What's new
Status
Not open for further replies.
2 Peruvian golds from deep in the #jungle of the Amazon rain forest in atalaya where #chocolate originated.

my guess is this pure #landrace #columbiangold came to the region with #coca producers from #Columbia in the 80s when the columbian government cracked down on cartels and they moved to #peru and #Bolivia where to my knowledge has been untouched since

there is a diversity from chocolate, woods and #roadkillskunk. very pungent either way. but looking for the skunkers for my road-kill project I revived last year after taking a 10 year break.

#medmanbrand #lordofloud #loudskunk #skunk

20230227_131001.jpg
20230227_131011.jpg
20230227_131014.jpg
20230227_131017.jpg

med-man

The TRUMP of SKUNK: making skunk loud again!
Boutique Breeder
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I sold a lot of Colombian Gold,Redbud and Mexican,and a bit of Thai(it was too pricey ) in high school and college in the mid 70's to about 81 . My connection brought it into Canada out of Detroit in a semi and no way would he have crossed the Bluewater Bridge smelling like he was moving a trailer load of skunks. The customs officers aren't retarded . Not once did anyone ask me for road kill skunk Colombian and nothing I ran across smelled like skunk,it wasn't until indoor weed and sensimilla was a thing that I ran across it. Not saying it isn't in Colombia now but I believe it's due to hybrids and comes from BLD.
Rks is a newer term. It was just skunk back then....the reason? The Dutch and American cohorts sold millions of skunk seed to people that weren't skunk.

Skunknwas already in canada 74-75

I guess you were in Ontario?

mm

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
There's also another version that roadkill got attached by the Netherlands as they couldn't relate to what a skunk smells like. No clue if that's true but Ive heard this often. Most Skunk seeds indeed dont produce skunk terps. Ive found far more skunk terps breeding with Sativa/Hazes than I did with any skunk seeds.. I just ran Todds SK#1. I bet you could guess what I didn't find lol.

Last edited:

Dime

Rks is a newer term. It was just skunk back then....the reason? The Dutch and American cohorts sold millions of skunk seed to people that weren't skunk.

Skunknwas already in canada 74-75

I guess you were in Ontario?

mm
Yeah they must have left ontario out of it because it's the most populated

Dime

There's also another version that roadkill got attached by the Netherlands as they couldn't relate to what a skunk smells like. No clue if that's true but Ive heard this often. Most Skunk seeds indeed dont produce skunk terps. Ive found far more skunk terps breeding with Sativa/Hazes than I did with any skunk seeds.. I just ran Todds SK#1. I bet you could guess what I didn't find lol.
Was it really potent? I was thinking of grabbing some.

Dime

I'm pretty sure I read Jerry beisler says he brought back Afghani seeds in 72 and put imported weed over there and crossed them there and in the US , again we go back to hybrids. Isn'the claim C Gold is where the skunk odor originates? If it isn't I blame the bong.

Donald Mallard

el duck
Veteran
I'm pretty sure I read Jerry beisler says he brought back Afghani seeds in 72 and put imported weed over there and crossed them there and in the US , again we go back to hybrids. Isn'the claim C Gold is where the skunk odor originates? If it isn't I blame the bong.
im certain its from the afghans , as many have said , u could smell it in them , i have , many have , but only mm says its from colombian , maybe in the stuff he has becaues its a hybrid with skunk in it ...

med-man

Boutique Breeder
ICMag Donor
Veteran
You can find rks terps in ghanis, Pakistan, Mexicans and colombians.

Lots of smokers commenting still. 1 or 2 actual growers.

mm

med-man

Boutique Breeder
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Here's an nl1xpnwhp from nevils 88 release

It is fucking sour. Never once did I say rks terps are only in s America. I said it's in them.

Remember. During the skunk rage pinnacle everyone was lookong for skunky keepers. This 88 smells like skunk even as tiny clones.

Then it was fuels and petrols

Now in the food branded market, everyone is looking for food terps. 1 plus 1 = 2

20231209_132902.jpg

mm

med-man

Boutique Breeder
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Exactly,as far back as M Botany Clake pointed out that's where it came from.
As I posted before....Clarke said sam used a "California skunk". To make sk1.

Most likely from Jerry and or boel. My guess would be c or s american x pre soviet ghani. A hybrid.

Hence all my projects over the years

Sometimes it best to do actual research then sit inside the warm and comforting icmag echo chamber of smokers only

mm

Donald Mallard

el duck
Veteran
As I posted before....Clarke said sam used a "California skunk". To make sk1.

Most likely from Jerry and or boel. My guess would be c or s american x pre soviet ghani. A hybrid.

Hence all my projects over the years

Sometimes it best to do actual research then sit inside the warm and comforting icmag echo chamber of smokers only

mm
second hand knowledge , ask the guy who did it what he used ,
its easy enough to find on these boards ,
since u are so good at it by your own words ,
go do some research and find out what he said ,
lets hear it from the source ,

smokers only huh , hahaha ,
from such a dreamer , you re a funny guy ....

RoyalFlush

DEA Agent
Premium user
420club
Here's an nl1xpnwhp from nevils 88 release

It is fucking sour. Never once did I say rks terps are only in s America. I said it's in them.

Remember. During the skunk rage pinnacle everyone was lookong for skunky keepers. This 88 smells like skunk even as tiny clones.

Then it was fuels and petrols

Now in the food branded market, everyone is looking for food terps. 1 plus 1 = 2

View attachment 18930496

mm
Another bullshit claim.

This clowns fake "original" HP from Nevil was already debunked by another member on here. He himself has changed the origin of his crap multiple time.
Screenshot_20231209_190349_Samsung Internet.jpg
Screenshot_20231209_190029_Samsung Internet.jpg

You can't make this shit up 🤣🤣🤣

Last edited:

NEED 4 SEED

I believe I mentioned this before, but I'm not sure anymore and too lazy to search, so I was interested in what the animal skunk really smells like and then in medmans thread on overgrow I was told by a user I should order some skunk spray for hunters which is what I did. I must say when the amazon parcel arrived I didn't expect this kind of smell and it wasn't a smell I had ever experienced before in weed. It was really off-putting and I couldn't believe there where plants with that smell, let alone there would be people that could like this kind of smell. Rotten fish, garlic, maybe vomit and rubber/burnt rubber. Fast forward only a few weeks later I grew a chemdog hybrid from a respected american breeder and interestingly found one plant with almost 100% this exact smell throughout flowering. Now I still don't know what RKS smells like. I did some experiments with the skunk spray bottle in the fields and the dominating smell that was left was rubber/burnt rubber. Is that the roadkill smell? The cured weed now just hasn't much of a known smell to me, maybe cheese crackers. But it's only a few grams and it was in a bucket with other baggies of completely different types of weed. So not really representative. But one thing is clear. This has absolutely nothing to do with dutch/sensi skunk, super skunk, shiva skunk, whatever. But I had some kind of cheese cracker smell in dinafem cheese long ago. Maybe cheese is the missing link between american skunk and dutch skunk. But there's the other problem. I didn't have the original cheese yet to compare. And Americans probably have the same problem. They know what real skunk is about but not the real cheese. I think we should work more together to nail it once and forever. Suggestions?

med-man

Boutique Breeder
ICMag Donor
Veteran
second hand knowledge , ask the guy who did it what he used ,
its easy enough to find on these boards ,
since u are so good at it by your own words ,
go do some research and find out what he said ,
lets hear it from the source ,

smokers only huh , hahaha ,
from such a dreamer , you re a funny guy ....
Why ask? Grow sk1. 0 skunk lol c for yourself

mm

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Exodus Cheese has been in the USA for decades. Supposedly from a SK#1 ?.. Big Budda cheese seeds are still around. Ive grown many SK#1 seeds, even from Sam. Never found any skunk. Lots of floral earthy plants.

The original Skunk is extinct IMO. Only watered down versions are around today. Some serious recombination breeding needs to happen to bring it back.

Last edited:

med-man

Boutique Breeder
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I believe I mentioned this before, but I'm not sure anymore and too lazy to search, so I was interested in what the animal skunk really smells like and then in medmans thread on overgrow I was told by a user I should order some skunk spray for hunters which is what I did. I must say when the amazon parcel arrived I didn't expect this kind of smell and it wasn't a smell I had ever experienced before in weed. It was really off-putting and I couldn't believe there where plants with that smell, let alone there would be people that could like this kind of smell. Rotten fish, garlic, maybe vomit and rubber/burnt rubber. Fast forward only a few weeks later I grew a chemdog hybrid from a respected american breeder and interestingly found one plant with almost 100% this exact smell throughout flowering. Now I still don't know what RKS smells like. I did some experiments with the skunk spray bottle in the fields and the dominating smell that was left was rubber/burnt rubber. Is that the roadkill smell? The cured weed now just hasn't much of a known smell to me, maybe cheese crackers. But it's only a few grams and it was in a bucket with other baggies of completely different types of weed. So not really representative. But one thing is clear. This has absolutely nothing to do with dutch/sensi skunk, super skunk, shiva skunk, whatever. But I had some kind of cheese cracker smell in dinafem cheese long ago. Maybe cheese is the missing link between american skunk and dutch skunk. But there's the other problem. I didn't have the original cheese yet to compare. And Americans probably have the same problem. They know what real skunk is about but not the real cheese. I think we should work more together to nail it once and forever. Suggestions?
There are types of European cheese that smell like rks. Im not kidding.

There is also heirloom strains of garlic my wife buys from a guy in victoria bc that has like 80 strains. 2 of them have rks terps too lol

mm

NEED 4 SEED

Another interesting side-story:
After more than 30 years I had met a girl from my school class that moved overseas to colorado and what can I say, we also talked about weed and I asked her about skunks (which are living there) and their smell and she said that the fresh spray smells really bad but when a skunk gets hit by a car in a distance it smells like weed. This indicates to me that the roadkill smell may not be that distinctive like the fresh spray, but that's just an assumption at this point and I like to be corrected if needed.

Status
Not open for further replies.