What's new
Status
Not open for further replies.
2 Peruvian golds from deep in the #jungle of the Amazon rain forest in atalaya where #chocolate originated.

my guess is this pure #landrace #columbiangold came to the region with #coca producers from #Columbia in the 80s when the columbian government cracked down on cartels and they moved to #peru and #Bolivia where to my knowledge has been untouched since

there is a diversity from chocolate, woods and #roadkillskunk. very pungent either way. but looking for the skunkers for my road-kill project I revived last year after taking a 10 year break.

#medmanbrand #lordofloud #loudskunk #skunk

20230227_131001.jpg
20230227_131011.jpg
20230227_131014.jpg
20230227_131017.jpg

NEED 4 SEED

Its funny we all posting our experiences with something most likely very different in our minds even to each other.

in my mind, Skunk, first hit the uk in the early 90s.

It had all deep notes to it, no high notes at all and looked like it had been grown with pgrs.

Very dense bud, no stems, just tight crumbly densely stacked calyxes

Very deep malty hoppy beery funk. A small bud would overpoweringly stink up a whole room and stairway and outside.

But that is only what i think of as skunk.

High was all encompassing, very strong but bit of a paranoid edge to it, both in the smoke effect and the fact it stank so strong it turned people's heads as you walked past.
The beer hoppy type is the one I do really miss. When the alleged Roadkill is gone then the beer funk is gone as well. At least in the usual suspects like sensi and stuff. Their plants all dance around the center but never hit the spot since ages. I still don't give up yet.

Tynehead Tom

The thing is , you can take many strains of weed today .... leave them in a baggie in the car and come back an hour later and your car reeks of a skunk factory. We have all caught those skunky funky odors from cannabis that as far as we know, is unrelated to any skunk weeds. Yaya sam the skunkface says all our weed came from his skunk lines.... LOL all day long.

If there ever was an actual RKS , it was a clone native to some specific area but it certainly wasn't the BC Skunk that was grown and shipped to the other provinces or to USA buyers faster than it could be grown.
BC Skunk made headlines back in the day and it was the beginning of putting the lowermainland on the map as the amsterdam of the north. BC was a melting pot of cannabis strains back in the day and many a cup was won world wide with "bc bud".

Now as far as finding a seedline to satisfy the RKS hype.... Yes that person , if they find it and market it well could be the next big shot in the game. However this is a fool's quest as far as I'm concerned because I look at all the big name breeders with all thier global and grassroots connections and still no "Skunk" seed line.
That is not to discount the wonderful work being done by breeders all over the world in this regard it's just that if anyone is gonna find it, it's going to be one of those guys that can run numbers or has multiple grows phenohunting mutliple seedlines and all working together to achieve the goal..... guess what??? even that has been tried and still no one skunk to rule them all ..... no RKS.

it's a myth born from the never ending quest us weed growers have to find what we haven't found yet..... that holy grail plant.... the one to rule them all.

Just enjoy your cannabis for what it is and don't spend time or money chasing myths.
I hope one day some lays a cut on me and says here man..... now eat some crow...... and I will.

NEED 4 SEED

The thing is , you can take many strains of weed today .... leave them in a baggie in the car and come back an hour later and your car reeks of a skunk factory. We have all caught those skunky funky odors from cannabis that as far as we know, is unrelated to any skunk weeds. Yaya sam the skunkface says all our weed came from his skunk lines.... LOL all day long.

If there ever was an actual RKS , it was a clone native to some specific area but it certainly wasn't the BC Skunk that was grown and shipped to the other provinces or to USA buyers faster than it could be grown.
BC Skunk made headlines back in the day and it was the beginning of putting the lowermainland on the map as the amsterdam of the north. BC was a melting pot of cannabis strains back in the day and many a cup was won world wide with "bc bud".

Now as far as finding a seedline to satisfy the RKS hype.... Yes that person , if they find it and market it well could be the next big shot in the game. However this is a fool's quest as far as I'm concerned because I look at all the big name breeders with all thier global and grassroots connections and still no "Skunk" seed line.
That is not to discount the wonderful work being done by breeders all over the world in this regard it's just that if anyone is gonna find it, it's going to be one of those guys that can run numbers or has multiple grows phenohunting mutliple seedlines and all working together to achieve the goal..... guess what??? even that has been tried and still no one skunk to rule them all ..... no RKS.

it's a myth born from the never ending quest us weed growers have to find what we haven't found yet..... that holy grail plant.... the one to rule them all.

Just enjoy your cannabis for what it is and don't spend time or money chasing myths.
I hope one day some lays a cut on me and says here man..... now eat some crow...... and I will.
I will try making a selfed version of my "spray" clone and a feminized f1 with it's sister coming spring. If you would like to try the seeds just dm me. I would treasure the opinion of an experienced nose like yours, ha...anybody else is invited too. No charge.

Donald Mallard

el duck
Veteran
hawaiin landraces ,, where ,,
weed hasnt been there long enough for them to be considered Hawaiin landraces,
though landraces have been grown there , they are not considered hawaiin landraces,
ive certainly grown some hawaiin stuff though,
i may have grown a little colombian , though mostly hybrids by way of haze and haze hybrids ,
some of they hybrids looked more like pure sativa than the stuff you showed btw

and i may have grown some thai too ,
anyhow your just deflecting and trying to move the spotlight off your inaccuracies ...
there u go mm ,
because i know you would be too lazy to look up what i had written previously,
there it is ,,
yes colombian , mostly hybrids though ,,
probably worry more about what you write rather than trying to pull me up on my mistakes ...

this thread is crazy :D

I already forgot that mm existed, but this thread reminded me.
Years ago I received OG Kush x TD freebies together with seeds I ordered. Dont remember details anymore, it could have been orderd from attitude possibly, dont know anymore I made too many orders in the past. Didnt know MM brand so I gave it a try.

Result was two females that reminded me some classic skunk polyhybrids pollen chuck of average quality like you can get from every second NL seedbank bag. Some of those early girls or super early siver bla bla skunk or so, I dont know...
What I know is it had zero OG Kush in it based on every aspect I can look on, Smell, high, plant structure, flowering time, rosin production. Or the TD which I dont know what it was, completly ruined it and I would not use it as parental plant for breeding.
I think there was zero OG and it was just name made for good sell.

I know another man who this comunity does not like much I think. He also didnt handle some comments here and shown us some ugly stuff but it was bit diferent than this.
It is what it is, but with all respect, Archive seeds OG...blew my Face Off in comparsion with this OG hybrid.

I would probably be too lazy to write about OG K x TD if I didnt spot this thread. Now when i saw it I felt like I should share my experience.

revegeta666

Not ICMag Donor
Now when i saw it I felt like I should share my experience.

Thank you for sharing your trauma with the group. You are in a safe place here among friends. You are very brave for surviving medman and helping others get meducated and making it through this trying experience.

There's also someone he reminds me of, who is on this forum, @awwc. I think he has me on ignore so I'm not sure he will see this tag. This is the most bullshitting man I have encountered in any forums, let alone cannabis forums. He lies non stop, but here is the funniest memory I have of him:

He was on a different forum I am also a part of, where he tried to make people believe he was a big deal grower who drove a Maserati. When people made fun of him for lying about his car, he uploaded some pictures of said Maserati to the thread, to supposedly p0wn those making fun of him. Then people searched for Maserati pictures on google, and the pictures he had uploaded were the first few in the google search for "maserati" :ROFLMAO: Probably the laziest and dumbest liar on the internet. THen he came to this forum and was comparing himself to Plato and Socrates. Good stuff.

revegeta666

Not ICMag Donor
"THen he came to this forum and was comparing himself to Plato and Socrates. Good stuff"

I thought Luther Burbank
There you go I searched it for you 😂

I'm seriously wondering if they're the same persons

Dime

My MGM genetics line is composed of BC’s and Canada’s most used clones, and hoarded respectfully. MGM genetics is now all inbred lines. I have spent years keeping these plants alive. Sometime not even flowering them for years, or breeding them for that matter. These lines are tried, tested and true. And it is with great pleasure that i now offer to the world what i have had with me for so long, worked on so much, won so many trophies and competitions and used for myself medically, into your homes and production facilities. When grown under optimal conditions, they will taste how they smell, have no ceiling and will be impossible to build immunity to. from my garden to yours, from my hands to yours. How dope is that? Use with med-man brand nutes, the med-man method and med-man beds or tables for best results!

Nice one buddy. Sounds like you wrote some of them yourself?

This is my fave one
“med-man is a world dominator…he is like the rockstar of our industry”
– Jose Dominguez

Last edited:

NEED 4 SEED

this thread is crazy :D

I already forgot that mm existed, but this thread reminded me.
Years ago I received OG Kush x TD freebies together with seeds I ordered. Dont remember details anymore, it could have been orderd from attitude possibly, dont know anymore I made too many orders in the past. Didnt know MM brand so I gave it a try.

Result was two females that reminded me some classic skunk polyhybrids pollen chuck of average quality like you can get from every second NL seedbank bag. Some of those early girls or super early siver bla bla skunk or so, I dont know...
What I know is it had zero OG Kush in it based on every aspect I can look on, Smell, high, plant structure, flowering time, rosin production. Or the TD which I dont know what it was, completly ruined it and I would not use it as parental plant for breeding.
I think there was zero OG and it was just name made for good sell.

I know another man who this comunity does not like much I think. He also didnt handle some comments here and shown us some ugly stuff but it was bit diferent than this.
It is what it is, but with all respect, Archive seeds OG...blew my Face Off in comparsion with this OG hybrid.

I would probably be too lazy to write about OG K x TD if I didnt spot this thread. Now when i saw it I felt like I should share my experience.
I think this thread slowly turns into some kind of witch hunt. MM isn't trying to sell you people here something, is he?
Complaining about freebies, what is this...I had the OG Kush x TD too and grew them as well and got a few nice phenos. No keepers at the time but still not bad, certainly had much worse stuff from more "respected breeders" that sell 5 seeds for 100 bucks or more.
What I see atm is a guy trying to re-create a heirloom line, documenting the steps. That's not unethical, not more than selling chemdog s1 that bring only average plants. I think you people in here should all calm down a bit and let him do his thing. In the end the seed game a faith thing anyway. I spent thousands on CSI, grew a few packs of them...and don't have a keeper yet, lol. He at least seems to try to give some info which many do not. Sorry, I had to say this. This comes from my heart. Live and let live...

Wolverine97

Veteran
Another interesting side-story:
After more than 30 years I had met a girl from my school class that moved overseas to colorado and what can I say, we also talked about weed and I asked her about skunks (which are living there) and their smell and she said that the fresh spray smells really bad but when a skunk gets hit by a car in a distance it smells like weed. This indicates to me that the roadkill smell may not be that distinctive like the fresh spray, but that's just an assumption at this point and I like to be corrected if needed.
Skunk Weed/Skunk Bud smells like that, a skunk that sprayed off in the distance. Or the smell you get as you drive by a dead skunk on the side of the road. Not what the carcass smells like up close. Just the whiff you get as you pass by, or smelt from a distance.

Too many people take advantage of you Euro guys who don't have a baseline reference for what a skunk smells like. MM here is one of them.

Rgd

Veteran
I see that now. After buying that skunk spray I tend to recognise it in other things like when cooking with garlic or, as I already wrote in overgrow, rim cleaner, which has also almost the same smell as the Skunk urine in the little brown bottle.
if you shoot a skunk[rabid in this case] and quickly pick it up with a shovel and are ion very close proximity

it smells more like some weird onion/garlic gas..and not the rks small we love

left bit mix and yeh..it smell like “verified” skunk

NEED 4 SEED

Skunk Weed/Skunk Bud smells like that, a skunk that sprayed off in the distance. Or the smell you get as you drive by a dead skunk on the side of the road. Not what the carcass smells like up close. Just the whiff you get as you pass by, or smelt from a distance.

Too many people take advantage of you Euro guys who don't have a baseline reference for what a skunk smells like. MM here is one of them.
I think that's a thing of the past. Nobody today in Europe is buying skunk seeds or buds hoping for a Roadkill type of smell. The damage of the name switch was done decades ago. Europeans expect that hoppy smell today when buying skunk tagged genetics. And I believe that is the case with lots of younger Americans too in 2023. No need to belittle us for not knowing the smell.

Status
Not open for further replies.