What's new
Status
Not open for further replies.
2 Peruvian golds from deep in the #jungle of the Amazon rain forest in atalaya where #chocolate originated.

my guess is this pure #landrace #columbiangold came to the region with #coca producers from #Columbia in the 80s when the columbian government cracked down on cartels and they moved to #peru and #Bolivia where to my knowledge has been untouched since

there is a diversity from chocolate, woods and #roadkillskunk. very pungent either way. but looking for the skunkers for my road-kill project I revived last year after taking a 10 year break.

#medmanbrand #lordofloud #loudskunk #skunk

20230227_131001.jpg
20230227_131011.jpg
20230227_131014.jpg
20230227_131017.jpg

Thcvhunter

Veteran
First strains I smoked and grew were rks. No other distractions loke the 80s offerings

Last time I had rks was 95/96 it was coming from a biker / hutterite colony that got busted outside of steinbach and then it disappeared

The unripe seeds you would find maybe 1 or 2 an oz were the size and shape of snow peas.

Between 92-96 there were 4 main phenos of rks. I've gone to it in detail before.

mm

You remember

Thcvhunter

Veteran
Pretty funny how we are on one of if not the worlds largest cannabis data mine (icmag)

But no one is willing to use it....or they have and feel ashamed lol the former or the latter doesn't surprise me either way

View attachment 18932082 View attachment 18932083 View attachment 18932084 View attachment 18932085 View attachment 18932086

mm

You keep using this word, "We," I do not think you knkw what that word means, being a narcissist.

Btw, whats the count up to now of how many people you've doxxed, or worse

Wolverine97

Veteran
First strains I smoked and grew were rks. No other distractions loke the 80s offerings

Last time I had rks was 95/96 it was coming from a biker / hutterite colony that got busted outside of steinbach and then it disappeared

The unripe seeds you would find maybe 1 or 2 an oz were the size and shape of snow peas.

Between 92-96 there were 4 main phenos of rks. I've gone to it in detail before.

mm
🤡

med-man

The TRUMP of SKUNK: making skunk loud again!
Boutique Breeder
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Great question and observation....if cannabis originated in Asia....the animals and people would be responsible for its spread

mm

med-man

Boutique Breeder
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I talked with Kaiki this afternoom...a long conversation. :)
He spent 3 years in Colombia and worked a lot (here and there) with the genetics he selected.
The man knows his shit ...mucho respect
He was in Perú in 2001 iirc
Peru is a big place.

Not many people venture into shipibo first nations territory. Esp deep into the Amazon rainforest forest

mm

Donald Mallard

el duck
Veteran
Great question and observation....if cannabis originated in Asia....the animals and people would be responsible for its spread

mm
Just people and maybe waterways but not animals , if they were eating it they would crack the seed open and eat the germ
Its not a fruit so only the seed is edible and it's the inside of the seed they would be eating..

Raco

secretion engineer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Peru is a big place.

Not many people venture into shipibo first nations territory. Esp deep into the Amazon rainforest forest

mm
It happens that I DO know many many people :biggrin:
I posted a picture in this thread and no one noticed the scientist name of that small cichlid...Apistogrammoides "pucallpaensis"
I used to breed and raised thousands of discusfish...and hundreds of ramirezis and cacatuoides ...I had wild green discus from near Putumayo and other rivers.
I know ppl that travelled to those areas ..enthusiastic fans always in the search of the best specimens...true aficionados.
I met and interviewed Jack Wattley and Bernd Degen....but that's another story lol

@revegeta666
I'll answer your question soon

Last edited:

OldCoolSativa

According to Phylos, CG and Thai Sticks are related....opinions pls?
The Time Magazine article from 1977 said that Thai genetics were being grown in Colombia at that time, so it’s possible. That said, I don’t think so because Colombian gold had tiny seeds, and lots of them. The last CG I scored in 1978 wars the seediest bag I’ve ever seen. Thai stick had large calyxes and large seeds. So in my opinion, the seed morphology difference suggests that CG was not transplanted Thai weed.

Mezz Mezrow’s book described the high-grade weed he scored in the 1920s as “golden leaf.” His connection was in Chicago, and the source was Mexico. This leads me to believe that CG may have originated in Mexico, and that the characteristic gold color, whether due to genetics or girdling/curing, has been around Latin America for at least a century.

med-man

Boutique Breeder
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Just people and maybe waterways but not animals , if they were eating it they would crack the seed open and eat the germ
Its not a fruit so only the seed is edible and it's the inside of the seed they would be eating..
Birds are the usualy suspects

mm

Donald Mallard

el duck
Veteran
Birds are the usualy suspects

mm
true ,
but as said , they will crack the seed open to eat what is inside ,
i dont think cannabis seeds go well through the stomach and are generally spread in the manner i already mentioned ,
from one continent to another , probably only humans doing that ,
i think cannabis has its target species to spread its genetic material throughout, and that's people ...

med-man

Boutique Breeder
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I've heard also that acapulco gold was a relative of colombian....but the opposite way. From south to Central America.

The Time Magazine article from 1977 said that Thai genetics were being grown in Colombia at that time, so it’s possible. That said, I don’t think so because Colombian gold had tiny seeds, and lots of them. The last CG I scored in 1978 wars the seediest bag I’ve ever seen. Thai stick had large calyxes and large seeds. So in my opinion, the seed morphology difference suggests that CG was not transplanted Thai weed.

Mezz Mezrow’s book described the high-grade weed he scored in the 1920s as “golden leaf.” His connection was in Chicago, and the source was Mexico. This leads me to believe that CG may have originated in Mexico, and that the characteristic gold color, whether due to genetics or girdling/curing, has been around Latin America for at least a century.

med-man

Boutique Breeder
ICMag Donor
Veteran
true ,
but as said , they will crack the seed open to eat what is inside ,
i dont think cannabis seeds go well through the stomach and are generally spread in the manner i already mentioned ,
from one continent to another , probably only humans doing that ,
i think cannabis has its target species to spread its genetic material throughout, and that's people ...
There's the black, there's the white and there's the truth

Birds have always spread more viable seeds to more remote locations then any other creature.

Screenshot_20231213_183839_Samsung Internet.jpg

mm

yesum

ICMag Donor
Veteran

More likely Acapulco Gold which I doubt is related to Colombian Gold. satva smoked both and they are different to him. A great one that is gone or in hiding, the gold I mean. The AG going around now is bunk.

Tiny white immature seeds, that is what the Colombian Gold had in '79. The one and only bag of it that I saw and smoked. Truthfully it was an underwhelming experience for me. The best Mexican pot beat it for me, more trippy and interesting. The CG was like drinking several cups of coffee with a little extra feeling to it.

med-man

Boutique Breeder
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Thats exactly the effect I'm getting here

Be careful. People here will twist coffee effect into smell faster then a rabbit gets banged lol

mm
More likely Acapulco Gold which I doubt is related to Colombian Gold. satva smoked both and they are different to him. A great one that is gone or in hiding, the gold I mean. The AG going around now is bunk.

Tiny white immature seeds, that is what the Colombian Gold had in '79. The one and only bag of it that I saw and smoked. Truthfully it was an underwhelming experience for me. The best Mexican pot beat it for me, more trippy and interesting. The CG was like drinking several cups of coffee with a little extra feeling to it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Latest posts