What's new

pit bulls...

Ca++

We have the British Bulldog. It's a historic breed, that doesn't need making bigger and more aggressive. Our houses get smaller every year. Along with the brains of the people that want these things. It's not the right path to be on. I just hope the one's we have can be registered and tracked, in order to live out their lives, if a home visit see's no obvious problems.

You know right now, these pea brains are doing all they can to get the last litter in. As the gov rush to lay down regulations. So we can expect a glut of badly bred animals, real soon.

In the UK, you need to be registered to breed dogs. Stopping people making a living off shit breeding in a government owned apartment. Though it still happens 'by mistake'
It's not a very old law though. Most dogs are still bred by assholes. Breeders will find your domestic pet a mate, to make a few spends, like they always did. Though now the pool of donors is smaller.

JKD

Veteran
Pretty contentious example of responsible breeding considering the health issues British bulldogs have. Selections ‘good’ registered breeders have made. Banned breed in some countries due to the resulting poor quality of life they can have.

Last edited:

Greaselightning

the xl bully is just way to big of a dog for people to control, as most owners cant control them, jue to size. the breed its self pitbull if its bread, out to different dog types that are more gaurd dog types. can cause a biting pitbull, now the size is already pretty big then xl just took it to far. imo, i do not agree on dogs being uthanized though when they havent caused no harm. also they have personalities like humans one might bite one not.

Ca++

There will be no cull, they are saying. Owners will get a short time to register they have one, and any later found unregistered (new dogs) will be a criminal issue.

If you register your dog now, you can keep it. Though it must be muzzled and on a leash in public.

In the UK we have dog walking areas, that are not classed as public. People actually pay landowners to let their dog run free. Stupid dogs that would otherwise be in the road, or not come back. Or dogs you just don't trust.

This ban has little against it. It effects only those that were going to get that specific dog, and now can't. It's about as restrictive as BMW making the 1series FWD. You just get a different one. Or buy an old one.

big315smooth

mama tried
Veteran
not sure if anyone posted bout this dog yet read on it recently killed 8 or 9 outta 11 coyotes protecting the farm animals. what a beast
download (1).jpeg

Ca++

not sure if anyone posted bout this dog yet read on it recently killed 8 or 9 outta 11 coyotes protecting the farm animals. what a beast
View attachment 18891681
The farmer tells a different story.

The dog thought it was doing wrong. The farmer makes no suggestion the farm was under threat when asked, and indicates it was the dogs litter on it's mind.

These are not bulls, and are bred to defend not attack. Others of his group herded the other animals away.
Your story, as told in some reports, is a misunderstanding. Driven by the same desire to say the dogs good. When actually it was misbehaving.

JKD

Veteran
DECATUR, Ga. — When stacked up against a pack of 11 coyotes looking for blood, the expectation of a dog overcoming the odds to defeat them all seems insurmountable. Little did these coyotes know they were up against Casper.
Despite being only a 20-month-old Great Pyrenees, the livestock herding dog at a home in Decatur displayed his heroic actions by protecting a herd of sheep last month.

It all started in the cul de sac around 9 p.m. on Nov. 3 when a few coyotes came near the house. John Wierwille, the homeowner and Casper's owner, said that he was able to turn them away by throwing a few rocks in their direction and yelling at them to go away.
However, the coyotes were not done. Around 2:30 a.m., Wierwille said he was awakened by the dogs barking and went outside to see his two dogs, Casper and Daisy, backing the sheep up in the corner in order to keep them safe.
As he approached closer, Wierwille noticed a few coyotes already inside the pen, with multiple others just beyond it. He explained that there was around five or six total at the time.
"I wasn't really afraid they were going to attack me or anything," he said. "But they weren't responding [to me], they were focused on Casper I think more than anything."

Wierwille describes the moment Casper sprang into action, as he charged into the middle of the pack in a scrum between the animals that lasted roughly 30 minutes. After killing a few coyotes in the initial action, Wierwille said that Casper continued to fight.
After the coyotes jumped out of the fence, they split up and ran different ways. The undeterred Casper chased them down outside of the fence line, where another fight led to him killing a few more down an embankment to the creek that borders their home, Wierwille said. He lost sight of Casper and couldn't find him anymore.
Casper killed eight coyotes, but it was his disappearance that concerned the owner more.
"So the next day, we thought we could find him, we thought he must have been killed and so we were looking for him," he said. "If he wasn't killed, we figured he was hurt, we knew he was hurt, because we found parts of his tail and blood and other things, so we were worried about him."

After the neighbors joined in the search for the dog, they discovered dead coyotes in the woods. Two days later, Casper showed back up to the house in the pen, where he popped his head up out of the chicken hutch.
"He looked like death, I mean he looked terrible," Wierwille said. "He came back home and he just kind of looked at me like 'boss stop looking at how bad I look, just take care of me.'"
It was then that Wierwille found LifeLine, a nonprofit with a mission of ending the shelter euthanasia of healthy and treatable animals based in Atlanta. Casper underwent multiple surgeries to close up wounds on his neck and back, and even one to amputate his tail.
Wierwille praised LifeLine for saving his dog, citing that they took Casper right in with fantastic care and treated him like one of their own.
"There's not much question about him surviving now, it's a question about what his quality of life will be," he said.
Even though Casper may not ever be out protecting the sheep again, he'll always be known for the night he sprang into action to become the ultimate guard dog.

Ca++

That's not the story I read lol
No sensational 'stacked against all odds' stuff. They're missing the bit about the 8 puppies the farmer thought he was protecting. Though they did include the hiding for two days afterwards. And how it's a herding animal (a Swiss breed)

Need the farmer in here lol

Wierwille recounted to the outlet that he witnessed Casper jump a fence and attack a pack of 11 coyotes, biting their heads and throwing their bodies over his shoulder. The owner is unsure if the animals attacked first or if Casper felt they were threatening his partner, Daisy, who was pregnant with eight puppies. During the incident, Wierwille's five other Great Pyrenees dogs herded the farm's sheep away from the chaos.

Reactions: JKD

JKD

Veteran
Your version was written by Kyle Melnick. In the same piece he writes:

“To protect his sheep, Wierwille adopted six Great Pyreneeses, which were bred centuries ago to defend farm animals and can weigh more than 100 pounds.”

And;

“When Wierwille heard the coyotes yipping last month, he said his six dogs had herded five sheep into a corner of the fence for protection. Casper, who Wierwille said had never been aggressive toward other animals, stood at the front of the pack, watching the 11 coyotes.”

Ca++

It's amazing to think they would protect the sheep like that. I have to wonder what the sheep do for them. If the dogs know they are fed by the farmer, and the farmer uses the animals to achieve this? So in effect, they protect the guy who feeds them, and the food source.

Bred to keep pack animals at bay, I'm not surprised they act as a pack themselves.
It's always hard to judge the outlier. Obviously he was a bit too game.

armedoldhippy

Veteran
View attachment 18891681
dogs killing coyotes? i damn love it! i don't care if it was protecting livestock, or just got a hard-on for coyotes. we shoot 'yotes on sight here, day or night. they are really rough on turkey poults, deer fawns, calves, lambs, and small pets (both dogs and cats), and if not shown the error of their ways, occasionally attack small children. they are an invasive species here east of the Mississippi, and are no more welcome than others like carp, starlings, dutch elm disease, chestnut blight, etc.

Ca++

Another XL death last week. Guy protecting his mum from two.
This week it's a Bull Mastiff dragging a guy into the street. A car swerved to purposely hit it, ending the attack. The owner is now in custody. Letting your dog get out of control, is going to be a charge we see more of I think. They have had him in custody a while..

Perhaps reports like this are meaningless in a big country, but these are within an hours drive. While 500 mass murders is just a statistic in the US, we would be very aware of just one. So when a Bully is messing people up every week, it's a real problem, that won't be swept away under the carpet.

Brother Nature

dogs killing coyotes? i damn love it! i don't care if it was protecting livestock, or just got a hard-on for coyotes. we shoot 'yotes on sight here, day or night. they are really rough on turkey poults, deer fawns, calves, lambs, and small pets (both dogs and cats), and if not shown the error of their ways, occasionally attack small children. they are an invasive species here east of the Mississippi, and are no more welcome than others like carp, starlings, dutch elm disease, chestnut blight, etc.
We had a Neapolitan Mastiff that loved killing them and leaving them at our door as trophys. Rural Northern California, not a pitbull story, but fuck coyotes... He took down a boar once too, drown him in a small pond.

Had a mate who bought a pitbull to be a 'mean ass' guard dog and this thing was large, but the dumbest and most goofy dog ever. loved eating buds too, may have been the cause of the goofiness..

right

Here are my security doggys Coco the pit Chewy the Dobie ,Bohdi the husky and Jaina mostly Italian greyhound.

Attachments

• 20230925_085810.jpg
    20230925_085810.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 37
  • 20230925_085758.jpg
    20230925_085758.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 29
  • 20230925_085753.jpg
    20230925_085753.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 34
  • 20230925_085907.jpg
    20230925_085907.jpg