What's new
Status
Not open for further replies.
2 Peruvian golds from deep in the #jungle of the Amazon rain forest in atalaya where #chocolate originated.

my guess is this pure #landrace #columbiangold came to the region with #coca producers from #Columbia in the 80s when the columbian government cracked down on cartels and they moved to #peru and #Bolivia where to my knowledge has been untouched since

there is a diversity from chocolate, woods and #roadkillskunk. very pungent either way. but looking for the skunkers for my road-kill project I revived last year after taking a 10 year break.

#medmanbrand #lordofloud #loudskunk #skunk

20230227_131001.jpg
20230227_131011.jpg
20230227_131014.jpg
20230227_131017.jpg

RobFromTX

Heres a review. Apparently another skunk enthusiast ran amok :D

mixed reputation it seems

And this is from the dumpster fire Rollitup

Last edited:

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
There are more Skunk terps in Haze than Skunk seeds lol. Some of that compressed brick weed was killer.

Reactions: X15

ChemDogLover

Heres a review. Apparently another skunk enthusiast ran amok :D

mixed reputation it seems

And this is from the dumpster fire Rollitup

Thanks gonna take me a while to read that 2nd thread

weedape

I find it strange that people searching for good replicas of old Sativa lines are also looking for skunk terps. Aren’t those pretty much confirmed to have come from the afghani and similar plants that were brought into our current weed gene pool later on? That’s beside the notion of people craving to inhale what we now know for certain are the exact same phenols that a skunk sprays. If anyone has ever dealt with a skunk in a bad way, they know exactly what inhaling phenols does and it has nothing to do with feeling good in any way, potentially leading to uncontrollable vomiting. All it ever did for the cannabis world was make easy victims out of people trying to feel good, making them stink, cough loudly, and probably making their eyes red. I’d love to hear theories on how phenols aid the high other than the physical shock that helps to change our state of mind with stress and makes the cannabinoids kick in, in that sense. If you just like the taste of skunks rear you don’t have to admit it….

Tynehead Tom

Apparently All the drug varietals are Indica or Indica hybrids and a very small pool of plants are actually sativa (hemp) according to rob clarke. So if this is true, I would expect any of the hybrids that became established as "landraces" outside central asia and the middle east to have the potential to throw a recessive "indica" pheno now and then.
That is if you buy into Clarke's breakdown of cannabis into Narrow Leaf Drug type , Wide Leaf Drug type..... ect ect. and the origins, migrations thereof

weedape

Apparently All the drug varietals are Indica or Indica hybrids and a very small pool of plants are actually sativa (hemp) according to rob clarke. So if this is true, I would expect any of the hybrids that became established as "landraces" outside central asia and the middle east to have the potential to throw a recessive "indica" pheno now and then.
That is if you buy into Clarke's breakdown of cannabis into Narrow Leaf Drug type , Wide Leaf Drug type..... ect ect. and the origins, migrations thereof
You make a good point about all so called drug varieties being indica hybrids, but for some reason I feel like hemp indica hybrids and maybe even narrow leaf hemp with drug expression have been the in the mix all along. People like to get high and no matter when or where they lived they tried to find a way. People like Shakespeare probably were lucky enough to get imported hash, and although the bard was a common man’s man, the common man had to smoke the noble weed he could get his non royal hands on. SkunkmanSam claims to have all sorts of preserved hemp seed in massive quantities from pretty much every time and place. When these get sequenced we will have some answers.

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran

Indeed Ive read the same thing from Clark. Indica was rarely seen in the 70s. These are the small squat super fat leaved plants. I never grew one of these in the 70-80s. I dont believe Skunk was from any pure/landrace Indica. 1980 Skunk most likely was from an Afghnica plant IMO. Looking at all the genetics used all carry Sativa genetics in some way. All of the plants back then were Sativa hybrids(longer flowering)

Afghan #1 SSSC=...pure Indica strain inbreed for 5 generations to produce a squat, round plant with thick, heavy buds. A very consistent variety with less than 5% deviations. The smoke has an extremely strong, narcotic-type high

SK#1 SSSC=...Arose from an Afghani, Columbian, and a Thai.

Afghanica =.... SK#1 x Afghan #1

A hybrid strain of cannabis. Its origination plants were Afghani #1 and the so-called "Original" Skunk. Growing up to 1.83 m (6 ft.) tall, it is short and stocky with broad leaves a lush canopy, and dense buds as well. The plant matures over the summer and is ready for harvest in mid-autumn.

weedape

A
Indeed Ive read the same thing from Clark. Indica was rarely seen in the 70s. These are the small squat super fat leaved plants. I never grew one of these in the 70-80s. I dont believe Skunk was from any pure/landrace Indica. 1980 Skunk most likely was from an Afghnica plant IMO. Looking at all the genetics used all carry Sativa genetics in some way. All of the plants back then were Sativa hybrids(longer flowering)

Afghan #1 SSSC=...pure Indica strain inbreed for 5 generations to produce a squat, round plant with thick, heavy buds. A very consistent variety with less than 5% deviations. The smoke has an extremely strong, narcotic-type high

SK#1 SSSC=...Arose from an Afghani, Columbian, and a Thai.

Afghanica =.... SK#1 x Afghan #1

A hybrid strain of cannabis. Its origination plants were Afghani #1 and the so-called "Original" Skunk. Growing up to 1.83 m (6 ft.) tall, it is short and stocky with broad leaves a lush canopy, and dense buds as well. The plant matures over the summer and is ready for harvest in mid-autumn.
Those are all great examples of what most people who seem to have been around feel. I wish I could remember the primary source, but I read an account stating that hash producing indicas, in I believe Afghanistan, were often six feet tall. The account was written prior to the introduction of indicas to the west. Way before skunk imports.

These squat indicas that popped on the scene, seem possibly the result of a small breeding operation that inbred for certain traits quickly. Like maybe in the time frame between when Americans first got into Afghanistan in the Cold War, and when stinky get you caught little skunk plants and their hybrids showed up. They showed up fast, they showed up everywhere, and they all had the same bad phenol trait.

They also brought short flowering times allowing two drug wars to happen simultaneously. At home every kid that tried it could be sniffed out and terrorized keeping the number of drug users down. On the other hand the US knew the threat of foreign and often hostile powers controlling their country’s drug supply was unacceptable and growing. There was no way to stop it so they supplied a tainted key to slowly and silently shift to domestic production both illegal and legal.

I think it’s great to keep landraces going but all a landrace really ever was, is a fairly true breeding and acclimated group of plants coming from a transplanted landrace or landraces, probably with a nice touch of human selection. Skunk #1 was touted as the first true breeding strain available through the seed bank. It already had Afghani in it at that point. It also came from Sam, who probably was working for at least one govt.

I think the real beauty in landraces is that they aren’t completely inbred like everything else going around today. The vigor that some pure Sativa can possess is unreal. Once production is legal and people are using proper greenhouses, the heavy industry indicas right now aren’t going to cut it. Sativas have better resistance to pests and disease while needing less fertilizer. They can produce far more as well.

Wolverine97

Veteran
I find it strange that people searching for good replicas of old Sativa lines are also looking for skunk terps. Aren’t those pretty much confirmed to have come from the afghani and similar plants that were brought into our current weed gene pool later on? That’s beside the notion of people craving to inhale what we now know for certain are the exact same phenols that a skunk sprays. If anyone has ever dealt with a skunk in a bad way, they know exactly what inhaling phenols does and it has nothing to do with feeling good in any way, potentially leading to uncontrollable vomiting. All it ever did for the cannabis world was make easy victims out of people trying to feel good, making them stink, cough loudly, and probably making their eyes red. I’d love to hear theories on how phenols aid the high other than the physical shock that helps to change our state of mind with stress and makes the cannabinoids kick in, in that sense. If you just like the taste of skunks rear you don’t have to admit it….
Well, it isn't so noxious in the herb. The smell is dead on skunk, like you smell one that sprayed off in the woods nearby. But it was pleasant to smoke, not noxious at all. It wasn't some devastating high, just a nice whole body/head high with good vibes. But the stink was undeniably skunk. Somehow, when burying your nose in the bag, it was more "classic" skunky herb smell, but bag on the table a few feet away... pure skunk. The smell while/after smoking.. pure skunk. Not rotting animal, not "you just got sprayed in the face" skunk... but skunk. Best way I can describe it. As I posted earlier in this thread, then madman copied and repeated... haven't seen it since '95/96, and I personally, only got it for a couple years (I'm not much older than madman). My parents were getting it a few years before I started smoking herb, and what skunk bud I got always came from them.

med-man

The TRUMP of SKUNK: making skunk loud again!
Boutique Breeder
ICMag Donor
Veteran
BLD afghanica been in America since at least 1915

The hippie trail and boel bring ghanis since the late 60s.

Roadkill skunk was everywhere in bc cali west coast 1974.

If people have small circles that's fine. Prohibition was th main factor there. But your reality isn't a universal law. Just your personal experience.

Screenshot_20231223_182710_Facebook.jpg

mm

Last edited:

ChemDogLover

One thing I saw consistently...... besides all the rks psychobabble..... is that the very few grow reports from them are just skunk. Not even a mention of their landrace lines, much less grow pics

Thats enough for me not to send my money :yikes:
Wasn’t seeking skunk from them. Just saw their CG offering.

I just dropped their chocolate Thai seeds

med-man

The TRUMP of SKUNK: making skunk loud again!
Boutique Breeder
ICMag Donor
Veteran
A

Those are all great examples of what most people who seem to have been around feel. I wish I could remember the primary source, but I read an account stating that hash producing indicas, in I believe Afghanistan, were often six feet tall. The account was written prior to the introduction of indicas to the west. Way before skunk imports.

These squat indicas that popped on the scene, seem possibly the result of a small breeding operation that inbred for certain traits quickly. Like maybe in the time frame between when Americans first got into Afghanistan in the Cold War, and when stinky get you caught little skunk plants and their hybrids showed up. They showed up fast, they showed up everywhere, and they all had the same bad phenol trait.

They also brought short flowering times allowing two drug wars to happen simultaneously. At home every kid that tried it could be sniffed out and terrorized keeping the number of drug users down. On the other hand the US knew the threat of foreign and often hostile powers controlling their country’s drug supply was unacceptable and growing. There was no way to stop it so they supplied a tainted key to slowly and silently shift to domestic production both illegal and legal.

I think it’s great to keep landraces going but all a landrace really ever was, is a fairly true breeding and acclimated group of plants coming from a transplanted landrace or landraces, probably with a nice touch of human selection. Skunk #1 was touted as the first true breeding strain available through the seed bank. It already had Afghani in it at that point. It also came from Sam, who probably was working for at least one govt.

I think the real beauty in landraces is that they aren’t completely inbred like everything else going around today. The vigor that some pure Sativa can possess is unreal. Once production is legal and people are using proper greenhouses, the heavy industry indicas right now aren’t going to cut it. Sativas have better resistance to pests and disease while needing less fertilizer. They can produce far more as well.
Let us always remember heat resistance as well. Sativas do great in mid summer greenhouses

mm

cola

You should be the head mod of all mods.

More of you guys needed back on this forum

mm
There are plenty of good folks lurking. For a variety of reasons, they are just careful, and/or cautious in post.
And, not sure I'd make a good mod - I am not really interested in perceived power. Nor tonking on heads.
With a little enlightenment and practiced mediation though, you will find all the real power you want inside.
If I had a vote, which I don't, I would elect the Cosmik Googler. She seems pretty level headed, and happy too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Latest posts