What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

Professor P's Macro thread

Some of, if not the greatest pictures of cannabis I have ever witnessed. You have a gift sir. What an incredible display. Thank you for sharing your talent with us, truly beautiful work man!

OLDproLg

Veteran
Right on point P!!

Cant wait to see what ya do with my gear;)
Limonana Haze to the face!!!
Ohhhh...
Lg

professor p

Veteran
Hello folks!!

sorry for not being around lately, been busy with life's inconsistencies :comfort:

Here's a few shots of a new strain in the works..

Kali Snapple X Oregon Huckleberry

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Mr.Demeter

wow wow Wooow! Professor p who is the breeder of that "Bluniverse" pictured above? Any info on the strain or a link would be greatly appreciated! Great shots mate, looks like professional photography at its finest! :tiphat:

Ph-patrol

Veteran
Congrats on up coming publication. Skunk Mag is lucky to have your work displayed.
You do some fine Macro shots.
I spend a lot of time with loop in hand.Gazing at the stars

professor p

Veteran
Thanks for stopping thru everyone. :huggg:

I'll be getting some more photos uploaded when I have time.

wow wow Wooow! Professor p who is the breeder of that "Bluniverse" pictured above? Any info on the strain or a link would be greatly appreciated! Great shots mate, looks like professional photography at its finest! :tiphat:

Hello Mr.Demeter, Thanks for the kind words...

Bluniverse= Blue Magoo x Ms.Universe (#10male) :tiphat:

Cheers

Mr.Demeter

Thanks for stopping thru everyone. :huggg:

I'll be getting some more photos uploaded when I have time.

Hello Mr.Demeter, Thanks for the kind words...

Bluniverse= Blue Magoo x Ms.Universe (#10male) :tiphat:

Cheers

Sounds and looks tantalizing! Definitely looks like you picked the best candidates to ensure an excellent lineage. Mad props mate!:tiphat:

Sam_Skunkman

"RESIN BREEDER"
Veteran
Very nice photos, I love the super close ups that show the insides of the resin heads the stems and the cells inside/under the resin head, to cool.
Is there a way that the resin heads and stems could be sized in the photo with some kind of built in micron gauge in the photo/camera? I am wondering what the different sizes are fresh before drying, when dry they can be put through a sizing screen set to determine sizes and ratios of particles.
Great photos, do you know Marc Richardson, Bubbleman?
All the best,
-SamS

soserthc1

Only got thru about 3 pages so far , jumped ahead to see if you were still active ...

Seems you are . Hope life is treating you as good as those flowers look sir .....

Gonna ride along with the show if you"ll have me .

And spend a chunk of my Easter coastin thru the rest of this thread!!

Be well my friend
Sose

professor p

Veteran
Very nice photos, I love the super close ups that show the insides of the resin heads the stems and the cells inside/under the resin head, to cool.
Is there a way that the resin heads and stems could be sized in the photo with some kind of built in micron gauge in the photo/camera? I am wondering what the different sizes are fresh before drying, when dry they can be put through a sizing screen set to determine sizes and ratios of particles.
Great photos, do you know Marc Richardson, Bubbleman?
All the best,
-SamS

Hello SamS,

Thank you for the kind words.

I've been shooting macros seriously for about 10yrs now, and I shot with Nikon for over 8yrs of that time.

It wasn't until last year when I asked bubbleman for a bit of info on his setup and that's when I switched to Canon (pretty much just for the Mp-e 65mm lens). He's been a big help on steering me towards the proper flash/lens ect. :tiphat: Big ups to Marcus for his unselfishness of sharing knowledge. ;)

It's a great idea about the micron sizing chart build in to the camera/lens! Shooting the same strains for years certainly helps me estimate micron size, and I've become fairly seasoned at the guessing game of micron catching.

It also depends on if the trichomes are extracted fresh or dried, because the size can change when the moisture is lost.. They can also expand with fresh/frozen (many indicas fall in the 90micron), while many of my sativas will fall one or two bags lower (73u or 45u).

It's a fun guessing game, but a chart/diagram would certainly be more efficient. :biggrin:

Much love