What's new

Pure Thai Sativas

pilis

oh , i thought that was the purpose of the forum
to discuss things , as everyone has been doing pills ,
you seem a little put off by the conversation though??

i told you what i thought,
they dont look very healthy in the green house ,
otherwise they look like sativa to me ,and since they are in thailand ,
they are probably thai sativa ,, i thought the farmers will have told you this though ,
if you want folks here to identify them , its not going to happen because we only know what you are telling us,
its obvious the growers you have visited are only beginners/amateurs,
so likely they dont understand genetics much either ,
didnt you ask them where they got the seed and what it was ??

if you want more from your audience , you need to ask folks more clearly exactly what you want from them ...
Thanks,the answer I was waiting for.

romanoweed

should i review your strains,
i indirectly gave my sentence, right..

well, theyre not as good as the 70s thai.
I meditated very short about almost every strain you showed,.

And i dont know if thats motivating: there has to this day been no modern collected Landrace that i liked the look of, not from Reeferman, not from bodhi, not from you. ive not seen the same nice looking plants TODAY, as in the 70s.
IMHO

Last edited:

Airloom

Premium user
Out of love and respect for Thai cannabis and growers I appreciate the pictures and effort to share current information on the ground there.

@pilis I don’t know much but if you speak the local language then many recent comments here are valid. To offer opinions on the growing techniques in Thailand requires detailed information from the Thai growers you meet. I think it’s great that you are sharing information from Thailand with folks worldwide (ICMag)
However, as @Hmong stated, this forum is for growers of cannabis. This specific thread was started back in 2012 for growers of Thai cannabis and I’m guessing many members have been following along all that time. If I might politely suggest you create a new thread here on ICMag seeking comments/opinions/feedback from growers here, you would get much better responses IMHO. It would be great if you stated in the beginning of your thread what the goal or purpose of your thread was (what are you hoping to get from the members of ICMag) That would really help everyone I think.
I will follow your thread if you decide to do that. ✌️

StickyBandit

The Thai and xs at Ace seeds are killer plants of very high quality . Very trippy and long lasting
What caught my imagination was the thought of harnessing the unique qualities of this TLT Congo Black...

Aromas: Intense tangerine and mandarin, fruity, minty, menthol
Flavour: fragrant, sweet, tangerine, burnt wood
Effects: Very cerebral. extremely long lasting head high, lysergic, no ceiling, highly euphoric, psychdelic

The Ace offerings sound great but I would like to try making some F1 hybrids of some killer genetics while first preserving the original strains.

Donald Mallard

el duck
Veteran
should i review your strains,
i indirectly gave my sentence, right..

well, theyre not as good as the 70s thai.
I meditated very short about almost every strain you showed,.

And i dont know if thats motivating: there has to this day been no modern collected Landrace that i liked the look of, not from Reeferman, not from bodhi, not from you. ive not seen the same nice looking plants TODAY, as in the 70s.
IMHO
can you show what you are comparing too ?
were you in thailand in the 70 s btw ...

romanoweed

in overall i compare to tripreports that i hunted.
But its multiple things, like meditation, i see the effect in meditation to a degree i believe.
But back to tripreports, there are only a handfull of realdeal tripreports, wich i fel i CAN spot they are true, because i experienced it myselve, so i know what canna can do, and its basically : canna can create the highest states .

So, based on the assumtion, that they are true, i found out : first of all, that cannbis is much stronger than reports like "it was veeeery special", AND i found out that all these reports stemm from the 70s OR they stemm from people who grew lower generation 70s Seeds decades later.

They also stemm from certan Regions more often than others, basically equatorial Regions, more refined, Vietnam Congo, Mexico eventually, alltho its hard to tell for Congo and Mexico, the only very clear anwser was Vietnam , most flyingexperiences, and such from there. or laos.

So, aslong nobody seems to even hallucinate nomore from these regions , i have a certain evidence that somethign changed, (and now you will come and say the people got older, therefore,,,, but no, it is a FACT that a college of me had a hallucinogenic experience later in his life on a old SE Asian genetic), peartly you have some good critique, cause sativa beacme sparse, or better said, its rare smoked from us westeners tahn in 70s, so the SE asian folks might not tell us, but actually hallucinate...

So, i compare to a thing that i smoked, but dont know the exact identity, and the Thing, that i "slightly evidential" probably smoked long ago. TRIPWEED.
No i wasnt in thailand..

Last edited:

romanoweed

you mean a picture? i dont show so much here these days if not needed, i already loaded Goeeybreeders Thaistick lines pictures.
people often uninterested in pictures from others, so i never loaded all the pictures..

just google vietnam tourist hemp - greenhornet. thats the strongest se asian basically, voila

Last edited:

Donald Mallard

el duck
Veteran
yea my report of "felt like flying" was from back in about 81 to 83 ,
and was the first time i got high , it was from a thai stick ,
but i smoked a fair bit before the effect came on..

im not sure how you can tell if a specific plant isnt what they claim though using your method,
in fact its not a accurate way at all ,
taking into account also that the effects of weed are subjective, and many things need to be taken into account ..

im fairly sure that if you get hold of some good sativa seed over there, and grow it to its potential , then dry well and cure for 6 plus months ,
you will get something very similar to what folks experienced in the 70 s and 80 s ..

potency is a hard thing to measure given as i said with it being subjective and influenced by many other factors,
what more recent experiences of south east asian weed has told me ,
the mind-altering effects it has are not seen in more modern weed,
it can be a little bit scary , some might call the same effects tripping ,
and if so , trust me that stuff still has the goods ...

romanoweed

i tried one modern SE Asian Line, it was exactly how my meditation looked like :

speedy at the first half, stressy, no class, no depth.
psychedelic effect is there, just a bit less, but the negatives increased. Its upbeat.
So, yes its way diferent to hybrid weed, but more negatives.
If i would try to fly on this stuff, i would have to accept LOADS of negatives, thats no option for me..

StickyBandit

i tried one modern SE Asian Line, it was exactly how my meditation looked like :

psychedelic effect is there, just a bit less, but the negatives increased. Its upbeat.
If i would try to fly on this stuff, i would have to accept LOADS of negatives, thats no option for me..
Do you think curing would help?

Chi13

ICMag Donor
This is also a Hmong Thai that has been kept by a tribal family around Phitsanulok in lower northern Thailand. I believe it's the same as Mr.Mallard's from two pages back. It is distinct from the Hmong Thai from breeder's choice, which is stated as a slow growing strain, because this is one of the most vigorous plants ever seen...
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

In this part of Australia there are two growing seasons. Below we see the Hmong Thai finishing off in Winter with an Autumn sapling next to her.
picture.php
Just so pilis can what is possible with Thai's, and why many are saying that the ones in his pics are not well grown. There are some great pics earlier in this thread.

I was looking for Wally's giant Laos as well but couldn't find it.

Donald Mallard

el duck
Veteran

not sure thats really enough to form an opinion on to be honest roman,
also was said line grown indoors , or in its natural setting ??
if it was grown indoors ,, with no cure , and its the only one you have tried ,
im pretty sure you are not getting the picture and likely not a good candidate to be making assumptions on south east asians line from that one single experience ...
some folks on here toked the original thai stick ,
and have grown many since , i am one of them but there are several others ...

yesum

ICMag Donor
Veteran
What caught my imagination was the thought of harnessing the unique qualities of this TLT Congo Black...

Aromas: Intense tangerine and mandarin, fruity, minty, menthol
Flavour: fragrant, sweet, tangerine, burnt wood
Effects: Very cerebral. extremely long lasting head high, lysergic, no ceiling, highly euphoric, psychdelic

The Ace offerings sound great but I would like to try making some F1 hybrids of some killer genetics while first preserving the original strains.

I am growing a clone of this. The other plant was just ok, pleasant and euphoria. This one is electric and trippy. It is a fast plant to grow and not tall, appears to be inbred. I have a bit on it over at the TLT section.

You need to try my Laos 4 and Congo Black romano.