What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

Professor P's Macro thread

Ph-patrol

Veteran
A sexy lady

A sexy lady

A very nice pre98 bubba cross.The Blue Magoo seems to bring a lot to the Salmon River.Nice work P.:tiphat:

Grown by Dynasty Genetics
SR-OG-branch-1-of-1.jpg

Hi Prof. P

unuseless say: " amazing pics" ... they really are.. :woohoo:

I'm just a neofite as photographer and would be great for me have some tips about the camera setting.. I own a body D 7000 Nikon and I'm planning to go on the bay to find some chep lens.. I seen 55 mm macro ais + tube .. or (but it would cost more..) a 105 f4 macro + tube both nikkor.. whta's your opinion to start ?.. or instead can U suggest others lenses ?

p.s. 3d subscribed :laughing:

:tiphat:

b8man

Veteran
These need to be printed and mounted on my wall! I don't know art, but I know what I like.

professor p

Veteran
Hi Prof. P

unuseless say: " amazing pics" ... they really are.

I'm just a neofite as photographer and would be great for me have some tips about the camera setting.. I own a body D 7000 Nikon and I'm planning to go on the bay to find some chep lens.. I seen 55 mm macro ais + tube .. or (but it would cost more..) a 105 f4 macro + tube both nikkor.. whta's your opinion to start ?.. or instead can U suggest others lenses ?

p.s. 3d subscribed

:tiphat:

Hello! I shot nikon for 8years before switching to Canon and I loved the 105mm Nikon VR macro lens… I always invested in lenses first because camera bodies are basically replaceable, while lenses hold their value.. hope this helps a little..

Here's a few more shots for the meantime!

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Ollie

Veteran
Damn You keep posting the shit bro, looks SICK.

It´s time to get Cannabis art more mainstream, accepted and appreciated.

Once Things start to be looked at as art, a Whole other set of rules takes place.

Would be cool to operate a gallery / webshop with high quality cannabis prints / canvas ..

Weed need it !

Mikell

Dipshit Know-Nothing
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Prints are an interesting idea, I'd be a happy customer. There's a certain beauty to these macro shots in comparison to the standard fare.

RoostaPhish

Veteran
Ohh my goodness Salmon River OG, Guessing she is half Salmon Creek BB, if so wow, and oldie and a goodie. I can only imagine how stellar she would be OD.

Hello! I shot nikon for 8years before switching to Canon and I loved the 105mm Nikon VR macro lens… I always invested in lenses first because camera bodies are basically replaceable, while lenses hold their value.. hope this helps a little.

hello Professor P, this help a lot.. actually I do with a 16-85 f 3,5-5,6 (nikon) and the best that I can do without tube or close up add lens is just:

malawi gold x cinderella 99 (afropips)

Double Jam (Underground Collective)

... so I will follow your tips, thank you :tiphat:

Sam_Skunkman

"RESIN BREEDER"
Veteran
Beautiful shots,
Yes I understand the size differences in resin that is fresh and wet and the same resin dry, it would be nice to see both on a micron sizing chart build in to the camera/lens.
Even nicer would be the same resin head photographed when fresh harvested, and then every week or so until dry as a bone, with all the size and color changes recored and photoshopped into one photo of them side by side, or even better several different varieties of resin heads side by side and photographed every week as they dry....
As well as week by week as they flowered alive, both from the clear to milky and to the eventual tan, red and brown or maybe other colors. A branch with a small bud can be left on the plants months past harvest. Maybe a greenhouse to keep from the rain, cold is fine I bet it makes more colors?
Do you find that many of the most resinous varieties like Ice or White widow, and many of the WLD (Indica) varieties have more non glandular hairs, cystoliths then resin heads? And the heads are smaller? I like my heads big, the bigger the better.....
As long as they are high in THC and the terpenes I love.

What do you mean "They can also expand with fresh/frozen"?
The size is not getting bigger after harvest is it?

Thanks for the photos,
How do I get one print without your digital signature on it? I like super super close up of a single resin head so you can see all the cells in the stem and all in the base of the head, if it was Skunk #1 all the better but that is less important actually, I just like looking in side a resin head while it is alive, the closer the better.
All the best,
-SamS

Hello SamS,

Thank you for the kind words.

I've been shooting macros seriously for about 10yrs now, and I shot with Nikon for over 8yrs of that time.

It wasn't until last year when I asked bubbleman for a bit of info on his setup and that's when I switched to Canon (pretty much just for the Mp-e 65mm lens). He's been a big help on steering me towards the proper flash/lens ect. :tiphat: Big ups to Marcus for his unselfishness of sharing knowledge. ;)

It's a great idea about the micron sizing chart build in to the camera/lens! Shooting the same strains for years certainly helps me estimate micron size, and I've become fairly seasoned at the guessing game of micron catching.

It also depends on if the trichomes are extracted fresh or dried, because the size can change when the moisture is lost.. They can also expand with fresh/frozen (many indicas fall in the 90micron), while many of my sativas will fall one or two bags lower (73u or 45u).

It's a fun guessing game, but a chart/diagram would certainly be more efficient. :biggrin:

Much love

Last edited:

OLDproLg

Veteran
I thought the same idea SAM!!!

Cool brother,let us see the degrading /curing
differences in aging resin heads.......

Took the words right out of my mouth sam!
Lg;)go P..go.....