u must explain!! The ultraviolete pic hahaha It´s a pure purp. chitral!
So beauty!!

chroniclyfaded, what strain is it?? Amazing violete

Mister Postman

The Plant Pervert
Veteran
Back in the beginning of this thread I posted up a few pics of a Pure Power Plant (purple pheno) I've been growing for a while now..

Well I hit her up with some Wonder Diesel pollen a lil ways back, and am now currently flowering out a small sample of those PPP x Wonder Diesel seeds. It's still early in flower but out of the 4 female plants I received 3 are taking on some of their mommas coloring to some degree.

11783o-3.jpg

11783o-3a.jpg

11783o-4.jpg

11783o-4a.jpg

11783o-2a.jpg

11783o-2.jpg

11783o-2c.jpg

The Dopest

[THC] True Hippie Coonass
Veteran
thats niiiiice Mister Postman, everyone actually :headbange

indoor deep chunk, went long(68 days) cause i was tied up. :muahaha:

Oaxacan

Shaman, a cheap and easy to grow purple strain for outdoor growing (but I also tried it indoors with good results). The thing is, I tried other DP purple strains (Purple #1, Sensi Star) but they have not proven to be good quality for me. The DP Sensi Star I dont recommend to anyone, because it has a harsh taste and the high is also not impressive. Back to the Shaman. It has proven to be a very nice strain especially pheno#1 (not as dark as pheno#2). Some people told me that they have been growing Shaman seeds and have got no purple strain, this can happen when grown from seeds, But on the other side I got 8 different purple phenos and 2 green phenos grown from 10 seeds. I only kept 2, the ones that turned out to be best quality. And here they are:

the more lighter purple pheno#1 (sweeter taste, stronger high than pheno#2)

and the dark purple pheno#2 turned out to be a very nice daytime smoke, nice kindofsativa high

GO PURPLE GO! :joint:

motaco

Old School Cottonmouth
Veteran
sorry just saw you were talkin to me. yeah that stuff had a sorta fruity spicy taste mixed with the purple taste before.

I think I've had it before. I got a few seeds of it in a random bagseed jar somewhere. I think its a pretty common triangle strain.

@oaxacan. I agree with you on purple skunk. I've had some killer purple skunk. but I think you meant DP purple star. which has an unhappy high and rough smoke. Sensi star is killer bud.

btw do you grow actual oaxaca? I do too.

Oaxacan

ups... thnx motaco you are right. I was talking about hte DP Purple star, it is a waste of time. The Sensi Star from paradise seeds is a premium strain, grat stuff, but havent tried to grow it yet. About Oaxacan strains, I have had a grow of DP Flo, a very nice strain, some parts of it should be deriving from South America (or latin america), the DP advertisment claims this.

:headbange

peace Oax

jokercow

Hazed Erdpurt, low-res phone photo with different light settings.
pics taken yesterday. Not completely ready but with minor mold damages

-j

G

Leb27 x Bubblegum x ErdPurT

Leb27 x Bubblegum x ErdPurT

And with some danish passion

G

Purple Afghan at 4 weeks of 12/12, this one is the biggest yielding plant I have ever seen in the flesh, and has the most colouration too, methink I shall be keeping this one as a clone for some time to come.

DSCF0044.jpg

DSCF0046.jpg

DSCF0047.jpg

DSCF0051.jpg

DSCF0048.jpg

Just my two cents, but I remember when we first saw the pictures of Blackberry posted at OG in a Knoxberry Farms Blackberry Jam Jar, and a tremendous fight broke out when several posters claimed it had all been done in Photoshop, that no pheno could have those colors. But Cream Sodica from Canadian Seed Company had a pink and light purple flowering plant pheno on record. Once the gene became public it seems that that was the trait most breeders were going for, always trying to push the temperatures higher and yet retain the purple.
It was at that time that DJ Short had his first/big? article in Cannabis Culture and Blueberry became the rage.

As an aside, many posts by newbies growing the plant have bitched and moaned about many of the blueberry phenos being sickly and hard to grow, but they were always like that. Many successful growers of that and other blue strains (including purple) told everyone to start the seeds in loose sand with absolutely no ferts for the first 10 days under extremely light flourescents, and then start an extremely weak regimen of ferts and slowly boost the lights. While these posts were lost with the demise of OG forums, I think many newbies push these "blue" plants far too much with massive ferts and lights early on, then they blame the seed companies genetics. But the blue has always been a light yielder of fine smoke-- not the most potent, biggest yielder-- but great enjoyable social smoke.

Of the two best smokes I have had in my life, one was impossible and you would not believe me if I described it to you guys. The other was the QP of purple smoke cured to perfection that I got in 2003-- I saved it and saved it and eventually it all got used up.

This is my favorite thread so far, and it gives me new ideas on various purple strains that I was previously unaware of when purchasing seed packs. I think the idea is to find a good purple mother-- maybe one out of 50 seeds-- and grow them selectively in winter when the temps are cool, and then keep her forever, like some kind of floral wife....

Peace,
The Afficianado

G

In my opinion and my experience i thought that green weed is better than purple, i don't know what its depents on. Your pictures are beautiful and your plants looks killer and looks very strong hehe :) My shaman is not very strong but high is relaxing sativa hehe :)

Greetings from Poland

Ras Pablo

Veteran
BeAn said:
Cuddlefish Hashplant x Ortega x C99, outdoors UK... :joint:

Jah bless.. :rasta:

Jah men!! I´d like to know something about this Cuddlefish Hashplant It´s sounds interesting :rasta:

Jah Guide

Latest posts

Latest posts