What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

Pre---Y2K---AK

Zaza42

garden_dreams_iv_by_420imaging_dclrp3e-350t.jpg
041705201500_by_vergvoktre_ddxdxxf-350t.jpg

LostTribe

Premium user
3/4 new soaking on a heat mat set to 82F this time. Tap roots looking fat and healthy thats much better. I think the temp is helping. I am going to go ahead and put those 3 in loose jiffy plugs and put the remaining one back on the mat.

Heard it on the radio seen it on the tv show A to the K

LostTribe

Premium user
Y2K AK
DSC08494.JPG
DSC08495.JPG

DSC08505.JPG

The little un over there actually looks way better than yesterday. Hope is alive.

2 of the others are out of the jiffy cubes with one more that had a tap root and the last one had cracked but not openned. It looked healthy and still not mushy after 3 days. I changed out the TP after 48 hours and kept it on a heat mat in a food container at 84F. I used an exacto knife to carefully try and scar the outside of the shell where it divides, put it in a jiffy cube and asked Jah to give it his blessings!

:ying:
LT

Dime

Y2K AK
View attachment 18803477 View attachment 18803478
View attachment 18803479
The little un over there actually looks way better than yesterday. Hope is alive.

2 of the others are out of the jiffy cubes with one more that had a tap root and the last one had cracked but not openned. It looked healthy and still not mushy after 3 days. I changed out the TP after 48 hours and kept it on a heat mat in a food container at 84F. I used an exacto knife to carefully try and scar the outside of the shell where it divides, put it in a jiffy cube and asked Jah to give it his blessings!

:ying:
LT
Unsexed ak47 f3 in back, lots of stink on 2 of them already,white russians in front are a lot louder though. 2-3 more weeks then I'll flower them and see what's up.

Attachments

• 20230120_140606.jpg
    20230120_140606.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 49

LostTribe

Premium user
2 more look like they arent gonna make it. Nothing going on. Thinking I will nurture these that came up and see what they look like before cracking the remaining 6. Those 6 might need some different tactics and a bit warmer overall time of the year to get motivated. I have had them on a mat set to 84 but I think I have better luck when ambient temps are in the mid 80's and right now its low to mid 70's.

Dime

2 more look like they arent gonna make it. Nothing going on. Thinking I will nurture these that came up and see what they look like before cracking the remaining 6. Those 6 might need some different tactics and a bit warmer overall time of the year to get motivated. I have had them on a mat set to 84 but I think I have better luck when ambient temps are in the mid 80's and right now its low to mid 70's.
ak in back row all plants have shown sex, 3/4 male for ak, 4/4 female for white russian

Attachments

• 20230120_140606.jpg
    20230120_140606.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 36

LostTribe

Premium user
The first AK is a total beast so far. Its just stacking and stacking. I feel like this quantum board causes very short internodes on some of these things I got a different spectrum and cant remember which it is I will have to look think its in the karma a5 thread though. I loved it with the hazes but otherwise I think I might try something a bit different.

Looks like the second large one is male but still a bit early. 3rd one is a bit smaller and was started later. The 3 runts are well runts and all mutant looking. The 3rd one looks to have broader leaves and a bit darker in color.

kro-magnon

Veteran
I have not smoked any AK 47 since a very long time, it's one of those old stars of the 90's I'd like to smoke today just to see how I'd react after decades of smoking. I was not so much fan of the Chronic, it was brutal high at least that's how I remember it, it's another strain I've not smoked in decades.
Good luck with your grow of this old celebrity.

Dime

So is the serious seeds AK47 worth grabbing? I have been meaning to grab some for a while but looking for a half decent cut

AK47 was first out around 1992 but many years ago there was a claim someone saved seeds of it since the 1970's and never got credit and gave some seeds away in Holland and it was simply reproduced . I don't know how todays ak47 compares to the original release because i haven't ran the newer ones,but it still wins awards today in both sativa and indica judging . When it was released it had no rival until Jack came along. It is a 50/50 strain that grows and looks like an indica until flowering with a sativa high without the anxiety or nervous tension and a very potent,high quality,long lasting experience . It pretty much set the bar and was the reference strain for one hitter quitters and every pack was keepers when it first hit the market. It and Jack Herer were studied for medical use because of their power and uniqueness and were first to be offered at pharmacies. It is the reason anyone even knows about Serious Seeds and they have never found anything more powerful to date and their next best today is perhaps Warlock as Kali has sadly changed. Ak 47 has been around for 30 years and is still a player and still gaining fans. for breeding,it's like old sk#1,it improved whatever it was crossed with and remained vigorous even inbred.

kro-magnon

Veteran
I had not yet heard or read anything about a guy claiming to have made AK47 in the 70's but to me it sound like total bullshit. For a long time the Serious strains catalogue was very limited because they prefer selling solid genetics their breeder has done rather than resell unstable crosses made by a"ghost breeder" like many other brands.
They have been very clear about having bought the genetics of Magnus like Warlock when he retired from the seeds business so the guy claiming he was ripped off of his creation is not serious at all. ;)

Dime

I had not yet heard or read anything about a guy claiming to have made AK47 in the 70's but to me it sound like total bullshit. For a long time the Serious strains catalogue was very limited because they prefer selling solid genetics their breeder has done rather than resell unstable crosses made by a"ghost breeder" like many other brands.
They have been very clear about having bought the genetics of Magnus like Warlock when he retired from the seeds business so the guy claiming he was ripped off of his creation is not serious at all. ;)
Neither one of us was there, just relaying what was said many years ago,didn't claim it to be true or false.