What's new
Status
Not open for further replies.
2 Peruvian golds from deep in the #jungle of the Amazon rain forest in atalaya where #chocolate originated.

my guess is this pure #landrace #columbiangold came to the region with #coca producers from #Columbia in the 80s when the columbian government cracked down on cartels and they moved to #peru and #Bolivia where to my knowledge has been untouched since

there is a diversity from chocolate, woods and #roadkillskunk. very pungent either way. but looking for the skunkers for my road-kill project I revived last year after taking a 10 year break.

#medmanbrand #lordofloud #loudskunk #skunk

20230227_131001.jpg
20230227_131011.jpg
20230227_131014.jpg
20230227_131017.jpg

med-man

The TRUMP of SKUNK: making skunk loud again!
Boutique Breeder
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Another interesting side-story:
After more than 30 years I had met a girl from my school class that moved overseas to colorado and what can I say, we also talked about weed and I asked her about skunks (which are living there) and their smell and she said that the fresh spray smells really bad but when a skunk gets hit by a car in a distance it smells like weed. This indicates to me that the roadkill smell may not be that distinctive like the fresh spray, but that's just an assumption at this point and I like to be corrected if needed.
No assumption. Oxidized skunk terps are heavenly!

mm

Reactions: Rgd

NEED 4 SEED

There are types of European cheese that smell like rks. Im not kidding.

There is also heirloom strains of garlic my wife buys from a guy in victoria bc that has like 80 strains. 2 of them have rks terps too lol

mm
I see that now. After buying that skunk spray I tend to recognise it in other things like when cooking with garlic or, as I already wrote in overgrow, rim cleaner, which has also almost the same smell as the Skunk urine in the little brown bottle.

NEED 4 SEED

Exodus Cheese has been in the USA for decades. Supposedly from a SK#1 ?.. Big Budda cheese seeds are still around. Ive grown many SK#1 seeds, even from Sam. Never found any skunk. Lots of floral earthy plants.

The original Skunk is extinct IMO. Only watered down versions are around today. Some serious recombination breeding needs to happen to bring it back.
Did the original skunk plants smell like fresh skunk spray during flowering? If so then I may have one missing piece.

NEED 4 SEED

Exodus Cheese has been in the USA for decades. Supposedly from a SK#1 ?.. Big Budda cheese seeds are still around. Ive grown many SK#1 seeds, even from Sam. Never found any skunk. Lots of floral earthy plants.

The original Skunk is extinct IMO. Only watered down versions are around today. Some serious recombination breeding needs to happen to bring it back.
I still have that plant and one of it's sisters and I will marry them next year to look for interesting types.

troutman

Seed Whore
Oxidized skunk terps are heavenly!

They use hydrogen peroxide to neutralize Skunk aroma. :whistling:

Hydrogen peroxide reacts with the chemical in the skunk spray and releases oxygen
radicals that neutralize the skunk scent. The smell should quickly disappear.

Donald Mallard

el duck
Veteran
Why ask? Grow sk1. 0 skunk lol c for yourself

mm
was bred out apparently ,, but it was there before that ,
dont bother asking folks to do research when you are not prepared to do any yourself ,
nor do you answer any questions , so dont expect anyone to answer any of yours ...

pretty sure folks say super skunk was skunky ,
which would indicate earlier versions of skunk #1 had skunky notes ...

while i dont live among skunks , and have never smelt one ,
the stuff called skunk we got in the early 90s was extremely pungent weed ,
permeated through the bags and was hard to travel with as a result,
some was likely from nevils camp ,, and some other a friend grew as called cal skunk ...

we had colombian gold also around the same time ,, and some of the skunk had a very similar golden look to it , but the colombian didnt smell of any skunk , nothing like it at all ....

im guessing you are in your mid 40 s based on what you say , the time u began growing , or say you did , and your lack of first hand knowledge on stuff you talk about ...

med-man

Boutique Breeder
ICMag Donor
Veteran
was bred out apparently ,, but it was there before that ,
dont bother asking folks to do research when you are not prepared to do any yourself ,
nor do you answer any questions , so dont expect anyone to answer any of yours ...

pretty sure folks say super skunk was skunky ,
which would indicate earlier versions of skunk #1 had skunky notes ...

while i dont live among skunks , and have never smelt one ,
the stuff called skunk we got in the early 90s was extremely pungent weed ,
permeated through the bags and was hard to travel with as a result,
some was likely from nevils camp ,, and some other a friend grew as called cal skunk ...

we had colombian gold also around the same time ,, and some of the skunk had a very similar golden look to it , but the colombian didnt smell of any skunk , nothing like it at all ....

im guessing you are in your mid 40 s based on what you say , the time u began growing , or say you did , and your lack of first hand knowledge on stuff you talk about ...
Lol first strain I ever smoked or grew to actual fruition was rks.

Pretty sure colombian export for the most part ended in the 80s. Buffalo ranch in Mexico took over 90% of the US market.

At least you got to smoke and smell rks.

Most my posts come with references. Unlike yours. Either you don't read them or just choose to ignore it and look for your comfy confirmation bias echo chamber

mm

Donald Mallard

el duck
Veteran
Lol first strain I ever smoked or grew to actual fruition was rks.

Pretty sure colombian export for the most part ended in the 80s. Buffalo ranch in Mexico took over 90% of the US market.

At least you got to smoke and smell rks.

Most my posts come with references. Unlike yours. Either you don't read them or just choose to ignore it and look for your comfy confirmation bias echo chamber

mm
its been pointed out your references are actually screen shots of stuff you have said in other place ,, thats not really references ,
thats just a guy reassuring himself haha ..
i dont refer, rather i speak from experience,
one can do that when one gets to a certain age and has had a lot of experiences i guess ...
you see it with others in this very thread , older folks with a few experiences under their belt from doing more revolutions of the sun ...
so how old were you when u did your first grow of skunk in 92 ??

Tynehead Tom

Did the original skunk plants smell like fresh skunk spray during flowering? If so then I may have one missing piece.
in the 80's in Surrey/Langley/cloverdale and North Delta (where I grew up) grow ops were everywhere. It was a new thing for people to be growing indoors so the smell killers like carbon filters had not been discovered by growers yet. I remember walking to and from school and you could always smell the skunk smell when the growers crops were ripening or being harvested. I also grew up near an area called Burns bog and North Delta itself had lots of woods and creeks and the powerline easement. Skunk cabbage lined the flats of the creeks by my house and we used to have skunk cabbage fights with the big yellow stems. We would come home reeking of skunk cabbage and get holy hell from mom LOL So there was the grow ops and back in those early 80's days they were growing Skunk. Due to being so close to the bog and other wooded areas we often had possums , pheasants, the very occasional deer but we had skunks too. Certain times of year they were quite common and lots of them got squashed on the main roads. We would have to walk by them quite often on the way to school. So I was exposed to 3 types of Skunk smells as a elementary, junior and senior high kid who walked to school for most of his school years..... through an area rich in grow busts in the 80's and 90's.
The first joint i smoked was with my uncle and it was BC grown Skunk. It was never called Road Kill ever in my memory of being around it. My uncle, my mom's youngest brother, was a long hair harley riding dope grower when I was still in elementary school. He used to ride down the Oregon coast to California. Making stops along the way to visit growers and bring clones and seeds back to Canada. Mostly clones in a small compartment welded into his fuel tank belly. I joined him on a few rides when i was just into my 20's and went to several big get togethers at rural properties in Oregon and Washington where the bikers and the "hippies" got together to BBQ , smoke loads of weed, race old junkers in sip n pass. McCorde was one of the places we went to that I remember the most and my uncle got a lot of genetics from those boys back in those days (early 90's)

I'll wrap it up now that I have laid down a bit of my past when it comes to Skunk. I never grew it but in the late 70's to late 80's it was being grown all over the place and especially all around the neighborhoods I grew up in and walked to school in. I distincly know the smell of dead skunk from walking by them and being feet away as I trudged to school. I distinctly remember the smell of skunk cabbage as I grew up around it and often came home reeking of it. I also distinctly remember the smell of grow ops growing skunk as they also were all around where I grew up and harvests filled the neighborhood for a couple blocks with that heavy odor. We would also witness grow op busts and back then the cops would come out carrying the plants whole and lay them on big tarps for the photo ops LOL So we new the smell very well as kids and into young adults. Skunk was replaced by strains like northern lights and the afghanis like purple afghani, afghani #1 , Hawaiian Indica ect. So by the 90's growers were getting hammered by the cops let right and center and the dealers turned to the hash market instead. In the early 90's it ws easier to score a chunk of hash than to score decent weed.

The places the dealer congregated back then were the new westminister sky train station and the Whalley Exchange bus loop..... were I cut my teeth on becoming a mid level hash and LSD slinger LOL Really good quality hashish was easy to get and I bought by the kilo. Liquid acid was sourced from a trusted chemist on vancouver island. These were easy for me to get ...... but there was no Skunk..... no RKS...... just good hash.
I will stand by the same claim I have made since I saw people calling Skunk..... RKS. It's a myth... a marketting gimick in the seed game. Road Kill Skunk doesn't exist because it;s a made up post 2010 moniker.

Skunk smells like freshly broken skunk cabbage flower. The smell is thick and heavy not acrid and sharp.
The smoke is hashy with a hint of that skunk cabbage in the background but not in your face skunk musk flavor. I remember big bats of skunk being passed around at the Van Halen 5150 tour in high school. The much older guys in front of us just kept lighting them up and passing them out. That night was probably one of the last times I ever saw or heard of anyone with skunk let alone passing joints of it around.

find the old clone.... you will have skunk. If it was that good someone would have it.
How many breeders out there in the last decade have been able to honestly produce a seed line that is a stable and homozygeous Skunk weed???? Some of the very best have tried. All are chasing the RKS which is a MYTH.

Someone prove me wrong

med-man

Boutique Breeder
ICMag Donor
Veteran
its been pointed out your references are actually screen shots of stuff you have said in other place ,, thats not really references ,
thats just a guy reassuring himself haha ..
i dont refer, rather i speak from experience,
one can do that when one gets to a certain age and has had a lot of experiences i guess ...
you see it with others in this very thread , older folks with a few experiences under their belt from doing more revolutions of the sun ...
so how old were you when u did your first grow of skunk in 92 ??
Never grown colombian = no experience.

I couod care less about the screenshots my stalkers arw sharing. I share references. Once again. Your confirmation bias is beyond compare. And conflating other people's references with mine mean nothing.

I'm glad alot of old timers here smoked cg. Too bad they never grew it tho. Once again making them tenured in smoking but have never grown it means 0

mm

Donald Mallard

el duck
Veteran
who said no one grew it ?
i have as have others on this thread but as also mentioned we dont need to document everything we do, but i can be 100% sure ive grown a lot more cannabis than u ever have ..
I dont feel the need to show it all on forums, especially to guys like you who wont even answer questions...

med-man

Boutique Breeder
ICMag Donor
Veteran
who said no one grew it ?
i have as have others on this thread but as also mentioned we dont need to document everything we do, but i can be 100% sure ive grown a lot more cannabis than u ever have ..
I dont feel the need to show it all on forums, especially to guys like you who wont even answer questions...
You literally said you only grew thai back in the day when you first started commenting.

Admitted to no colombian lol

So what story are you sticking with?

mm

Donald Mallard

el duck
Veteran
You literally said you only grew thai back in the day when you first started commenting.

Admitted to no colombian lol

So what story are you sticking with?

mm
Hahaha really show the quote, I have definitely grown some Colombian but mostly hybrids and they look like what you showed which is what I probably said

Do some research and find the quote hahaha

yesum

ICMag Donor
Veteran
My one and only time with 'Skunk' was in '85 or so. To me it had a pine note to it which is close to skunk I guess. Super chill sativa high. Not better than I have had since with a number of strains I have grown out. The modern skunk seed I have grown out had less of that biting pine odor but the high was about the same.

Not sure but I think this fixation with skunk is more about fond memories than a great difference in effects felt from modern skunk or sativa leaning hybrids.

Lots of people grew out Colombian in the seventies but did not get it to finish ripe or even buds of any kind. The fermentation of the pot was key to the odor, or that is my take on it. It made it a lot more pungent.

exoticrobotic

Its funny we all posting our experiences with something most likely very different in our minds even to each other.

in my mind, Skunk, first hit the uk in the early 90s.

It had all deep notes to it, no high notes at all and looked like it had been grown with pgrs.

Very dense bud, no stems, just tight crumbly densely stacked calyxes

Very deep malty hoppy beery funk. A small bud would overpoweringly stink up a whole room and stairway and outside.

But that is only what i think of as skunk.

High was all encompassing, very strong but bit of a paranoid edge to it, both in the smoke effect and the fact it stank so strong it turned people's heads as you walked past.

Last edited:

exoticrobotic

I'm sure such olfactory notes can be found all over the Cannabis spectrum but that doesnt automatically make it rks does it?

NEED 4 SEED

in the 80's in Surrey/Langley/cloverdale and North Delta (where I grew up) grow ops were everywhere. It was a new thing for people to be growing indoors so the smell killers like carbon filters had not been discovered by growers yet. I remember walking to and from school and you could always smell the skunk smell when the growers crops were ripening or being harvested. I also grew up near an area called Burns bog and North Delta itself had lots of woods and creeks and the powerline easement. Skunk cabbage lined the flats of the creeks by my house and we used to have skunk cabbage fights with the big yellow stems. We would come home reeking of skunk cabbage and get holy hell from mom LOL So there was the grow ops and back in those early 80's days they were growing Skunk. Due to being so close to the bog and other wooded areas we often had possums , pheasants, the very occasional deer but we had skunks too. Certain times of year they were quite common and lots of them got squashed on the main roads. We would have to walk by them quite often on the way to school. So I was exposed to 3 types of Skunk smells as a elementary, junior and senior high kid who walked to school for most of his school years..... through an area rich in grow busts in the 80's and 90's.
The first joint i smoked was with my uncle and it was BC grown Skunk. It was never called Road Kill ever in my memory of being around it. My uncle, my mom's youngest brother, was a long hair harley riding dope grower when I was still in elementary school. He used to ride down the Oregon coast to California. Making stops along the way to visit growers and bring clones and seeds back to Canada. Mostly clones in a small compartment welded into his fuel tank belly. I joined him on a few rides when i was just into my 20's and went to several big get togethers at rural properties in Oregon and Washington where the bikers and the "hippies" got together to BBQ , smoke loads of weed, race old junkers in sip n pass. McCorde was one of the places we went to that I remember the most and my uncle got a lot of genetics from those boys back in those days (early 90's)

I'll wrap it up now that I have laid down a bit of my past when it comes to Skunk. I never grew it but in the late 70's to late 80's it was being grown all over the place and especially all around the neighborhoods I grew up in and walked to school in. I distincly know the smell of dead skunk from walking by them and being feet away as I trudged to school. I distinctly remember the smell of skunk cabbage as I grew up around it and often came home reeking of it. I also distinctly remember the smell of grow ops growing skunk as they also were all around where I grew up and harvests filled the neighborhood for a couple blocks with that heavy odor. We would also witness grow op busts and back then the cops would come out carrying the plants whole and lay them on big tarps for the photo ops LOL So we new the smell very well as kids and into young adults. Skunk was replaced by strains like northern lights and the afghanis like purple afghani, afghani #1 , Hawaiian Indica ect. So by the 90's growers were getting hammered by the cops let right and center and the dealers turned to the hash market instead. In the early 90's it ws easier to score a chunk of hash than to score decent weed.

The places the dealer congregated back then were the new westminister sky train station and the Whalley Exchange bus loop..... were I cut my teeth on becoming a mid level hash and LSD slinger LOL Really good quality hashish was easy to get and I bought by the kilo. Liquid acid was sourced from a trusted chemist on vancouver island. These were easy for me to get ...... but there was no Skunk..... no RKS...... just good hash.
I will stand by the same claim I have made since I saw people calling Skunk..... RKS. It's a myth... a marketting gimick in the seed game. Road Kill Skunk doesn't exist because it;s a made up post 2010 moniker.

Skunk smells like freshly broken skunk cabbage flower. The smell is thick and heavy not acrid and sharp.
The smoke is hashy with a hint of that skunk cabbage in the background but not in your face skunk musk flavor. I remember big bats of skunk being passed around at the Van Halen 5150 tour in high school. The much older guys in front of us just kept lighting them up and passing them out. That night was probably one of the last times I ever saw or heard of anyone with skunk let alone passing joints of it around.

find the old clone.... you will have skunk. If it was that good someone would have it.
How many breeders out there in the last decade have been able to honestly produce a seed line that is a stable and homozygeous Skunk weed???? Some of the very best have tried. All are chasing the RKS which is a MYTH.

Someone prove me wrong
Thanks for the long reply...that really seems to confirm my assumption and also what my old class mate said that Roadkill just reeks like generic spicy weed. Still there is my recently selected plant that has the fresh skunk spray smell in flower which is very unique and, according to the hype, there seems to be potential for selling a seed line made from it.

Status
Not open for further replies.