What's new
Status
Not open for further replies.
2 Peruvian golds from deep in the #jungle of the Amazon rain forest in atalaya where #chocolate originated.

my guess is this pure #landrace #columbiangold came to the region with #coca producers from #Columbia in the 80s when the columbian government cracked down on cartels and they moved to #peru and #Bolivia where to my knowledge has been untouched since

there is a diversity from chocolate, woods and #roadkillskunk. very pungent either way. but looking for the skunkers for my road-kill project I revived last year after taking a 10 year break.

#medmanbrand #lordofloud #loudskunk #skunk

20230227_131001.jpg
20230227_131011.jpg
20230227_131014.jpg
20230227_131017.jpg

revegeta666

Not ICMag Donor
I stepped outside yesterday morning to take a piss and smelled skunk. After a quick scan of my immediate area, I did not see a skunk. So I started scanning the tree line for madman, er, I mean medman. Figured it must be him sitting in the woods smoking some of his finest RKS.
Hve you considered the smell could have come from your own piss? Just a thought, still pretty high from the edibles I had last night.
giphy.gif

mexcurandero420

See the world through a puff of smoke
Veteran
Some history about Cannabis in Mexico from a 2003 research

Indian ganja seeds came to Mexico in the nineteenth century. Patent medicine companies sold cannabis Indica, as they called it, for a hundred years or so all over the world. The British East India Company and others grew ganja in India and sold cannabis extract and flower tops to patent medicine companies. The patent medicine industry was completely unregulated before 1906 and they sold anything to anyone including heroin, morphine, strychnine, mercury, and other poisons. A byproduct of the cannabis Indica industry was hemp seed which was also sold worldwide for medicine and birdseed. Pet birds were very popular in Victorian times and enormous amounts of seed were shipped all over the world. The hemp seed trade started in the late 1700’s and continued until 1938 when the USA finally imposed regulations on the patent medicine industry and the hemp seed industry fell victim to the new regulations. The cannabis Indica industry was crushed because it was part of a trade that also sold incredibly dangerous substances to anyone with money. Marijuana began to show up in Mexico in the mid 1800’s when the hemp seed industry was getting into full swing due to the advent of steamships which made shipping much more reliable. There has been speculation that Spanish hemp transformed into psychoactive marijuana but a genetic study at Indiana University in 2003 indicated that hemp genetics are completely separate from ganja genes.

med-man

The TRUMP of SKUNK: making skunk loud again!
Boutique Breeder
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Etymology. The name "Colombia" is derived from the last name of the Italian navigator Christopher Columbus (Latin: Christophorus Columbus, Italian: Cristoforo Colombo, Spanish: Cristóbal Colón). It was conceived as a reference to all of the New World.

Happy New Year!!
Too bad it wasn't his real name either

mm

med-man

Boutique Breeder
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Just as a curiosity about the Skunk topic in its most sativa's expressions: A member of this forum advertises in a small seed bank in my country, this "Pandora Skunk NLD", with the description that I attach in italics; Without knowing if the variety is good and the description is correct, the truth is that it seems much more sativa than the supposedly pure Colombian Gold that have been shown so briefly here (but to be fair, there is no complete plant photo of this Skunk either...):
View attachment 18940614 View attachment 18940615 View attachment 18940616
"Pandora Skunk NLD es una rara selección de Ancestral Skunk. Ancestral Skunk son semillas de Skunk de Sam Skunkman procedentes de Europa almacenadas en frío e importadas de California en 1985 y de polinización abierta a gran escala.
Esta selección es muy rara de ver ya que siempre se ha seleccionado buscando tiempos de floración cortos. Representa la parte más tropical de Skunk: Colombian Gold y Acapulco Gold.
Tiene unos 80-90 días de floración. El olor es leve a pino y cítricos."
I appreciate you sharing this.

Unfortunalty all my fact checkers here don't really like facts. Ironic isn't it?

In English

"Pandora Skunk NLD is a rare Ancestral Skunk selection. Ancestral Skunk are Sam Skunkman's Skunk seeds from Europe, cold stored and imported from California in 1985 and open pollinated on a large scale.
This selection is very rare to see since it has always been selected looking for short flowering times. It represents the most tropical part of Skunk: Colombian Gold and Acapulco Gold.
It has about 80-90 days of flowering. The smell is light of pine and citrus."

mm

med-man

Boutique Breeder
ICMag Donor
Veteran
The word "colony" comes from the Latin word colōnia, used as concept for ancient Roman outposts and eventually cities. This in turn derives from the word colōnus, which was a Roman tenant farmer
Modern use

The 13 colonies had little to do with the Roman army lol

mm

LostTribe

Premium user
this is original haze, colombian dom pheno which needs like 110 days to finish.

full
Thats SO indicani clearly not even the real columbiani Maha! Everyone esp MadMan knows that from his own mouth real columbiani has extremely broad leaves, autoflowers under 24/0 and requires 15 days from seed to harvest under a single incandescent bulb at the north pole.

You need to get your facts straight mister!

revegeta666

Not ICMag Donor
@revegeta666
Do you remember that loud Widow cut called "la pestosa" hoarded by gypsies in the south?
Granada I believe?
Indeed I do! Although here we call it "poligonera". My friends say it's the same clone, but I have read people online disputing this. What do you think? I know la poligonera came from Andalusian gypsies so it has to be the same I would think. It was quite easy to find in Valencia where I used to live, and was extremely stinky, ridiculously so.

Edit - for others reading, "la pestosa" means "the stinky one" lol gypsy humour.

Raco

secretion engineer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Modern use

The 13 colonies had little to do with the Roman army lol

mm
Esta agua perfumada es una solución de aceites etéreos diluidos en un solvente etanol, que en el Agua de Colonia original de Juan María Farina (1685–1766) contiene entre 4–8% de aceites esenciales. Su nombre se debe a que fue creada en la ciudad de Colonia, Alemania.

Wolverine97

Veteran
I wonder how many people in this thread have grown pure Sativas that
flower longer than 18 weeks? I think it's safe to say if you've never gone
past 9 weeks that you're only going on what somebody told you vs 1st
hand Jungle plant cultivation.
Right on. I'm an NLD guy, mostly, though I keep heavy indicas around too. But 120 day flowering times are where the real special stuff comes, IME. OP can't even keep his hybrids healthy in veg, and I'm yet to see a single NLD type plant from him, but I'm sure they'd be crispy by mid flower if he had any.

Eltitoguay

Esta agua perfumada es una solución de aceites etéreos diluidos en un solvente etanol, que en el Agua de Colonia original de Juan María Farina (1685–1766) contiene entre 4–8% de aceites esenciales. Su nombre se debe a que fue creada en la ciudad de Colonia, Alemania.
Je, añadir como curiosidad histórica, que siglos después, el heredero de la famosa empresa de colonias, R. Farina, (justo cuando la empresa apostaba todo su futuro en el lanzamiento de su último y definitivo perfume "Colonia #13"), abandonó el mundo de la perfumería para dedicarse a cantar Fandangos por garitos de mala muerte...
Por Dios, que locura de hilo, prim@s...

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Latest posts