What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

Pre---Y2K---AK

LouDog420

All mine preflower heavy. I'd go as far to say semi-auto, where they want to flower when root bound, regardless of light cycle. More so than anything else in my stable. This is more noticeable from clone due to the sexual maturity of the plant.

I don't remember any trifoliates, but might have occurred on one of the dozen or so that were culled and my memory is foggy ;)

LouDog420

hi, i remember this ,1999.2000, was 2 strong , in clean blood =whitey=1 hit 'whitey . does anyone have the long flowering cherry sativa cherry a k47
I have a long flowering, sandalwood/cherry leaning. Very sticky resin but narrow spear, thinner buds. Nice density on what's there, but just thin spears compared to today's standard commercial varieties.

She's the runner up from the packs I ran, but keeping her around for now to chuck pollen and maybe reverse my keeper to hit to her for genetic preservation (or lost finds a nice male and is generous enough to share a pinch of dust ;))

full

full

Dime

1st pic is from seeds of the most sativa ak47 plant I had of the bunch,it was really potent even seeded,it's very thin and looks like a low yielder but the others I planted were male and I didn't need pollen. I made c99 hash now I can compare which makes better hash, next time I'm making some oil.

Attachments

• ak47.jpg
    ak47.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 50
  • 20230304_231227.jpg
    20230304_231227.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 46
  • 20230307_211754.jpg
    20230307_211754.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 48
  • 20230308_145701.jpg
    20230308_145701.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 48

Happy Times

Nice, I'll be watching this one. The AK holds a special place in my heart.

AK-47 was one of the first strains I got "really high" from when I was 16 at my buddy's house. He was having a party and my other buddy brought over a quarter of AK-47 and me and two other dudes smoked the whole fucking thing in like 2 hours out of a homemade water bottle bong.

I got so fucking paranoid about his parents coming home early I started cleaning his whole house. I got garbage bags and was throwing away empty cans, picking up cigarette butts outside, the works. I tried burning a CD for the party (yes, this is how long ago this was) and I literally could not figure out how to work the software on my friend's PC, and I'm super technical. Incredible memories.

I've heard nothing but good things about Joey's gear.
Dang he should buy some cleaning supplies and have you over more often! With that AK of course

LostTribe

Premium user
what are your findings? what do you think? is this Joey Weed stock? any good smells?
AK use to rock my brain hard. i definitely have a soft spot for this one...
I'm still high as a kite. Not alot of smell per se but its strong and has more of the pheno's I saw in the earlier Serious AK. I did not find any true males in the first pack. I have 2 or 3 packs saved though.

Wuachuma

AK47 was first out around 1992 but many years ago there was a claim someone saved seeds of it since the 1970's and never got credit and gave some seeds away in Holland and it was simply reproduced . I don't know how todays ak47 compares to the original release because i haven't ran the newer ones,but it still wins awards today in both sativa and indica judging . When it was released it had no rival until Jack came along. It is a 50/50 strain that grows and looks like an indica until flowering with a sativa high without the anxiety or nervous tension and a very potent,high quality,long lasting experience . It pretty much set the bar and was the reference strain for one hitter quitters and every pack was keepers when it first hit the market. It and Jack Herer were studied for medical use because of their power and uniqueness and were first to be offered at pharmacies. It is the reason anyone even knows about Serious Seeds and they have never found anything more powerful to date and their next best today is perhaps Warlock as Kali has sadly changed. Ak 47 has been around for 30 years and is still a player and still gaining fans. for breeding,it's like old sk#1,it improved whatever it was crossed with and remained vigorous even inbred.
Having been in the seed game almost 2 decades - I don't immediately distrust claims that AK-47 is older and not made by Serious. The fact it got worse over time because they couldn't remake it points to this. But who knows. Seems like all the Dutch strains and 2000's have been lost to time as they suffer from inbreeding depression

Thcvhunter

Veteran
Cherry AK47 x Alien Kush
Made by Keed Weed Seed early 2010's

They both have Ludens cherry cough drop and 1980's cough syrup smells.
Slight hamster cage smell I usually attribute to OGKush
IMG_20240821_114333 (1).png
IMG_20240821_114333.png
IMG_20240821_114306.png
IMG_20240821_114306 (1).png
IMG_20240821_114306 (4).png