What's new

Purple Kush SSR

Hey all, I noticed there was a Purple Kush thread here but wasn't too much in the way of a smoke report. I've also been talking to a couple other people who were a bit inquisitive as to the specifics of PK, what it smells and tastes like, potency, so on. I've yet to grow any PK besides bagseed, but I've been smokin it for years and some people might find it a bit interesting...

Purple Kush

Breeder:
Lineage if known:
Vendor:
Price: $240 /half ounce
Type (sativa/indica ratio):30/70 or so
Females tested:
Variation:
Indoor flower period:
Outdoor harvest time:

==================================================
PHYSICAL EXAMINATION

Stretch in Flowering:
Plant Size:
Plant Structure:
Bud Stucture: Extremely compact, dense nugs that seem to break up perfectly into bowl sized chunkies.

<> Ease of Growing:
<> Ease of Cloning:
<> Yield (watts):
<> Odor Level:

GROW Method:

1. Visual Appeal: 9.25- 9.5 Dark purple nuggets smattered with clumps of orange pistils, and absolutely covered with trichomes. Small glimpses of green from sparse untrimmed leaves.

2. Visible Trichomes: 9.5 Completely coated with trichs. Trichomes go flying when you break open the buds and kief falls out in little heaps. Not scattered trichs, kief :joint:

3. Use an X to indicate the colors that are present in the trichome heads under magnification or list the percentages of each color for a more precise report. Leave these fields blank if you do not have a powerful magnifier.

Clear: 80%
Cloudy:20%
Amber:
Dark:

I prefer my PK with about 50/50 amber/cloudy for that head and body combo that i love, but I'm enjoying the headiness right now.

4. Mark with X the colors that are present in the buds or for a more detailed color analysis rate presence on a scale 1-9 light-dark.

Brown:
Green: X - 2 (Sparse bits of dark green, few and far between)
Gold:
Blue:
Grey:
White:
Red:
Rust:
Orange: X - 6 (Clumps of bright Orange pistils smattered all over these nugs)
Purple: X - 8 (Nugs are predominantly Purple in color littered with Orange)
Black:

5. Bud density: 9.75

this PK is fucking dense. Virtually no give to the nug when squished between the fingers, even when pressure is applied. It simply breaks up instead of compressing.

6. Use numbers 1-9 on descriptors that apply to the aroma of freshly broken bud where a one indicates a subtle presence and 9 indicates a pronounced presence. Delete the existing space when marking a descriptor in order to maintain the columns in alignment.

Ammonia [ 1] Earthy [ 1] Licorice [ ] Peach [ ]
Berry [ ] Floral [2] Mango [ ] Pepper [ ]
Blueberry [ ] Fruit [1] Meat [ ] Petroleum [ ]
Bubblegum [ ] Grape [ ] Melon [ ] Pine [ ]
Cedar [ ] Grapefruit[ ] Menthol [ ] Pineapple [ ]
Cherry [ ] Grass/Hay [ ] Mint [ ] Rotten [5 ]
Chocolate [ ] Hash [ 3] Mold [ ] Skunk [4]
Citrus [ ] Iron/Rust [ ] Musk [ ] Spice [ 1]
Coconut [ ] Leather [ ] Nutmeg [ ] Strawberry[ ]
Coffee [ ] Lemon [] Orange [ ] Vanilla [ ]

comment: Oh the smell of Purple Kush is indescribable for me... it is so hard to fit into the above categories. it starts out sorta floral, and finishes with almost a rotten skunky smell, mixed in with a smell slightly akin to the Purple Urkle "purple smell". I have tried to describe the smell of PK so many times unsuccessfully. Think of Catpiss/Skunk with some purple smell thrown in, if you know what I mean.

7. Aroma: 9.5

Purple Kush is one of my all time favorites so I might be a bit biased... but this shit smells so danky delicious.

8. Seed content: 0

9. Just picked: / Weeks cured: Didn't grow it but i'm familiar with the Pk as she cures... This particular batch is probably between a 2 and 3 week cure is is just really starting to develop the definitive rotten skunky kush smell. The Pk is almost floral when it's fresh, and the rotten smell creeps to about a month, at which point it starts getting just Kushier. After a month it retains the rotten skunkiness, but not as strong and it just starts to get Kushy. Some of you Kush smokers will know that smell, like the essence of Kush. This is also the best time for taste, mmm mmm finely cured PK tastes like heaven, but I digress.

If known enter the number of weeks your sample has been cured.
If desired repeat SSR after an additional two weeks of curing.

PHYSICAL EXAMINATION COMMENTS:

Beautifully colored, rock hard little purple nuggets with exquisite taste and smell. Just blanketed in trichomes, and covered by dense clusters of Orange pistils.

THE SMOKE TEST

Address these questions while smoking.

1. Please use a clean instrument for the evaluation. Enter information
below that will identify the instrument as follows:

Water pipe (enter bong, hooka, bubbler etc): N/A
Vaporizer (enter the brand name): N/A
Pipe (size-type, ie medium-glass): Medium spoon
Joint (enter brand of papers): n/a
Other (specify):N/A

2. Use numbers 1-9 on descriptors that apply to the taste where a one indicates a subtle presence and a nine indicates a very pronounced presence. Delete the existing space when marking a descriptor in order to maintain the columns in alignment.

Ammonia [ ] Earthy [2 ] Licorice [ ]
Berry [ ] Floral [ ] Mango [ ] Pepper [1 ]
Blueberry [ ] Fruit [ ] Meat [ ] Petroleum [ ]
Bubblegum [ ] Grape [ ] Melon [ ] Pine [ ]
Cedar [ ] Grapefruit[ ] Menthol [ ] Pineapple [ ]
Cherry [ ] Grass/Hay [ ] Mint [ ] Rotten [3]
Chocolate [ ] Hash [ ] Mold [ ] Skunk [1]
Citrus [ ] Iron/Rust [ ] Musk [ ] Spice [1 ]
Coconut [ ] Leather [ ] Nutmeg [ ] Strawberry[ ]
Coffee [ ] Lemon [ ] Orange [ ] Vanilla [ ]
Kush [ 8 ]

If appropriate return to this question after 5-10 minutes and mark
with X any unmarked descriptors for lingering aftertaste.

3. Taste: 9.5. Truly indescribable Kushy taste that lingers on the palette several minutes after smoking. Kush and Purple thats about all I can say :bandit: Its fun, you can lick your mouth 5-10 minutes after smoking and relive that Kushy goodness

Comment:

4. State of dryness: 7.

Rate the dryness of the bud from 1-10 wet-dry where 5 is ideal.

This particular batch was probably allowed to air dry a bit longer than usual I think. Not excessively dry but getting to that point where it crumbles a bit when you break it up.

5. smoke ability: 8

Rate the smoke ability of the sample from 1-10 harsh-smooth.

Coment: Smooth smoke.

6. Smoke expansion: 7. More expansive than most of what I've been getting, but not a lung buster. Just right

Rate how the smoke expands in the lungs from 1-10 stable-explodes.

7. Intensity: 9.5

Rate how high the smoke got you. 1-10 nothing to maximum effects.

Coment: Ah to top off how pretty and stinky she is, the PK packs a whallop! Extremely comfortable body and head combo that just takes you out of reality. Very strong. A very pleasant combination of body stone and just blitzed in the head... Ideal for after work to relax and chill. Not so good if you got shit to do, it's a social high somewhat, but not a "get up and go" high. More like a "relax and zone out" type deal that might deter you from getting things done.

8. Type of High. Use combination of #'s if needed.

1. Head: 3
2. Mix:
3. Body: 7

coments: Probably one of my favorite mixes of head and body in a strain... just right.

9. "social liability factor" use no 1-10:

coments: Not too sure what it means in this context. It is a relaxing smoke ideal for social settings IMO, although it may be too strong for some smokers. i have seen inexperienced smokers trip out, mumble or talk jibberish after too much PK. seriously. Not the best day smoke if you got a lot of shit to do, you'll feel more like relaxing and vegging than doing anything productive.

10.which direction did the high take you? ie is it (a) up time party sativa? or is it; (b) sleep time indica? or (c) it can go both ways?

C) leaning more towards "sleep time indica", it definately isn't a really "up time party sativa" but it wont make you tired right away. I believe it is best after work to help the aches and pains, and helps me really relax. It is definately strong enough to impede your daily activities like work so I try not to smoke it before work or going out on the town.

<9.5> Medicinal Strength:

Medical Effects: PK relaxes my aches and pains away like no other. Probably one of the best I'd recommend for any physical ailments, although I don't suffer any in particular. I have a feeling it would be very effective for those who suffer from muscle spasms or chronic pain.

It is also a big appetite-stimulant, munchie buds for sure.

I would imagine it's extremely effective for insomnia. I suffer from irregular sleep sometimes but Purple Kush will guarantee a good nights rest. it'll shut your head up quick and let you drop off to sleep ever so peacefully.It doesn't knock you out totally either, it is almost perfectly ideal.

The only negative I can think of is anxiety. PK is very strong, and produces some anxiety in me when smoked in larger amounts. I would imagine people with real anxiety problems could be affected negatively. The shit is strong.

KEEPER?
<X> YES:
<> NO:

All in all, Purple Kush is one of my favorites. Not only is it so very potent, it has the killer taste, smell, and aesthetics to round out the package. Cuts through heavy tolerance like a knife through butter, which eases the lungs of some of us heavy smokers. And doesn't develop a tolerance itself much at all. A truly unique Kush variety that i will enjoy for many more years to come.

Last edited:

jaykush

dirty black hands
ICMag Donor
Veteran
9. Just picked: / Weeks cured: Didn't grow it but i'm familiar with the Pk as she cures... This particular batch is probably between a 2 and 3 week cure is is just really starting to develop the definitive rotten skunky kush smell. The Pk is almost floral when it's fresh, and the rotten smell creeps to about a month, at which point it starts getting just Kushier. After a month it retains the rotten skunkiness, but not as strong and it just starts to get Kushy. Some of you Kush smokers will know that smell, like the essence of Kush. This is also the best time for taste, mmm mmm finely cured PK tastes like heaven, but I digress.

those are like words taken out my mouth there so similar.

edit: ive done a ssr for the pk as well. its somewhere in here not anytime recent thats for sure.

Last edited:
Damn jayKush, your Purple Kush image in that thread is some sexy shit. I didn't know you had already posted a comprehensive PK SSR much less close up photos, I could only find brief descriptions. But the more the merrier, the different angles help to get a better overall description.

How long have you been growing her? You've got the descriptions nailed to the T, you even added the extra [ ] Kush that the taste section was lacking. I've never heard anyone else mention "the essence of Kush" either... Were we separated at birth? :bandit:

Your Purple has an almost blue coloring I havent seen before. Howd you manage it? And you got any flower pics?

5915organic-purple-kush.jpg

Great minds think alike dont they? Peace out brother!

nandro

Smoking some of that vintage PK right about now, minds all cloudy WHOA here comes tha rush from a snap. BOIIIING PEACE!

Peace,
Nandro :sasmokin:

Nice reports, Jay and CVS. Y'all allllllllllready know! :smile:

jaykush

dirty black hands
ICMag Donor
Veteran
hehe nando its about that time over here. time for some pk snaps. heres some macros for the thread.

5915pk_trich_macro1-med.jpg

5915pk_trich_macro_2.jpg

Last edited:

DimeBag65

You will not be forgotten
Veteran
very nice pictures, love kushes of all crosses and backgrounds, i dont know how some of you are so good and can come up with all these descriptions for what strains taste like, i guess iv never personally been the best and being able to pick out other things to compare it to.

Been a while since iv smoked some pk, enjoy as im sure you are :D Dime

Hey jay those are some great close-ups, and really demonstrates how frosty the PK really is. Looks like a snowstorm hit those nuggets.

greetings again Nandro, glad to see youre puffing on the vintage gear as well... Man you got some variety. I'm sure the vintage is much better than that garbage Kyle Kushman's PK right? much love brother

hey Dimebag with all the people circulating the PK on ICmag I woudln't be surprised if you couldnt place a cut yourself somehow.

Im actually blasted off some OG at the moment. I'll have to find some PK for nap time though. peace all

nandro

My g/f's last words last night were "it tastes go good....*ZzzzZzzzzZZZZZzzzzZzzZzZZz....*" after a coupl'a cano bags and roor snaps. lmao And shes a fuckin' toker, lemme tell ya'.

Shit will catch ya off-guard,

smokescreen

Great descriptions and pics for the queen of the purples! You guys that are lucky enough to be induldging, take a pull for all of us without it! I'm puffin' on some AK right now so I can't complain too much, but I'd much rather have a nice jar of that purple goodness! Peace!

smokescreen

kigy said:
PK chopped at 60 days

[/QUOTE
Excellant pic bro!!!!! That damn near looks just like the Lavender in the new High Times! It also is very reminicent of purple urkle. I bet that was some purple tasting weed! Again, great pic bud! Peace

kigy

smokescreen said:
kigy said:
PK chopped at 60 days
Excellant pic bro!!!!! That damn near looks just like the Lavender in the new High Times! It also is very reminicent of purple urkle. I bet that was some purple tasting weed! Again, great pic bud! Peace
I just grew out Purple Urple right next to it and I'd have to say the Purple Kush yields a little better than the Urple. Both are great indica stones that hit hard and fast though, great for bedtime. Even though I'm gonna run this cut of urple again, my fav strain to smoke right now is this PK.

G

hello friends :joint:
DAMN kigy nice PK bro, ive got two going and i hope to be seeing some bud "compactdelasation" soon hehehe........

i'm growing the garberville PK, ran the urkle last time and i loved it every last gram....thinking about running the GDP and the grape ape next round, but thats a ways off i'll probably change my mind 420 times by then....
nice bud bro :joint:

nandro

Grape Ape kills GDP in every single possible way, but still nowhere near PK.

Peace,

Nice pic, kigy. :smile:

jaykush

dirty black hands
ICMag Donor
Veteran
duuude nando the ladies loooove the taste of pk, everytime they rip it no matter who it is. you get the" mmmmm it taste soo good" always puts a smile on mine and their face.