What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

Pre---Y2K---AK

Dime

Took them off flourescents tonight and put them under a 600mh,AK47 on the left.

Attachments

• 20230212_202448.jpg
    20230212_202448.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 51
  • 20230212_203720.jpg
    20230212_203720.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 52

LostTribe

Premium user
I flipped monday. I have 2 females showing. The first one is a bit narrower and the other is pretty fat by comparison. I would not say that AK produces as narrow a leaf as some of the equatorial landrace varieties or other pure sativa's that I have experience with but more of a hybrid leaf in the middle for the most part but there are fatter leaves in some of them and the narrower are probably of higher quality.

I ran AK back on OG/CW and found cherry in the old seeds. These remind me of those plants but it is still early. I was one of the other guys discussing the cherry with Nebuchadnezzar, who used his to make the black russian.

So far I am not seeing any intersex issues but the strange growth from the runts may have some issues and will let you know. I am holding off on germing anymore.

The light is a 250w quantum board with 3000k lm301h samsung diodes as well as far red 660's. I would prefer the mars bar light spectrum. I have one of the cheaper mars and its pretty good.

Last edited:

LouDog420

I should have said narrower when compared to the rest of the plants from the same packs. Of course you're not going to have thin landrace equatorial type narrow leaves.

I didn't see intersex issues on the males until 4+ weeks into flower, then they started throwing stigmas all over their tops.

Good vibes,
LD

Dime

Where did you acquire your AK? I can't believe they've been in bloom for nearly a week well already.
From Serious a long time ago and the one is from seeds from them, there's only 1 ak in there the others are w russians,the other ak's I planted were male,maybe I got more males due to time of season. i thinks it's close to a week, I didn't let them go for a week to acclimate because they took undisturbed, I had them on 24/0 and were showing an odd calyx.

LostTribe

Premium user
Update 3 confirmed females, 2 confirmed males and a runt that looks female.

The runt is a trifolate as is the second female. One of the males started out very whirled but has started growing normally. I have not seen any other previous or recent serious AK that did this. I was thinking that it is possible that JW used GA3 or another PGH on the old seeds if they wouldnt germinate to re make this batch. That might also explain lou dogs reports of intersexed males. I am about 2 weeks into bloom and only single sex plants so far.

Other than the strange growth on a couple the two bigger females look exactly as I remember from my first AK grows from long ago. They are already shooting pistils. Bushy structure and strong branching. The third female does have hollow stems but the canopy was very dense so that might have been a factor.

The two males are currently in with the rest and I am keeping a sharp eye on them. Once I see pollen I will be removing them to collect pollen and maybe reveg if need be. The larger male looks very similar to my favorite female at least structurally.

LostTribe

Premium user
I had one male that looked very nice and I decided to put it back in veg and when I did,it produced stigmas so I ditched it and I had a female that had a flat main stem and a cple branches that were flat as well. All my females were hollow stem except it.
Good to know. I sort of remember them showing alot of preflowers back then. They look impressive to me so far either way. If they are anything like back in the day sandlewood or cherry or whatever as long as its the old school flavor I will be happy.

I am nearly out of this little bit that I got. Its quite nice reminds me of the ak that was going around colorado along time ago.

LostTribe

Premium user
Dime have you found any Trifolates? I dont have pics but this is what I am talking about. This is from BH#7 x A5. Well its half of it, the other trait is the stems all of a sudden start growing two without topping. Sort of like if it had a twin within itself. Strange growth.

full

Dime

Dime have you found any Trifolates? I dont have pics but this is what I am talking about. This is from BH#7 x A5. Well its half of it, the other trait is the stems all of a sudden start growing two without topping. Sort of like if it had a twin within itself. Strange growth.

full
No I haven't ran across that yet. Are you growing led? The reason I ask is because when I put them under led they stay short and HID they don't even MH,maybe it's due to more light i dunno.. I was thinking next time I do run I might let them flower a cple weeks under the led until the stretch is close to done. I can tell already the white russians are going to out yield the ak,hopefully they are potent too,it's the first run for them.

Latest posts

Latest posts